Winning the next three games is vital

Lincon Premier

Jambof3tornado

Not must wins but we need to keep as close to celtic/sevco and aberdeen as we can.

Winning games makes winning games easier.

Watt and Sammon will get going soon.

Johnsen to come in eventually,but could take 6 games to get up to speed.

Mon the JT's

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% agree. The agenda is on this forum, not convinced it's significant anywhere else. JKB is in danger of becoming the place to be for those that have a grievance or can't take a defeat. I suspect the vast majority of fans will start to avoid it. I'm certainly less interested in the forum than I have been since it started. It's getting to the point where you need the valium and water at the ready before you log in.

Whole point of their programme knock the spirit out of the fans and cause a wave of discontent.Doomed to failure

I can genuinely see us winning all three games. I think for me the issue is the bigger more challenging games.

I fear we just won't compete and will end up enduring boring mid table mediocrity for the whole season.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I can genuinely see us winning all three games. I think for me the issue is the bigger more challenging games.

I fear we just won't compete and will end up enduring boring mid table mediocrity for the whole season.

This is where we're at. We'll beat many teams in the league but we won't beat the teams who finish above us. Neilson just can't bridge that gap.

Harvey Specter

This is where we're at. We'll beat many teams in the league but we won't beat the teams who finish above us. Neilson just can't bridge that gap.

At the moment we don't know who'll finish above us but based on last seasons table, hypothetically lets say it's Celtic and Aberdeen again.

We defeated Aberdeen three times last season, Aberdeen who finished above us. Having been at Pittodrie on Saturday I'm confident we'll beat them again this season as they didn't look like a team to fear. Fair enough we didn't defeat Celtic last season but our last victory against them came all the way back in 2012 so you can't fault Robbie for our record against them last season. If anything he probably deserves a bit of praise considering he managed two draws against them which is more than any other manager has achieved since 2012.

We beat Aberdeen 3 times last year though.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

Don't let facts get in the way

At the moment we don't know who'll finish above us but based on last seasons table, hypothetically lets say it's Celtic and Aberdeen again.

We defeated Aberdeen three times last season, Aberdeen who finished above us. Having been at Pittodrie on Saturday I'm confident we'll beat them again this season as they didn't look like a team to fear. Fair enough we didn't defeat Celtic last season but our last victory against them came all the way back in 2012 so you can't fault Robbie for our record against them last season. If anything he probably deserves a bit of praise considering he managed two draws against them which is more than any other manager has achieved since 2012.

Good post. Neilson still faces this accusation about not competing against Celtic and Aberdeen... despite proof to the contrary. Repeatedly winning or drawing against Aberdeen. Two draws and a recent near miss versus Celtic.

Next three games are a great chance to get 3 wins. Forwards need to start scoring though, if they do we will cruise through these games if not we will struggle particularly at Firhill.

The People's Chimp

Less than 7 points will be disappointing.

Inverness is a must win, the only team in the league below us. Partick have had a positive start, it's away from home but you should still expect to take at least a point, lastly Hamilton, we should be looking to win all of our home games, Hamilton performed well against Rangers and could frustrate the fans, but hopefully by the time we play them we've got a couple of wins behind us and pushing for the top-6.

We're playing well just now, we created a lot of chances in our last 2 home games, with our strikers looking sharper now, if we continue creating the chances, it will be enough to get those couple of wins to get our season started.

7 points needed at a minimum, but should be looking for maximum points. 

Buffalo Bill

:tlj:

:groundhog:

Bazzas right boot

Based on what?

We beat Aberdeen twice last year.

We also drew with Celtic twice.

Who else beat Aberdeen twice in the league?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Winning those three would be great but the coach needs a big blockbuster win somewhere to slow the increasing doubts about him. In six months he presided over two of the worst results in the history of the club and it'll take more than a routine win over Patrick Thistle to get some folk back on side. Harsh that two results can do that but that's the game. He needs a big two or three goal win at Ibrox or something like that or this just won't go away.

Winning those three would be great but the coach needs a big blockbuster win somewhere to slow the increasing doubts about him. In six months he presided over two of the worst results in the history of the club and it'll take more than a routine win over Patrick Thistle to get some folk back on side. Harsh that two results can do that but that's the game. He needs a big two or three goal win at Ibrox or something like that or this just won't go away.

