The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

jambovambo

alex thomson ?@alextomo

I've been invited onto "Off the Ball" BBC Scotland on Saturday, albeit via a studio in Cambridge.

Hackney Hearts

holy shit, the wee Diddy clubs were stapled and celtic was Spiral bound :rofl:

This has gone too far! Staplegate proves once and for all that the OF are/were part of a corrupt cartel.

Francis Albert

One league and country you can compare is Norway. It has a population of 5 million, same size as Scotland. Scotland is two places above Norway in the UEFA co-efficent for leagues. It has 1 million less people attending games, and yet it has a 56 million euro tv deal per season and Scotland has an 18 million Euro deal per season. Something is wrong there.

That something goes by the name of Doncaster.

And without Rangers (an institution of the sort Norway somehow gets by without) he has already effectively offered the rights at ?3m (4m euros).

Embarrassing. Or it would be if Doncaster had been born with the embarrassment gene.

How much is he paid? And in all this talk of fiinancial meltdown why has the topic of cost savings and efficiences in the SPL not been raised? Sacking Doncaster for gross incompetence would be a good start.

tartofmidlothian

Naismith says his conscience is clear:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/05/steven-naismith-everton-rangers

Naismith explained: "As a squad we tried to do our best to come out with a CVA and one good thing to come out of us taking a wage cut was that every member of staff moved over to the new company. And whether they were made redundant or not, they would get a good severance package for the length of time they worked for the old company. That alone is worth what the players done.

"We couldn't do much more but there is going to be a degree of disappointment from a lot of people with the way the players have left, but it has been the hardest decision for a lot of them, whether to leave or transfer over. The ones who have transferred over are going to be the ones to hopefully bring the club back up to challenging again.

"It hasn't been nice, first of all from a fans' point of view, because the club was in such a mess, and from a footballing point of view, none of the squad were prepared for what we had to go through. It was to the squad's credit the way it did turn out and the players can hold their head's up high and say that they have done everything they could to try and pull the club out of administration. The outcome wasn't great but you move on from that and hence the reason I have come to the decision I have."

Everton have now signed two of Rangers best players ? Naismith and Nikica Jelavic ? for a combined ?5m this year and David Moyes admitted to capitalising on the turmoil at Ibrox.

The Everton manager said: "Everyone knows Rangers' situation and we have had our eye on Steven for a long time. The situation at Rangers gave us an opening. It is a tragedy for Glasgow Rangers. Rangers don't know what division they are going to be in next season but all players want to play at the highest level."

Rick Grimes

That's hilarious! Also liking:

An SPL chairman who was present at the meeting said last night: ?The brochure was very unimpressive and even more so because the wee diddy clubs got copies that were stapled together, but Celtic?s was spiral bound.

?It was also more than unfortunate that they were open at the page which referred to the voluntary transfer embargo when somebody got an alert on their Blackberry to say that Ian Black had announced he would sign for Rangers if they were accepted into the SPL.?

And what gives with the fact that they admit there have been crimes commited but then say they were against staff, fans & management!!! Delusional pricks.

alwaysthereinspirit

holy shit, the wee Diddy clubs were stapled and celtic was Spiral bound :rofl: and Page 5 wt actual f

Page 5 is a blatant lie.:whistling:

Rick Grimes

This has gone too far! Staplegate proves once and for all that the OF are/were part of a corrupt cartel.

There's got to be a fairly good chance that Staplegate proves Green wanted to lose the vote. Why else would he blatantly rub everyone's nose in it?

Seymour M Hersh

Magnificent stuff :lol:

Looks like newco and Celtic have already agreed to binding contracts.

It's all spiralling out of control of sevco!!

colinmaroon

So with Longmuir admitting that the SFA "have the power to influence" the decision on where newco get put, and Regan threatening that "he cannot allow the third division option to happen" then we know exactly what is going to happen to newco already... Why on earth would the SFL clubs risk the wrath of almost all supporters in Scotland by voting them in to the first division? Surely it is better to let Regan and the SFA wield the axe? I hope they vote no, I want it to be abundantly clear who pulls the strings and moves the goal posts on this one, it is better that the ******* who plunges the knife in to Scottish Football's back, be Clearly seen by everyone involved, then he leaves a legacy and becomes an easier focal point for the anger, outrage and frustration of those who are dead against his cheating, rather than use all the SFL clubs as his human shield.

