Every team needs a back bone , whats yours ?.

Barney Rubble

Kello Eggert Grainger Smith Mcgowan Hammil Stevenson , i reckon every player i have chosen will bleed for the cause who have i missed ?

Randle P McMurphy

by backbone, i thought you meant central spine.

maybe off topic but i think this is where we are deficient at the moment:

kello - yes

webster/zaliukas - maybe

black/mroweic - no

elliott - no

i am not saying there is no place in the team/squad for the 'no's' but centrally in the team is the weakest area right now

By backbone, do you mean those players with a bit of fight who don't turn into jessies, go AWOL or let us down? If so, my vote on that one goes with Kello, Grainger, Eggy, Black, Suso, Stevo & Kyle. Maybe Elliott too. They might not all be the most amazing players in the world but they play like the result means something to them, l appreciate that a lot.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yeah... It depends on the definition of backbone really. The ones Red mentioned have a fair bit of backbone but if you are talking about the spine of the team then you must include 0bua and Taouil for me, they are the only two with the necessary passing ability to make PS's system work as far as I have seen this season.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

By Borthers' definition where reliability is a must then Hammil is there for me too. Trouble is though we would need the ability of two players (the two I keep banging on about) to make the PS system effective and they are perhaps not proven in the reliability stakes yet.

Ah, if it's the traditional sort of spine of the team you're looking for then I probably would give slightly different names. Might add in Zal, Webster, Taouil, Obua & I'd like to think that sometime soon i'd maybe feel comfortable adding Robinson or maybe even Smith to this list but definitely nowhere near it at the moment. I have hopes though...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

The last proper spine we had in the team was Gordon, snake and Hartley.

Can't see many in this team who remind me of that tbh. Kello, that's about it.

Ah, if it's the traditional sort of spine of the team you're looking for then I probably would give slightly different names. Might add in Zal, Webster, Taouil, Obua & I'd like to think that sometime soon i'd maybe feel comfortable adding Robinson or maybe even Smith to this list but definitely nowhere near it at the moment. I have hopes though...

No you were right with your first post players that wont hide is what i meant !

Kello and Zal are there.

Grainger and Hamill certainly complement it.

I'd like Jonsson to be one in midfield. I don't believe Black can be it

Archived