Losing to Hibs in the SC has left scars, and losing to a Maltese team will always be a stain on his CV, however if Hearts fans can see an end to his constant tinkering, see positive team set ups, and 100% commitment to win games, they will cut Robbie some slack.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Losing to Hibs in the SC has left scars, and losing to a Maltese team will always be a stain on his CV, however if Hearts fans can see an end to his constant tinkering, see positive team set ups, and 100% commitment to win games, they will cut Robbie some slack.

Maybe. It's a nice thought when you lay it out like that

I'll get lambasted for this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Some of the posters pushing the agenda that you mention are actually Hearts supporters who used to post regularly on here. They are now all members of another forum who's entire reason for existence is attacking Hearts, Hearts supporters and Kickback.

What forum is this? Hibs.net? VitalHearts? ****?

Do you honestly think there are Hearts fans out there who want to attack Hearts, Hearts supporters and Kickback?

Who?

Bazzas right boot

Bollocks, if we beat every one else we'll end up 2nd, that will get folk on side.

How many times has a Hearts team won by 2/3 goals at Ibrox, when was that the way to judge any manager!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Bollocks, if we beat every one else we'll end up 2nd, that will get folk on side.

How many times has a Hearts team won by 2/3 goals at Ibrox, when was that the way to judge any manager!

He shouldn't be judged on that. I didn't mean that at all. I'm saying that after two absolute shockers, two of the worst results in our entire history, in the space of six months, he could do himself a world of good with an equally huge landmark result in the other direction.

Bazzas right boot

He shouldn't be judged on that. I didn't mean that at all. I'm saying that after two absolute shockers, two of the worst results in our entire history, in the space of six months, he could do himself a world of good with an equally huge landmark result in the other direction.

Hibs beating us is one of our worst results in our history?

Really, or just fans being dramatic.

The Malta result was poor, but no where near the worst in our history.

Really wasn't.

All positive results are good, beating rangers would also be helpful, but surely that goes without saying.

:cornette:

So we're already approaching the city limits of Mustwingamesville?

Naw. That's just yet more unhelpful pressure and expectation being laid as groundwork to use against Neilson if we drop something. The utter cretins continuing this campaign are not helping the club. You're hell bent on harming it.

Agree 100%

I cant understand why supposed Hearts fans are so determined to do down the club at every opportunity.

Doesn't seem to matter the subject being discussed the negatrolls are on it like dug a with a bone.

WTF is wrong with these people ?

Brighton Jambo

We wont beat Partick away. I doubt if we'll have a serious go at beating them

The other 6 points are an absolute must IMO.

Based on what evidence we won't beat Partick? We went there last year and won 4-0 by having a go.

We will be lucky to take 2 draws from the next 3 games ,

the problems we have with the team,style,motivation, formation and tactics are about to be shown bare against ict and partick.

Absolute garbage

Bowmans_Boot

Hibs beating us is one of our worst results in our history?

Really, or just fans being dramatic.

The Malta result was poor, but no where near the worst in our history.

Really wasn't.

All positive results are good, beating rangers would also be helpful, but surely that goes without saying.

In Europe, which result was worse?

Anything less than 9 should be unacceptable to all at the club, fans, management, players and board.

ICT

Partick Thistle

Hamilton

Since when did it become acceptable for Heart of Midlothian FC to drop (or expect to drop) points to these teams?

I love the way you always post this like it's some iron clad law of the universe that Hearts always beat these teams.

Lincon Premier

The reason I started this thread was because we have not had a decent result since just after half way through last season and the start of this season has been disappointing if not down right crap. These next three games are teams we should be beating easily if we ever have a hope of challenging. If we don't beat these teams rather handsomely then I fear we will struggle for top six. ( IMHO ) 

Bowmans_Boot

The reason I started this thread was because we have not had a decent result since just after half way through last season and the start of this season has been disappointing if not down right crap. These next three games are teams we should be beating easily if we ever have a hope of challenging. If we don't beat these teams rather handsomely then I fear we will struggle for top six. ( IMHO )

I believe we will get top 6, but not in a position to challenge for anything (even preseason warm up matches).

However, as you rightly point out, the negativity is more about the performances in 2016, whereas the "Robbie is God!!" camp would have us believe that last season was a great success and we are only two games into this one.

Leaving yourself room for a pop at Robbie even if we get maximum points.  Its not enough to beat teams now we have to beat them handsomely or its ROBBIE OOT.

Bazzas right boot

In Europe, which result was worse?

That wasn't the original piont, but yes it was our worst result in Europe.

Every Scottish team has , unfortunately been through that recently.

Not sure it's a sacking offence, in fact I am sure it is not.

Bazzas right boot

I believe we will get top 6, but not in a position to challenge for anything (even preseason warm up matches).

However, as you rightly point out, the negativity is more about the performances in 2016, whereas the "Robbie is God!!" camp would have us believe that last season was a great success and we are only two games into this one.

Not heard anyone say robbie is God, in fact most, if not every one has some concerns.

However, some are more realistic in our teams ability and given we had our best season in the league last year are giving our current set up more than two results to match or better that.

Were as others want Paul Hartley as manager.

Bowmans_Boot

That wasn't the original piont, but yes it was our worst result in Europe.

Every Scottish team has , unfortunately been through that recently.

Not sure it's a sacking offence, in fact I am sure it is not.

I haven't once called for Robbie to be sacked. I just think our start to the season (and our 2016 as a whole) has been far more of a disaster than remotely positive.

MacDonald Jardine

Not heard anyone say robbie is God, in fact most, if not every one has some concerns.

However, some are more realistic in our teams ability and given we had our best season in the league last year are giving our current set up more than two results to match or better that.

That's just not true.

There are still posts on here of the "I think he'll come good" variety.

I'd like to think they're right but struggle to see what it's based on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

That's just not true.

There are still posts on here of the "I think he'll come good" variety.

I'd like to think they're right but struggle to see what it's based on.

It's based on the last two seasons and our consistent improvement season after season.

A shitty European result and a LC defeat away at St Johnstone doesn't change that.

Sick of hearing about the poor league form last year, we finished 3rd and that's what a league campaign is judged on.

The defeat to hibs, is ultimately is what some cannot get over, and the fact they won the thing seems to have ended allot on here's world and sanity.

the big show

People quite rightly have concerns because a lot of this seasons games so far celtic game aside have been very similar to many of the games from last season and we are hearing the same ludicrous excuses . Time will only tell but if these next few fixtures there is no improvement or positive signs then i can honestly say i think Robbie will be there on borrowed time . Lets be honest it is hard to be extremely positive on what we have seen so far or what has happened since the end of last season . PS and i voted for Robbie to stay but i would be lying to say that i don't get frustrated at quite i few things which i think a few others feel the same .

Bazzas right boot

People quite rightly have concerns because a lot of this seasons games so far celtic game aside have been very similar to many of the games from last season and we are hearing the same ludicrous excuses . Time will only tell but if these next few fixtures there is no improvement or positive signs then i can honestly say i think Robbie will be there on borrowed time . Lets be honest it is hard to be extremely positive on what we have seen so far or what has happened since the end of last season . PS and i voted for Robbie to stay but i would be lying to say that i don't get frustrated at quite i few things which i think a few others feel the same .

I agree, the next 3/ 4 games are important, poor results against "the lesser" teams will put us in the poor start category, we are not there yet.

I am confident we will win the next 3 games.

Bowmans_Boot

I agree, the next 3/ 4 games are important, poor results against "the lesser" teams will put us in the poor start category, we are not there yet.

I am confident we will win the next 3 games.

1 point out of 6, pumped out of the LC at the earliest opportunity and embarrassed in Europe IS "poor start" category!! Jesus, what would you have considered poor?

MacDonald Jardine

It's based on the last two seasons and our consistent improvement season after season.

A shitty European result and a LC defeat away at St Johnstone doesn't change that.

Sick of hearing about the poor league form last year, we finished 3rd and that's what a league campaign is judged on.

The defeat to hibs, is ultimately is what some cannot get over, and the fact they won the thing seems to have ended allot on here's world and sanity.

There was poor league form though, third place or not.

It doesn't all boil down to the cup game.

That was two poor performances.

The European defeat was worse.

Lincon Premier

Leaving yourself room for a pop at Robbie even if we get maximum points.  Its not enough to beat teams now we have to beat them handsomely or its ROBBIE OOT.

You obviously have not read any of my posts. I personally would prefer Levein out! I feel Robbie was in command of the team in the Championship and we played attacking football. Once it was clear we had the Championship in the bag and latterly third last season it would appear Levein has stepped in and our approach has been too cautious.

Many claiming Levein is not interfering, but have twice now failed to answer my point. If Levein is not interfering then why not? Surely he can see how we are playing. If however as I suggest he is interfering he should butt out and leave Robbie to it. 

