Tom English

sam?

Ricardo Shillyshally

Boyd's 'career' in the media should have ended tonight. His voice, his language and his lack of knowledge should disqualify him from ever appearing outside Ipox for the rest of his days.

My only regret was he wasn't called out for the pish about Levein's scraps of paper.

I jumped in the car and heard some roaster talking nonsense about HMFC/Cathro and thought it was some random on a phone in. Low and behold it was Kris Boyd.

A player at another club spouting pish like that is not only disrespectful to Hearts fans, but Killie fans too.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

Far less than before but yes, there is an element of this, albeit I think it diminishes as the years go by.

Have to say I dont really get the link to this thread, though.

Past remarks by him aimed at Heart fans I'd imagine. Once you tar all with the same brush its hard to change peoples perception of you.

Actually cynical and rubbish. We all know what a couple of posters on here have against Tom English. It is because a few years ago he had a go at our wee band of loyalist bigots. I think he went a bit over the top at the time and should have spent more time on the much bigger problem through at ibrox but nothing he said was untrue. Tom English is the best guy on Scottish Radio at the moment (not hard I know)

My post had nothing to do with that and more to do with his ambition professionally in the media.

I like him .

Glad hes liking what he sees.

Results will shut them up though.

Boyd's 'career' in the media should have ended tonight. His voice, his language and his lack of knowledge should disqualify him from ever appearing outside Ipox for the rest of his days.

My only regret was he wasn't called out for the pish about Levein's scraps of paper.

Boyd was shameful tonight. Utterly shameful and unprofessional in the extreme

I misread that as 'carer'.

Punks No Deid

Will he get pulled up for his comments by the gfa?

i wish jj was my dad

I wouldn't hold my breath

I am not being defensive. I dislike Tom English because of what he wrote about Hearts supporters, it wasn't just about the loyalist element, it was about Hearts supporters as a group. To say that some people dislike him due to him criticising the loyalist element of our support is just completely untrue and a lazy put down.

Anybody with half a brain knew exactly who he was talking about in our support and strangely enough it seems to be the slightly rangers minded that hold it against him. Weird.

tartofmidlothian

In other circumstances I'd expect Levein or Budge to make a fuss about this, but maybe they'd rather we did our talking on the park.

Anybody with half a brain knew exactly who he was talking about in our support and strangely enough it seems to be the slightly rangers minded that hold it against him. Weird.

Absolute nonsense.

The Real Maroonblood

Fair comment.

Do Kilmarnock fans ever get annoyed at Boyd for being a blatant Rangers man whilst being employed by them?

Without doubt the most craven, old-firm leaning club in the league. I'd be incandescent if one of our players took every single opportunity to bum up either half of the old firm like Boyd does.

Boyd is an ignorant prick but he's the ignorant prick who keeps being given a platform to be one on. Rest assured that his ignorant views will be shared by other similarly backwards players throughout Scotland. Perhaps a minority but there will surely be some. It's not likely that Boyd is alone. It seems reasonable to believe that there will be coaches and management staff, perhaps cut from old skool cloth, who also share Boyd's closed mind attitude.

Because of this, and other reasons, there will be a will for us to fail and as badly as possible. We'll probably see a lot of premature triumphant claims of failure in this regard. Those of a precious nature are in for a rough ride.

Boyd said that people he knew at Newcastle basically informed him Cathro's role was only to provide pre game analysis on match opponents.

TE called him out by stating that three journo's who he gets the inside track from at NCL training say that IC was very much hands on on the training ground.

So if Fat Boy Kris is telling the truth who is leaking him the info? Ritchie, Hanley, or who else? I believe TE on this one and think that FBK is just shit-stirring for the sake of his own agenda.

Boyd said that people he knew at Newcastle basically informed him Cathro's role was only to provide pre game analysis on match opponents.

TE called him out by stating that three journo's who he gets the inside track from at NCL training say that IC was very much hands on on the training ground.

So if Fat Boy Kris is telling the truth who is leaking him the info? Ritchie, Hanley, or who else? I believe TE on this one and think that FBK is just shit-stirring for the sake of his own agenda.

I guess we'll never truly know

JS67857764.jpg

Is Boyd not getting confused with Macphee?

