Robbie Neilson was not good enough

j1964m

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet some on here are revaluation their comments regarding our Robbie.

And they are to blame for Robbie leaving. I am convinced to Neilson was getting pissed off at the flack he being given.

Said it before... We would regret letting Robbie go and we are

Far too cautious after our Championship season and shocking away from home & in cup competitions.

Was never a "Phoodle Oot" guy but wasn't devastated when he moved on either.

Having said that, current performances are unacceptable & I'd be expecting everyone at the club from AB down to be working hard - and I'm sure they are - to rectify the situation.

Didn't want him to leave either. This rip everything up and start again mentality is so self-destructive. Fair enough if we were in crisis, but we weren't. Crazy where we are now, and people want to do the same again. At least there's more of an argument based on form now, but this is getting us nowhere.

The Internet

Going to sound like I'm jumping on a bandwagon now but I backed him all the way and didn't want him to leave. We had some bad spells but i was always confident of us getting back into games and more importantly, winning at home. Even when players were underperforming we were digging out results.

Having said that, I thought we'd struck gold with Cathro and MacPhee so wtf do I know.

Bet some on here are revaluation their comments regarding our Robbie.

And they are to blame for Robbie leaving. I am convinced to Neilson was getting pissed off at the flack he being given.

Said it before... We would regret letting Robbie go and we are

Most of them are doing their best to rewrite history to convince themselves that they weren't wrong.

Apparently the squad (that was in second place) was being held back by Robbie, however this quickly changed to the squad being utterly dugshit and needing replaced completely. Now that it's been replaced and we're even worse, it's Robbie and Levein's fault for installing a negative mindset.

These people are beyond parody.

Neilson was a good head coach and we were lucky to have him.

Lincon Premier

Said at the time I would rather have Levein out but that was never going to happen. We changed for strolling the Championship to playing not to lose. Only one person is the constant in how we are playing.

Rudolf's Mate

I wasn't keen tbh and thought he had taken us as far as he could. Despite my thoughts I wasn't screaming for him to go and voted for him to stay.

It's easy to sit and point the finger when we now find ourselves in this position. It's what KB seems to excel at! I was right, you were wrong! Get it up you! Pretty sad really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tokyo Drifter

I think Neilson had had enough criticism and jumped at the first English job that presented itself. Fair enough.

Going to sound like I'm jumping on a bandwagon now but I backed him all the way and didn't want him to leave. We had some bad spells but i was always confident of us getting back into games and more importantly, winning at home. Even when players were underperforming we were digging out results.

Having said that, I thought we'd struck gold with Cathro and MacPhee so wtf do I know.

This is where I'm at.

It is now.

New turf

:lol:

There's always something that makes me chuckle on here

davemclaren

I didn't want him to go but there is no point re-visiting the past. Only the future can be fixed and I'm sure the club is working hard to do that.

the big show

Didn't want him to leave either. This rip everything up and start again mentality is so self-destructive. Fair enough if we were in crisis, but we weren't. Crazy where we are now, and people want to do the same again. At least there's more of an argument based on form now, but this is getting us nowhere.

Mothy do you honestly think that everybody is basing there opinions based on form now , Because if you do i advise you think again , Robbie and the teams form away from home was woeful the way we went out of cup competitions was woeful , and even some of our home form in games we should have won his tactics, decision making , and we drew was woeful as well ,  Robbie made excuse after excuse for them and half the time it was utter bull . The problems have been there long before Robbie left and he chose to leave himself however trying to kid ourselves on that everything was rosy under him could not be further from the truth because some of the away games was just brutal . Now in my opinion there has been plenty mistakes been made however its was Robbie that had to take the flak and now it's Cathro and i don't believe for a minute that is right while our DOF sits cosy and everyone knows that he makes many of the decisions . what you got to ask yourself is when is he going to hold his hands up . will he i very much doubt it . AYE  and some say it's all a agenda huh i say take the blinkers of .

Jambo-Jimbo

As the song goes you don't know what you've got till its gone

Or be careful what you wish for.

The phoodle out brigade got what they wanted and look where we are now.

WOW, Where have all the Robbie fans come from all of a sudden

Same place the Cathro fans are currently. Just being a whole lot quieter than the folk yelling for him to go.

I didn't want him to go but there is no point re-visiting the past. Only the future can be fixed and I'm sure the club is working hard to do that.

