new players ?

quincy adams wagstaff

Don't think any of our starting 11 yesterday would be a first pick for either of the old firm so I'm going to go with a lot.

If we're horribly honest, Kello is probably only one of our squad likely to be a regular starter for either of the Old Firm. Fit and on form, Driver and Templeton might make their squads.

hmm a backup left back, a central defender to partner webster, 3 or 4 midfielders and at least 2 strikers that score at least 2 goals a game. About 30m should do it.

Skacel(06 version).....Jankauskas(06 version).........Harltey (06 version)...........ahem...Pressley(06 version).......Brellier(06 version0.......that`d give us a fighting chance imo!

Kyle fit, Driver fit, Sutton and Rudi in starting eleven. Plus a partner for Webster another midfield player and maybe could do it.

A partner for the biggest sh*tebag at our club? No thanks - A partner for Zal - perhaps.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

how many new players do we need to split the ugly sisters

We need only two new squad members.

Elliott Ness has a history of delaying with powerful and crooked tax dodgers; Rambo has had a lot of practice sorting out the kind of low life you find in Jungles. Draft them in, let them loose and stand back.

After that, the League's ours.

Id take Messi Rooney Bale Gerrard Ronaldo Nani and Appoint Alex Ferguson as Manager, mixed in with the rest of our squad i think weed split them :thumbsup: into a thousand pieces.

HMFC MEGA RICH MULTI BILIONARE REQUIRED ANY TAKERS ?

must be sane and non submarine man if posible.

personally i think we only need 3 players to split the in firm.

a centre half to partner webster.

a centre midfield ace who can collect the ball from defence and spray the pass's to the wingers/forwards.

and a striker who has the workrate of elliott with the finishing of robbo.

i don't want much , would only cost a few million.

MightyBritannia

6-8.

Two centre backs.

A left back.

Two central midfielders.

One right midfielder.

one or two strikers.

That will cost you ?7,000,000 thank you very much!

6-8.

Two centre backs.

A left back.

Two central midfielders.

One right midfielder.

one or two strikers.

the same as Derek Furguson :woot::woot: do me a favour :whistling:

Tall oaks from small acorns grow...............in September 1985 you could have asked the same question and probably got the same answers.

Only 4 goals conceded in 8 matches. That kind of defensive stinginess should keep us collecting points and winning matches if we can keep it up. And that despite juggling Kello/MacDonald and Webster's fitness/commitment being extremely questionable.

Libertonian_II

Minimum midfielder to replace Black, i.e. one who can pass to team-mate with optional shots on target with ability not to get stupid bookings

Also forward with speed to receive passes ahead of opposing donkey(sorry oppostion centre half), strength so not pushed off ball or ability to put ball in back of net when opportunities arise would also be appreciated.

Dat's de minimum we need............

6-8.

Two centre backs.

A left back.

Two central midfielders.

One right midfielder.

one or two strikers.

i think just 1 will do, webster with a partner and zal as back up would be fine IMO

disagree here, think grainger has been our best player and surprised many including myself

cant argue with anything els u said,

Hackney Hearts

.......in September 1985 you could have asked the same question and probably got the same answers.

This is the obvious example to quote when these threads crop up.

From 7th in 84/85 to Joint 1st* in 85/86 with just two additions to the squad (Colquhoun & Iain Jardine - who didn't cost the earth).

And 7th in those days was 4th from bottom - we finished 28 points off the top (42 points in today's money).

*That's the way I prefer to remember it...

Well since we have no recognised right back......

Back up LB, Back up CB and first choice CM and CF

1st/Backup

Kello / McDonald

Hammill / Jonnson

Grainger / ???

Webster / Barr

Zal / ??

?? / Black

Oboua / Mrowiec

Taouill / Temps

Driver / Novi

Stevenson / Elliott

?? / Sutton

This still leaves us with Elliot, Glen, Suso, Kyle, Robinson, Balogh and a few more on loan

showing we still have too many players!!!!!

Think we need between four and eight new players and I don't mean six. A first choice centre half, a back up left back, a right back, two central midfielders (one box to box who can pass and score and a defensive midfielder who can pass- not asking too much, I know), a prolific striker and possibly another goalie.

A right-back, a left-back, a central defender to partner Webster, an attacking midfielder ala Cameron or Hartley, 2 strikers that score a minimum of 15 goals each per season and a more consistant right-winger. Minimum ?10m investment.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

:yas:

This place never disappoints

:jjyay:

You can't help it recurring.

I'll get my coat..... :o

A better centre back than Zaliukas, and one who can fit in for Webster and provide the same level of quality as him when fit.

A box to box midfielder type, who can collect the ball from the back, run with it, get forward, create chances for others.

A centre forward who is smart and mobile, who can get us between 12 and 15 a season. (Sutton might not be mobile, but he is certainly smart and capable of at least 15 a season).

As it stands the players I would personally remove from the team are numerous. There are some who can go and we'd not miss to make way for new blood and better players at that. Barr, Black, Balogh, Mrowiec, Clum, Obua (yeh improvements, but not good enough and if you want to free up money to push on then he has to go too).

We have the makings of a good spine, just need to strengthen the centre of midfield and get a better striker than Elliott to play off Sutton to help create chances and even chip in a few.

Kello

Hammill Webster (another centre-back)Grainger

Taouil(new midfielder) Jonsson Driver (when fit)

Sutton (new striker OR give Smith a chance)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Why do you want to split the Old Firm? That means you want one of them to win the league. Personally I'd rather finish first than second.

Archived