The SFL must vote no and force Regan to make good his threat.

This is exactly why - IF, I said IF, clubs are forced to accept the insertion of a non-football club into a higher division that we should seriously consider trying to organise a boycott of a Scotland game at Hampden.

Even the threat just now is not without value.

Let's face it, it seems that money is god to Regan and alarm bells will ring if there's a threat to their pocket.

And to argue, "But that will effect grass roots football," is true to a degree but the long term health of the game is paramount - that is a sport event played according to the rules on and off the field.

brunoatemyhamster

Mr Longmuir

I Appreciate your reply.

BUT....

It fails to quash my concerns regarding Mr Brown statement on RADIO CLYDE .

Maybe you have not heard his comment's as i can appreciate at this time you are a busy man.

Mr Brown CLEARLY state's he didn't receive these "Minutes" until the 4/7/12

You state Mr Brown was a participant at the meeting on the 3/7/12 " What you are referring to are a participants personal notes which he chose to circulate after the meeting "

Was Mr Brown a participant at the meeting?

Mr Brown seems to be saying no.

You seem to say yes.

I enclose a link directly to Mr Browns CLYDE interview

In which Mr Brown quote's you as saying " Rangers will be in the first division , regardless of the vote" ?

My season ticket money and future involvement with Scottish football depend's on an answer of any sort.

Thanks again

COME ON LAD'S HELP ME GET INTO HIM! IVE GOT HIM ON THE LINE!!!!!

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

colinmaroon

Seen some interesting points on twitter this morning, the view from Gorgie guy has put a good point up where he has put up the SFL rules for a club resigning and leaving the league. The rules state that the club that is leaving has to give written notice of two years or be approved by two thirds of clubs in a vote if they want to leave. So it makes look near impossible for an SPL 2 to happen this season (as well as a few weeks to set up a whole league.)

And the Celtic journalist Tony McKelvie has been talking about how the money the SPL gets from broadcast rights is so disapportinate. He is mainly looking at what the BBC pays for TV and internet highlights and radio broadcast rights, which the SPL gets ?500k a season or ?40k per club per season, this compares to ?1m per club per season the bbc pays each EPL club just for TV highlights. Also points out that Alan Hanson earns 3x more a year (?1.5m) than what the BBC pays the SPL for all these rights. So a Scottish pundit gets more to be on the bbc once a week (with the odd exception) than the BBC pay to the top Scottish league. Depressing.

Totally Disgraceful!

Tasavallan

An SPL chairman who was present at the meeting said last night: ?The brochure was very unimpressive and even more so because the wee diddy clubs got copies that were stapled together, but Celtic?s was spiral bound.

Surprised that the Diddymen didn't just get B+W copies and Celtic the executive coloured bound copy.

Arrogant tw*ts.

tartofmidlothian

Mr Longmuir

I Appreciate your reply.

BUT....

It fails to quash my concerns regarding Mr Brown statement on RADIO CLYDE .

Maybe you have not heard his comment's as i can appreciate at this time you are a busy man.

Mr Brown CLEARLY state's he didn't receive these "Minutes" until the 4/7/12

You state Mr Brown was a participant at the meeting on the 3/7/12 " What you are referring to are a participants personal notes which he chose to circulate after the meeting "

Was Mr Brown a participant at the meeting?

Mr Brown seems to be saying no.

You seem to say yes.

I enclose a link directly to Mr Browns CLYDE interview

In which Mr Brown quote's you as saying " Rangers will be in the first division , regardless of the vote" ?

My season ticket money depend's on an answer of any sort.

Thanks again

COME ON LAD'S HELP ME GET INTO HIM! IVE GOT HIM ON THE LINE!!!!!

You missed the crucial point. The 'participant' might not have been JB, in which case who was it?

brunoatemyhamster

You missed the crucial point. The 'participant' might not have been JB, in which case who was it?

I'm Coming to that. :thumbsup: If that's the case then Mr longmuir is due ME a copy of the notes,minutes ,whatever they were so fingers crossed.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

It's no' that Tom Cumentator the Rangers boy is it?

Nope, it's Grant Russell questioning the imaginary figures that Doncaster and Regan have been using, and criticising the way they have both handled everything.

Well worth a listen.

Hagar the Horrible

Surprised that the Diddymen didn't just get B+W copies and Celtic the executive coloured bound copy.

Arrogant tw*ts.

