Neilson must deliver next season

JamboJohn1874

Craigieboy

I wouldn't bank on getting any success next season.

I've been pretty bored about the prospect since he got a new deal.

We shall see.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bowmans_Boot

• Thomaso

• davemclaren

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Let's wait and see what the squads look like at kick off on 1st game of the season. I agree Rangers' current lot are nothing to worry about. But I'm certain they will have many ins/outs before then (just as most teams will). I think expecting us to finish in top 2 next season is fanciful in the extreme. Celtic will probably romp it followed by Hearts/Aberdeen/Rangers in no particular order. Let's see who we sign before the season starts before predictions. I wouldn't put any money on us finishing top 3 with our current squad.

And can people please grow up on this site? Blaming Robbie for Hibs winning the cup is ludicrous and beyond immature. Those people are no doubt the ones who think Wayne Foster is a legend for scoring 1 goal even though he was utter shit!

RustyRightPeg

Neilson must deliver next season........or JamboJohn1874 will be round to jobby in his kettle.

:laugh4:  :laugh4:  :laugh4:  :laugh4:  :laugh4:  :laugh4:

Shooter McGavin

Rangers are not "broke" and I would expect them to strenghten for next season. I expect a top 4 finish and much better cup runs.

Getintaethem

It's a bit early to make predictions about next season as we don't know what the squads will be. However it's safe to say our player budget will increase this year due to the increased prize money we have received. So it can be assumed we'll have the third or fourth largest budget in the league. That being the case then as a minimum Robbie should be looking at:

3rd or better in the league (4th with Europen qualification wouldn't be a disaster).

Reaching the semi final of both national cup competitions.

Reaching the third qualifying round of the Europa league.

Anything better than this would be a terrific achievement, anything less would be failure.

It would certainly help Neilson if the small minority of fans who are constantly on his case gave him a bit of backing and a fair chance to achieve his goals.

And Sow makes it 10

Neilson has been in charge for two seasons, winning the league and finishing a respectable 3rd and getting Europa league qualification. He has been delivering, give the guy a break !!

It's a gradual process of getting better each year.

Spot on -exactly where I am at

I've no faith in Neilson or whoever is running the shambles in that place.

They gifted Hibs the cup with shitebag tactics. ****ing gutless.

Sevco zombies have already tied up at least 3 players on pre - contracts.

I hope Robbie brings in some quality that he has actually watched in person.

Cup runs are all well and good but they very much depend on the luck of the draw. If we drew Celtic and Rangers/Aberdeen in the 3rd round and went out of both comps then should Robbie be sacked for that? I agree if we went out to teams from lower divisions then he could well be in trouble

JamboJohn1874

Let's wait and see what the squads look like at kick off on 1st game of the season. I agree Rangers' current lot are nothing to worry about. But I'm certain they will have many ins/outs before then (just as most teams will). I think expecting us to finish in top 2 next season is fanciful in the extreme. Celtic will probably romp it followed by Hearts/Aberdeen/Rangers in no particular order. Let's see who we sign before the season starts before predictions. I wouldn't put any money on us finishing top 3 with our current squad.

And can people please grow up on this site? Blaming Robbie for Hibs winning the cup is ludicrous and beyond immature. Those people are no doubt the ones who think Wayne Foster is a legend for scoring 1 goal even though he was utter shit!

I don't blame Neilson for Hibs winning the trophy, however I do blame him for the incompetence over the two legs, which allowed Hibs through.

Within 10 games we will all clearly know what kind of squad we have and what kind of mentality Neilson is employing. That's ample time to judge him.

If we have continued our 2 wins in 8 form and his anti-football away form, he simply has to go.

If he can prove himself capable of pushing the club on to some sort of silverware, most on here will give him a break, including me.

Wayne Foster was a total headless chicken and Reilly resembles him, by the way.

Edited by JamboJohn1874

Bowmans_Boot

Neilson has been in charge for two seasons, winning the league and finishing a respectable 3rd and getting Europa league qualification. He has been delivering, give the guy a break !!

It's a gradual process of getting better each year.

So what would you consider to be acceptable next season? If Rangers strengthen considerably would 4th be OK? What about the cups?

