Beaton

Rick Grimes

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blew his whistle every 2 mins, completely killed the game. The linesman were laughable. Not biased, although they must have had 20 free kicks before our first, just bad refereeing.

Reilly isn't good enough for Hearts. Is King injured? Buaben's passing was horrendous.

We should have kept Jamie Mac, he is a better goal keeper than Alexander. His attempt to save the goal was ridiculous, dived but didn't go anywhere. Jamie Mac kept them in it.

Both the ref and Killie players did everything they could to disrupt Hearts and it worked a treat.

Btw, what was the Oshiniwa show all about? Rolling about the box when we were attacking, even Alexander was trying to get him up.

Feels like we lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain America

Did I miss Killies second goal?

Haha

No, felt like a loss as we were in control for so much of game but I meant to type didn't win.

Has this muppet really worked his way through the levels?

I wouldn't let him ref a game of subbuteo.

It's like he first heard of football on Friday night, read a book about it ,then got to referee the game.

Absolute rocket of a referee with no clue about the nature of the game. He's the sort that ruins football.

He lost total control of the game that it got to the stage later on in the match that he wasn't giving free kicks for actual, proper fouls in both teams cases.

Welt.

the guy's totaly inept, not fit for purpose and I suspect he was actualy enjoying winding up the Hearts fans, he was smirking in to the Wheatfield at the games end.

Did I miss Killies second goal?

Wouldn't surprise me if he gave them a penalty at ten past five because the showers weren't hot enough.

After booking Juanma he ran up to Gomis and screamed I'll send him of next time. Not sure throwing the ball away deems it necessary to have a chat with our captain and threaten to send a player off

Seymour M Hersh

After booking Juanma he ran up to Gomis and screamed I'll send him of next time. Not sure throwing the ball away deems it necessary to have a chat with our captain and threaten to send a player off

Juanma didn't throw the ball away though. He bounced it fairly hard on the turf and caught it again. As disgusting a piece of unsportsmanlike conduct as you'll ever see imo. Unless you think that Mcgennis (sic) diving for a foul and the ref knowing it and not booking him for simulation is worse. 

Juanma didn't throw the ball away though. He bounced it fairly hard on the turf and caught it again. As disgusting a piece of unsportsmanlike conduct as you'll ever see imo. Unless you think that Mcgennis (sic) diving for a foul and the ref knowing it and not booking him for simulation is worse.

Totally agree. He had smiled at him and shrugged his shoulders after he dived. Clearly trying to temp Robbie to have have another pop. Levein needs to say something as I have never experienced a game like that! 5 times in the first 10 mins he's pointed to his badge telling Hearts players he was the ref yet allowed Boyd to ref when he came on the park.

The Apprentice

In the ref thread earlier on in the week someone pointed out Beaton was one of those 'look at me' refs. The way he sprints over to players and delves into his pocket really irritates me, and it doesn't help the situation at all. Summed it up when he looked over to his linesman in the second half when it should've been a corner to us even though he was right in front of it and the Lino is 40 yards away on the other side of the pitch! You could even see Higginbotham asking him why he is looking at his linesman.

Doesn't remove the fact that we should have been out of sight comfortably, but I've had seen refs in my Sunday league games who have a far better grasp of the advantage rule than he does. Non contact sport at times also!

alicante jambo

Got to the stage now i try to ignore the fact theres a ref on the pitch.We have possibly the worst refs in europe.Theyre no biased just bad at their jobs.Im sure for 800 pounds for 90 minutes their should be more quality shown from them.Considering dallas/syme and collum theres others i cant be bothering mentioning are the top refs in scotland or have been sums it up for me.Been like this for years it really is pointless moaning about it.Scottish football is shite and theyre a huge part of why its so bad.Only job you can be consistently bad at and not get sacked.

We have huge crowds turning out but everyone is being diddled out of a great match by ****ing arrogant ***** like him. He's not the main reason we didn't win but he contributed. He was also pretty far from even handed.

Let's just face it, we're disliked by officials and we quite often suffer from it. Sometimes it's badly when you get cheating ***** like Collum. Sometimes less so. But IMO we will always have to work a few extra percent to win a match. It's either that or somehow we neef to become much better at working a referee like Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Hamilton, Cheating in other words.

Blew his whistle every 2 mins, completely killed the game. The linesman were laughable. Not biased, although they must have had 20 free kicks before our first, just bad refereeing.

Reilly isn't good enough for Hearts. Is King injured? Buaben's passing was horrendous.

We should have kept Jamie Mac, he is a better goal keeper than Alexander. His attempt to save the goal was ridiculous, dived but didn't go anywhere. Jamie Mac kept them in it.

