Neil Lennon is the new Bolton manager

Mikey1874

Great match, Bolton usually play such dull football and were never a club I liked.

Now forgive me for not falling over myself because he summarised a few things reasonably well and came over as articulate in comparison to shearer and savage! Think that says more about the level of punditry in our media more than him

I hope he is just awful and toils miserably :)

I always think back to the Wilson trial, when it was basically John Wilsons word against ONE single steward who allegedly heard him shout "ya Feeeen *******" as he ran at Lennon. Wilson maintains he shouted "ya fuuuu *******".*

Lennon takes the stand knowing full well he could send JW down if he were to say that it was indeed "feeee" that he heard as Wilson came towards him. Now, if NL was the rat many on here claim him to be, he could've stuck JW down, knowing that not one single person could've argued against him. Indeed, he actually had a steward willing to back him up.

Judge "Mr Lennon, did you hear JW call you a feee?"

Lennon "No sir"

And in that single moment, my respect for NL went up a notch.

* excuse my for trying to bypass the swear filter, but if I hadn't, none of this entire post would've made any sense... ;-)

Shanks said no

Always detested him as a player and Celtic manager. Strange thing is that a Celtic friend, who's opinion I normally trust, knows him. He regularly goes out with him socially and swears that the NL we see isn't the same one he knows. Since leaving Celtic he has generated a media personna that is maybe truer to his real character than being tainted with Celtic and its baggage.

Good hire for them. I think Lennon has grown up a lot in the past few years and knocked off the tantrums and outrage.

Still love the video of him raging during the Beattie penalty but good luck to him.

The Future's Maroon

Just seen him on BBC news being asked if he'll be going back to Celtic for potential signings in January...hopefully he stays clear of our players.

rudi must stay

Managing Bolton will be tougher than managing Celtic.

Wont last.

He's too good for them. He may not be a nice guy, but he's got all the attributes to be a top manager. Including a fear factor, not a suprise at all that the best Celtic players aren't trying as hard as they did when he was in charge

Oh goody, my new least favorite english club. Pity too, fine old club. Pop-corn teeth will certainly be "found out" here.

Have you ever met him??

I have, on many occasions, hence my statement that he's a nice guy.

I would rather have a bad loser on my team than someone who just shrugs after a defeat, and says that's life.

And for the record, he doesn't hate us. But if that suits your sad petty agenda, then bash on chief.

If I had a player who showed no emotion after a defeat then I'd probably spit out my lemon chicken and scream abuse from my living room window.

In seriousness, I think he comes across as a decent guy with a good knowledge of the game. I've seen him on MOTD a couple of times and I actually enjoy listening to him.

At Celtic he did some arsey things and made some dickish comments but he clearly had a passion for his club and unlike many managers, he wasn't afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve.

When you're the manager of a big club, like he was at Celtic, you're required to have that touch of arrogance about you. You're drilled into a winning mentality where you have to believe you are better than everyone else.

Any manager at a top club who isn't won't fit in well.

I am delighted that he is down south hopefully never to return.

Bottom line he caused bother in Scottish football and Scotland in general.

rudi must stay

don't like him so hoping he loses every game. He has said on public tv that he "doesn't like Hearts"

I doubt he's ever said that, he said he loved playing at Tynecastle and enjoyed the atmosphere

Allegedly Lennon called the Rangers winger (Man City loanee) a 'gipsy'in the tunnel.It was all to do with that.

Allegedly Lennon called the Rangers winger (Man City loanee) a 'gipsy'in the tunnel.It was all to do with that.

I doubt he's ever said that, he said he loved playing at Tynecastle and enjoyed the atmosphere

he said "i don't like hearts" and it was on question of sport or some other panel/couch show

he said "i don't like hearts" and it was on question of sport or some other panel/couch show

Certainly wasn't what he told me.

He did say that Tynecastle was his favourite away ground as it was a bear pit and he loved the atmosphere that was created by the fans being so close to the action.

So I'm calling shenanigans on the "Neil Lennon hates Hearts" chat, unless evidence of said interview/panel show can be produced??

he may like the ground and the fixture but he doesn't like the club. i.e. some of the hullo hullo brigade.

I like when we play hibs but doesn't mean i like hibs

• 4 weeks later...

Doing a tremendous job so far. 12pts out of a possible 18pts, 3 home wins out of 3.

2nd bottom with 5pts when he took over and now got 17pts and above the likes of Leeds, Fulham, Wigan and Brighton.

It was on offside tam cowans show he was asked who he wanted to win the scottish cup hearts or Gretna. He said Gretna interviewer asked why that's when he said he doesn't like hearts. There was a rye smile on his face when saying it though

Certainly wasn't what he told me.

He did say that Tynecastle was his favourite away ground as it was a bear pit and he loved the atmosphere that was created by the fans being so close to the action.

So I'm calling shenanigans on the "Neil Lennon hates Hearts" chat, unless evidence of said interview/panel show can be produced??

He did say something like that the night before our cup final with Gretna. It was a preview of the final and he was asked who he wanted to win. He replied "Gretna because I hate hearts"

True story.

He did say something like that the night before our cup final with Gretna. It was a preview of the final and he was asked who he wanted to win. He replied "Gretna because I hate hearts"

True story.

TBF it was on tam cowan's comedy show.

Holyrood_Hearts

Seen part of the 2nd half last night. It's remarkable how a change of manager can galvanise the team.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bilel Mohsni

d96930835243955de3b2bc06e3c0202c.jpg

Wonder if he's missing the goldfish bowl of scottish football ?. I think not.

He's an arsehole. He was utterly ingrained in the problems of Scottish Football right from the start of his time up here. I'm delighted he's gone, personally.

Archived