Fighting on macleod st

His name is

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did wonder what the over the top police presence was up town. Never seen any demos just loads of police vans.

SDL rally I believe nowt to do with the trouble before the game.

3fingersreid

The game at Rugby Park at the end of 81/82 was a bit naughty.

aye that was an interesting day :)

I'm sure there's footage of the police chasing a Hearts fan back into the Hearts support but not receiving too much help apprehending the guy funnily enough ;)

hearts_crazy

Walked through it on my way to the game.  No idea what it was about, didn't even stop to look, was more interested in getting to the turnstyles, what with being an adult and all.

Kilmarnock fans in desperate attempt attempt to be relevant again?

"No one likes us, we don't care" aye?

Actually no, sorry guys, that should be: "No one cares about us, we don't like it"

What is it with this club recently? Are they trying to develop some sort of rivalry with Hearts? I don't know anyone who really gives a flying chuff about Killie either way.

exactly this. An irrelevance.

N Lincs Jambo

The game at Rugby Park at the end of 81/82 was a bit naughty.

Par for the course back in those days.....

Er, no they're not. And haven't been for a couple of years.

At a public event with over 16000 people there will be a police presance. Certainly outside the ground. Numbers inside would depend on the home to away fan ratio and potential for trouble I would imagine.

I arrived late for the game, at about 15:05. When I passed the way into the away end the police and stewards had shut the gate and there were a bunch of west coast schemies waving tickets and demanding to be let in.

After the game, there were a lot more police around than usual going towards Russell Road, and a lot around the prison officers club.

duckandcover

The Kilmarnock fans were nothing less than bullies who attacked innocent Hearts fans. Unfortunately because a few Hearts fan retaliated they will now probably end up getting knocks at the door and arrested.

the Hearts way

I don't think there is police at many games anymore, only cat A games I think.

I see cops all the time in the streets before games and after games.   Clubs are only responsible for and pay for cops inside the ground.    Those outside the ground are obligated to be there.

Walked through it on my way to the game. No idea what it was about, didn't even stop to look, was more interested in getting to the turnstyles, what with being an adult and all.

My intention also but not walking by an old man and a dad with his young son being assaulted.

The Kilmarnock fans were nothing less than bullies who attacked innocent Hearts fans. Unfortunately because a few Hearts fan retaliated they will now probably end up getting knocks at the door and arrested.

Hope that doesn't happen.

Bit paranoid now

See Farins post #62 the police are looking for witnesses. Some posters were present when it kickoff so any info given to the police will be helpful in getting the welts lifted.

the Hearts way

Bit paranoid now

I wouldn't worry at all.   Aside from the fact that Police Scotland are entirely incompetent, you have a moral and probably a legal obligation to assist if an old guy and his kid are subjected to an attack.

duckandcover

Bit paranoid now

Hopefully not mate. End of the day cctv will show them coming down the road challenging others to fight and some low life hitting a guy with his son. Anyone else who got involved was merely acting in self defence.

the Hearts way

Hopefully not mate. End of the day cctv will show them coming down the road challenging others to fight and some low life hitting a guy with his son. Anyone else who got involved was merely acting in self defence.

Sounds like they feel confident that they can take absolute liberties then.    I doubt they would do the same at many grounds in the UK.

Stupidest comment on this forum yet.

Grown men attacking strangers in the street. Other grown men leaving their children to get involved.

Where else would you get that?

duckandcover

Grown men attacking strangers in the street. Other grown men leaving their children to get involved.

So you'd be quite comfortable doing nothing if you saw a guy with his kid being attacked in the street for absolutely no reason?

the Hearts way

It?s probably a stretch to call it a ?mass brawl? by the sounds of it.   It apparently lasted 5mins.   It mainly seems to have been folks throwing cones.  No one seems to have gotten hurt thank goodness.    Still at a bit of a loss as to where the cops were.

So you'd be quite comfortable doing nothing if you saw a guy with his kid being attacked in the street for absolutely no reason?

I don't have kids.

And that justifies the poor treatment of every supporter? Seriously?

The way football supporters are unfairly treated in comparison with other similar gatherings is a disgrace, and you are here trying to justify it, because of a tiny minority of 20 guys, ridiculous.

And that justifies the poor treatment of every supporter? Seriously?

The way football supporters are unfairly treated in comparison with other similar gatherings is a disgrace, and you are here trying to justify it, because of a tiny minority of 20 guys, ridiculous.