Both the ref and Killie players did everything they could to disrupt Hearts and it worked a treat.

Btw, what was the Oshiniwa show all about? Rolling about the box when we were attacking, even Alexander was trying to get him up.

Feels like we lost.

Alexander had no chance with the goal. Blame the defenders for not clearing the ball.

So according to the usual chat on here in 90 plus mins of football its all the refs fault we canny man up and win games of football (insert usual rofl!!)

Every week...its the refs fault for this...for that...we must be the most hard done by team in Scotland with this chat!!

Just forget about 14 players who can dictate and influence...and management...damn these refs...!!!

I don't think people are blaming the ref for our failure to win the game but stating yet again that our refs are absolutely useless with one or two exceptions.

The game was not allowed to flow yesterday, the guy played on for two of the worst fouls in the game, seemed unaware of the advantage rule and allowed play acting by Kilmarnock players.

The game is meant to be about watching a game of football and the good refs whilst playing to the rules allow the game to flow and use some common sense, this guy was and always is totally devoid of any of these attributes.

Feels like we lost.

I am not so sure what you say is correct about Jamie Mac's saves. In my opinion it was more about our players having no composure in front of goal and hitting the ball straight at him and in Sow's case a great covering tackle from Ballatoni.

I agree with the Oshinwa guy, Robbie really need sot sort this guy out or get rid asap.

I thought he looked unfit and struggled to be in the right places at the right time. He made so many mistakes it was untrue. The fouls he gave for clean dispossession were particularly galling as we seemed to be in a good position each time.

Neither wonder that Saudi Arabia player stuck the head on him. Shite referee.

For me me Sow was easily the best player on the park & our biggest goal threat & RN took him off for a midfielder (Swanson). WTF was that about?

Anyway, the ref was just pish. Amateur performance. Stopped a blatant play on decision to book a player etc. Stood watching the ball from 8 yards with a clear line of sight when it went out for a corner but had to double check with the far side linesman to see if it really went out for a corner as if he would know being 60 yards away with the goals & 20 players in front of him. He really spoiled the game TBH. He did not want Hearts to win yesterday that was obvious. Mind you, neither did Robbie. He should have taken Walker off in the first half as he had a bad day at the office.

Seymour M Hersh

What are the papers saying about his performance? The usual got the big calls correct?

Going against the grain Moira Gordon in the hootsmon is particularly damning.  

Can't agree with that.

Fair enough. I was at the game & although a I'm a huge Walker fan he just wasn't at the races yesterday. Completely ineffective. As I said, bad day at the office.

Worst referee performance I've seen in a lot of years

Ruined the game

A truly appalling refereeing performance.

SFA need to GTF. Our game in this country is calling out for reliable officials and we can't seem to produce them. I don't know the answer i wish i did, but something must change.

Shooter McGavin

Beaton was stopping the game after almost every tackle in the game, hate refs that do this as it always results in a rubbish game of football. He was up there with Collum yesterday especially in the last 10 minutes.

Refereed the game like it was a basketball game. Barely a bad tackle in the match.

How he saw 23 Hearts 'fouls' in that game I will never know. The worst being the one on Hamill in the first half and Sow's on Findlay (when he beat him to the ball and would have been clean through).

Atrocious, for both teams.

Teuchterjambo

I said to a couple of mates before the game that Beaton was the worst refree in the country by a long way, both in his performance and attitude ... at leats he confirmed my opinion.

The problem for me is that although I am sure he will know the rules he obviously knows the square root of feck all about football. Anyone who had ever been remotely involved in the game or had any appreciation of the game would not referee the way he does.

He either just doesn't get it or is an absolute prick but most likely a lethal combination of both.

boabyarsebiscuit

Atrocious performance again.

It's pretty clear what is going on in the fallout of Collum-gate. Hearts put together a defence for Robbie Neilson based on statistical analysis of Hearts games refereed by Willie Collum vs. "the rest of the refs". The "rest of the refs" are now closing ranks. Soon Collum's 27 fouls per game against an average of the rest of 19 fouls per game, will become 27 vs 25.4 or whatever and we can't say that Collum is massively worse than any other ref or treating us any differently. Simples

Hagar the Horrible

That kind of refereeing performance is killing the game, how do you expect to get punters through the door.  Its all about entertainment and flowing football.  But it was all about the ref.  Kilmarnock players falling about did not help, but at 62% possession what would it have been without at least 15 soft free kicks.

Football is all about putting on a show, I enjoyed last season because the Championship was at least honest.  I just don't like the game anymore

Had encouraged two guys to come along to the match yesterday for their first time at Tynecastle.

They support teams in England and Germany and have no vested interest in Hearts or Scottish football.