He was probably talking to Lafferty and the thick **** thought he played for Newcastle

tartofmidlothian

JS67857764.jpg

And Jack Colback said Cathro "takes no shit" on the training ground. He must have been hallucinating.

Tom English & Scott McDonald totally get what we're trying to do. Miller just made a complete erse of himself.

Wasn't aware of this - is Scott McDonald in the media a bit over there?? (Interested aussie).

Wasn't aware of this - is Scott McDonald in the media a bit over there?? (Interested aussie).

Seems to be more recently, comes across pretty well in his assessments, & not afraid to speak his mind against the more established pundits.

Tokyo Drifter

Tom has got to open the new stand next year. he is obviously a hearts fan the way he praises us.

Well, cast your mind back to when he was at Scotland On Sunday and you might remember him giving it tight to the Hearts fans time and time again. Admit he's changed his tune slightly since he jumped ship to the Beeb.

Yes, on radio and TV. He's very good - decent sense of humour, informed, reasoned and frank comments.

Boyd is trying (and succeeding) to stir things up. Think he could have chosen another route, but maybe tricky to be truthful working for the Sun?

While I like Tom English and enjoyed his recent gig at the HMSA dinner. He is being lauded for being impartial a pretty sad state of affairs which reflects badly on the majority of the fuds that you hear on Sportsound.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Scottish football needs overhauled. The same old tired shit hasn't been working for years now. Tom English has identified this fact however the tired old shits haven't, can't or don't want to. Boyd et al are cling onto the past ways and hopefully they will die off like the dinasaurs they are.

Kris Boyd's ignorance is outstanding... a simple google search on 'Ian Cathro Newcastle United'  shows a fair few training ground images. Oh wait... Boyd doesn't do computers...

While I like Tom English and enjoyed his recent gig at the HMSA dinner. He is being lauded for being impartial a pretty sad state of affairs which reflects badly on the majority of the fuds that you hear on Sportsound.

I think Tom English is being praised, quite rightly, for offering intelligent, insightful comment more than just for being impartial. He is streets ahead of most pundits because he comes across as knowing what he's talking about.

Rudolf's Mate

JS67857764.jpg

But, but, but he stands at the side with his hands in his pockets muttering to himself :Aye:

This picture alone crushes Boyd's claim!

Amazing that people still can't let go of an article written what, 6 or 7 years ago?

He is right in the main, Hearts fans are indeed arseholes :lol:

Amazing that people still can't let go of an article written what, 6 or 7 years ago?

Dunno if I'd agree that, in the main, Hearts fans are arseholes. But I will definitely concede that, in the main, Kickback IS for arseholes!

But, but, but he stands at the side with his hands in his pockets muttering to himself :Aye:

Throw into the mix this wee video that Sky tweeted the other day, it's got PURE MOOVIN PIKCHURS of Cathro takin training.

https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/806901060757495808

Boydy the fat ***** needs to have a word wae his contacts...they obviously know **** all.

I think Tom English is being praised, quite rightly, for offering intelligent, insightful comment more than just for being impartial. He is streets ahead of most pundits because he comes across as knowing what he's talking about.

Agree he is streets ahead of most pundits in Scotland but that in my view is faint praise. I like Tom but he is no Hugh Mcillvaney (spelling?).

Throw into the mix this wee video that Sky tweeted the other day, it's got PURE MOOVIN PIKCHURS of Cathro takin training.

Boydy the fat ***** needs to have a word wae his contacts...they obviously know **** all.

I suppose he COULD be going "hey, get that off, the bibs go over there, next to the cones!"

BBC Scotland actually does pretty well in covering Scottish football as a whole (the radio anyway). They have a pretty broad spectrum of views expressed and often dedicate large chunks of their shows to non-Old Firm sides. They've certainly spent a lot of time covering us in the last few seasons. Hibs too. I've listened to extensive discussions of goings on at Falkirk, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, ICT, Aberdeen... Pretty much everyone.

Their main anchor is a well-known Aberdeen fan. Their main lead-in show is presented by supporters of St Johnstone and Motherwell, one of whom regularly rips right in to the new Rangers live on air. They have a broad range of pundits for live matches including ex-players from all kinds of clubs.

Of course Rangers and Celtic get a lot of coverage. They're the two best-supported clubs in the country. But I think Sportsound does a decent job of covering the game as a whole and generally discussing what's going on in Scottish football, whatever clubs are involved.

