Sutton & Robinson

jambogjh

Did anyone notice after the final whistle once both teams left the field that both Sutton & Robinson return to the pitch for a training session with 1 of the coaches.

No, but thanks for letting us know!!:thumbsup:

Did anyone notice after the final whistle once both teams left the field that both Sutton & Robinson return to the pitch for a training session with 1 of the coaches.

Think I'd maybe start both of them in place of Elliott and Black in the next game.

Watched the game on BBC Alba, missed the game due to work, and I couldn't agree more. Black doesn't fit into Paulo's team, he is not good enough technically to play that style of football. Elliott, was all right, but he wasn't connecting well with a lot of the play that Taouil was creating for him and failed to finish a few chances which a lot of strikers could've gotten too earlier. Sutton is better as a lone striker imo, and Robinson is quicker, a better passer and looks more comfortable on the ball than Black. SO it would seem a no brainer to go down this road. Should give it a shot in Ayr this week.

Watched the game on BBC Alba, missed the game due to work, and I couldn't agree more. Black doesn't fit into Paulo's team, he is not good enough technically to play that style of football. Elliott, was all right, but he wasn't connecting well with a lot of the play that Taouil was creating for him and failed to finish a few chances which a lot of strikers could've gotten too earlier. Sutton is better as a loan striker imo, and Robinson is quicker, a better passer and looks more comfortable on the ball than Black. SO it would seem a no brainer to go down this road. Should give it a shot in Ayr this week.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Sutton was great at holding up the ball and bringing others into play at Motherwell so I don't see why he won't be for us.

Black's first touch lets him down way too much to fit into Paulo's game plan.

Noticed that myself. Must have been a reason the two late subs were kept out to do that.

RE: Sutton - he looked like he was running in treacle when he came on, slow as a week in Saughton. Don't think he'll be getting in the team ahead of Elliott, who might well miss chances but works unbelievably hard and performs an important job for the team. Won lots of headers as well.

Would like to see Robinson get more game time but he hasn't exactly been brilliant in his appearances so far and Black did fine yesterday.

I noticed that. It was a bit odd. They stood about for a while talking to one of the coaches. I assumed they were going to be joined by the unused subs but noone arrived and they seemed to be heading back inside when got out the exit. All looked a bit disorganised and Sutton understandably didn't look particularlly impressed.

Noticed that myself. Must have been a reason the two late subs were kept out to do that.

RE: Sutton - he looked like he was running in treacle when he came on, slow as a week in Saughton. Don't think he'll be getting in the team ahead of Elliott, who might well miss chances but works unbelievably hard and performs an important job for the team. Won lots of headers as well.

Would like to see Robinson get more game time but he hasn't exactly been brilliant in his appearances so far and Black did fine yesterday.

I completely see what you mean on Elliott, but he has missed chance after chance recently. At the Dundee Utd game he missed 3 or 4 sitters. He can't hold the ball up well and gets bashed about too much. I think his advantage in energy and running which Sutton lacks can be made up by who you play about him.

Say you went with Sutton up front you could play Templeton and Novikovas or Driver off him on the wings with Taouil in the hole behind him (where I think he looks his best)with Robinson and Jonsson playing in the middle behind them then it completely removes the need for Elliott up front as Sutton holds it up and brings in the rest of them to score or open up the space he needs to score goals. I don't see how Elliott upfront on his own makes much sense anymore with Sutton there. He's better than Elliott, Kyle, Elliot and Glen based on his record so I can't see why with all our other players we need to employ him to bring in pace, energy and determination.

There's a valid reason why sutton is not getting a game. Perfect example was yesterday when after attempting to tackle a st mirren player, he then proceeded to stand about doing nothing, when he should have been closing the defenders down. He needs to improve his work ethic if he wants to start.

I completely see what you mean on Elliott, but he has missed chance after chance recently. At the Dundee Utd game he missed 3 or 4 sitters. He can't hold the ball up well and gets bashed about too much. I think his advantage in energy and running which Sutton lacks can be made up by who you play about him.

Say you went with Sutton up front you could play Templeton and Novikovas or Driver off him on the wings with Taouil in the hole behind him (where I think he looks his best)with Robinson and Jonsson playing in the middle behind them then it completely removes the need for Elliott up front as Sutton holds it up and brings in the rest of them to score or open up the space he needs to score goals. I don't see how Elliott upfront on his own makes much sense anymore with Sutton there. He's better than Elliott, Kyle, Elliot and Glen based on his record so I can't see why with all our other players we need to employ him to bring in pace, energy and determination.

PS is not going to build a team around Sutton. You can forget that idea.

He may be better at scoring goals, mate, but from his performances for Hearts he hasn't shown anything to suggest he is a better player than the likes of Elliott. He's been slow and lazy and doesn't deserve to start at the moment, to be totally honest. I know what you're saying about covering for that with the rest of the selection, but I just don't think he's good enough to rebuild the entire side to fit around.

While I understand it's frustrating seeing him miss them, Elliott has at least been getting in the positions to miss the chances, which shows his intelligence and suggests he could quite easily go on a run of goals if he gets a bit of confidence.

Sutton & Shearer up front?

Duncan Shearer might not have much resale value these days pal. Don't see Mr Romanov sanctioning the deal. :(

Watched the game on BBC Alba, missed the game due to work, and I couldn't agree more. Black doesn't fit into Paulo's team, he is not good enough technically to play that style of football. Elliott, was all right, but he wasn't connecting well with a lot of the play that Taouil was creating for him and failed to finish a few chances which a lot of strikers could've gotten too earlier. Sutton is better as a lone striker imo, and Robinson is quicker, a better passer and looks more comfortable on the ball than Black. SO it would seem a no brainer to go down this road. Should give it a shot in Ayr this week.

For the life of me i can`t understand why Robinson , at least, hasn`t played more? Maybe there is behind the scenes reasons, i don`t know?, but he has bags of determination and plenty ability. His desire led to our third for Sutton against the Sheep, an example of getting forward from deep.

I don`t want to hear "he wasn`t up to much at Killie", jeez, one quiet game doesn`t merit a dropping.

For the life of me i can`t understand why Robinson , at least, hasn`t played more? Maybe there is behind the scenes reasons, i don`t know?, but he has bags of determination and plenty ability. His desire led to our third for Sutton against the Sheep, an example of getting forward from deep.

I don`t want to hear "he wasn`t up to much at Killie", jeez, one quiet game doesn`t merit a dropping.

thats what i was asking? the players that played at whl why havent those guys had a chance?? smith? johnson wasnt starting yesterday, mcgowan and robinson, i liked the look of robinson, much prefer him to black

Archived