Hibs manager BB with JJ as assistant?

david mcgee

Has this scenario crossed anybody elses mind?

Calderwood wont last, he is a disaster as a communicator and is better suited as an assistant manager.

As his family still live down South and he knows he is out of his depth, come January i can see him taking the easy option and heading back South where he can earn as much for being no.2.

Brown fancies a shot at management and if Hibs results improve between now and January he will take a deal of credit for that improvement.

The Hibs fans are fairly acceptable to his appointment as he has always been a hibby and the Tache would see him as an experienced cheap option.

He would need an assistant and who would he turn to first?

A certain JJ with whom he has played second fiddle to for 23 years would have to be willing to play the lesser role but at his age and with limited opportunities in Scotland he might be tempted.

I know some Hibs fans that would take JJ as manager but many more would not because of his Hearts connection.

However as assistant manager this might be acceptable to a number of hibees. ( but would it appeal to JJ? )

I know there are a lot of "if, buts and maybes", but stranger things happen in football.

Just remember, Duffy and Rix being in charge at Tynecastle. ( who would have thunk that?)

Don't think it will. For starters, neither BB or CC are managers. They're coaches... and as shown well by Calderwood, are a complete different level to good managers, who get the best out of players.

Secondly, I think there is just too much Jambo blood running through JJ's veins to get a job as Manager/Assistant. I don't think he would do it, as I think it would effectively damage his reputation with Hearts fans.

So yeah, don't think the scenario will ever happen, quite honestly.

No, lets put aside the hibs thing for now, the simple fact is that for 23 years they have had a certain dynamic to their relationship, to try and change that would, in my opinion fail miserably

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So... Former Hearts player, captain and manager, a supporter, a Scottish Cup winner and guy who has dominated Hibs for most of his managerial career? Would he want to go to that pishy wee insignificant club as a number two? That is what you are asking?

I am in no way ITK but... PUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEE! :D

tartofmidlothian

Know what you mean about Rix and Duffy, but this seems far less likely. Can't help thinking JJ will take the DoF job with us eventually. He doesn't need to worry about not taking Brown to his next job at least.

Hibs can simply GTF if they are considering moving for JJ in future.

The great man wouldn't give that shower of shyte the steam off his pish.

Has this scenario crossed anybody elses mind?

Calderwood wont last, he is a disaster as a communicator and is better suited as an assistant manager.

As his family still live down South and he knows he is out of his depth, come January i can see him taking the easy option and heading back South where he can earn as much for being no.2.

Brown fancies a shot at management and if Hibs results improve between now and January he will take a deal of credit for that improvement.

The Hibs fans are fairly acceptable to his appointment as he has always been a hibby and the Tache would see him as an experienced cheap option.

He would need an assistant and who would he turn to first?

A certain JJ with whom he has played second fiddle to for 23 years would have to be willing to play the lesser role but at his age and with limited opportunities in Scotland he might be tempted.

I know some Hibs fans that would take JJ as manager but many more would not because of his Hearts connection.

However as assistant manager this might be acceptable to a number of hibees. ( but would it appeal to JJ? )

I know there are a lot of "if, buts and maybes", but stranger things happen in football.

Just remember, Duffy and Rix being in charge at Tynecastle. ( who would have thunk that?)

moron.jpg

No, canny see JJ going anywhere near hibs in any case he's the boss.

I agree with tartofmid, can see JJ in the DoF job. JJ is good at spotting scottish talent and players in the scottish game this time round stevo, kyle grainger, hammil,taouil have all been good signings.

The combination of JJ's knowledge of the scottish game and Paulo's european experience could be be good for Hearts. I just hope the 2 could work together as I'd like to see JJ back as DoF.

I said on another thread yesterday that JJ would be at the Hobos not as BB's no2 but as Manager withh BB taking up his usual position to JJ, I give it a Month people. Neither of them owe Hearts anything, Bills have to be paid :ninja:

I said on another thread yesterday that JJ would be at the Hobos not as BB's no2 but as Manager withh BB taking up his usual position to JJ, I give it a Month people. Neither of them owe Hearts anything, Bills have to be paid :ninja:

Absolute nonsense.

