That was total shite

Craigieboy

It's worrying how workman like we look. There was zero craft, invention or enthusiasm.

Why on earth Sammon didn't even try to get on the end of Souttars cross at the end I'll never know. His performance tonight means he's under a fair bit of pressure already.

If that had been a decent side we were playing we could have took a bit of a beating.

Surely losing next week would be the most embarrassing result in our history.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as we went 2-1 up I said to the boy beside me (jokingly) we'd try and defend the lead.

Then we went to 5-4-1

Then we started to sit deep

Honest to ****ing god its an utter joke. Half expecting Budge to fire a statement up on the website saying she's dissapointed in the Hearts support voicing our displeasure.

fabienleclerq

I'm really trying to be optimistic and say it was their first game.....

Walker played like he thinks he's better than what he's is, Djoum and Buaben created very little, the two centre halves were shite, Paterson pretty poor and Joanna's a waste of skin. What's with playing wingers who never move into the space, you know up the wing? It's like having two full backs.

Really pedestrian performance we'll get humped by a decent team. Played it like a friendly in a competition that could net us good cash, I know it's the first game but then that's s management decision to treat it as such. Far from impressed, no movement no creativity not good viewing.

It was a marginally less strange decision than giving it to Djoum, which some other mob did.

Why Djoum remained on the pitch has already provided a candidate for greatest mystery of the season.

He's our best player

I don't get the it was the first game they have played more. The players had four weeks off and had conditioning plans with robbie saying they all came back in good shape. You don't lose your competative edge in four weeks. That tonight was shambolic. If anyone is out there offering any money for Patterson and Nicholson then we should take it. Sam will never be a top player and we are the best team he will ever get a game for. Sammon and juanma were totally ineffective and I would have swapped them both for info number 9 who looked direct and pacy a well as scoring a great goal. No idea what the game plan was but if it was robbie tactics they were following then the blame lays with him. Kitchen must be wondering wtf he has done

Same as the last 4 months of last season. Doesn't seem like any player is enjoying their football. What happened to the team that beat motherwell 6.0.

The same old issues as the second half of last season. Too slow, poor set pieces and comedy defending. Fact is that playing Walker and Nicholson in the same team leaves us exposed defensively against any opposition. Teams know how we are going to play as we are so predictable. Alarmingly we have been even worse away from home.

Jambof3tornado

2 lazy wingers who constantly move to stand next to a man rather than look for spaces. 2 forward who made similar runs throughout. 2 full backs who rarely got nearvthe byline to cross a ball and a pair of centrehalfs that looked like they just met in the tunnel.

Totally naffm

Phil Dunphy

I remember getting pelters for questioning whether or not our recruitment policy was sufficient for this game.

But I'm sure they're delighted that we addressed the total lack of creativity in the midfield by doing absolutely **** all to fix it.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The honeymoon period is nearing its end for the regime and it is only right that we are starting to question not the running if the club which is spot on but the product on the pitch. I am not going to call for heads to roll but we should continue to nudge the club in the direction of more attacking philosophy which should make watching the team less of a grind.

What I can't get my head round is these are professional footballers.Last season our objective was to get third place.We got that.We got into Europe .Everyone involved with the club knew we were going to be playing ties in June.Our opponents were not going to be Tottenham or Liverpool.Homework surely should have been done about Infonet.They came to a packed Tynecastle with two supporters and responded better than Hearts.Sorry not acceptable.

rick witter

442 doesn't work. Walker and Nicholson play too deep. We have no pace or creativity.

I agree they play too deep when we are attacking but then when the other team is attacking us they are caught higher up the pitch leaving us terribly exposed at the back. A half decent side would have had four or five tonight it needs sorted quickly.

Same as the last 4 months of last season. Doesn't seem like any player is enjoying their football. What happened to the team that beat motherwell 6.0.

This is how I see it. The players just don't look happy, Callum and Sam were screaming at each other in the first half.

Seems like they're too scared of losing the ball to actually attack and take risks.

the big show

This is how I see it. The players just don't look happy, Callum and Sam were screaming at each other in the first half.

Seems like they're too scared of losing the ball to actually attack and take risks.

i AGREE .

442 doesn't work. Walker and Nicholson play too deep. We have no pace or creativity.

