The Riccarton 4

Clerry Jambo

I watched Jason Holt a few times last year and seen him play for Pinkie School when he was younger. He has a big future, very very good player.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"... The new manager is my kind of coach... "

"... They speak to us on a daily basis and we are part of a team here now... "

"... I've watched his coaching as well and it's first class. He wants to get the ball down and pass it and that's what we've been trying to at youth level here for two or three years now... "

Promising noises from Murray and perhaps Sergio will be the right coach at the right time for a crop of young players that appear to promise so much? Hope so.

Surprisingly decent article from Banderson and the EEN.

Cheers Clerry. :)

If the powers that be would reintroduce a reserve league then a lot of these lads would progress further and hopefully encourage teams to keep them on, instead of looking for a finished article at 17/18 yrs old. Sounds promising, not just about good players in the youth set-up but the spirit of co-operation between the coaching staff at all levels, creating a good morale base to work from :thumbsup:

Would love to see the day where we have a team with 4 or 5 homebred players who help take us to a new level.

That they come as the full package...ability, attitude, mentality, hunger to be the best....and grab us by the scruff of the neck and drag us to success....One player who has shown that in patches is Robinson but with his rare appearances as yet and no real run of games its hard to judge.

Italian Lambretta

It maybe suggests that JJ wasn't to enthused about the u19 team.

"... The new manager is my kind of coach... "

"... They speak to us on a daily basis and we are part of a team here now... "

"... I've watched his coaching as well and it's first class. He wants to get the ball down and pass it and that's what we've been trying to at youth level here for two or three years now... "

Promising noises from Murray and perhaps Sergio will be the right coach at the right time for a crop of young players that appear to promise so much? Hope so.

Surprisingly decent article from Banderson and the EEN.

Cheers Clerry. :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Italian Lambretta,

Interesting take on it mate. I think we all regard things from a loose point of view without meaning to and then the more inteligent amongst us then make and informed idea by comparing the evidence from all sides and relating it to our our original hunch. :)

What is interesting though is that when I read that link, my first thought was: "that sounds as though Murray was not overly enamoured with JJ and his methods and that he feels more part of things under PS."

Not made my mind up on PS but... There does appear to be an ever growing list of people involved with the club who are speaking up for him.

Excellent article and encouraging that PS and his assistants are taking a keen interest in the young lads. I think once the team is settled and more comfortable playing the system PS wants we'll see more of the younger lads getting a chance and from what we've heard from the guys who go to the U19's games about the way they play it should be easier for them to adjust.

Not wanting to knock JJ or any of the previous managers but it's better to have the first team and youth teams all playing the same way, it's how it's done at bigger clubs and really how it should be done everywhere.

I think the most exciting thing is Gordon, Berra and Wallace were part of our 'Golden Generation'.

With the example of Hibs 'Golden Generation' (they were always going to have that generation before any other club in the world) does this mean I can look forward to them gracing Tynecastle again shortly, slightly over-weight, less mobile and medal-less?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Gordon, Berra and Wallace ever return, two already have medals and I would be speachless if Wallace didn't pick one or two up in the next couple of seasons. :)

How far is Holt from the 1st team? Dont you think he deserves a go soon?

file_42.jpg

He is this much away from the firs team, when he can finish that and bench press double his weight he'll get a go!!

if they give me everything then I will make sure I try to do certain things for them afterwards. I try to get players sorted out with clubs and I speak to people about their attributes. If a boy comes in here and works extremely hard over two or three years, if he's diligent and conscientious but maybe isn't quite good enough to go and make it in our first team, we will go out of our way to get that boy a club.

Sounds a decent sort does DM.

I'm fair looking forward to seeing Jason Holt in the first team too.

At the 19's game last Friday, and the parents of some of the Celtic players were saying that, in Jason Holt, we potentially have a great player on our hands. Hopefully he gets some game time in the 1st team this season.

encouraging news re: holt. How long before he displaces Adrian Pole though? Hopefully not that long :)

Looks as though it could be a while CC, but i'm with you on this :thumbsup:

Excellent article and encouraging that PS and his assistants are taking a keen interest in the young lads. I think once the team is settled and more comfortable playing the system PS wants we'll see more of the younger lads getting a chance and from what we've heard from the guys who go to the U19's games about the way they play it should be easier for them to adjust.

Not wanting to knock JJ or any of the previous managers but it's better to have the first team and youth teams all playing the same way, it's how it's done at bigger clubs and really how it should be done everywhere.

PS does indeed keep a keen eye on the U19's. He regularly asks DM for a small number (max 3) of specific ones to join in with the 1st team. He uses this as a reward for them training and performing well with the U19's which I think is an excellent approach.

He definitely seems to like McHattie.

PS does indeed keep a keen eye on the U19's. He regularly asks DM for a small number (max 3) of specific ones to join in with the 1st team. He uses this as a reward for them training and performing well with the U19's which I think is an excellent approach.

He definitely seems to like McHattie.

The more I hear about PS the more smitten I become :wub:

jamboinglasgow

I think it can be easy for fans to knock the previous manager when a new one comes in and put a lot of blame on them. I just think that Paulo Sergio's and JJ's style to bringing through the young players at Hearts was different (that doesn't nessecarly mean one was better then other.)

Some did similar things, JJ often had a couple of under 19s training with the first team for experence, for example. I think JJ's style (at least second time around) was to bring youngsters in more gradually, most building up experience on loan before they would come in with the odd exception or two (think we would have seen cameo appearances from Prychnenko and Holt this season had JJ remained in charge.)

