That was total shite

Craigieboy

I'm struggling to think of a display that annoyed me as much as last night. A lack of effort, a lack of urgency, a lack of playing style, a lack of ideas, a lack of organisation at the back, a lack of desire in the final third and players like Patterson moaning and throwing temper tantrums.

If you are playing #^$& - run harder, put more effort in and focus. Don't walk around and throw your hands in the air all day.

RN won't last until the end of the year.

You can also add in Nicholson going down looking for a foul 90 % of the time he had the ball as well.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to think of a display that annoyed me as much as last night. A lack of effort, a lack of urgency, a lack of playing style, a lack of ideas, a lack of organisation at the back, a lack of desire in the final third and players like Patterson moaning and throwing temper tantrums.

If you are playing #^$& - run harder, put more effort in and focus. Don't walk around and throw your hands in the air all day.

RN won't last until the end of the year.

He?ll move on to a team like Dundee United, then Arbroath.

I can?t remember his last decent performance.

?Sorry talking about Sam.

Four faces

Right!.I don't have any coaching badges but christ!,even i can see glaring inefficiences in our set up and not just last night either.No cohesion in defence where we need one centre to be able and want to attack the ball in the air Soutar and Ozturk too similar.                                                                                                                                                   Paterson arguing with Nicholoson after one attack exposed our right side.Both thought they were right????.Two wingers not providing width or playing on their full backs.Two forwards who don't compliment one another.Two central mids who were caught upfield together exposing us when we lost possession.                                              Look,I've always backed Neilson but now i'm so frustrated with him.He should know better.I don't like this idea of coaches cutting their teeth with us.We're too big for that.By all means get in coaches with a certain philosophy but that's it.You can't develop players properly with an inexperienced boss.It's a hindrance for me.Neilson getting the bullet would only result in someone with even less experience getting the job unfortunately.

Son Of Anarchy

To come away with a win was the main thing - so i'm ging to consider that to be a positive.

HOWEVER............. to do it courtesy of a penalty, and an own goal whilst at home to a team from Estonia is very very poor.

I just don't buy in to the 'aye but they are half way through their season and we're still not ready yet'.

If we're not ready then that's piss poor preparation on our part.

Its been a mere 6 and a bit weeks since our last competitive game in the league and we've know pretty much since then that we'd be facing competitive football in June.

The annoying thing is, its just oh so predictable. I was going to make a comment yesterday along the lines of 'this is a match we SHOULD be winning by 4 or 5 goals but will realistically struggle to win by one' - I held back on that comment as I felt it was a bit pessimistic ahead of the game but low and behold, couldn't have been more spot on.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we went there and crashed out after losing 1-0.

Really does make you question why we put so much importance qualifying for Europe when the European adventure may only consist of a jaunt to fecking Estonia. Sorry - but if its a choice, i'd take a league cup win over an embarrassing tie against a team from Estonia.

Like many others, the condition which goes with my backing for Robbie this year is that theres a significant change in our approach to games. After match 1 it seems clear that backing might not last beyond the festival at this rate.

Agreed.

I actually left angry last night....after a win ffs. I've backed Robbie and stuck up for him 100% so far but can't today. Last night was shocking. Slow boring crap football. Players without a clue. Absolutely nothing has changed. I expected to go out and overwhelm the Estonians.

Nicholson needs to move on. Hes not happy and how can he be blowing out his arse after 60 mins ffs? Man of the match though ;) Sammon, deary deary me, woeful. Him and Juanma won't work. We needed a Reilly type to run at them. Anyway, today I'm not happy at all and Robbie and the players really angered me. I dread our opening game if its like that and a full season of it? No thanks. I said he's not the manager for the future but he deserved this season. If things don't change immediately then I'm not so sure.

DxB Hearts

You can also add in Nicholson going down looking for a foul 90 % of the time he had the ball as well.

Rherras' in ability to take a corner

Souttars general first half display

Ozturks lack of leadership and aimless free kicks

Pattersons entire display from start to finish and his attitude

Princes random wayward passes to nobody

Djoums random wayward passes to Infonet players

Walker doing basically nothing

Sammon doing basically nothing

Juanma not knowing the offside rules of association football

I actually think we have the makings of a very good team and the players above can compete at the very top of this league.

