Parting is such sweet sorrow!

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

Now tomorrow afternoon bout 4pm ish it will end,finish be no more! Our little friends from Leith will be taking a different way down life's unpredictable road! In to the unknown,leaving us to fight the good fight! The question is, when will we meet again? (Do we care)!!! Anyway for anybody who is going tomorrow,watching on TV listening to the radio! Savour it, every second,every minuet! And take a moment,remember back to all the fun times we've had! The cup games!! Last minuet goals,relegation parties,wee cup presentations that were cancelled! The joy,the laughs! All admit I have taken Hibernian Football Club for granted and thought they would always be their,to share lifes highs and ( the odd low) but as in most things in life nothing lasts forever! So farewell,until we meet again!! Hope you enjoy another season on the championship you bunch yahoos! Ha,ha,ha

So, would you rather a season of Old Firm this, Old Firm that? Because if that horrible team from Govan makes it up rather The Hobos, then that's all we're going to get all season long from the media & all their nasty bigoted fans (some would suggest these are 1 & the same).

I recall another poster saying something similar on a previous thread.

What would be so wrong with a 'New Firm' & other teams to talk about for a change rather than them? We can seriously challenge next season and IMO be right up there, I don't mean we're going to win the league, but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be top 4 anyway.

Forza Cuore

So, would you rather a season of Old Firm this, Old Firm that? Because if that horrible team from Govan makes it up rather The Hobos, then that's all we're going to get all season long from the media & all their nasty bigoted fans.

Would rather both Hibs and Rangers bottle it and stay down.

Are these not the type of threads THEY put up last year before "the relegation party" and looked how that turned out

scottish_chicP

So, would you rather a season of Old Firm this, Old Firm that? Because if that horrible team from Govan makes it up rather The Hobos, then that's all we're going to get all season long from the media & all their nasty bigoted fans (some would suggest these are 1 & the same).

I recall another poster saying something similar on a previous thread.

What would be so wrong with a 'New Firm' & other teams to talk about for a change rather than them? We can seriously challenge next season and IMO be right up there, I don't mean we're going to win the league, but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be top 4 anyway.

Are you aware none of them can come up?

I don't care who comes up or stays up, just as long as it's not the shite from Lochend.

I hope they rot.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't care who comes up or stays up, just as long as it's not the shite from Lochend.

I hope they rot.

This

manaliveits105

They wont be missed and the residents down easter road will appreciate a major supermarket within the next couple of years so I am happy for them.

Cheerybye ya muppets

ToadKiller Dog

Not convinced Hibs or Orcs would beat the 2nd bottom side in the SPFL or better Queens for that matter .

My guess if Hibs stay down it could be for a wee while at bit like Dundee , Hibs don't have the financial muscle to greatly out perform the teams around them that they had back when the Duff man relegated them .

Also their support doesn't seem minded to come out in force to back that club at regular league games .

Staying down will be a nightmare for them .

Can't see the world class players in that squad staying for the ride either so it would mean a step down further in quality.

My prediction is Hibs staying down .

Are you aware none of them can come up?

Aye, but a part of me wouldn't mind (too much) if Hibs were to come up too. I don't particularly like them, but wouldn't it be better to see Edinburgh teams doing well rather than the weegies?

Sorry, a bit controversial I know, but just an opinion???

Personally I hate Rangers & everything about them (all too numerous to mention), more than I do The Hobos.

scottish_chicP

Aye, but a part of me wouldn't mind (too much) if Hibs were to come up too. I don't particularly like them, but wouldn't it be better to see Edinburgh teams doing well rather than the weegies?

Sorry, a bit controversial I know, but just an opinion???

Personally I hate Rangers & everything about them (all too numerous to mention), more than I do The Hobos.

I don't want either of them up. Hibs fans wanted us dead. Don't ever forget that. Let them rot.

I don't want either of them up. Hibs fans wanted us dead. Don't ever forget that. Let them rot.

This .

Fair Point. You're right.

Sorry

Luton Jambo

I hope tomorrow is the last time we ever play them in a league fixture and they languish in the lower divisions for evermore, Pumping in a cup tie now and again will do for me.

Getintaethem

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Hibs die, I'll just transfer my hatred to Spartans. Let them rot.

A Boy Named Crow

With derby day fast approaching, I once again have that excitement in the pit of my stomach.  There's the anticipation, the nerves, the vain attempts to rationalise all that away with the knowledge that it's just Hibs and Hibs are pish.  It's the best day of the season (excluding cup finals obviously).  Do I want to see them forever in our shadow?  Of course I do!  Do I want to see them stay down and maybe go years without another derby?  Not a chance!  Hearts and Hibs to go up, Rangers to collapse, twitch and ultimately die - that is my dream scenario.

I hope that the only time we ever play them again is the occasional cup tie.

Let them suffer and slow and undignified demise.

After all it is what they wanted for us just 12 months ago.

Jambos_1874

With derby day fast approaching, I once again have that excitement in the pit of my stomach. There's the anticipation, the nerves, the vain attempts to rationalise all that away with the knowledge that it's just Hibs and Hibs are pish. It's the best day of the season (excluding cup finals obviously). Do I want to see them forever in our shadow? Of course I do! Do I want to see them stay down and maybe go years without another derby? Not a chance! Hearts and Hibs to go up, Rangers to collapse, twitch and ultimately die - that is my dream scenario.

This. The derbies are the highlights of most seasons. The Hun are a millstone around the neck of Scottish football and nothing would please me more than to see them die again.

With derby day fast approaching, I once again have that excitement in the pit of my stomach.  There's the anticipation, the nerves, the vain attempts to rationalise all that away with the knowledge that it's just Hibs and Hibs are pish.  It's the best day of the season (excluding cup finals obviously).  Do I want to see them forever in our shadow?  Of course I do!  Do I want to see them stay down and maybe go years without another derby?  Not a chance!  Hearts and Hibs to go up, Rangers to collapse, twitch and ultimately die - that is my dream scenario.

My thoughts entirely.

'twitch and die'  -  poetry

That's the way I feel too.

This. The derbies are the highlights of most seasons. The Hun are a millstone around the neck of Scottish football and nothing would please me more than to see them die again.

THESE, DEFINITELY, BOTH OF THESE.

Love the derby, it's my favourite game in world football. Although I am willing to sacrifice it for a few seasons to watch them go through the pain of staying in Scotland's 2nd tier.

J Cheever Loophole

Its minute.

It's "It's".

It's pedant.

It's pedant.

This thread has rolled back the years for me. It's like sitting in a "Drab McNab" English class, circa '75-'76. Style.

The Great Khali

If one of them doesn't come up this season there's a strong possibility that one of them will have at least another two years in the championship :rofl:

To think that Terry Butcher still isn't even half way through his three year contract yet.

If Hibs don't come up this season I think they'll be down for a good few years.

:spoton:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Mighty Thor

This.

All the snidey e-mails and FOI requests. I hope they stay down.

If they stay down then they are in real trouble, no cash, no fans and no chance of coming back up.

Love the derby, it's my favourite game in world football. Although I am willing to sacrifice it for a few seasons to watch them go through the pain of staying in Scotland's 2nd tier.

I agree completely. Every hibs fan I know wanted us dead and buried last year so i would love to see them stay down for a few years.

I agree completely. Every hibs fan I know wanted us dead and buried last year so i would love to see them stay down for a few years.

This.

Up until last year I'd have been all for the Hobos coming up, just for the banter. After last year I hope they go bust. **** them.

Shovelly Joe

I don't feel the same buzz about us playing anyone else. Saying that they are such a bitter bunch that I'm happy for them to rot for a few seasons. My normally semi-sensible uncle is adamant that the ref. Craig Thompson is a Hearts Season Ticket holder. I suggested he went to the games with Zibi and Andy McNeil!! The 5-1 final has really affected them beautifully.

In years gone by I would have been happy to see Hibs come up and preserve derby fixture, but as with many other posters, the antics of their fans during last season makes me want to see them languish in the Championship for at least another season or two.

Hope they stay down, and if think they will. Rangers mini revival was cut short, hope they stay down as well . Would love for St Midden and Mudderwell to be there as well next season .

Jam Tarts 1874

Their fan's behaviour relating the death of Wallace Mercer was and continues to be beyond the pale.  I hope Mercer is enjoying watching the demise of hibs from somewhere comfortable. 

Imagine:

Hibs don't come up for the next couple of years, and Hearts spend a season or two strengthening and becoming a team that is capable of challenging for the top.

Hibs eventually come up with some team that scraped their way through the Championship and are faced with us in the first game of the season.

We will ****ing annihilate them!!

Archived