Neilsons new long term contract

Craigieboy

It was the bye Robbie that I meant. Attention seeking drivel from someone trying to act so smart but ending up looking like a little spoiled child.

As ludicrous as it was, the comment was not as bad as the actual quote from Robbie. What Robbie said was complete drivel, and quite insulting.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boabyarsebiscuit

It was the bye Robbie that I meant. Attention seeking drivel from someone trying to act so smart but ending up looking like a little spoiled child.

You're the one acting like a spoilt child because others don't think like you. Resorting to abuse.

I've explained why I don't rate Neilson (note no "h") and it pretty much mirrors a conversation I had in real life with a poster on here (think Adidas Tango Ball) on a number 26 on the way home from our Easter Road defeat back end of last season. But it's too dangerous to have an opinion against Robbie on here, otherwise clever dudes like you call you names. So I don't usually bother.

I haven't spell checked this as I didn't want to deprive you of a semi correcting my spelling / grammar. Or is that my carer's spelling / grammar?

Anyway Neilson is pish, and we will continually fail in big matches as long as he is in charge. In my humble opinion, and based on past performance. Let's hope Jon Daly is better (or whatever Levein man takes over eventually).

Captain Sausage

These posts are brilliant once the seethe has dissipated. Some people seriously need to have a word.

His win rate is only bettered by Burley who's budget was x10 of Robbies. OK so he did play lots of games in the championship but FFS, who do we think we are? Some folk have short memories, he is a young guy with loads to learn and will be a great Manager in the future, one we will feel lucky to have had.

He needs to ramp it up for derbies, but no need for all this pant wetting sheeeeeite!

I agree .

This thread is stuffed with utter drivel.

Robbie is an inexperienced manager who is making mistakes. That's always going to happen. All managers get it wrong, sometimes it's a quick fix sometimes it takes longer.

We also have an inexperienced squad who are also going to make mistakes. Not just young but also new to the country and all the adjustments that come with it.

It is all fair to analyse a game and pick apart all the bits that we feel went wrong and who should take responsibility for such failings.

That said to suggest Robbie and by extension Levein are not the the right people to take us forward I think is wrong.

Last season we went unbeaten for well over half a season and romped the championship with the 3rd largest budget and a new team.

This season we are quite comfortably 3rd in the league. This season we again sit 3rd in the budget stakes behind Aberdeen and Celtic. We also have a vastly inexperienced squad compared to both those 2 teams. Up until a few weeks ago we have been hanging right up there with them. It's hardly a surprise we have fallen away a bit. Realistically we are still a bit behind them for a number of reasons but unlike Aberdeen who have about hit their limit I think we have a lot of room to grow.

Dress it up any way you like and put any sort of spin on it you want. After romping the championship last season and now sitting pretty in 3rd this season Robbie has been a success as hearts manager. He should be given time to build on this league position next season. If we fall away then maybe a decision needs to be made but right now it's ****ing magic being a jambo and much of that is thanks to the good work of Robbie and Levein.

Any talks should be put on hold until the end of the season imo

Close thread. There is still a lot to play for and no assessment of the season as a whole ca be made at this stage. Any talks at this stage are simply a distraction and unnecessary.

scott herbertson

Robbie is an inexperienced manager who is making mistakes. That's always going to happen. All managers get it wrong, sometimes it's a quick fix sometimes it takes longer.

We also have an inexperienced squad who are also going to make mistakes. Not just young but also new to the country and all the adjustments that come with it.

It is all fair to analyse a game and pick apart all the bits that we feel went wrong and who should take responsibility for such failings.

That said to suggest Robbie and by extension Levein are not the the right people to take us forward I think is wrong.

Last season we went unbeaten for well over half a season and romped the championship with the 3rd largest budget and a new team.

This season we are quite comfortably 3rd in the league. This season we again sit 3rd in the budget stakes behind Aberdeen and Celtic. We also have a vastly inexperienced squad compared to both those 2 teams. Up until a few weeks ago we have been hanging right up there with them. It's hardly a surprise we have fallen away a bit. Realistically we are still a bit behind them for a number of reasons but unlike Aberdeen who have about hit their limit I think we have a lot of room to grow.

Dress it up any way you like and put any sort of spin on it you want. After romping the championship last season and now sitting pretty in 3rd this season Robbie has been a success as hearts manager. He should be given time to build on this league position next season. If we fall away then maybe a decision needs to be made but right now it's ******* magic being a jambo and much of that is thanks to the good work of Robbie and Levein.