Spot on -exactly where I am at

exactly. some on this site need a whack on the head with a reality stick! Robbie gifted Hibs the cup? **** off you ****

SectionDJambo

If we are to "deliver" a trophy in response to Hibs finally winning the Scottish Cup, then it would be a welcome change to the negative comparisons,and rivalry, between 2 clubs who have underachieved massively over their history. Instead of fans of both clubs gloating over each others failures, it would be better if they were celebrating the regular successes of both of their own clubs.

Hibs still have a terrible record of winning trophies, despite yesterday, and we aren't so far in front of them.

For starters, how about we stop being so dismissive of the League Cup, as a club and support. It is well worth winning, and our most successful period included the 4 wins of it.

The Scottish Cup is in danger of going the same way, with attendances at all clubs dropping for early rounds. Not that long ago, the start of the cup was an exciting time of the season. Now we struggle to sell out Tynecastle for a game such as Aberdeen at home. Despite any excuse, like live television coverage, that was pathetic, for a support, some of whom, then want our manager sacked because we lost to Hibs during their successful cup run.

I would like the club to focus on winning a cup. Don't care which one. Going to Europe is a nice bonus but I would be happy to give this up for a cup win.

id take second in the league, group stage of Europa league, runner -up in both cups rather than a solitary cup win. Careful what you ask for.

Rangers are not "broke" and I would expect them to strenghten for next season. I expect a top 4 finish and much better cup runs.

They couldn't even fill their bench yesterday. They are struggling financially.

Sevco zombies have already tied up at least 3 players on pre - contracts.

I hope Robbie brings in some quality that he has actually watched in person.

Yes, two from Accrington Stanley who couldn't win promotion from League 2 plus a Liverpool youth player. Nothing to worry about there. They are shopping in the same shops as the rest of the teams.

kingantti1874

They gifted Hibs the cup with shitebag tactics. ******* gutless.

Losing sow just before the game and losing ozturk in th game was a massive blow.. The whole side dropped back and left to cover the abysmal oshaniwa..

MacDonald Jardine

Neilson has done a great job thus far. As part of this gradual progress, who's to say a cup isn't the number one priority next season?

Maybe because not one person representing Hearts has said it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

HillmanHearts

Robbie and Craig need to realise that certain one-off games can actually be hugely pivotal and maybe need a deviation to the long term plan in terms of srategy and approach. Selling Sow together with the low-key,one paced tippy tappy pesh in the Hibs cup games were a huge contibution to our season ending prematurely and that disgraceful shower winning the cup. So aye ! He needs to deliver. Beat the old firm at Tynie and get to a final minimum.

@VladMagic

With Rangers broke and not having European football next season, we had better not see any inferiority complex or big game bottling it from Neilson against them next season.

I personally have no more patience for all this inexperience, tinkering, bottling it, worrying about opposition or over thinking games.

Neilson contributed to Hibs ending their cup drought this week and has now increased pressure on himself to deliver something next season.

If he survives the first 10 games, I am now expecting a top 2 finish and at least one final next season. We must continue to progress as part of the 5 year plan, especially while Rangers are still money challenged.

Big game mentality and away games have been lacking with Neilson and he must step up to the plate next season.

Can I let you into a little secret? Just between me n you?

We know your thoughts on Robbie :)

After 60 years of following the Hearts through thick and thin, this demand for instant trophies gets really wearing. Give it a rest.  You are part of a very small minority  It's all part of being a Jambo..

id take second in the league, group stage of Europa league, runner -up in both cups rather than a solitary cup win. Careful what you ask for.

I genuinely find your opinion staggering.

You would forgo winning a major domestic trophy for runner up in both cups, 2nd in league etc.

Considering winning is what really matters, it's not like we have a huge haul of domestic honours do we.

Just my opinion, give me a cup over all the others you listed anytime.

After 60 years of following the Hearts through thick and thin, this demand for instant trophies gets really wearing. Give it a rest.  You are part of a very small minority  It's all part of being a Jambo..

This reads very Hibs like.... Losers mentality. No reason why we shouldn't expect a trophy every 5 years or so.

Hibs win the cup and you start posting your anti Neilson shite again. Coincidence? No chance. You a Hearts supporter? As Jim Royal would say. MY ARSE.