But last night was just oddly slow and terrible.

Took until about 70-80 minutes for the one of the first real penetrating attacks, and that was Souttar dribbling from centre back!

Up til then we got let off the hook with a pen and a scrappy goal. Woeful

Cut The Crap

Very early to judge, but it's true last night was awful. Laboured and guileless.

Only Hamilton gets pass marks for some smart stops. The rest looked like a disorganised, uninterested, petulant rabble.

Hopefully things can only improve.

Played shite but won the game 2-1

Nah.

We maybe scored one more goal than them, but we conceded an away goal and that's very costly. Infonet will be more than capable of beating us 1-0 at home and winning the tie if we put out another honker of a performance.

Played shite but won the game 2-1

Won the game by means of an own goal....... against a team from Estonia....... who have only been in existence for 14 years......... and regularly play in front of 200 people.

Its an unacceptable and embarrassing performance no matter how you look it.

Nah.

We maybe scored one more goal than them, but we conceded an away goal and that's very costly. Infonet will be more than capable of beating us 1-0 at home and winning the tie if we put out another honker of a performance.

Hopefully we will put on a better performance than last night. Last night we were disjointed, sluggish and the attitudes of some players like Paterson need sorted. Simple stuff like crossing the ball from free kicked or open play baffle me as to why professional footballers can't do it. I watched Prince pass the ball 20 yards to, well nobody other than the steward in front of me. Unbelievable we struggle with the basics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really want to give him a chance.

But, can you imagine a full season of that insipid shite?

****ing hell.

No you don't .

You are having the time of your life.

Moaning Git.

Mind you that was brutal last night.

Looks like anyone wanting to see Hearts in Europe again this season better get booked up for next week.

Look at our squad. Have we actually improved it at all? Doesn't look like it.

Serious lack of pace in the team.

Hope we can swap no.9's with Infonet.

Infonet No 9 would question the swappers sanity, he looked ambitious.

Out of Europe before the vermin. Suppose that's another accolade Neilson can add to his list alongside gifting them the Scottish Cup.

Very concerned for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night wasn't acceptable but I think it's far too early to be calling for his head.

I guess in a way this is a beast that Levein, and Neilson to a certain extent, have created as they were the ones who came out saying we need to have a similar mentality to the Old Firm i.e. not being happy losing against anyone and also not taking a win lightly against a poorer team if we've played shit.

Saying that I think it's too early to wield the axe but based on the above performances can't continue like they have done (end of last season and last night).

Son Of Anarchy

Out of Europe before the vermin. Suppose that's another accolade Neilson can add to his list alongside gifting them the Scottish Cup.

Very concerned for the season.

But we're not....yet!

Hairy Nugget

Noticed when kitchen came on he gave some instructions to souttar . Souttar looked at oz totally confused shrugged his shoulders, obviously didn't have a clue what was required!

Cut The Crap

On the plus side, 14,417 in the ground, so a good money-spinner for the club.

::troll:::'>

frankblack

I fear for us if we play as shite as this in the away leg.

I am in agreement that if we get put out then its time for Robbie to go.  He has been a complete failure in every cup competition since he took over.

The standard of football on show was unacceptable and it was like that for the last few months of the season.

julienbrellier

absolutely shocking performance. You've got to hope its just because we are a bit rusty.  That team we played was terrible and we kept giving the ball away.  Juanma and Sammon up front were as ineffective as ive ever seen for two strikers

But we're not....yet!

I should have used the term Could be out of Europe. :thumbs:

Or very likely to be out of Europe.

Jambof3tornado

Should we have brought the players back earlier or at least had the starting 11 play a whole match together?

KineticBeat

I wouldn't be worried about that performance in terms of the season. Scottish teams have struggled in Europa qualifying precisely for this reason. Aberdeen must have been just has bad as the squeezed past part-timers. 