Football fans are treated unfairly a lot of the time but plenty of them are also violent, racist, sectarian and homophobic a lot of the time.

It's hardly a one off. I've seen it plenty of times.

jack D and coke

I heard they comically decked one of their own supporters on ardmillan street. Lad I know picked the poor guy up [emoji1]

Rudolf's Mate

Any father seeing others parents with children being attacked would find it very, very difficult to stand back and do nothing. Something you wouldn't understand seeing as you've admitted you have no kids.

Ron Burgundy

It?s probably a stretch to call it a ?mass brawl? by the sounds of it.   It apparently lasted 5mins.   It mainly seems to have been folks throwing cones.  No one seems to have gotten hurt thank goodness.    Still at a bit of a loss as to where the cops were.

You're lucky if it was two minutes at most.

Any father seeing others parents with children being attacked would find it very, very difficult to stand back and do nothing. Something you wouldn't understand seeing as you've admitted you have no kids.

That's irrelevant. The point is that random violence is far more likely to happen at a football match than any other public event and football fans are treated accordingly.

The Real Maroonblood

Seems like they went out looking for trouble. Hopefully they found it and got a proper pasting!

Grow up.

Rudolf's Mate

Grow up.

Why for hoping they got a pasting? Too ****ing right I do and I'm not the only one who has said as much but I don't see you pulling them up!

They don't have CCTV there so I wouldnt worry. The hearts fans that got involved were defending their own, so hats off to them.

The Real Maroonblood

Why for hoping they got a pasting? Too ******* right I do and I'm not the only one who has said as much but I don't see you pulling them up!

Your acting like a ned advocating violence.

Why for hoping they got a pasting? Too ******* right I do and I'm not the only one who has said as much but I don't see you pulling them up!

I agree with you entirely.

duckandcover

They don't have CCTV there so I wouldnt worry. The hearts fans that got involved were defending their own, so hats off to them.

Exactly. They do have cctv there though, the police stopped me after the game and had me looking into the cctv for the operators to try and identify me from what happened before the game, told them I was in no way involved and they were choking to lift me, eventually they let me go.

Rudolf's Mate

Your acting like a ned advocating violence.

Can I ask. You're walking along Gorgie Rd and Guys start indiscriminately battering people with kids, what do you do?

Exactly. They do have cctv there though, the police stopped me after the game and had me looking into the cctv for the operators to try and identify me from what happened before the game, told them I was in no way involved and they were choking to lift me, eventually they let me go.

My mistake then, where is it?

As said, the guys that got involved were purely protecting others. Nothing to worry about, would have been a liberty if everyone just let them get on with it. Respect to them all.

duckandcover

My mistake then, where is it?

There's one at the top of McLeod Street just over from the Tynie Arms and also one at the entrance of the away end at McLeod Street.

Not sure how random the attacks were on the Hearts fans as I walked straight through the middle of it on my way into the ground. One of the guys I presume was a Killie fan even stopped his charge up the road to let me pass - then continued to leg it up the road and got involved. Also saw an older Hearts fan leaving his greeting laddie to see if he "needed" to be involved. 

A shower of welts on both sides.

JudyJudyJudy

Not sure how random the attacks were on the Hearts fans as I walked straight through the middle of it on my way into the ground. One of the guys I presume was a Killie fan even stopped his charge up the road to let me pass - then continued to leg it up the road and got involved. Also saw an older Hearts fan leaving his greeting laddie to see if he "needed" to be involved. 

A shower of welts on both sides.

Shame on any of these guys fighting in front of their own kids . Disgusting

Hilary Briss

If its the fan I saw........think he lost his cool when some runt whacked him when he was walking with his laddie down McLeod Street minding his own business.

Make no mistake.........these wee arseholes from Killie caused all that then some Hearts lads saw enough and emptied them, which was just as well as there was no police and these scumbags were hitting innocent fans. 

At a public event with over 16000 people there will be a police presance. Certainly outside the ground. Numbers inside would depend on the home to away fan ratio and potential for trouble I would imagine.

There are no police at Hearts games this season. Or last. That means no police either inside or outside the ground.

A lot of clubs do this now, saves them money.

The only exception are when Celtic or Aberdeen come to Tynie. Or if Hearts got Rangers or Hibs in the cup.

The police at Tynie on Saturday would have been cops working local stations (or maybe detailed for the SDL march) who were called because of the fighting. They weren't there for the football.

Archived