Tom English

sam?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
August Landmesser

I agree, and he's well-informed and sensible.

Pat Bonner on the other hand is a slavering arse who hasn't done the tiniest bit of research into what he's being paid to talk about

J Cheever Loophole

Slowly turning into an honorary Member of the jambos !!

Very complimentary about hearts.

:2thumbsup:  Got torn into Fullerton and unnamed "others" for untruths

J Cheever Loophole

****** Bonner changing "that's not what we're saying' to "they're saying" when put on the spot by Tambo the Jambo!

Pat Bonner doing his level best to talk down this appointment. Bonner can do one IMO. Now some other (Scott) whallaper chipping in with negativity. Tom exposing the frailties of Scottish football.

Richard Gordon laughing as he tells Tom "you're almost taking this personally, this criticism of Cathro". Naw Richard, it's the auld school media that seems to be taking things to a personal level.

Congratulations Richard, on both completely missing, and illustrating perfectly, the very point you were trying to level at TE.

In fairness to Bonner while saying that 'old' coaches shouldn't be discarded, they need to adapt to modern ways.

A good point

Overall and Willie Miller on now as well

You can tell they are sceptical

See what happens

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Richard Gordon laughing as he tells Tom "you're almost taking this personally, this criticism of Cathro". Naw Richard, it's the auld school media that seems to be taking things to a personal level.

Congratulations Richard, on both completely missing, and illustrating perfectly, the very point you were trying to level at TE.

You should email that in.

Tom English having to take on the usual slavering old firm pandering gits. They are running scared of Cathro already.

Tom has got to open the new stand next year. he is obviously a hearts fan the way he praises us.

Thats a shocker! From what I remember of English is that he always licked the backsides of Hibs and slated Hearts at every opportunity!

J Cheever Loophole

Tom English having to take on the usual slavering old firm pandering gits. They are running scared of Cathro already.

Miller is just as bad.

Mind you he's a weegie himself.

The man's a borderline "nae richtie"

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Nobody knows how this works out. Not the press not Hearts fans or our board.

So sceptical, yeah, that's OK.

What isn't ok is trying to mock a football club showing ambition and if you will pardon the irony or pun, thinking outside of the box, in a country long since broken

On 5 live just now speaking about the appointment to the UK radio audience

Applauds Hearts ambition and as he states no one knows how it will work out

Geoff Kilpatrick

:cornette:

Tom has got to open the new stand next year. he is obviously a hearts fan the way he praises us.

Wouldn't be on my list. Welcome to sit in it. Opening it. Nut. Not having it.

Miller lost the damn plot.  " He said this..  he said.. no limits..  that is, he means he;d going for the  top spot...  ( words like this)

Miller  I allow for, for various reasons but he is fuming, that we should dare to be more ambitious than the sheep. 

I have never heard Wullie so angry. But its probably down to the whisky brain.            

Miller lost the damn plot.  " He said this..  he said.. no limits..  that is, he means he;d going for the  top spot...  ( words like this)

Miller  I allow for, for various reasons but he is fuming, that we should dare to be more ambitious than the sheep. 

Willie Miller, the PERFECT example of the failure of the top player into management philosophy.

Plus the attitude that says NO ONE can challenge Celtic until Sevco find that Colombian Billionaire.

Aberdeen scared Sh****** that their day is over before it's begun.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Miller lost the damn plot. " He said this.. he said.. no limits.. that is, he means he;d going for the top spot... ( words like this)

Miller I allow for, for various reasons but he is fuming, that we should dare to be more ambitious than the sheep.

It makes you wonder how Aberdeen were ever champions. Wonder if their boss accepted their place in football? :rolleyes:

August Landmesser

Is there anywhere I might listen to this from the beginning please.

Not sure if sportsound is on iplayer, but could be worth looking there

What rock did they drag Bonner out from under? There was a 20 year gap between his playing career finishing and his punditry career starting...

Some twat on here was using Willie Miller as some sort of footballing Sherpa last week in a rant against Neilson.