Who was the holding midfield player tonight ? I honestly have no idea. At any level of modern football you have to have player who protects the back 4 and takes the ball off them and fills the space in front of them so players can't just wander in there. How many times did the ball break on the edge of our box and fall to one of them in space ? It was shocking and it went on all night till Kitchen came on.

Nelly Terraces

I genuinely think we need a major shake up. Neilson & Levein gone. Nicholson, Paterson, Juanma, Buaben, all out - new faces, all attack minded players - in. We are just going through the motions now. It has to change.

Shooter McGavin

Going to be an incredibly long season if big improvements aren't made. If we don't improve then I would take 5th place now if you offered me it.

Nicholson was brutal tonight, as he was for the majority of last season. No longer progressing as was expected. It disappointing however Sam needs to move to another team to advance career. Hearts in general one paced, unable to break quickly. This allows opposition to get numbers behind the ball. We look like a team devoid of ideas. Tonight told me that tactically nothing much is going to change from last year. Time will tell. 

Going to be an incredibly long season if big improvements aren't made. If we don't improve then I would take 5th place now if you offered me it.

That level of performance if repeated often during the season, won't be anything like good enough for 5th.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Any adventure these players once showed has been eroded bit by bit. They look like a bunch of players whose coach has discouraged even the slightest hint of improvisation. They look fed up frankly. The older players cannae be arsed and every single youngster who has made a debut for us since 2013 has gone backwards.

Robbie Neilson

I'm going to say this now and be rightly slaughtered for it.

But not sure Neilson can take us forward. Our football is one paced and pedestrian.

Appreciate its early days but the Estonians should have won this by a couple.

I said a few weeks ago that I didn't think Neilson would see the end of the season. I am convinced now.

Agree both

Total pish. Boring predictable ineffective football.

Fast loosing patience with the management.

queensferryjambo

It was very poor.

I thought Souttar was unusually slack in defence.

Thought we had a good shout for a second penalty the ball clearly struck the defenders hand in the second half which would have made things a bit easier for the next leg.

We didn't deserve to win IMO and Infonet should really have scored a couple in the first half.

Unless we get our finger out we will struggle to progress.

Stephen Muddie

The same team played the next game but got kicked off the park, a man sent off and hit the woodwork 3 times. They never played together again. I know that's not quite what you meant, but just saying.

I've always thought we could do with a bigger pitch

I think the pitch was the same size when we tanned Motherwell 6-0.

What I can't get my head round is these are professional footballers.Last season our objective was to get third place.We got that.We got into Europe .Everyone involved with the club knew we were going to be playing ties in June.Our opponents were not going to be Tottenham or Liverpool.Homework surely should have been done about Infonet.They came to a packed Tynecastle with two supporters and responded better than Hearts.Sorry not acceptable.

Amen.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Can we swap Juanma or Sammon for their number 8?

He looked pretty decent to me.

I have not seen the stats but from my count they had more shots at goal. They certainly had the better chances. Did we create anything 2nd half? In all honesty we are a very poor footballing side, with a management team who make you wish you took up rugby and an owner who runs the club like your gran would run it.

Anyone see when Sammon in the second half, instead of jumping for the ball just kinda moved back into their defender? Holy shit we have seen this too many times with strikers. Lead feet and physical, woo hoo.

This is a genuine question:

Does anyone feel the size of our pitch restricts the way Neilson wants us to play?

Towards the tail end of last season, at Celtic Park we played very well on a bigger pitch, which gave us space and time for movement all over.

Bigger pitch would mean more space for Sam Nicholson NOT to run into.

Bigger pitch would mean more space for Sam Nicholson NOT to run into.

Nailed it.

2 wingers is pointless

2 big physical strikers is pointless

gashauskis9

I have not seen the stats but from my count they had more shots at goal. They certainly had the better chances. Did we create anything 2nd half? In all honesty we are a very poor footballing side, with a management team who make you wish you took up rugby and an owner who runs the club like your gran would run it.

Last point is Feckin ridiculous, even by your standards.

To come away with a win was the main thing - so i'm ging to consider that to be a positive.

HOWEVER............. to do it courtesy of a penalty, and an own goal whilst at home to a team from Estonia is very very poor.

I just don't buy in to the 'aye but they are half way through their season and we're still not ready yet'.

