Beaton

Rick Grimes

He was hopeless. The Sow foul he called was the only major thing he got wrong but he genuinely got about 80% of his decisions wrong.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

Kilmarnock sussed him out better than us and started throwing themselves down on every fifty fifty. Didn't think we could witness worse than Gollum, today we did. We should have been out of sight mind you and really let Killie off the hook.

Kilmarnock sussed him out better than us and started throwing themselves down on every fifty fifty. Didn't think we could witness worse than Gollum, today we did. We should have been out of sight mind you and really let Killie off the hook.

I said the same. Couldn't believe id witness a ref worse than willie. Had a group of English guys sitting behind me watching the game they were shocked by his performance complete ****

exactly, put the ball in the net and you dont need to worry about the ref.

Yep the amount of shots we had late first half and we couldn't hit the target was unbelievable. Knew that it would cost us. Also had chances second half but seemed to be trying to see it out and not take the game by the scruff of the neck

The fact that almost every game there is a thread about a ref kinda makes the point yeah?

That if so called adults in any sport look firstly and often solely at the ref week in week out for an excuse as to why things didnt work out in their favour then it says everything about a basic lack in understanding the word responsibilty and owning it...

Umm, no. I started the thread well before the game finished to comment on how inept he was. Worst display of refereeing I've seen in years.

Nothing to do with the end result and any parallels you're drawing are entirely in your own head.

Like to see how many free kicks he gave.... Looking to linesman on far side about a corner. He was in front of the goal had to have a better view.

BangkokHearts

Awful performance overall but I think he got the Sow one right as it was a clear nudge in the back.

it was a stonewall penalty from then on up to and including allowing Boyd to give the red card he was a nightmare.

Sorry, my bad! Meant to say excluding the penalty!

allystrachan

What happened for the red card? I missed it from the other side of the pitch. Looked to me like boyde told him to send him off, so he did.

Footballfirst

What happened for the red card? I missed it from the other side of the pitch. Looked to me like boyde told him to send him off, so he did.

Reilly got hauled down cynically as he broke on the right but kicked out in frustration from on the deck. The ref managed not to see it despite seeing the foul as a yellow card offence.  After consultation with the main stand lino he called Reilly over and showed him the red card.

alwaysthereinspirit

The referee coaching in Scotland must be poor. No way one country can have this many poor refs at the same time unless it's what they're taught as a group. No clue on the advantage rule, no such thing as 51/49 ball anymore ( it's just a foul now if you win it as the 49 player), can't wait to pull out the card, way to many want to be the game. Absolutely no consistency from one game to the next. Players really don't know what's a real foul anymore. Linesman do nothing but flag for throw ins or other obvious decisions. Never want to get involved with real game changing decisions. It won't change for the better for a long time. Scott Brown will be fine though.

ming the merciless

Asides from any frustration I'm feeling because we didn't win, and the fact that it was largely our own fault, that has got to be one of the most incompetent refereeing performances seen at tynecastle for many a year. Total welt.

Penalty and red card were letter of the law decisions. Both correct but neither you'd really like to see given (as a neutral).

Beaton's inability to see two yards in front of him, instead relying on a combination of blowing for everything or deferring to his equally clueless linesman was incredible. I think the only thing the linesman saw was the red.

The fact that almost every game there is a thread about a ref kinda makes the point yeah?

That if so called adults in any sport look firstly and often solely at the ref week in week out for an excuse as to why things didnt work out in their favour then it says everything about a basic lack in understanding the word responsibilty and owning it...

Out of curiosity, how did you rate todays referee?

Interestingly what is worse?

Players falling over under minimal to no contact?

Or refs buying it when even they know themselves it's not not an infringement

But have the get out of blaming the players?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Didn't realise my season ticket came with the bonus of watching the John Beaton show. Having said that plenty of chances to win and we let it go . When it was announced in midweek I mentioned on that thread I had a loathe of him. Nothing has changed

exactly, put the ball in the net and you dont need to worry about the ref.

Unless it's W Colllum and he doesn't give the goal.   Or L Mottram in the 1992 semi-final. Or about a million other bent GFA scumbags.

Saved me typing

:fing25:

He was awful - in fact I have never seen the guy have a good game. Even more amazing that he is a FIFA badged official.

Punks No Deid

Didn't realise my season ticket came with the bonus of watching the John Beaton show. Having said that plenty of chances to win and we let it go .

Sums it up for me mate, he clearly doesn't get the advantage rule as well

And Sow makes it 10

The list would be too long. He's done very little right. Not all that biased just terrible ref.

Exactly - not biased. Just a very very poor ref.

bilston angel

I would like to read the ref supervisors' report if one was sitting in the stand. Mine read 0/10, really bad for both teams and totally spoiled the game. No excuse however for us not closing out this game!

Out of curiosity, how did you rate todays referee?

Out of curiosity.....was Gav at the match?

Think Beaton has had decent games previously, but lost his way today and had a dismal match.  No flow to the game, stopped play when advantage was pretty obvious. 

We should have won by a mile, but fair play to Killie, they kept at it.

heartsfc_fan

Awful today.

Reilly decision aside he was garbage. Didn't let the game flow. Some baffling decisions.

There were so many bad decisions but I think the worst was when the ball clearly came off Sow at the wheatfield side of the by line.

Despite standing next to it - looked to his lino (on the other side of the pitch and clearly unsighted) then just guessed a Hearts corner.