I had to turn it off and just coming back

Scott McDonald was annoying me but to be fair he came back on Miller

Willie Miller really hasn't got over being a failed manager then chief executive (or whatever he was) at Aberdeen. He criticised Ian Cathro for saying he has no limits. Scott McDonald said he thought it was good and spoke quite well about how that is a good attitude to bring.

Miller said it was fine as a personal goal but not to say it. He said its going to cause problems with Hearts fans. Tom English said Hearts fans aren't stupid. But Scott McDonald clearly a bit irked stuck the knife in by questioning why McInnes wasn't saying it for Aberdeen even about getting 2nd (even saying he expected to be behind Rangers this season) and why Aberdeen and McInnes weren't being as ambitious as Cathro.

Miller didn't like it.

Think I'm going to have to avoid that lot now.

******* hate Richard Gordon. Prick

I wouldn't give that **** the steam off of my pish.

Sheep-shagging .

I can see this issue becoming quite a hot potato that will roll on and on. Hearts are going to be very closely watched to see how this so-called experiment works out. Some have already decided it will fail. Some will declare it's going to fail after we lose a game. Some will wait for a period of time to give it a chance. Some will see a much longer period of time before deciding.

It seems reasonable to assume we will have some neutral support and people wishing us well. It seems very safe to assume we will have a much larger audience gleefully hoping for it to fall flat.

It's been said today that we simply have to do our talking on the pitch and achieve big game results. That's as true as it's ever been. We'll have no shortage of critics if we don't progress. The Hearts support today has a very high level of expectation. This well publicised 'experiment' has just significantly raised the bar as far as everyone else is concerned.

The Apprentice

I usually listen to the Sportsound podcast but think I'll give tonight's a swerve if Boner and Miller are spouting their usual drivel. As Sir Gio said above, I'd agree with scepticism at the appointment of Cathro and McPhee, but there are people who are paid to voice opinions up here who are absolute dinosaurs and cannot get over the face we are trying something different.

Cathro even had to bat off a question about who would be picking the team during his news conference today. The roasters still can't get their heads around the concept of a Director of Football.

J Cheever Loophole

Willie Miller is a wank and always has been.

Groucho Marx without the goggles or the humour.

Tennant's  6's

What rock did they drag Bonner out from under? There was a 20 year gap between his playing career finishing and his punditry career starting...

I know! 

It's a bit bizarre how he just reappeared again..

I'd much prefer more of Tom English, Gordon Waddell etc.. Some real poor pundits on that show. Does Willie Miller honestly believe that Hearts fans will expect to challange for the title just because Cathro stated that he wouldn't place limits of his/ teams goals?..

I'd much prefer this positivity, as opposed to the usual prgmatic, downbeat comments..

Abysmal that Sportsound employ Bonnar for Celtic games only. Haven't heard him summarise on a game that doesn't involve them. When Celtic score you can always hear him roaring in the background.

If his beloved Sellick are not involved he knows what Manuel knows...

I usually listen to the Sportsound podcast but think I'll give tonight's a swerve if Boner and Miller are spouting their usual drivel. As Sir Gio said above, I'd agree with scepticism at the appointment of Cathro and McPhee, but there are people who are paid to voice opinions up here who are absolute dinosaurs and cannot get over the face we are trying something different.

Cathro even had to bat off a question about who would be picking the team during his news conference today. The roasters still can't get their heads around the concept of a Director of Football.

Good call

Not really worth it after first section where Cathro talks

Because of course there is absolutely no-one better.

No-one at all.

Anywhere.

:smiliz23:

Plus, of course, as Levein said of the weegie media,

"Some just don't like me!"

I can see Craig not being able to sleep at nights because of that.

I always want Hearts to win, every game, I just want it a lot more now.

Tom English often stands out on these shows for being one of the only regulars that bothers to keep himself up to date on anything other than Celtic or Rangers. Bet half of them hadn't read up on anything other than Boyd's bloody column.

Archived