If we're not ready then that's piss poor preparation on our part.

Its been a mere 6 and a bit weeks since our last competitive game in the league and we've know pretty much since then that we'd be facing competitive football in June.

The annoying thing is, its just oh so predictable. I was going to make a comment yesterday along the lines of 'this is a match we SHOULD be winning by 4 or 5 goals but will realistically struggle to win by one' - I held back on that comment as I felt it was a bit pessimistic ahead of the game but low and behold, couldn't have been more spot on.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we went there and crashed out after losing 1-0.

Really does make you question why we put so much importance qualifying for Europe when the European adventure may only consist of a jaunt to fecking Estonia. Sorry - but if its a choice, i'd take a league cup win over an embarrassing tie against a team from Estonia.

Like many others, the condition which goes with my backing for Robbie this year is that theres a significant change in our approach to games. After match 1 it seems clear that backing might not last beyond the festival at this rate.

ford donald

I said a few weeks ago that I didn't think Neilson would see the end of the season. I am convinced now.

Said it before and often,not the man to to manage Hearts.

ford donald

Total pish but I'm willing to give them more than a game before I offer judgement.

I'm not part of the anti Neilson camp but I did express concerns towards the end of last season that he may have taken us as far as he can. At the same time though, he is a manager learning his trade. But to move us on he is going to need to take some risks and be a bit braver.

He should go and learn his trade somewhere else!

:strewth:

Mind that time we pumped Braga and Basel?

:ears:

We also won the league in '59.

August Landmesser

Apart from two kickabouts in the park at St Andrews, that was our first game of the season. Against a team 17 games into their season and second in their league. We also had a couple of new signings and a new defence to settle in. What were people expecting? We were never going to start perfectly formed and swat the oppo aside.

We won, and we can score in Tallinn. Let's just get on with the next game.

Some toy chuckers on here...

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Sooperstar

Anyone see when Sammon in the second half, instead of jumping for the ball just kinda moved back into their defender? Holy shit we have seen this too many times with strikers. Lead feet and physical, woo hoo.

Can't remember Sammin doing that. I can't remember Sammon doing anything. I do remember Juanma doing it though, actually looked behind him at the player and backed right into him rather than try to win the ball. Instant free kick.

Can't remember Sammin doing that. I can't remember Sammon doing anything. I do remember Juanma doing it though, actually looked behind him at the player and backed right into him rather than try to win the ball. Instant free kick.

The only thing of note that I can remember him doing was absolutely flattening their centre half for no discernible reason and picking up a stupid booking for it.

One of the worst debuts I can remember tbh.

:strewth:

Mind that time we pumped Braga and Basel?

:ears:

wasn't robbo in charge of both games ?

The only thing of note that I can remember him doing was absolutely flattening their centre half for no discernible reason and picking up a stupid booking for it.

One of the worst debuts I can remember tbh.

was just as bad as beneusis against hibs

DxB Hearts

I'm struggling to think of a display that annoyed me as much as last night. A lack of effort, a lack of urgency, a lack of playing style, a lack of ideas, a lack of organisation at the back, a lack of desire in the final third and players like Patterson moaning and throwing temper tantrums.

If you are playing #^$& - run harder, put more effort in and focus. Don't walk around and throw your hands in the air all day.

RN won't last until the end of the year.

Apart from two kickabouts in the park at St Andrews, that was our first game of the season. Against a team 17 games into their season and second in their league. We also had a couple of new signings and a new defence to settle in. What were people expecting? We were never going to start perfectly formed and swat the oppo aside.

We won, and we can score in Tallinn. Let's just get on with the next game.

Some toy chuckers on here...

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

That is no reason for not being able to pass the ball, jump for the ball, or for giving the opposite acres of space, and plenty time to do as they please.

Any adventure these players once showed has been eroded bit by bit. They look like a bunch of players whose coach has discouraged even the slightest hint of improvisation. They look fed up frankly. The older players cannae be arsed and every single youngster who has made a debut for us since 2013 has gone backwards.

There has been a changed look about the players attitude since the 3-1 defeat at home to Aberdeen.

Was the manager undermined in that game?

Paterson is also a changed player after the Hibs replay. What was said that night?

Whatever the problem is (& I think it is higher than Neilson), the players HAVE to put it out their heads and get on with the job.

Archived