Orange Parade in Gorgie tomorrow

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

A wee heads up to people travelling into Gorgie early for the football tomorrow. There might be a wee bit of a disruption with road closures etc. An Orange parade leaves Dalry at 11.30am heading along Gorgie and down Westfield road, it then goes along to Saughton Park where it finishes.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arent they three centuries late for their celebration?

Or are they like the Hobbits still celebrating their 7-0 a lifetime after the event?

Arent they three centuries late for their celebration?

Or are they like the Hobbits still celebrating their 7-0 a lifetime after the event?

centuries ...1314 ,pot kettles. :bucktooth:

I care not about 1314 or 1690 btw...

just always think its funny when that line is brought out.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Whurz ma sash?????

Not many actually wear sashes nowadays. They are technically colarettes.

Nobody watches them march anyway. It's effectively a group of folk disrupting traffic. Should be clear by the time Gorgie gets busy though.

Hopefully this event will be all done and dusted before the bulk of the fans arrive for the football.

I thought their march in Edinburgh was to be 13th September or is this them having a warm up ?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Cracking stuff.

I fly up tomorrow back to the dark ages, when is next KKK gathering don't want to miss that ??

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It's a shame that these things are losing popularity. They could combat the apathy by maybe wearing different colours, and incorporate some funky dance moves. Maybe some feather boas?

tartofmidlothian

Is this Glasgow?

Saw one in town the other week, the only folk following it wore Rangers tops and Naw badges. Does anyone from Edinburgh go?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is this Glasgow?

Saw one in town the other week, the only folk following it wore Rangers tops and Naw badges. Does anyone from Edinburgh go?

That's the problem, not many. It'll soon pick up when they start incorporating a bit of cha-cha-cha though. Pom-poms and deely boppers would help also.

maroonlegions

To think we pay out taxes and council tax to facilitate marches by bigoted neanderthals , money well spent considering all those public austerity cuts. :cornette:

Nucky Thompson

And the purpose of this march is ??

I don't know. The only reason I found out is that I nipped into the Westfield for a pint and the barman told me

What are the criteria to be allowed a march? As much as I cringe, and to an extent sympathise with Hibs, would they be allowed to march through Gorgie in opposition to Petrie and Farmer? At least it would be relevant to Edinburgh.

Why are these minority movements permitted to close off streets? It's an annoyance. It should be stopped. Unless you want a long march for freedom of course. Then I'll support you.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Oh and i am heading doon Gorgie way the morrow fur a pint , they better get oot my way like.

Just wear a silly costume and play the kazoo. They'll be dead friendly. I might take along my bongos and see if they'll let me jam with them.

There was the YES stall which seemed to go down OK at the recent Derby game, and i hope this, a NO rally passes without event as well. There is a march, as mentioned by Luckydug on the 13th which because of its makeup, has risen many concerns.

Is this Glasgow?

Sigh. There always one point scorer. Wonder which way Settler Watch will be voting.

Remnants of Standards

From memory the big march planned on the 13th Sept before the vote (which could tip right-thinking people horrified by these relics to 'Yes') ends up at Abbeyhill.

Hibs are seemingly at home.

maroonlegions

Just wear a silly costume and play the kazoo. They'll be dead friendly. I might take along my bongos and see if they'll let me jam with them.

Ha ha, scenes.

marchomatic.gif

centuries ...1314 ,pot kettles. :bucktooth:

I care not about 1314 or 1690 btw...

just always think its funny when that line is brought out.

what??? If by 1314 you mean the battle of Bannockburn, I believe that was in Scotland. If by 1690 you mean some battle in Ireland then that was not in Scotland so was nothing to do with our country

And the purpose of this march is ??

They will say to counter Irish Republican marches that are allowed to take place in Edinburgh.

We need to ban them ALL - however our liberal principals even let the Islamic State supporters march through London, so what chance have we got!!

It was embarrassing enough when they marched through the Meadows during the festival, no wonder Scotland gets labelled a backwater.

It's a shame that these things are losing popularity. They could combat the apathy by maybe wearing different colours, and incorporate some funky dance moves. Maybe some feather boas?

Not in the town where I stay they are not.

One of the streets near us is like the Shankhill Road with all the loyalist stuff on display.

Orange walk passes right outside my front door .

When they are going on a walk we get wakened up at 7.00am with them practising their drums ,flutes etc.

zoltan socrates

The tea towel Gyle Loyal will be in their element.

Is he not away to the fair at rosyth?

Can't believe we still allow this antagonistic garbage

What on earth is that?

Good question. I'm not sure, but I'd love to know the origins - I've just spotted it around a lot in the last few months.

Usually accompanied by a guy in a white hood waving some sort of elaborate embroidered flag with UVF on it. Charming images.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

One of the streets near us is like the Shankhill Road with all the loyalist stuff on display.

When they are going on a walk we get wakened up at 7.00am with them practising their drums ,flutes etc.

Where's that?

maroonlegions

Drum over the heid and flute up the sun don't shine if they waked me on my day off at 7.00am.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Armadale?

what??? If by 1314 you mean the battle of Bannockburn, I believe that was in Scotland. If by 1690 you mean some battle in Ireland then that was not in Scotland so was nothing to do with our country

Yeah cause religion has never been an issue in Scotland right enough.

**** sake. My one and only encounter with an Orange march came recently in Glasgow and it was not a pleasant one.

Horrible.

A wee heads up to people travelling into Gorgie early for the football tomorrow. There might be a wee bit of a disruption with road closures etc. An Orange parade leaves Dalry at 11.30am heading along Gorgie and down Westfield road, it then goes along to Saughton Park where it finishes.

cheers Nucky almost forgot about this and was not sure of start time

I will be out to watch this ... anyone else care to admit it?

Not enough :facepalm: on the planet for the orange order!

I have not met a single person that supports this cause that is in any way shape or form, a normal human being.

Are they even aware that they are as socially acceptable as gollywogs?

For the love of ****. There was one about two months ago. Do these mutants no think that making themselves look like arseholes by dressing like girl guides once a year is enough?

WHY?!

Just... why?!

They act as though people are due them respect with those pathetic little f****** uniforms.

Archived