Neither could believe the standard of refereeing that we had to endure.

They thought it was even more incredulous when I explained that it's happening in almost every other game in Scottish football.

It's got to the stage where it's not just the opposition we have to plan for, but the inadequacies of the officials who ultimately have the opportunity, ( and sometimes the desire ), to ruin a decent game of football.

Perhaps Robbie was right about his forward planning ?

As many have intimated on another similar thread, if it weren't for Hearts, Scottish football would be dead to me, and the officialdom play a large part in how I feel.

You don't need to be a good referee to get to the top in Scotland. A lot off arse licking involved at the SFA.

Beaton is the worst referee we've had this season(apart from gollum). Beaton is one of those refs who needs to show that they are in charge, a complete bellend of a man.

Folk on here blaming the ref need to get a grip, either that or start borrowing the tin hats from that lot at porkheid. Drawing with Killie had nothing to do with decision the ref made!

Folk on here blaming the ref need to get a grip, either that or start borrowing the tin hats from that lot at porkheid. Drawing with Killie had nothing to do with decision the ref made!

Not many have so your stating something that's not relevant to this thread. Hearts should have won through there own efforts but due to poor finishing they never. The referee however cannot be excused for his horrendous performance!

MacDonald Jardine

If we'd won it would still have been an awful performance by the referee.

FFS not another one

You need to get a grip, not read many, if any, blaming ref for the result.

That was down to ourselves missing chances, and then making poor changes to try and see it out.

Ref was shocking though and ruined the game.

Contrast the performances of Beaton and Collum, with that of Clancy last week, and Colvin in the Motherwell match.

The first two are officious, attention seekers, who may be capable of applying the letter of the law, but are incapable of applying common sense and who lack the ability to 'manage' a game or man manage the players,

Both Clancy and Colvin manage to apply common sense.  They talk to players, they give warnings for non-serious offences before resorting to flashing their cards.  In the Motherwell game, Colvin ended up booking 2 of their players, and none of ours, having given several warning to players from both sides.  Contrast that with the Hamilton game, where Collum dished out 9 yellows and a red and I doubt he spoke a word to any player.

He just totally lost it. Blew up for a couple of trivial incidents early on, soft yellow cards then in trying to even it out or bring some consistency to his performance - only he'll know which - he double crossed himself until the final whistle. In doing so he stifled the game and aided Killie to avoid a seeing to. You could see the decisions and break up of play wearing down our team and lifting them.. Both teams sensed his performance was going to decide the match and it had opposite effects on us to them. We should be discussing a football match not the officials...........AGAIN!!!

Even the Record saying you'll struggle to see a worse ref this season. Must be bad.

That's the unusual thing nearly every paper focuses on his performance being bad.

He was a nightmare.

You don't need to be a good referee to get to the top in Scotland. A lot off arse licking involved at the SFA.

Beaton is the worst referee we've had this season(apart from gollum). Beaton is one of those refs who needs to show that they are in charge, a complete bellend of a man.

I went to a referees association cup final dinner thing in Glasgow in May and the amount of back slapping etc was ridiculous. Collum gave a speech where he claimed there was a media witch hunt against them all. Seemed to think that nobody understands how difficult a job it is.

If they think they should be exempt from criticism things will never improve and we will keep having to put up with clowns like Beaton

Spitonastranger

. Yes football is about discussing the game and the players, there are threads regarding our manager and players, we are allowed to discuss the refs performance it does not mean we are making excuses. He was awful and we can say that, hate to be predictable, but people defending him cannot have been at the game.

He certainly was enjoying winding up the Hearts fans - he couldn't keep that smirk off his puss for the whole game!

The ref maybe didn't lose us the game, but it's no surprise to me that our best spell came in the last 10 minutes of the first half when there were the fewest stoppages and we could get into our flow. 

Blowing for everything and not understanding what advantage means lead to a very stop start game which played into Killie's hands a lot more than ours. 

Regardless, another day and we would have humped them at least 4-0 

He got 0/10 in The Sun today for his performance on Saturday. Quite generous I thought. 

I'll ask you the same question I asked GavK.

What did you make of the referees performance on Saturday?

SFA need to GTF. Our game in this country is calling out for reliable officials and we can't seem to produce them. I don't know the answer i wish i did, but something must change.

Problem is we have our current batch training the next generation and when we have refs describing ourselves as 'a big physical team' to the next generation of refs its doing nothing to move the quality forward

(could have been gollum or brines saying that, read it on here so maybe someone else can clear it up)

Best refs IMO

Clancy, Madden, Thompson, Mclean

Worst

Gollum - Like noone is on this jokers level, Beaton could have sent 3 players off and robbie to the stand and he would not be on this creeps level

Archived