It gets a lot of unfair criticism. Some of their employees are rubbish, of course, but in general I think Sportsound does a decent job. I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

Disagree. Their actual match coverage is dreadful. When there are midweek fixtures and Celtic are playing, we get live coverage of the Celtic game with just really shite updates from the other matches, even more frustrating when often the Celtic game is also on TV. If I cannot get to a match, I would like to at least get some radio commentary. I do not want to sit through the bleeding Celtic game just to hear 'Biscuits' tell us about a throw in every 25 minutes or so. If I cannot get full game commentary, then I will take open all mics. I really cannot stand Celtic and I don't appreciate being forced to sit through their gushing over them.

If the BBC cannot offer us something better than their current coverage, then I would like Radio Forth to get Super Scoreboard back up and running, so I can listen to Hearts matches.

...a bit disco

Disagree. Their actual match coverage is dreadful. When there are midweek fixtures and Celtic are playing, we get live coverage of the Celtic game with just really shite updates from the other matches, even more frustrating when often the Celtic game is also on TV. If I cannot get to a match, I would like to at least get some radio commentary. I do not want to sit through the bleeding Celtic game just to hear 'Biscuits' tell us about a throw in every 25 minutes or so. If I cannot get full game commentary, then I will take open all mics. I really cannot stand Celtic and I don't appreciate being forced to sit through their gushing over them.

If the BBC cannot offer us something better than their current coverage, then I would like Radio Forth to get Super Scoreboard back up and running, so I can listen to Hearts matches.

Apparently Radio Forth is doing Superscoreboard.

Heard an ad for it in the car yesterday.

This video proves Krisp Boyd is correct.  Cathro can be seen walking through a group of people talking loudly to himself and pointing.  If that was in the Meadows folk would be phoning the Police.

What have we done here people :(

That video is clearly photoshopped and the interview with Robbie is dubbed.

In cheesey wotsits we trust!

He is BBC's best. Spence was good also. Probably why he left.

Bob Crampsy was excellent, and must be turning in his grave now at the overall standard.

Apparently Radio Forth is doing Superscoreboard.

Heard an ad for it in the car yesterday.

Cheers (Burren too). I don't think it's the same as the old set up though. Superscoreboard used to have live coverage of the big game in the East. Mark Donaldson and Chris Paterson were the commentators. It was a really good show and you weren't forced to listen to commentary on Celtic.

August Landmesser

Cheers (Burren too). I don't think it's the same as the old set up though. Superscoreboard used to have live coverage of the big game in the East. Mark Donaldson and Chris Paterson were the commentators. It was a really good show and you weren't forced to listen to commentary on Celtic.

Ah yeah. This version has music on it too.

Ghastly new-fangled nonsense...

Richard Gordon laughing as he tells Tom "you're almost taking this personally, this criticism of Cathro". Naw Richard, it's the auld school media that seems to be taking things to a personal level.

Congratulations Richard, on both completely missing, and illustrating perfectly, the very point you were trying to level at TE.

Richard Gordon is a smug knob. Will never know why there is a love in for him from Scottish Football fans

Big Slim Stylee

He could just be pointing out where he put the last cone.

MacDonald Jardine

Richard Gordon is a smug knob. Will never know why there is a love in for him from Scottish Football fans

Because he doesn't support one of the Old Firm people think he's a good guy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ah yeah. This version has music on it too.

Ghastly new-fangled nonsense...

More to do with the lack of live coverage Mr BJ. Is the link you posted not the Forth FM equivalent of Virgin Radio's old Rock 'n' Roll Soccer, or whatever it was called?

August Landmesser

More to do with the lack of live coverage Mr BJ. Is the link you posted not the Forth FM equivalent of Virgin Radio's old Rock 'n' Roll Soccer, or whatever it was called?

TBH I've no idea what the show's like - just did a search on the Forth website, I usually listen to OAM if I'm not at the match.

Well, that or hammer nails into my ears - depending on which chumps they have squawking into their microphones that day...

P.S. 'Mr BJ'? Hmmmm... Might have to tweak my username a little... 'SenorGobjob' - yeah... that'll do it...

gorgie rd eh11

Anybody with half a brain knows this is b*llsh*t

Yep.

Speak for yourself.

Archived