Celtic were given a champaign reception and h'orderves on arrival, with valley parking

Everybody else queued in the rain until the bouncers let them in but the tache had to change his trainers.

Celtic got a full colour glossy brouchure with the REAL deal inside

Everybody else got a stapled summary of the bits they might just be entitled to know

Celtic had succulent lamb for lunch

St Mirrens cheif said the fried onions from the burger van were over done.

brunoatemyhamster

:D

Keep your powder dry and all that.

:lol: Something along the line's of " If i give him enough rope..."

Hackney Hearts
Longmuir said: ?The time has come for all outside influences and pressures to stop. So I ask all other bodies to leave it to those who have been put in this invidious position to make a decision in the best possible interests of the game.

?I have every faith in the judgment of those clubs and their boards to make a decision, considered and reasoned, which will be in the best interests of the game, how it?s structured, how it?s governed and how it?s financed.?

?The SFL clubs clearly have choices but what we plan to do is make the choices very, very clear to them by giving them the right information and to work over the next week to pull together the plan that?s going to take the game forward through this mini crisis. I believe that with proper collaboration we can get everybody onside with this.?

In other words, everybody go away so that we can feed them the 'yes vote' propaganda in peace.

Amazing how clearly someone from outside the "Goldfish Bowl" can see this :whistling:

I'm guessing everyone outside Scotland sees it this way, they just don't give a shit about diddy football leagues in a diddy country.

They probably care as much as we do about Lithuanian basketball.

alwaysthereinspirit

Arrogant tw*ts.

"here's your bound copy and why dont you sit on this nice comfy chair. Here let me fluff that cushion up for you"

"the rest of you will find numbered single sheets next to the stapler on the table. There are bar stools in the cleaning closet if you must sit"

...a bit disco

Nope, it's Grant Russell questioning the imaginary figures that Doncaster and Regan have been using, and criticising the way they have both handled everything.

Well worth a listen.

Cool.

:thumbsup:

I'll give it a listen then.

Tomo reporting that Chocolate Sally is advising not to buy a season ticket.

His position has to be untenable - no way can green allow his manager to publically screw him over.

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/221199127642509312

alex thomson?@alextomo

Ally McCoist warning "Rangers" fans not to buy seasons tkts yet. Says he's few players, no league and so don't buy yet.

Sevco 2012 have only sold 250 season tickets.

According to the Daily Ranger.

?15 million black hole in the accounts tha Green budgeted for.

http://t.co/fEXNzPCm

"And I think to myself what a wonderful world". :thumbsup:

BUT THEY DO NOT DO "WALKING AWAY!"

alwaysthereinspirit

Valley parking - where is the valley at Hampden Hagar.

Nice catch. Valet well spotted.:whistling:

Maple Leaf

This is what should happen to newco cheats.

1. Start next season in division 3.

2. a 10 point points deduction.

3. Transfer embargo for 12 months.

Plus, they should stay in Div 3, with no chance of promotion to Div 2, until they have repaid all their football debts.

And all that is at a minimum.

Amazing how clearly someone from outside the "Goldfish Bowl" can see this :whistling:

Regan and Doncaster should be sacked :verymad: :verymad:

Harry Palmer
rangers meltdown ?@rangersmeltdown

turncoats should be listed on a special board outside Ibrox for what they have done! The board should be called "Those Who Walked Away"

:lol:

rangers meltdown ?@rangersmeltdown

any other scottish club would have got sympathy. they are just rebel scum. bring back the 4th verse.rebellious scots to crush.

Just a couple randomly selected.

Hagar the Horrible

I mean page 4:

This is a Newco, no association with previous invertors, directors or shareholders.

Yes we will keep all the titles and the history, because as stated on slide 5.....WE ARE RANGERS.

Voluntry sanctions of not signing players for 1 year until July 13, yet page 3 they state they only have 8 players and 5 of those senior, does he think the SPL is a 5 a-side tournament. Even the Refs cant magic up a win with those? not even Hugh Dallas has that skill set. and then the TXT about Black....timing is everything!

Acknowledge - will occur if NEWCO not admittted but significant loss of revenue for the SPL and Scottish football

does this translate from Yorkshire yokeish?

Rangers newco will suffer finacial metdown, celtic might have to glue the buscuit tin shut for a bit and we all cut out cloth accordingly.