I do worry about next week though. All of us who watched Statto's youtube vids saw that if you stop crosses into the box / defend them well then they should have been no threat. No one at Hearts seemed to get the memo. 

Get Rossi and Kitchen in for Soutar/Sammon in the next leg and actually play with some pace.

Son Of Anarchy

I should have used the term Could be out of Europe. :thumbs:

Or very likely to be out of Europe.

Yeh I'm just being flippant :( its hurting this morning feeling this deflated after a european win. Should be bouncing, but I'm not!

GorgieRules22

As poor as we were I still feel that we'll go over there and win. They knocked the ball about at times but there half way through there season so they were expected to be sharper than us.

The only danger for me next week is how we will set up, I can see us going one up front and defending our lead and that could be our downfall. Just give ourselves a dust down after last night and give them a doing in the first 30 minutes and the game will be won.

Should we have brought the players back earlier or at least had the starting 11 play a whole match together?

We had 2 players making their home debuts!!!

Apart from that it was the same team that finished last season so it's not like they don't know each other.

Unknown user

Sign of a great team play shit and win

Common misconception that - the sign of a great team is pumping other teams rotten and regularly

I'm all for letting the unsettled, unhappy players move on. However the problem is that whoever we get in to replace them will soon fall into same mediocracy under the coaching, instruction from Neilson despite what reputation they come with! We have got to get rid of this tippy tappy p*sh ASAP before fans start finding other things to do on a Saturday. 

If we lose next week the get rid of him and that gives us half a chance for the start of the season

Yeh I'm just being flippant :( its hurting this morning feeling this deflated after a european win. Should be bouncing, but I'm not!

Yep were all the same m8. People can say what they like but i think it's very arrogant and disrespectful now for any of us to think just because the teaming from Estonia or countries like that, that we should automatically be winning games. People forget how bad Scottish football is. Scotland is now in a par with many of these countries, sometimes behind. Now that's not the clubs' fault the blame lies firmly at the feet of the SFA and the likes of Doncaster and Regan and the bigot sisters., between them Scotland has stagnated for 25 years, the national team has been affected and this has filtered down to the club teams.

When I was speaking with mates last week we were all in agreement that we felt there was not the quality and depth in the squad required for Europe and the league. That nonsense statement the other week about us having the players to get us through the first rounds was either completely arrogant or very naive. I genuinely think we need another 4 players anyway, and in now more than ever convinced RN is not up to the job, AB and CL think we can mount a challenge this year ? That was the quotes and statements released over last few months. Absolute nonsense no where near challenging unless they meant challenging for a top 6 place. We need an experienced manager that can work with the younger players and knows how to set a team up tactically, yes it's fine to have young managers learning the ropes but start them in the development league and learning from the 1st team manager then have them working as an assistant to him. Someone said it earlier we are too big a club to be bringing in inexperienced managers to cut their teeth.

There also seems a problem with the players, arguing, disinterested, I mean how can some of these players be disinterested for some it was European debuts if you can't be motivated for that you'll never be motivated. Players seem scared to use their natural ability that some have, they are being stifled, why? When we played with no fear and just went for teams jugulars we destroyed them, that has stopped we have to ask why?

I hope there will be big changes and improvements very very quickly or I fear much of the good will the club has earned will be lost and once you lose it its very difficult to get it back.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Very early to judge, but it's true last night was awful. Laboured and guileless.

Only Hamilton gets pass marks for some smart stops. The rest looked like a disorganised, uninterested, petulant rabble.

Hopefully things can only improve.

2 weeks into pre-season, you would think that would be the case. Aberdeen drew both first round ties last season against very similar opposition and won their first 8 league games.

I knew these boards would be riddled with ignorance, it reeked all over Tynecastle last night and here beforehand. The opposition were not brilliant, but they were well prepared unlike any Scottish team that has played in mid July even for years. Anyone that has actually bothered to take a look at these qualifiers over the last 10 years can see Scottish teams struggle because of the circumstances of when our season ends and begins.

Was a terrible performance, only person I was impressed with was Hamilton. Not the best game to come back to Edinburgh for...

Ah well, just have to do the business in Tallinn, so hopefully I can come back to Edinburgh for round 2!