Paulo Sergio is different, he is more (this is more an educated guess based on what I have seen and heard) a coach who builds them up quicker. Look at bringing in a conditioning coach who has been working mainly on the under 19s at the moment. It looks like he is building up their fitness and physique so he can slot them into the first team. I do think we have a manager who wants to play the youngsters and knows how to bring them through. As others have said having the youth teams already playing the same style as the new manager is a big positive and important to bringing them through. It will interesting to see what else he does while he is at Hearts as I think he will modernise the whole set-up if we give him a chance and reap huge benefits from it.

Gregory House M.D.

Wouldn't mind seeing Holt & co. in the team tomorrow. 4-3-3 with:

MacDonald

McGowan Zaliukas Jonsson McHattie

Holt Obua Robinson

Novikovas Smith Taouil

jamboinglasgow

Wouldn't mind seeing Holt & co. in the team tomorrow. 4-3-3 with:

MacDonald

McGowan Zaliukas Jonsson McHattie

Holt Obua Robinson

Novikovas Smith Taouil

Holt wont be in the team tomorrow as he will be away on international duty with the Scotland under 19 team.

Great thread.

Really looking forward to these lads stepping up. Sounds like PS will get them involved quicker if they are good enough.

It's obvious that Murray has been doing it Paulo's way for a few years. I just wonder if there's a "connection" with Vlad's decision to "change direction"!!!

Gregory House M.D.

Holt wont be in the team tomorrow as he will be away on international duty with the Scotland under 19 team.

Oh I forgot all about that. Well stick Taouil in his place, move Smith to the left and stick Sutton up front. :)

Taouil, Sutton, Jonsson, Obua, Zaliukas and MacDonald providing experience, the rest providing youth trained the way Paulo likes.

McHattie needs a few games against lesser teams so he's got some experience if Danny Grainger is out.

jamboinglasgow

Oh I forgot all about that. Well stick Taouil in his place, move Smith to the left and stick Sutton up front. :)

Taouil, Sutton, Jonsson, Obua, Zaliukas and MacDonald providing experience, the rest providing youth trained the way Paulo likes.

McHattie needs a few games against lesser teams so he's got some experience if Danny Grainger is out.

I would like to see Prychnenko instead of Holt in that team, as you need a defensive midfielder. Though I imagine the actual team wont be as many fringe players just because Ayr United cant be underestimated.

Gregory House M.D.

I would like to see Prychnenko instead of Holt in that team, as you need a defensive midfielder. Though I imagine the actual team wont be as many fringe players just because Ayr United cant be underestimated.

Wasn't sure whether Denis was injured. I'd agree but with DM's comments on He and Sergios style, that team might fit well. Who knows though, maybe not see any youngsters start and see them if/when we get a good lead. Could we maybe see Brad Mckay?

Haven't seen anything of Tapping whilst Jack Hamilton the goalie is still quite young - former U19 goalie Mark Ridgers getting rave reports from East Fife's win over Aberdeen tonight.

Jason Holt, Jamie Walker and Dave Smith were the best players in their age group at U15 & U17's and remain so in the current U19's group. If Jamie Walker can keep his fitness then it won't be long before he too is mentioned as one of the best prospects.

Others to keep an eye on are Mullen, McHattie and younger ones are Chris Tobin and Billy King.

Nice to hear that Paulo is getting some of the younger lads who are impressing involved with the first team, the young'uns need to know that by working hard and showing ability they can progress with Hearts.

Nothing better than seeing your homebred youngsters making their way into the top team :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Is the Ryan Wallace at East Fife an on loan Hearts player too? If so, where does he fit in to the scheme of things at his parent club?

Is the Ryan Wallace at East Fife an on loan Hearts player too? If so, where does he fit in to the scheme of things at his parent club?

I don't think he is Mothy, but I'm sure someone with better knowledge than me will be along shortly to confirm :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't think he is Mothy, but I'm sure someone with better knowledge than me will be along shortly to confirm :thumbsup:

Oh right... His name rings a wee bell... Maybe a player we released or something? :ermm:

Oh right... His name rings a wee bell... Maybe a player we released or something? :ermm:

He was released, been doing very well for East Fife though which ties in with what Darren Murray said about helping the young lads who don't make it at Hearts.

It was pleasing to see all their goal scorers were ex Hearts players and Ridgers saved 3 pens :D

Jambof3tornado

It's obvious that Murray has been doing it Paulo's way for a few years. I just wonder if there's a "connection" with Vlad's decision to "change direction"!!!

This is becoming much more apparent as time goes on. And our success in the U19 league is not just down to Darren's style of coaching but down to the fact he has been there for some time and thats despite numerous 1st team coach changes.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He was released, been doing very well for East Fife though which ties in with what Darren Murray said about helping the young lads who don't make it at Hearts.

It was pleasing to see all their goal scorers were ex Hearts players and Ridgers saved 3 pens :D

Ah, thought he was on our books at some point. :)

So that's on loan Jambos...

Ridgers: Three penalty saves.

Park: 25 yard screamer in to the top corner.

Ogelby: Set up East Fife's opening goal and scored a penalty.

Former Jambos...

Wallace: Goal scorer.

Sloan: Goal scorer.

Bet there's some woolly mumpers up North this morning. B)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Mothy,

On loan Jambo Rob Ogelby also set up East Fife's opening goal and scored in the penalty shoot out. :)

Cheers Chuck! fixed that. :thumbsup:

Archived