BBC Highlights

Eckauskas

Is it just me who enjoys hearing the sound of supporters going mental after a goal?

It's blatantly obvious that the feminine, nasal sounding **** doing the commentary of the game wasn't at the game, but is commentating on the highlights package Sky sent them.

Just sums up how small time the highlights programme is for this division.

Is it just me who enjoys hearing the sound of supporters going mental after a goal?

It's blatantly obvious that the feminine, nasal sounding **** doing the commentary of the game wasn't at the game, but is commentating on the highlights package Sky sent them.

Agreed. I also like the camera to watch the fans after a goal.

The highlights are terrible, every game i see an incident i think mustmake the highlights and never does! :verymad:

I watched the BBC highlights of the OF game today and it seemed to me there was rather uneccessary coverage of the supporters celebrations at each goal. Or is this normal for 'the best derby in the world'.

I watched the BBC highlights of the OF game today and it seemed to me there was rather uneccessary coverage of the supporters celebrations at each goal. Or is this normal for 'the best derby in the world'.

It was for the benefit of MSPs whistling.gif

I quite enjoy watching that melee you only get with a derby goal.

Even if it is the Old Firm one.

Sportscene round-up highlights are pish poor but then I remember a time when there was a fair chance of not seeing you team's highlights at all - so with that in mind, something is at least better than nothing.

However, where they get it wrong is that the crowd noises, generally speaking, are completely snuffed out over the dubbed commentary and that makes less-than-full stadia seem even more desolate.

As already mentioned, another thing Sportscene rarely get right is mixing a player's own personal celebration in with some good crowd shots.

Hambone's ESPN upload shows a good angle of Ryan Stevenson celebrating with the Wheatfield Stand crowd in the background at the recent derby game. Typically, that was cut from Sportscene's Mickey Mouse highlights because a. they don't care about good football telly, b. it would never occur to them anyway and c. even if it did, they'd still cut it in order to squeeze in another shot of Ally McChoisty at Ibrox.

I know I keep banging on about this but I really cannot understand why the Beeb doesn't combine the Sky pictures with the radio commentary it already has for every SPL game ? The chat would be 'live' so any excitement in the voice would be genuine and it would get rid of that dead sound that dubbing introduces. Is it simply that the miserly toads don't have to pay the radio commentators any more ?

I know I keep banging on about this but I really cannot understand why the Beeb doesn't combine the Sky pictures with the radio commentary it already has for every SPL game ? The chat would be 'live' so any excitement in the voice would be genuine and it would get rid of that dead sound that dubbing introduces. Is it simply that the miserly toads don't have to pay the radio commentators any more ?

It's not helped by Liam McLeod.

A man who does not have the voice to be a football commentator.

Jock Brown is how a Scottish football commentator should sound.

Snake Plissken

+1

Liam McLeod's idea of a comment is to identify a player by his nationality. While there may not be a lot he can do about his voice, such lack of depth of analysis is very poor.

Liam McLeod's idea of a comment is to identify a player by his nationality. While there may not be a lot he can do about his voice, such lack of depth of analysis is very poor.

When something big happens, you want you commentator to roar about it.

Not squeak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGMqwbz5CW4

1:34: "THAT'S A GOAL, FOR HEARTS"

How it should be done.

Snake Plissken

When something big happens, you want you commentator to roar about it.

Not squeak.

1:34: "THAT'S A GOAL, FOR HEARTS"

How it should be done.

That's the game.

Keep it simple, let the passion of the crowd filter through

I like his booming, authoritative tones.

Contrast that with LM's squeaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8lRjX5EKM

No contest.

That's the game.

Keep it simple, let the passion of the crowd filter through

I like his booming, authoritative tones.

Contrast that with LM's squeaks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv8lRjX5EKM

No contest.

The words 'HE'S DONE IT!' still give me shivers.

Even the Scottish boy they have doing ESPN has the potential.

Liam McLeod will never utter a soundbite that will live in the memory.

Snake Plissken

The words 'HE'S DONE IT!' still give me shivers.

Even the Scottish boy they have doing ESPN has the potential.

Liam McLeod will never utter a soundbite that will live in the memory.

This chap?

jamboinglasgow

It annoys me as well. I remember it best summed up when we beat Hamilton 4-0 last season on the second game of the season. and first time Callum Elliot got the ball the commentator said "Callum Elliot, who on his day is one of the best strikers in the SPL." It is quite obvious he says that in knowledge that he scored two in the game and had a great game but is made to sound like great knowledge and prediction.

Derek Rae? He's been around since the 80's.

I genuinely don't remember hearing his voice before the 1-2 at Easter Road in 2010.

Archived