Excellent post. I would add that we have had a bad run of injuries over the last few months - I believe we will improve again from after tomorrow night and finish the season on a  high. Talk of panic measures against the manager are difficult to understand in the circumstances.

Robbie Neilson

Robbie is an inexperienced manager who is making mistakes

I stopped reading here

Folk are not frustrated because he makes mistakes, it because he's not learning from them

Same again and again and again

boabyarsebiscuit

I stopped reading here

Folk are not frustrated because he makes mistakes, it because he's not learning from them

This. It was obvious last season with the performances against Hibs and Rangers.

Thankfully the SPFL is so pish that playing the likes of Partick is just the same as playing Raith Rovers. But we almost always come up short against Celtic and Aberdeen, and this is the shittest Celtic team since Stubbs and Mowbray played for them.

Robbie apologists - explain why we are so often utter shite in big games. Time after time after time. Sunday was a disgrace, but sadly a predictable disgrace.

Gordon Ramsay

I stopped reading here

Nail on head.

This. It was obvious last season with the performances against Hibs and Rangers.

Thankfully the SPFL is so pish that playing the likes of Partick is just the same as playing Raith Rovers. But we almost always come up short against Celtic and Aberdeen, and this is the shittest Celtic team since Stubbs and Mowbray played for them.

Robbie apologists - explain why we are so often utter shite in big games. Time after time after time. Sunday was a disgrace, but sadly a predictable disgrace.

We have been miles better against Aberdeen and Celtic in recent games so to say an improvement hasn't been made is totally incorrect.

We had hibs beat. Had all things stayed the same from kick off it was a done deal. Sadly our entire midfield was injured and we had lost 2 defenders in Rossi and Ozturk that resulted in our hand being forced to play a teenage centre half and an abysmal left back. It went hibs way in the end, football is like that.

We have also been much better against Aberdeen and Celtic in the most recent games. We gave aberdeen hell and we matched celtic punch for punch and but for Gordon having a world class moment we'd probably have won.

Things have improved and most of our recent failings outside of the hibs game have stemmed from a discipline problem that I am quite sure we are working hard to address.

Robbie Neilson

We had hibs beat. Had all things stayed the same from kick off it was a done deal. Sadly our entire midfield was injured and we had lost 2 defenders in Rossi and Ozturk that resulted in our hand being forced to play a teenage centre half and an abysmal left back. It went hibs way in the end, football is like that.

We have also been much better against Aberdeen and Celtic in the most recent games. We gave aberdeen hell and we matched celtic punch for punch and but for Gordon having a world class moment we'd probably have won.

Things have improved and most of our recent failings outside of the hibs game have stemmed from a discipline problem that I am quite sure we are working hard to address.

Why didnt he bring on Souttar at CB for Ozturk and keep Muggy McGhee at LB

Walker for Djoum :cornette:

Bungalow Bill

Fair enough. I was only saying your example was simplistic, which you have confirmed.

I think things will be more complicated and less hands on than electing FoH board members with manifestos for the direction of the club.

But until we see the governance arrangements (aaaargghh there goes that old nitpicker again) none of us really know.

No bother. In all seriousness though, we need to know what the setup is going to be and how it's going to be run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote a post on another thread about the subs.

Basically it centred around sending King and Gomis on loan. Cowie wasn't fit to play that game and King should have been the one to come on for Buaben.

When Djoum was injured Gomis was a perfect replacement.

I can understand the Souttar one. He hasn't got any understanding built up with our other defenders. It does make more sense to go with the players that have had time to gel when it comes to defence. Oshiniwa actually made a couple of decent interceptions but was still shite. McGhee takes the blame for the first though.

If I had been manager that day with the subs he had at his disposal. I would have gone.

Reilly out to the right and Juanma on up top with Buaben off. That keeps my options open for Cowie and Walker later in the game because neither were fully fit. I can also sub Reilly for Walker or Zanatta if it doesn't work out. I also add the physical albeit risky presence of Juanma up front to hold the ball up and get bodies up to support.

Ozturk injured I would have probably done the same as Robbie.

Djoum going off I have Cowie fresh enough to stiffen the midfield defensively and help see the game out. Not Walker who offers nothing in a midfield battle in the gap between defence and midfield.

Would it have changed outcome? Impossible to know. Just how I seen it with what we had at our disposal.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It boils down to this.

You have fans that aren't happy unless we're out attacking the whole match and pressing the opposition. Neilson doesn't fit into that description so gets crucified for a few errors of judgment.

People don't see a problem when you're playing the Scottish way. I'm just glad it's Levein in charge. Neilson will only leave when he's been offered a job in England and that will be a fact.