Someone asked how people think Levein in interfering, and one point I would suggest, is everyone in the box at corners leaving us with no out ball.

The last two seasons we've had excellent starts. Even in 2013 we had 7 points after 5 games, beating Hibs, Aberdeen and drawing away to Partick.

It is unfortunate that we have had the two hardest games first, but, the Aberdeen result was better for us than for them.

Like last year though, we will have winning streaks, hopefully starting with the next three games.

Bazzas right boot

1 point out of 6, pumped out of the LC at the earliest opportunity and embarrassed in Europe IS "poor start" category!! Jesus, what would you have considered poor?

Defeat of Celtic, defeat away to St Johnstone and draw at Aberdeen is not a great start, the results taken individualy shouldn't be a shock, not a good start for sure, but if you research results against these teams, you gain a little perspective.

Versus last year's fixtures, we are a point better off.

gorgie rd eh11

We should play with 3 strikers & totally pump them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genius.

:stuart:

Bazzas right boot

There was poor league form though, third place or not.

It doesn't all boil down to the cup game.

That was two poor performances.

The European defeat was worse.

Going to disagree, if we are talking league form, 3rd place was the end result and a good position.

The cup game, this is definitely pushing somes agenda against Robbie, maybe not yours.

The European game was rotten, however, like it or not it's inline with Scottish teams in Europe over the past 5 years or so. Rotten and depressing but bang in line with everyone else.

No where near a sacking.

Bowmans_Boot

Defeat of Celtic, defeat away to St Johnstone and draw at Aberdeen is not a great start, the results taken individualy shouldn't be a shock, not a good start for sure, but if you research results against these teams, you gain a little perspective.

Versus last year's fixtures, we are a point better off.

Europe doesn't matter?

In terms of losing to St Johnstone again, is it acceptable to take the stance of, "well, we always lose to them so no change"? Shouldn't we be looking to improve?

Lincon Premier

For me the results in the first three games are not as important as the tactics and style we employ. I know it's very Hibsesque to lose with style, but we are not showing we COULD beat these teams. We are not showing any improvement from last season and I am not convinced the signings we have made, versus those we let go, have improved the team.

I think if we don't win our next three games we are on a hiding to nothing this season saying that take the league cup game and the european games out we have performed decent in the league. But our target must be to get second in the league and improve on last season and I don't buy into this we have young players rubbish top 3 or neilson out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Genuinely think we'll win our next seven games

I don't fancy us to win the first of them tbh.

I think if we don't win our next three games we are on a hiding to nothing this season saying that take the league cup game and the european games out we have performed decent in the league. But our target must be to get second in the league and improve on last season and I don't buy into this we have young players rubbish top 3 or neilson out.

This is pretty black and white.

If we continue this form and finish 4th then I would say its definitely time for a change. But we could go on to have a very good season and lose out to 3rd on goal difference.

Celtic will no doubt win it again but it won't be by a huge margin and there won't be much between us, Aberdeen and Rangers imo.

Anything less than 4th though and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a new Head Coach in place for preseason training.

Getintaethem

For me the results in the first three games are not as important as the tactics and style we employ. I know it's very Hibsesque to lose with style, but we are not showing we COULD beat these teams. We are not showing any improvement from last season and I am not convinced the signings we have made, versus those we let go, have improved the team.

Disagree. We could easily have beaten both Celtic and Aberdeen, we just didn't take our chances. I also think the style has changed, and in a strange way it's probably cost us. We got caught on the counter attack against Celtic when pushing forward trying to win the game. We also lost late goals to St Johnstone trying to find another goal to kill the tie, when perhaps last season we would have shut up shop and killed the game. We also could have easily come away from Pittodrie with three points had Watt taken that great chance at the death.

It's too early to judge the new signings, but if we bring in a left sided winger and another central midfielder then we are far, far stronger than last season. There's a good chance we are already stronger than we were in the later part of last season.

This is pretty black and white.

If we continue this form and finish 4th then I would say its definitely time for a change. But we could go on to have a very good season and lose out to 3rd on goal difference.

Celtic will no doubt win it again but it won't be by a huge margin and there won't be much between us, Aberdeen and Rangers imo.

Anything less than 4th though and I'd be surprised if there wasn't a new Head Coach in place for preseason training.

The expections are so high now but neilson will not get replaced he is levein's man and can be easily controlled I think celtic will win the league with Aberdeen second and rangers third and hearts will get into the top six and that will be it.

Archived