I agree. But the past can be learned from. A certain element of the support could.. but show no signs of doing so at present. Perhaps not capable of doing so.

I agree. But the past can be learned from. A certain element of the support could.. but show no signs of doing so at present. Perhaps not capable of doing so.

Indeed.

Far too cautious after our Championship season and shocking away from home & in cup competitions.

Having said that, current performances are unacceptable & I'd be expecting everyone at the club from AB down to be working hard - and I'm sure they are - to rectify the situation.

Exactly where I am at the moment. Wasn't a big Robbie fan and was happy to seem him go but didn't hound him out in anyway.

Sitting at Hamilton 3-1 down and playing like we were I laughed thinking that if we can win we go 2nd in the league and we were awful.

Summed up both us and the league tbh.

Bowmans_Boot

I wasnt a big Robbie fan at all but wasnt exactly devastated when he went. I was extremely happy and enthusiastic about Cathro and despite a very poor start, I still belive that this management team will turn it around and be a huge success with us.

John Findlay

Said when he left. A hard act to follow and it would appear to be so st the moment.

And as you have said, nothing has changed.

Why? Some are petrified of the answer.

If you compare his cup and away records with other much more experienced hearts managers it was far from shocking. How many hearts managers drew celtic twice and hibs in the cups at such early stages as well?

Nucky Thompson

Robbie was horrendous. Just because we seem to have replaced him with someone equally as bad doesn't make him a World beater.

At least Cathro hasn't lost to a pub team of Maltese waiters

Robbie was horrendous. Just because we seem to have replaced him with someone equally as bad doesn't make him a World beater.

At least Cathro hasn't lost to a pub team of Maltese waiters

Ridiculous. Every manager has bad results. I'm behind cathro - want to see what he can do after a summer transfer window and full season - but his record so far is way, way worse than anything Neilson produced in 2.5 seasons. Pick any batch of 5 or 10 games from robbie's time.

should have never let lockie go

or mchattie

What is your take on the present situation given that you were so vociferous in wanting Robbie out ?

FWIW I feel that Robbie felt he was taking unfair flak from the fans and decided to take a job where he would be his own man and not tied to the DOF strategy .

In other words if he is getting flak at least it will be because of his own decisions.

If you compare his cup and away records with other much more experienced hearts managers it was far from shocking. How many hearts managers drew celtic twice and hibs in the cups at such early stages as well?

There were also St Johnstone, Birkirkara and Livingston (if we are counting the super diddy cup)

Fair enough the three cup defeats to Celtic, we were unlucky to draw them so early but losing after being drawn against a lower league side in Hibs is not acceptable.

I would be surprised if there was a Hearts manager with anywhere near such a poor record from 7 competitions.

What is your take on the present situation given that you were so vociferous in wanting Robbie out ?

FWIW I feel that Robbie felt he was taking unfair flak from the fans and decided to take a job where he would be his own man and not tied to the DOF strategy .

In other words if he is getting flak at least it will be because of his own decisions.

I think robbie would have stayed if a section of fans hadn't acted like arseholes. If i was doing a pros and cons list to make a decision, fans hiring a plane to humiliate me and others booing substitutions and what not when - certainly compared to now - the team was just going through a standard period of stagnation we always go through.

We were in second in the league on the back of promotion and third and people wanted him out. Possibly one of the most rodiculous episodes i can remember in 30 odd years.

He got a good offer to go somewhere where people might appreciate his work and by the looks of it he's doing well.

There were also St Johnstone, Birkirkara and Livingston (if we are counting the super diddy cup)

Fair enough the three cup defeats to Celtic, we were unlucky to draw them so early but losing after being drawn against a lower league side in Hibs is not acceptable.

I would be surprised if there was a Hearts manager with anywhere near such a poor record from 7 competitions.

Debatable but feel free to look up the stats. And the league?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It's still a big 'meh' for me. He did a good job, great job even, but I felt the slip into dull mediocrity was happening long before he left and the team was bailed out by CP a number of times.

I guess it depends where your expectations are. Personally I feel being where "Hearts have usually been" is underachieving in the current context of Scottish football, with finances evening out, Rangers awful, and our big crowd sizes and extra income. Bobbing around between 3rd and 4th and papped out the cups with a whimper was decent return for Craig Levein in 2003 but a lot different now. That doesn't mean he should have been sacked for underachieving but it did mean to me we should have been aiming higher, more ambitious. It's a different debate entirely whether having Cathro here has helped or hindered that.