I've bookmarked this thread and will bring it up next year.

I stopped reading here

CORRECT

Decent read brining a bit perspective to all the recent debate about that Draw and Robbies achievements. Depending on the outcome tomorrow it could all kick off again.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/joel-sked-a-defence-of-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-1-4030850

I stopped reading this drivel when it got to the part where it said Robbie Neilson has achieved more than any Hearts manager in the last 10 years.

I must have missed his cup wins, his semi final appearances, his qualification for the champions league, his qualification for European football of any kind in fact, his second place in the SPL and his utter thrashings handed out to the Hibs.

Suffice to say that tomorrow is a MASSIVE night for Robbie Neilson.

I stopped reading this drivel when it got to the part where it said Robbie Neilson has achieved more than any Hearts manager in the last 10 years.

I must have missed his cup wins, his semi final appearances, his qualification for the champions league, his qualification for European football of any kind in fact, his second place in the SPL and his utter thrashings handed out to the Hibs.

He has IMO given his relative resources and/or inexperience compared with every other manager. Imagine what he could have done with the millions spent on the team over the last 10 years. No other manager has exceeded expectations and beaten the targets set for him the way he has.

Who achieved qualification for champs league? Burley, Rix or Valdas?

Sergio achieved more I'd say although he was worse in league and you'll recall we only just scraped through versus st Johnstone and st Mirren took us to a replay as well. So as it stands Robbie is doing as well as if not better than Sergio in his season, subject to us staying in the cup....

TheMightyShed

I suspect the anti Robbie posts are hobo infiltrators ... anyone in their right mind supporting the JTs have to be over the moon with our post administration progress and we'll only get better - so will Robbie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.T.F.Robertson

Tomorrow will not define his time at Hearts, the plan is a longer term than that. As pleasant as it is, it is not only about beating them.

PERSPECTIVE! (you started it)

Thankfully Robbie's contract negotiations won't be conducted by knee jerking, schizo's who fly from one extreme to the next depending on what the outcome of one game is.

Regardless of tomorrow's result, he'll be here for a while yet, he'll leave Hearts on his terms and when he does go, there won't be many, if any, who'll be glad to see the back of him.

Be careful what you wish for.

Different Class

Thankfully Robbie's contract negotiations won't be conducted by knee jerking, schizo's who fly from one extreme to the next depending on what the outcome of one game is.

Regardless of tomorrow's result, he'll be here for a while yet, he'll leave Hearts on his terms and when he does go, there won't be many, if any, who'll be glad to see the back of him.

Be careful what you wish for.

Bang on.

As a club we don't need to compromise when it comes to players or the manager. With inexperienced players you can give them a rest if they go off form. You can't do that with a manager.

It's all about results and at a club like Hearts now that we are on a strong financial footing we don't need to put up with a rookie manager making mistakes. In normal circumstances RN would not have got a sniff of the Hearts job. We shouldn't lower our expectations because of his inexperience. If we finish in the top 3 he deserves more time. If we finish outside the top 6 he should be cut.

Who achieved qualification for champs league? Burley, Rix or Valdas?

Sergio achieved more I'd say although he was worse in league and you'll recall we only just scraped through versus st Johnstone and st Mirren took us to a replay as well. So as it stands Robbie is doing as well as if not better than Sergio in his season, subject to us staying in the cup....

Subject to us winning the cup actually. Like Sergio did.

And it was Valdas who won the cup and qualified for the Champions league, since he was the manager when those were confirmed.

As a club we don't need to compromise when it comes to players or the manager. With inexperienced players you can give them a rest if they go off form. You can't do that with a manager.

It's all about results and at a club like Hearts now that we are on a strong financial footing we don't need to put up with a rookie manager making mistakes. In normal circumstances RN would not have got a sniff of the Hearts job. We shouldn't lower our expectations because of his inexperience. If we finish in the top 3 he deserves more time. If we finish outside the top 6 he should be cut.

Says the man who'd still have Gary Locke in charge. (Clearly a relative of Gary's)

Couldn't make it up!

PS. Top three is nailed on. I still fancy the runners up position.

That's too far mate. Top 3 is a stick on now and its a pretty good achievement for year 2. He'll be here next season at least no matter what happens tonight. He'll be slaughtered if we don't win tonight, quite rightly IMO because he blew the first game. I wouldn't contract him beyond Summer 2017 at this stage, but he'll definitely be here next season, quite rightly.

Jambof3tornado

Not learning from his mistakes. If he cannot do that then he cannot develop further and take us forward.

3rd place finish will save him this season.

Archived