You called it spot on. Very poor officiating started with Juanma being booked for being petulant and he called every trivial event thereafter. Didn't help the second half being interrupted with players going down all over the park, most of them with no one near them

I think you've missed the point.

Nobody is saying he cost us the game.

He was absolutely atrocious, inept, hopeless and no amount of apologetics will change that.

The referee coaching in Scotland must be poor. No way one country can have this many poor refs at the same time unless it's what they're taught as a group. No clue on the advantage rule, no such thing as 51/49 ball anymore ( it's just a foul now if you win it as the 49 player), can't wait to pull out the card, way to many want to be the game. Absolutely no consistency from one game to the next. Players really don't know what's a real foul anymore. Linesman do nothing but flag for throw ins or other obvious decisions. Never want to get involved with real game changing decisions. It won't change for the better for a long time. Scott Brown will be fine though.

Just think of Mottram, Dallas & Co.

There's your answer.

A perfect example of a ref who doesn't understand the game. There is a difference between having to blow the whistle and wanting to blow the whistle. Unfortunately today all the marginal decisions were deemed fouls. We fouled twenty odd times today, had players booked and a man sent off. I can't remember it being a physical game. Shocking performance where the fans have been shortchanged yet again. If that was the standard every week I'd stop going.

So according to the usual chat on here in 90 plus mins of football its all the refs fault we canny man up and win games of football (insert usual rofl!!)

Every week...its the refs fault for this...for that...we must be the most hard done by team in Scotland with this chat!!

Just forget about 14 players who can dictate and influence...and management...damn these refs...!!!

Ref was woeful but he didn't cost us the win. Our wastefulness in front of goal cost us today. I love watching Nicholson playing but he needs to have a better end product as he should have had at least a couple of goals today.

Hannibal Lecter

Unless it's W Colllum and he doesn't give the goal.   Or L Mottram in the 1992 semi-final. Or about a million other bent GFA scumbags.

The referee in the 92 semi final was Jim McCluskey

39 fouls in total, 23 committed by us, 16 by them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34366538

The other Premiership matches had 16, 25, 21 and 23.

Last week's figures were 23, 24, 33 (J. Beaton, ref., Inverness v Aberdeen), 32, 19, 22.

The week before: 32, 15, 21, 22, 19, 41 (Hearts v Aberdeen).

Beaton's other matches this season:

Dundee United v Dunfermline (went to extra time) : 37 fouls.

St. Mirren v Falkirk: 36 fouls.

Celtic v St. Johnstone: 24 fouls.

Hearts v Partick Thistle: 25 fouls.

St. Mirren v Dumbarton: 25 fouls.

Dundee United v Dundee: 21 fouls.

39 fouls in total, 23 committed by us, 16 by them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34366538

The other Premiership matches had 16, 25, 21 and 23.

Last week's figures were 23, 24, 33 (J. Beaton, ref., Inverness v Aberdeen), 32, 19, 22.

The week before: 32, 15, 21, 22, 19, 41 (Hearts v Aberdeen).

Beaton's other matches this season:

Dundee United v Dunfermline (went to extra time) : 37 fouls.

St. Mirren v Falkirk: 36 fouls.

Celtic v St. Johnstone: 24 fouls.

Hearts v Partick Thistle: 25 fouls.

St. Mirren v Dumbarton: 25 fouls.

Dundee United v Dundee: 21 fouls.

There wasn't 39 fouls in that game. All about the ref, not the game. Even when advantage could be played he blew to stop the game. No understanding whatsoever.

Captain America

He was shocking but wasn't reason we lost today.

So many baffling decisions, when he couldn't see the ball had went out for a corner and was less than 10 yards away, I lost it. 

Didn't see what Reilly done so can't say if that was right call. 

He seemed to hate Juanma & from very off wanted to be the big I am, shouting at Neil Alexander to acknowledge he was in charge. 

His looking for help from the linesman who was 40 yards away from incidents that were right under his nose was incredible.

Hopeless ref and spoiled any chance of a decent match breaking out.

Out of curiosity.....was Gav at the match?

I think that is the point behind Phil's question.  The fact Gav hasn't responded probably answers your question.

And Sow makes it 10

A perfect example of a ref who doesn't understand the game. There is a difference between having to blow the whistle and wanting to blow the whistle. Unfortunately today all the marginal decisions were deemed fouls. We fouled twenty odd times today, had players booked and a man sent off. I can't remember it being a physical game. Shocking performance where the fans have been shortchanged yet again. If that was the standard every week I'd stop going.

:spoton:

And Sow makes it 10

I have thought for years that Scottish referees are biased towards the old firm - does anyone else think that is the case or is the standard of refereeing in Scotland just really really bad?

I shouted "Brother Collum will be proud of you Beaton !" at the game today......  I still stand by that,spoiled what could have been a good match.

Not a hint of bias but as incompetent a performance as I've seen in a long time. It was all about him and he ruined the game, for both teams. The highlights will show that he got he two big decisions right but he didn't get many others right.

Seymour M Hersh

Really bad ref.

Not a cheat like Collum just a clown.

I have to disagree. Today we witnessed the most blatant cheating ever seen.  As I've said on many threads about referees, the way they cheat you is by adhering to the letter of the law for one team but being lenient with the other. Today was as clear an example of this as you'll ever see. 

He was shocking but wasn't reason we lost today.

Did I miss Killies second goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived