Neil Lennon is the new Bolton manager

Mikey1874

Just reported.

Be interesting to see how he does, Celtic's manager position was more like Head Coach e.g not having an influence in signing policy.

Good luck to him. Actually rate him as a manager, despite a few obvious brain farts. Also hopeful he can escape a lot of the off the park nonsense too.

Victor Meldrew

I always disliked him when he was a Celtic player and manger but having seen him on the TV dirung the World Cup, I thought he sounded very sensible and knowledgeable about the game. I think he'll do well and wouldn't be too disappointed if he does.

Maroon Sailor

I always disliked him when he was a Celtic player and manger but having seen him on the TV dirung the World Cup, I thought he sounded very sensible and knowledgeable about the game. I think he'll do well and wouldn't be too disappointed if he does.

Exactly what I was going to say

It'll be a truer test of his managerial capabilities than the Celtic job. I think he'll most likely be fairly shit. He won't be able to intimidate anyone down there.

Good luck to him, tough job he is taking on. He is definitely a very capable manager. To take that Celtic team as far as he did in Europe was amazing. He masterminded wins against Europes elite in the process. I used to hate the guy and when he first became Celtic manager I gave him no chance but he settled into the role and clearly has a willingness to learn from mistakes. The difference between the job he did and that of McCoist is incredible.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think he'll do a decent job. Despite what some people say, I think he showed signs of being a good manager during his time at Celtic. The players respected him and some of the signings made during his time at the club were excellent.

He is knowledgeable about the game as shown during the World Cup and he appears to have good tactical awareness. His Celtic team played some very good football at times too.

Yes, he had the odd moment (semi final, altercation with McCoist etc) but he definitely calmed down towards the end of his tenure. The Barcelona game was the obvious highlight during his time there.

tartofmidlothian

:spoton:

In fact, the only time I found myself really not liking him as their manager was when he had his hissy fit at the final whistle of the Beattie semi. After the incident at Tynecastle his interviews were excellent IIRC, it was all "these things happen everywhere" when the press wanted him to rip into us.

Did my nut in as a player, mind you.

Maiden Gorgie

Hope he does well. Really disliked him as a player but, a few instances aside, thought he did a really good job at Celtic.

Kind of like him now, actually

King Of The Cat Cafe

I think he will find things a bit more stable in Bolton, but I am not sure where he will find three wise men let alone.....

He's a nice guy so I hope he does well. It's a tough gig for him though with the debt that Bolton have at the minute, but it'll stand him in good stead if he does well in terms of bigger jobs in the future.

No great respect for him but when you see twats like Coisty and Stubbsy at clubs I think he at least deserves a job!

Good luck to him. He had to put up with some utterly ridiculous and terrifying shit up here. Will be a nice change for him to be able to concentrate on the football, which he is clearly very knowledgeable about.

Paterson's Tache

Completely different person to the bampot he was in his playing days and early in his coaching career. Comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable and was far better to listen to on World cup MotD than Alan Shearer or Robbie effing Savage

?170million in debt?

Shan playing staff?

About to disappear into oblivion?

Great career move.

Didn't even realise Dougie Freedman had been sacked. I'd whack a load on Bolton to go down.

Lennon will find it tough going to a struggling team in the league from a side who were so used to winning.

He's a nice guy so I hope he does well. It's a tough gig for him though with the debt that Bolton have at the minute, but it'll stand him in good stead if he does well in terms of bigger jobs in the future.

How is he a nice guy?

He is a BAD loser and came across like that a few times.

This love in with a guy who HATES HMFC is a load of bow lucks

Never liked Lennon as a player or as a coach. He took great pleasure in winding up Hearts fans after they beat us 3-2 on New Years day 2006 and I never respected him after that. Let's face it, he learned his lesson the hard way a few years later.

However, he seems to have calmed it so good luck to him because he'll need it.

Bolton ? who they? Let himself down.

The club Owen Coyle chose before Celtic...before Celtic gave job to...Neil Lennon.

How is he a nice guy?

He hates us? News to me, always thought he spoke highly of us and showed us respect.

queensferryjambo

He hates us? News to me, always thought he spoke highly of us and showed us respect.

Didn't he once say he didn't like Hearts years ago in an interview - to be fair to him he was genuinely joking with who he was talking to.

Diadora Van Basten

Never liked Lennon as a player or as a coach. He took great pleasure in winding up Hearts fans after they beat us 3-2 on New Years day 2006 and I never respected him after that. Let's face it, he learned his lesson the hard way a few years later.

However, he seems to have calmed it so good luck to him because he'll need it.

Also Pressley was off the pitch getting treatment when Celtic equalised after Lennon aimed a kick at him off the ball.

How is he a nice guy?

Have you ever met him??

I have, on many occasions, hence my statement that he's a nice guy.

I would rather have a bad loser on my team than someone who just shrugs after a defeat, and says that's life.

And for the record, he doesn't hate us. But if that suits your sad petty agenda, then bash on chief.

Have you ever met him??

I would rather have a bad loser on my team than someone who just shrugs after a defeat, and says that's life.

And for the record, he doesn't hate us. But if that suits your sad petty agenda, then bash on chief.

I can only agree with the above.

Lucky enough to meet him 2/3 times and indeed had a drink with him and others..... good company and certainly does not hate Hearts indeed loved playing us at Tynecastle.

He has been a good TV/Radio pundit as well since leaving Celtic.

Have you ever met him??

No,never met him.

Your personal meeting's with him are your own business,thats not relevant to the masses.

He is a bad loser,he has shown this on camera and on audio media.

Neil does hate Heart of Midlothian,maybe due to experiences with the HMFC support in his belief I would say.

No petty agendas here,Chief

This!

I think when most people join Celtic, they become obnoxious, but before and after, they are actually OK.

He was hugely disliked before Celtic.

Archived