Prince Obua

Had a fair bit of optimism going in to this season. After last night's showing my enthusiasm has seriously been dampened. We were truly awful against extremely weak opposition. Hamilton got pass marks but the rest were terrible. New signings don't fill me with confidence. Hope they can prove me wrong.

2 weeks into pre-season, you would think that would be the case. Aberdeen drew both first round ties last season against very similar opposition and won their first 8 league games.

I knew these boards would be riddled with ignorance, it reeked all over Tynecastle last night and here beforehand. The opposition were not brilliant, but they were well prepared unlike any Scottish team that has played in mid July even for years. Anyone that has actually bothered to take a look at these qualifiers over the last 10 years can see Scottish teams struggle because of the circumstances of when our season ends and begins.

I would agree with this if I hadn't witnessed Feb-May 2016. Last night came after just 4 weeks off and 6 since our last game. Probably turned out a blessing that the other Tallinn team were drawn at home and we had to switch games. That apparent rustiness/lack of interest may have cost us dearly if away leg was first?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would agree with this if I hadn't witnessed Feb-May 2016. Last night came after just 4 weeks off and 6 since our last game. Probably turned out a blessing that the other Tallinn team were drawn at home and we had to switch games. That apparent rustiness/lack of interest may have cost us dearly if away leg was first?

Or maybe not in view we had to go and make the game last night.

We don't normally pass the ball out for throw ins trip over our own feet or on different pages all bar the ten minutes we got our two goals.

Human beings not robots. Like many many top racehorses the first run is often needed and we will come on for the run

Gene Parmesan

I'm not making any snap judgements on the squad or the style that we're trying to play based on that performance. It was off the mark in so many ways that its impossible to know what it is we're trying to do.

It's a black mark against the management for failing to properly prepare the players though. They were physically and mentally not ready for that game.

2 weeks into pre-season, you would think that would be the case. Aberdeen drew both first round ties last season against very similar opposition and won their first 8 league games.

I knew these boards would be riddled with ignorance, it reeked all over Tynecastle last night and here beforehand. The opposition were not brilliant, but they were well prepared unlike any Scottish team that has played in mid July even for years. Anyone that has actually bothered to take a look at these qualifiers over the last 10 years can see Scottish teams struggle because of the circumstances of when our season ends and begins.

"riddled with ignorance"

:wow:

Our team that started last season look streets ahead of this one. Cannot put it down to losing Sow. They all look pissed off or even worse - couldn't give a shit. What's going on? Maybe a few thought "give it a couple of seasons here and I'll get a big wages offer down south".

The Comedian

Our team that started last season look streets ahead of this one. Cannot put it down to losing Sow. They all look pissed off or even worse - couldn't give a shit. What's going on? Maybe a few thought "give it a couple of seasons here and I'll get a big wages offer down south".

They can't be arsed with being stifled by Neilson/Levein and are bored out their tits.

The only way I can see a strike force of Juanma and Sammon being anything other than terrible is to:

a) get lots of good quality crosses into the box.

B) teach Juanma the offside rule.

Our wingers don't put crosses in the box, both are always looking to cut inside themselves. That's fine if the full backs are overlapping and putting the crosses in. Unfortunately Rherras doesn't have a left foot, and 90% of Patersons crosses sail either into the stand or well over everyone's heads.

Or maybe not in view we had to go and make the game last night.

We don't normally pass the ball out for throw ins trip over our own feet or on different pages all bar the ten minutes we got our two goals.

Human beings not robots. Like many many top racehorses the first run is often needed and we will come on for the run

Fair enough re last night, but can you explain February - May? Why aren't the players interested? Proved they could "do it" against Aberdeen in April.

KineticBeat

We weren't great during pre-season last year either. The game v Preston was a complete snorefest 

We weren't great during pre-season last year either. The game v Preston was a complete snorefest

Yeah, but we came out the blocks flying when it mattered.

KineticBeat

Yeah, but we came out the blocks flying when it mattered.

If we were playing in Europe this time last year we would have seen a very similar performance imo.

Archived