The other propsosal of paying fines and certain debts, should be imposed by the SFA regardless of what division they are playing in, IF they want access at all!

I still think this was designed to fail

what is it..failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

If the same crap presentation is presented on the 13th, then I put it to you that Green is trying to sabotage his own plan.. As the real plan does not include running a football club!

Cool.

:thumbsup:

I'll give it a listen then.

Like yourself - saw the posts and gave it a listen.

Reasonable interview - really good to see someone suggest that the SPL2 threat was 'inappropriate' :thumbsup:

The Gasman

There's got to be a fairly good chance that Staplegate proves Green wanted to lose the vote. Why else would he blatantly rub everyone's nose in it?

Every so often Green seems to come out with something that just makes it look like he wants it all to fail....

Strange...! :unsure:

Tomo reporting that Chocolate Sally is advising not to buy a season ticket.

His position has to be untenable - no way can green allow his manager to publically screw him over.

https://twitter.com/alextomo/status/221199127642509312

Blatant power move.

He knows Green won't be able to afford to keep the club much longer without the season ticket cash.

I'd expect whoever is behind Brown will be using puppet McCoist, just as Uncle Watty did when he made a move for power. He also knows that Green can't sack him.

Typical Rangers behavior.

Hagar the Horrible

Valley parking - where is the valley at Hampden Hagar.

Sausages for fingers????

I P Knightley

Just thought I would add my daily GIRFUY.

GIRFUY

Makes me think of a Private Eye spoof:

Principal Celebrant: GIRFUY

Congregation: RFUY

FarmerTweedy

ALL these doom and gloom merchants against scottish footy makes mie sick,i live in England,visit relatives in scotland watch many div 2/3 matches and hearts when i can,i see very good talented youngsters coming through,you get fools like mick quinn on talksport sponsored by (old firm rab c nesbit loving sky)who say it is all over for scottish footy talking absolute crap.

This is a MAssive opportunity for teams like hearts,utd,dons to go forward,get more supporters in,fill the grounds and go for 2nd champs league.

Pyramid/play offs is a must,dundee MUST get the spl place..

"no no huns at home,no ibrox to sadden my eyes,no walter no smith no sally no cheats,everyday is the 4th of july"

Agree with almost all you say except would point out that Scotland's UEFA coefficient ranking has dropped, and next season (and probably for some seasons to come), there is only one CL spot available. Also bear in mind that it's a spot in the qualifying rounds, so does not come with the untold riches of a group stage place!

colinmaroon

Charles Green's Powerpoint presentation is a masterpiece!

http://www.telegraph...brox-newco.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good grief!

What kind of business have these amateurs been involved in? Selling dodgy DVD's out of a car boot?

I could have done better with an old overhead projector, acetate and a few felt tip pens.

I'm guessing everyone outside Scotland sees it this way, they just don't give a shit about diddy football leagues in a diddy country.

They probably care as much as we do about Lithuanian basketball.

Sadly true, trying to discuss this on boards down south is impossible. Basically it's either "everyone hates Rangers except Hearts" - which I find hugely amusing, or "who gives a ****". Oh and the "Scottish Football is dead without the OF" stuff.

The Gasman

Blatant power move.

He knows Green won't be able to afford to keep the club much longer without the season ticket cash.

I'd expect whoever is behind Brown will be using puppet McCoist, just as Uncle Watty did when he made a move for power. He also knows that Green can't sack him.

Typical Rangers behavior.

Agreed LC, but they're playing a very dangerous game, and for very high stakes. They're already toiling for time, and each day with no resolution, is a day closer to the possibility of no Rangers NewCo playing anywhere next season.... :unsure:

mickmaroon

Makes me think of a Private Eye spoof:

Principal Celebrant: GIRFUY

Congregation: RFUY

Well played ...

Don't squids die if you take them out of water? :unsure:

No, you're thinking of fish.

Squids excel out of water, as they retain water in their system.

They have been found starting small societies in the middle of some of the driest deserts on earth.

They are entitled to do so, but it's pretty much only going to happen if someone has photographic evidence of Green and McCoist indulging in an orgy with all the chairmen's wives.

To be fair, with McCoist that's a distinct possibility.

The Gasman

What kind of business have these amateurs been involved in? Selling dodgy DVD's out of a car boot?

As opposed to selling dodgy LP's out of a car boot - like how Vlad started off. :whistling:

:P

• Maple Leaf locked this topic