*** We Have No Cares - Hearts v Raith episode now online ***

Malcolm Tucker

Malcolm Tucker

There is only a small window to think of the right song to complement the MotM.

It was most amusing watching Rob' brain melt trying to come up with some lyrics.

I should never have had that Bulmers 17, regardless of how delicious it was.

No idea how all these famous musicians manage it tbh.

Your song has certainly raised the bar though!

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malcolm Tucker

• gashauskis9

• kolya

• :shitwine:

Back of the Bus

I should never have had that Bulmers 17, regardless of how delicious it was.

No idea how all these famous musicians manage it tbh.

Your song has certainly raised the bar though!

Was BB's the "Hallelujah" Alim song? ...... If so, it's the song equivalent of the big man's goal at ER!

Just subscribed to the podcast on iTunes btw. Tremendous work.

Caught myself singing 'as long as he's at HMFC, we'll always be, better than Hibees' to myself three times at work today. Excellent!

There's usually around 70-80 mins raw audio for a normal episode. This one was obviously closer to 120 all in - hence why the episode went up this afternoon rather than last night... ;)

Real time step-by-step Brad McKay beard loving.

Brad favourited a tweet of mine praising said beard.

It's a personal highlight of my day :wub:

Malcolm Tucker

Also folks, interested to hear what you thought of the different set-up for this. Obviously it won't happen often but did you find it good to listen to?

Suggestions to improve if we're going to do it again would be very welcome!

As usual, saved the podcast for my journey into work on Monday morning. The different dynamic was a good change, and would definitely work again down the line.

I also enjoy a good Andrew WK reference :jjyay:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The bizarre thing is hearing a recording of celebrating a goal when it is a live response.

It wasn't bad and any song involving Kenny Loggins will be good. My only criticism would be that you sounded stilted by talking about football all the time. Blethering other shite for your own amusement through the game would probably be as funny.

Amoruso_lets_it_run

I enjoyed this show. Would have been good doing some sort of live feed as an alternative to the BBC Alba commentary.

I think you should stick to speaking about football. The guys on the football ramble (a podcast which I am a fan of) fairly regularly broach other subjects and is almost invariably my least favourite part. I'm not really interested in hearing their views on movies, music, video games etc

Notbrainwashed

While I appreciated the different format today, I would say keep it to the occasional match.  I totally get that it's more difficult to discuss in some sort of depth and watch the match simultaneously and I think that came across a bit as moments of hesitancy.  That said, the insights actually made during the course of the game were really good.  A live broadcast would be bloody great though.

My highlight has to be the audible squeaking from Nicol's chair as he gets to the pay-off of his song and is clearly bouncing up and down.  

Keep up the good work, guys

Songs were top notch this week

Fair play to Nicol I had Andrew WK come on shuffle when I was driving last week and actually tried to think of a song and struggled so well done

Liked this format but I agree with the comments to do it occasionally

Private Womble

You are lucky I listened for about 5 minutes and lost the will to live

Really? Since that post I have listened to every podcast and think they're brilliant.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Chaps, love you both dearly but I'm not a fan of this format for the podcast. I downloaded it to listen to on my flight was moist with anticipation, but to be quite frank, this has ruined my flight. To the extent that the person next to me is visibly shaking with fear after my screams of "Nnnnnoooooooooo, don't mess with a winning formula, be like Robbie Neilson and tinker but keep your core until such times as is necessary"

I'm probably going to be removed from the plane by security when it lands.

I enjoyed it, it was something different, and think you could try this again during the season.

It was fun to listen to the emotions varying as the game panned out, definitely echoed what we were probably all thinking at the game.  From supreme confidence at 2-0, to sudden nervous concern at 2-1, to eventual relief at the final whistle and finally celebration mode as we absorbed the fact that we had increased our lead at the top in a weekend in which The Rangers seemed confident they were going to close the gap.

Edited by RobNox

Suggestion for a new segment:

Given that the vast majority of your listeners will be JKB members and given that you both frequent the site daily, you could have a post of the week section where you read out your favourite JKB posts and decide which one is the funniest or most original.

Not much effort and I reckon it would work well

Suggestion for a new segment:

Given that the vast majority of your listeners will be JKB members and given that you both frequent the site daily, you could have a post of the week section where you read out your favourite JKB posts and decide which one is the funniest or most original.

Not much effort and I reckon it would work well

Or alternatively, which was the most ridiculous post.

Or alternatively, which was the most ridiculous post.

Good idea, it could be the "Arsehole of the week" section

Enjoyed this weeks pod, I would enjoy it a couple times a season but much prefer it when you've got a plan. I am making a great assumption here that you do indeed have a plan for your usual podcast.

Keep up the good work boys, my Mrs who is a manc, just shakes her head and leaves the room when I'm listening. She understands its, "me time" and more than likely doesn't understand you either.

I didn't enjoy it as much as the normal podcasts to be honest, but still something to listen to at the gym. Keep up the good work anyway, love the usual weekly banter.

kudos for trying something different, but looking forward to normal service last week.

Glad Nicol's back on a winning streak, the thinking man's songwriter :-).

Good but not as good as usual , obviously in a 'live'recording there will be gaps or hesitation while you are watching build up or situations so just on that, not as fluid as usual, but the goal reactions were great, songs were top notch and as a positive for the live stuff, you could hear the joy/anguish at certain points in the match.

I prefer both of you having time to chat about what has went on in the match and use that time to put it both eloquently and concisely to your audience with loads of swearing ;)

If you made the game chat into 5 minutes of

Highlights rather than the full 45 min podcast it would have worked better.

Listening to you going mental to the goals and reacting to key incidents would be more enjoyable at a faster pace and it would leave more time for the usual planned stuff.

Malcolm Tucker

Really appreciate the feedback! Exactly what I was looking for.

Obviously this kind of podcast will be very few and far between due to the fact hardly any games are televised this year and also coz we're diehard supporters and go to most games. If we do this format again we'll take on board all the comments and critiques.

Thanks again for listening folks.

Loving the podcasts but less keen on this one. Great idea for sure but it just lacked something for me. Songs again were top notch. Quality tunes. I had been singing bailamos by enrique in my head all morning so when pallardo was MoM i had a sneaky wee feeling the Spanish connection may have popped up.

Still, great show again even if i do get funny looks at work as I'm pissing myself laughing

Edited by Beverley

Geoff Kilpatrick

Been recorded, Nicol will currently be editing it ready for your ears.

:jjyay:

Not ready for me heading to work!

:seething:

Sack Nicol!