Jason Thomson

Horatio Caine

Just watched the highlights of the Dunfermline v Hobos from the weekend. Our man Thomson in really good form. According to reports he's been doing really well in every match so far this season.

Yet there was nothing but slagging him off on here when he played for us. So what's the Pars doing right? Or what are we doing wrong?

He never really got a run of games when he played for us (i.e. 5+ games in a row). Still, I must admit I am surprised how well he is doing there.

The last run of games he got just before he went to Pars, I thought he was playing really well. Ive always been a fan of him but admit he did have a slump in form for a while

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The last run of games he got just before he went to Pars, I thought he was playing really well. Ive always been a fan of him but admit he did have a slump in form for a while

Me too. Dependable and under-rated for a long time. :ninja:

Just watched the highlights of the Dunfermline v Hobos from the weekend. Our man Thomson in really good form. According to reports he's been doing really well in every match so far this season.

Yet there was nothing but slagging him off on here when he played for us. So what's the Pars doing right? Or what are we doing wrong?

Not convinced JT will ever be a top player but he does seem to be playing well enough with Dunfy just now.

It may be a confidence thing. With Dunfy he'll be a bigger fish in a smaller pool and a continued run of games will help with confidence. With us he would know that one, or two, bad games and he's out because we have more players of a higher standard to choose from. That situation could cause him to be less relaxed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

[/b]

Not convinced JT will ever be a top player but he does seem to be playing well enough with Dunfy just now.

It may be a confidence thing. With Dunfy he'll be a bigger fish in a smaller pool and a continued run of games will help with confidence. With us he would know that one, or two, bad games and he's out because we have more players of a higher standard to choose from. That situation could cause him to be less relaxed.

Absolutely it is.

Its pretty simple really.

At hearts, he was a squad player.

At dunfermline, he is a first choice player.

Dunfermline are more JT's level than Hearts are, with all due respect to all parties concerned.

His lack of pace holds him back IMO, but I've never really thought he's played as bad as people on here make out. Always thought he was defensively solid but maybe not as good going forward but he's flourishing at Dunfermline. It's good to see he's playing regularly and playing well.

I have a feeling that lower half of the SPL is about his level though.

Sorry but I watched that game in full... whether you like him as a lad or no, he is never hearts quality! Fair play to him for doin well over there but his decision making / composure / ability / passing / and even athleticism is never going to see him as a regular for the famous! IMO of course!

Very poor player.

Really has no talent with the ball at his feet but he can defend to lower half SPL level.

Better for all parties concerned if he stays there. Do they have anyone that might interest us in a potential swap deal?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Very poor player.

Really has no talent with the ball at his feet but he can defend to lower half SPL level.

Better for all parties concerned if he stays there. Do they have anyone that might interest us in a potential swap deal?

The wee ginger boy that plays RB seems to be doing well... :ninja:

Only kidding, as much as I think he is a better player than he is given credit for, Hamill and McGowan seem to be well in control here just now. :thumbsup:

Very poor player.

They've got too boys Kirk and McCann.

They could do a job.

:ninja:

Very poor player.

Cue Andy Kirk thread... :lol:

Hmm... reading the replies then makes me think it's another divided opinion situation about right back.

We're really good at that.

Wasn't that bad really without being a world-beater, tried his heart out in every game, and always seemed to play well against Hibs :)

Bit injury prone though. Maybe suffered from not getting a decent run in the team, should stay at Dunfermline and get a regular game.

he is doing well in a team that are not expected to do that well in the SPL.

Therefore expectation of him are lower.

hence why he appears to be performing better.

Who's the other thomson lad at dafc? Another ginger kid.

I like jason but I don't think he'll ever be a first choice player here.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

People were saying he was worse than Robbie (aye a know) 'the tackle' Neilson. :lol:

Why are you laughing? He definitely is?

Do you think he'll ever play for Scotland, captain Hearts, play in the Championship or win a trophy?

Didn't think so.