If he is a hibs fan then hes not much of one

Michael_Jackson

You would forgo winning a major domestic trophy for runner up in both cups, 2nd in league etc.

Considering winning is what really matters, it's not like we have a huge haul of domestic honours do we.

Jesus. Why the feck did I just pay 600 quid for season tickets if this is the mentality.

heartsdaft101

Neilson has been good so far and next season will indeed be his test season.

If we bottle it in the big games, I don't see it lasting. If we win those games, then Robbie haters will have to find someone new to hate.

upgotheheads

With Rangers broke and not having European football next season, we had better not see any inferiority complex or big game bottling it from Neilson against them next season.

I personally have no more patience for all this inexperience, tinkering, bottling it, worrying about opposition or over thinking games.

Neilson contributed to Hibs ending their cup drought this week and has now increased pressure on himself to deliver something next season.

If he survives the first 10 games, I am now expecting a top 2 finish and at least one final next season. We must continue to progress as part of the 5 year plan, especially while Rangers are still money challenged.

Big game mentality and away games have been lacking with Neilson and he must step up to the plate next season.

Sound.

I agree that he does.

Let's hope this thread doesn't get censored.

If he doesn't we're doomed.

Whilst I disagree with sacking him 10 games in if we're not 2nd or higher, it's undeniable that the pressure is on for Neilson to deliver a trophy next year.

Deary me. What a load of bollocks.

What colour's the sky on your planet?

Edited by upgotheheads

Jesus. Why the feck did I just pay 600 quid for season tickets if this is the mentality.

Eh......and your point is?

Neilson must deliver ? Really? Thanks for informing us and Robbie of that, here's me thinking too he wasn't thinking about trying to achieve as much as possible next season. Phew thank god you posted or it could've been a disaster had you not. Zzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are entitled to your opinion just like me. However a cup win, particularly the league cup, and a fourth or fifth place finish in the league would be regression for me. The scenario I prefer would generate a lot of extra cash as well as developing both squad and coaches to take us on and upwards. Just winning a cup is not a huge achievement IMO. Look who has won cups in the last few years. Ross County, St.Johnstone, ICT, Hibs. We should be better than all of them.

scotty2442

Definitely needs to be a bit more tactically astute (hibs game is a fair example).....i heard a lot of "he has his team trying to play football the right way" last season, personally dont agree, it wasn't attractive passing football (which it was the year before)....hoping the football is a little better on the eye next season

Michael_Jackson

What colours the sky on your planet?

A really valuable post. Perhaps try and contribute rather than a being so obnoxious. Hearts are underachieving and have always done so. Just because some of want that to stop does not mean we are idiots.

You are entitled to your opinion just like me. However a cup win, particularly the league cup, and a fourth or fifth place finish in the league would be regression for me. The scenario I prefer would generate a lot of extra cash as well as developing both squad and coaches to take us on and upwards. Just winning a cup is not a huge achievement IMO. Look who has won cups in the last few years. Ross County, St.Johnstone, ICT, Hibs. We should be better than all of them.

Would that be the league cup we haven't won in over 50 years!

Memories and magical moments are made winning cups, sharing the joy with fellow jambos and close family.

Finances, developing coaches and players to move on for a fee don't really get me that excited.

Winning trophys defines our history, never to be erased.

Toxteth O'Grady

I wouldn't bank on getting any success next season.

I've been pretty bored about the prospect since he got a new deal.

We shall see.

I don't think we will do badly because we will be good enough to beat the rubbish, failing in the big games will stop it from being great. Neilson has a safety first boring approach

upgotheheads

What colour's the sky on your planet?

A really valuable post. Perhaps try and contribute rather than a being so obnoxious. Hearts are underachieving and have always done so. Just because some of want that to stop does not mean we are idiots.

I'm guessing purple.

Our romp to the Championship title has raised expectations to an unrealistic level.

There is nothing wrong with being ambitious, but quite a number of fans are now demanding we win things.

We have never been a club that has constantly challenged for major honours, so why are fans now expecting that we do?

Since administration, and relegation to the Championship, we have been fantastic in our rise back to a third-place finish in the top flight. However, even though I'm happy with with our achievements, my only concern is our style of play and constant tinkering.

