Gamesmanship

Scotland

Anyone else a little disappointed with the quite blatant feigning of injuries from Hearts players yesterday? It seemed to have come from Neilson passing on a message to Alexander. I don't think we should have resorted to those tactics, I understand it was to buy time to get Rossi back on, but it doesn't sit right with me. That brings up another point, how must it feel to be Jordan McGhee to be a perfectly capable replacement sitting ready to go on and then instead to see Hearts wasting nearly 10 minutes trying to patch up an injured player who wasn't playing anything above average.

Not the biggest issue from yesterday however not the tactics I want to see Hearts employing again

Notorious BIG

What i hate thats happening all the time now in our league is just sly kicking the ball away or holding onto the ball pish, I understand sometimes it lets you get back and re group but 90% of its just amateur sunday league patter

queensferryjambo

I cannot say it sat well with me either.

The ref did add time on at the end to be fair.

Although I thought Rossi was having a good game yesterday unlike Augustyn who was poor IMO.

With due respect to the OP, unfortunately "gamesmanship" is part & parcel of professional football these days. 

There is no point HMFC stand back & be "gentlemen", as we would be out on a limb with all other teams.

It was obvious that Neil was following instructions & at the time it was understandable.

The most irritating piece of "gamesmanship" in the game at present is when the ball is kicked out of play to allow an "injured" player to get attention from the physio. From an attacking position 20/30 yards from goal, it is usual practice for the ball to be returned to the goaie!! Let's get back to the age old & correct method of a competitive drop ball in the appropriate area of the park.

In professional sport it seems to be ok to use every underhand method there is to win games sad but thats the way it is .with golf and snooker the only exceptions.

Jambo 4 Ever

In professional sport it seems to be ok to use every underhand method there is to win games sad but thats the way it is .with golf and snooker the only exceptions.

And rugby?

heartsfc_fan

Don't see an issue with it. Killie players were going down with ease all over the place yesterday.

OP stuck in the fifties!

And why the **** would you want to replace our best defender when he's perfectly capable to continue?

Job well done by Alexander.

I would like to question though why Nicholson was more interested in attending to a Kilmarnock player (who it was clear did not have a serious injury) who was off the park instead of taking a quick throw in and taking advantage of them only having 10men, that summed up our efforts in 2nd half.

Jambof3tornado

The time alexander wasted was nothing compared to hamill going down holding his head only to get right up when the physio came on.

Walter Bishop

Anyone else a little disappointed with the quite blatant feigning of injuries from Hearts players yesterday? It seemed to have come from Neilson passing on a message to Alexander. I don't think we should have resorted to those tactics, I understand it was to buy time to get Rossi back on, but it doesn't sit right with me. That brings up another point, how must it feel to be Jordan McGhee to be a perfectly capable replacement sitting ready to go on and then instead to see Hearts wasting nearly 10 minutes trying to patch up an injured player who wasn't playing anything above average.

Not the biggest issue from yesterday however not the tactics I want to see Hearts employing again

6279882.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL

The acting at Tynecastle is far better than anything at the pictures just now and was right to do to get Rossi back asap I have no issues with it, the ref added on time.

Seymour M Hersh

As every team we play uses gamemanship against us I see no reason we should not reply in kind. Or do some people (pans) think we should bend over and take it dry from opponents. 

As every team we play uses gamemanship against us I see no reason we should not reply in kind. Or do some people (pans) think we should bend over and take it dry from opponents.

You are trying too hard Seymour. Two wrongs dont make a right. Im big enough to criticise when I feel we are doing wrong. I suppose some folk think whatever Hearts do is OK. This side of the game is becoming 'normal' because some folk accept it but to me, its an embarrassment pretending to be injured when blatantly, you are not. But heho, take it dry or whatever.

mahgrassyshoes

You are trying too hard Seymour. Two wrongs dont make a right. Im big enough to criticise when I feel we are doing wrong. I suppose some folk think whatever Hearts do is OK. This side of the game is becoming 'normal' because some folk accept it but to me, its an embarrassment pretending to be injured when blatantly, you are not. But heho, take it dry or whatever.

What is worse, feigning injury to allow a team mate time to get treatment or using terms that are derogatory to gay people on the Internet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is worse, feigning injury to allow a team mate time to get treatment or using terms that are derogatory to gay people on the Internet?

Eh, read the post I was answering chief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stirlingshirejambo

Quite happy

Juanma did it too next time rossi went off

Rossi was excellent. Was right to try keep him on instead of McGhee

Rugby, bowls and hockey as well as snooker and golf. 

Football has been allowed to become the most dishonest sport there is.

Diving to win fks and penalties, I don't like.

Having our goalkeeper feign a strain so our best defender can have stitches is fine by me.

Especially when the injury was sustained in a clash where the opposition player then tried to get the ref to take action against Rossi.

Yesterday had more stops in play than any game I can remember. I can't remember being that pissed off with refereeing decisions in the championship as much as yesterday. Is the refereeing that bad in the top flight?

Oshaniwa annoyed me near the end. He went down poleaxed when we were attacking. Was he time wasting for a draw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

King Of The Cat Cafe

Any player who claims a head injury so bad the physio needs to come on should have to leave the pitch for treatment. And stay off for five minutes. After all, head injuries can be so serious...

Dalstonjambo

Rugby, bowls and hockey as well as snooker and golf.

Football has been allowed to become the most dishonest sport there is.

Rugby's blood capsules was one of the worst elements of gamesmanship you'll see. Far more premidated and downright cheating than a few players staying down for longer

Rugby's blood capsules was one of the worst elements of gamesmanship you'll see. Far more premidated and downright cheating than a few players staying down for longer

Plenty gouging of eyes, too

Jambo 4 Ever

That was a one off though.

Almost every football match has cheating in it

Rugby likes to portray itself as an honourable game and its media and fans are forever looking down on football. The truth is it's rife with gamesmanship and underhand tactics, plus you're almost guaranteed a punch up in every other match. As Jim Royle would say - 'Honourable my arse!'

Jambof3tornado

Oshaniwa annoyed me near the end. He went down poleaxed when we were attacking. Was he time wasting for a draw?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alexander trying to drag him to his feet amused me.

FarmerTweedy

Plenty gouging of eyes, too

It wasn't unheard of for two players of one team to pick up one of the opposition and drop them to the ground on their head, basically trying to break their neck. I believe this is seriously clamped down on these days though.

Edit: Spear tackle is the term for this.

FarmerTweedy

You could say the difference between football and rugby is that footballers will pretend to have been injured by an opponent to gain an unfair advantage, whereas rugby players will deliberately try to injure an opponent to gain an advantage. A lot of people, for some strange reason, find the latter to be far preferable conduct to the former.

After watching Killie players falling down and winning free kicks for 90 minutes, the OP complains about Hearts "gamesmanship"?????   :stunned:

Archived