Do you think he'll ever play for Scotland, captain Hearts, play in the Championship or win a trophy?

Didn't think so.

Indeed.

Robbie was limited.

Thomson isn't as good as that.

Didn't think so.

No I don't think he'll play for Scotland.

Don't think he'll captian Hearts.

Win a trophy? Possibly.

Will he be better than Robbie? Yes

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Win a trophy? Possibly.

If you don't think he can match his achievements I fail to see how you come to the conclusion he's a better player.

Just because he fluffed a shot and a Hibs *** scored an og?

Win a trophy? Possibly.

Is this a game of oxymorons?

Is this a game of oxymoron's?

No, I think he's currently better than him. Doesn't take much though. A truly horrendus footballer and how he ever managed to get so many games with us god only knows, never mind captain us.

No, I think he's currently better than him. Doesn't take much though. A truly horrendus footballer and how he ever managed to get so many games with us god only knows, never mind captain us.

Calm yourself :lol:

You're off your bean old chap if you think that currently JT is better than RN ever was. Im not saying Robbie was brilliant, but he served a purpose and never really let us down. A 6/10 in Championship Manager terms. JT however, had some stinking games for us.

Please give me some examples of how you came to this conclusion that JT is a superior player to RN.

You're off your bean old chap if you think that currently JT is better than RN ever was. Im not saying Robbie was brilliant, but he served a purpose and never really let us down. A 6/10 in Championship Manager terms. JT however, had some stinking games for us.

Please give me some examples of how you came to this conclusion that JT is a superior player to RN.

JT is better going forward. (That's not a complement) and IMO is nearly on par with his defensive ability.

Hamill and McGowan are both far superior, he may as well make the Dunfermline move permanent as he now has no hope of getting back into the Hearts starting 11, what's the betting he scores against us next month though.

winston churchill

Saw a headline over some boy's shoulder this morning that he wants to stay there permanently.

Nae bother son :D

Hes a bottom six/top half of the first division standard of player.

JT is better going forward. (That's not a complement) and IMO is nearly on par with his defensive ability.

Robbie Neilson must have been glad that a lot of top managers didn't share the same view of him as some supporters.

mahgrassyshoes

He's solid defensively, and being at a club like Dunfermline that is going to be the primary objective. I always thought he got the better of Riordan in the Derbies he played.

Going forward he's not really all that good. Nobody will convince me he wasn't shooting against hibs. He got very lucky there for me.

Who's the other thomson lad at dafc? Another ginger kid.

I like jason but I don't think he'll ever be a first choice player here.

dunno about dunfy but jasons brother danny is on loan at the moment... east fife or raith, i can't recall which.

apparently a decent player but i've never seen him play

Very poor player.

what happens if ,god forbid, he scores against the jamtarts :o

Gregory House M.D.

Its pretty simple really.

At hearts, he was a squad player.

At dunfermline, he is a first choice player.

Dunfermline are more JT's level than Hearts are, with all due respect to all parties concerned.

The SPL you mean? :unsure:

rudi must stay

haven't seen him play for them. But if he's scoring goals then he might have a chance at us again, defensively he was always good but he did was poor going forward.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I see what you did there.

Are you suggesting that Hibs are on the same level as Rangers?

I am... Berwick Rangers are easily as good as Hibernian.

what happens if ,god forbid, he scores against the jamtarts :o

presumably the terms of the loan means he can't play against us? If that's the case then their back up right-back must be horrendous so we really need to exploit that area!

linkin- hearts

I am... Berwick Rangers are easily as good as Hibernian.

The Texas Rangers could probably match the quality of football played by the Leith flairmeisters :whistling:

Ive watched JT twice this season, both times he has played ok, much the same as he played for us. Ok at the back but lets the winger get in too many crosses. He gets forward alot, as he did with us but is wasteful more than half the time. Even at the pars some of his crosses are woeful, some are ok. Pretty much the same player we got rid off, he was poor in our team and looks ok for the pars. When we play them put temps on him and he will run him ragid.

Archived