Robbie is still learning, but for large parts of last season (prem) I felt he was beginning to confuse himself and the players with trying to be to tactical. We have become far too negative in our approach and you can see the players have no clue what they're meant to be doing, resorting to just hoofing aimless balls out the park.

Hopefully we get the recruitment right this summer, because we must improve drastically on performances or we may well struggle next season.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm fully behind Neilson but could do with reaching the league cup final or Scottish semi.

He's improved us as has been the norm in his 2 years managing but these last 2/3 months have been pretty boring focusing on wanting hibs to lose instead of what we we're doing. Also I miss days at Hampden.

Independence

Oh no not this nonsense again from so called fans with very short memories.

To an extent I agree.

This new regime has started off on fire and as far as I'm concerned this season has been a success and has set us up on a platform to strike higher.

Next season has to be about the silver and league position higher or the same as we are now. We cannot be seen to go backwards.

I'd accept a minimum of 4th if it also delivered a trophy. I'd like to see us bag a league cup because that's the one which has eluded us for a long time now.

However if we aren't in the mix for either cup and there are no other distractions I hope we are in the mix for the title. If we are in 3rd but only a few points away from the top come the end then fair enough but I want to see a proper challenge that is sustained.

A lot of people are calling it unrealistic but we are meant to be the club who are changing the whole system to match how the worlds best go about their business and show the backwards world of scottish football the way forward. It's time for these triple sessions and no days off to pay off.

MacDonald Jardine

Neilson must deliver ? Really? Thanks for informing us and Robbie of that, here's me thinking too he wasn't thinking about trying to achieve as much as possible next season. Phew thank god you posted or it could've been a disaster had you not. Zzzzzzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair our performances this season don't suggest we're trying to achieve as much as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Would that be the league cup we haven't won in over 50 years!

Memories and magical moments are made winning cups, sharing the joy with fellow jambos and close family.

Finances, developing coaches and players to move on for a fee don't really get me that excited.

Winning trophys defines our history, never to be erased.

Fair enough. We disagree. That's life. I wasn't meaning developing coaches and players to move them on. I meant developing so that the following year we win things eg the league, not cups. And to be honest if we never win the league cup again I wouldn't be that bothered. It's a second grade event where the top teams don't play their strongest teams until the final. This years league cup has been organised as a bunch of pre-season warm-up games.

the big show

To an extent I agree.

This new regime has started off on fire and as far as I'm concerned this season has been a success and has set us up on a platform to strike higher.

Next season has to be about the silver and league position higher or the same as we are now. We cannot be seen to go backwards.

I'd accept a minimum of 4th if it also delivered a trophy. I'd like to see us bag a league cup because that's the one which has eluded us for a long time now.

However if we aren't in the mix for either cup and there are no other distractions I hope we are in the mix for the title. If we are in 3rd but only a few points away from the top come the end then fair enough but I want to see a proper challenge that is sustained.

A lot of people are calling it unrealistic but we are meant to be the club who are changing the whole system to match how the worlds best go about their business and show the backwards world of scottish football the way forward. It's time for these triple sessions and no days off to pay off.

I agree with your assessment but this transfer window could really tell how serious we are going to be able to challenge as we need to strengthen in the right Areas . management says quality over quantity i really hope so .

Neilson will be under a microscope next season and I really hope he realises that.

The tinkering has to stop and I mean stop now. Over the summer he needs to decide on the type and style of football he wants us to play and stick with it. This different formations and different team selections every week is doing no one any good.

Also let's try and kill teams off this season. Parking the bus when we go 1-0 up to Partick Thistle at home is utter rubbish.

Edited by Lambo85

Seymour M Hersh

Here we go again.

I know every ****ing week that trumpet starts some sort of anti Neilson thread. 

Malinga the Swinga

They gifted Hibs the cup with shitebag tactics. ******* gutless.

Just another clueless comment from someone who knows nothing about football. Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Hibs win the cup and you start posting your anti Neilson shite again. Coincidence? No chance. You a Hearts supporter? As Jim Royal would say. MY ARSE.

Ooh. Ooh. He's not agreeing all is great. Hibs fan everybody!!!

Let the guy have his own HEARTS opinion. Debate the point if you want. But this tinfoil hat obsession on here of calling everybody a Hibs fan is weird.