I never felt Robbie had it in him to propel the team on when the stakes were high and I still don't. I'm not sure his successor floundering a bit changes that really. Robbie's reputation with us was helped massively by that last win over Rangers, which was a great win but really our first barnstorming performance against decent opposition in more than two years.

Anyway, I like him and wish him well but I don't think his loss will do us any damage over the long term.

And as you have said, nothing has changed.

Why? Some are petrified of the answer.

Apart from the shocking home form too now!

Lucille's Thirsty

Run of the mill league games he done a good job.

Games of any importance he was found wanting.

I rated him he was just a little on the inexperienced side which for me was the reason he lost important games IMO.

I'm not comparing his cup record with anyone else's. Drawing Hibs in the cup shouldn't be a big deal but Robbie certainly turned it into one.

Nucky Thompson

Ridiculous. Every manager has bad results. I'm behind cathro - want to see what he can do after a summer transfer window and full season - but his record so far is way, way worse than anything Neilson produced in 2.5 seasons. Pick any batch of 5 or 10 games from robbie's time.

I would give Cathro until the end of the season, but if we slip into the bottom six and find ourselves in a battle, I fear for us.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I rated him he was just a little on the inexperienced side which for me was the reason he lost important games IMO.

Agree.

I would also add there has been a smugness around the club since 2014, that we're doing things in a much more modern, enlightened way and that backwards Scottish football better get ready to eat our dust. It's made us look a bit silly in almost every roll-up-your-sleeves-and-fight cup tie since. Robbie wasn't the cause of that but he did buy into it with all his talk of triple training sessions and Scotland being 15 years behind Europe. When guys like Tommy Wright and Alan Stubbs upped the tempo and the stakes, went toe to toe with him, he didn't have an answer and showed little sign of finding one.

What people forget, is Neilson had a whole summer to build a team before the season started, and built a very good team in the second league.

Cathro has been thrown straight into the deep end, and wasn't exactly left with a perfect squad.

Another myth.

2-1 win versus Rangers at Ibrox.

2-0 win versus Rangers at Tynecastle.

2-1 win versus Hibs at Tynecastle

2-1 win versus Aberdeen at Tynecastle

1-0 win versus Aberdeen at Tynecastle

1-0 win versus Aberdeen at Pittodrie

0-0 draw versus Celtic at Celtic Park

2-2 draw with Celtic at Tynecastle

2-0 win versus Rangers at Tynecastle

It's still a big 'meh' for me. He did a good job, great job even, but I felt the slip into dull mediocrity was happening long before he left and the team was bailed out by CP a number of times.

I guess it depends where your expectations are. Personally I feel being where "Hearts have usually been" is underachieving in the current context of Scottish football, with finances evening out, Rangers awful, and our big crowd sizes and extra income. Bobbing around between 3rd and 4th and papped out the cups with a whimper was decent return for Craig Levein in 2003 but a lot different now. That doesn't mean he should have been sacked for underachieving but it did mean to me we should have been aiming higher, more ambitious. It's a different debate entirely whether having Cathro here has helped or hindered that.

I never felt Robbie had it in him to propel the team on when the stakes were high and I still don't. I'm not sure his successor floundering a bit changes that really. Robbie's reputation with us was helped massively by that last win over Rangers, which was a great win but really our first barnstorming performance against decent opposition in more than two years.

Anyway, I like him and wish him well but I don't think his loss will do us any damage over the long term.

That slip into mediocrity may not have been permanent though. We always have sticky spells. lets be honest here there was a massive over reaction to going out of the cup to hibs flowed by a meh period of football while he tried to put together a team to get third again or better - no easy task.

But it has to be said he was on target for that when he left.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Another myth.

Decent results sure but you're stretching it a bit calling it a 'myth' and by including a couple of draws. There's a list just as big of important games lost.

I'm not comparing his cup record with anyone else's. Drawing Hibs in the cup shouldn't be a big deal but Robbie certainly turned it into one.

You said it was shocking. What does that make our other managers?

Another myth.

Those wins vs hibs and aberdeen are also notable in that both teams had considerably bigger playing budgets than us at the time, which is unusual.

Archived