Im thinking what job would pay more; Hibs Manger under Petrie, or Hearts DOF under Vlad.

Bill need to be paid.

If they two haven't got enough squirreled away by now to pay bills what with all the money they'll have earned throughout their careers then they need to have a look at themselves.

JJ will be at Aberdeen by the end of the year.

No, canny see JJ going anywhere near hibs in any case he's the boss.

I agree with tartofmid, can see JJ in the DoF job. JJ is good at spotting scottish talent and players in the scottish game this time round stevo, kyle grainger, hammil,taouil have all been good signings.

The combination of JJ's knowledge of the scottish game and Paulo's european experience could be be good for Hearts. I just hope the 2 could work together as I'd like to see JJ back as DoF.

Certainly, JJ's signings (you missed Webster) have been mostly good (same as first time round, Cameron, Fulton, Weir, if I had the time I could name dozens more), so I'd be delighted to have him back as DoF or whatever. Is that likely, though?

The prospect of JJ at Hibs and signing some decent players is mildly worrying.

I'd imagine the prospect of him being BB's assistant is unlikely. But however much he is a Hearts man (and he is) if Hibs came up with the right offer I'm sure he'd be amenable, and why not? We sacked him after all.

No to OP.....My view to a Hibby acquaintance the other day was that the Hoboids have positioned Brown to take over from CC once they finally decide to bullet him...

In the papers today Brown talks of still wanting to be a manager....... :whistling:

And JJ wouldn`t touch the Hobos with mine...

You only need to look at hibs.net to see he would never be accepted there, some even preferring to go into administration than having JJ. Some are even worried that he would stitch up a derby and let in 7 or 8 goals........7-0 is all they ever think of.

I don't think JJ would risk everything he has achieved by going there.......it might get tarnished.

In short, no chance of JJ going there.

You only have to look at how quickly the hibs fans turn on one of their own, Sauzee,Collins and Hughes when things aren't going well.

How patient do you think they would be with an ex hearts player/captain/manager at the helm?

For the above reason I don't see jj taking the job if offered.

Absolute nonsense.

Im thinking what job would pay more; Hibs Manger under Petrie, or Hearts DOF under Vlad.

Bill need to be paid.

If they two haven't got enough squirreled away by now to pay bills what with all the money they'll have earned throughout their careers then they need to have a look at themselves.

JJ will be at Aberdeen by the end of the year.

I honestly hope you are all correct...I just have this horrible feeling in my water :blink: These 2 have worked together for the last 23 years :mellow:

Not a chance Jim Jefferies would go there...NOT A CHANCE!

:ninja:

Think JJ will be financially sound enough to pay bills etc. without having to resort to joining that mob. :rolleyes:

More likely to be seen sitting on Princes St with a blanket and a scabby wee dug if he was that desperate for more Wonga. B)

Certainly, JJ's signings (you missed Webster) have been mostly good (same as first time round, Cameron, Fulton, Weir, if I had the time I could name dozens more), so I'd be delighted to have him back as DoF or whatever. Is that likely, though?

The prospect of JJ at Hibs and signing some decent players is mildly worrying.

I'd imagine the prospect of him being BB's assistant is unlikely. But however much he is a Hearts man (and he is) if Hibs came up with the right offer I'm sure he'd be amenable, and why not? We sacked him after all.

I forgot all about sicknotester. Cameron, Fulton , Weir and Mccann as well if only they were in amongst JJ's most recent signings!

I'm not sure if it would work as DoF, the previous manager looking over Paulo's shoulder might casue a bit of conflict. Perhaps a good appointment in 16 months or so whistling.gif

Its true what you say about the right offer, I just like to think he would n't go to Hibs hopefully BB will get the gig when CC is booted out.

Archived