Pleasing Day at the Office!

Ray Winstone

A VERY COMFORTABLE 2-0 win against an 'in-form' team

A style of passing football that is beginning to develop

Going to within 1 point if third place after Motherwell lose

Hibs fail to win again

And most importantly......

Poalo Sergio was ROCKING the shirt and tie with maroon cardigan combo....I am DEFINITELY in love with that man.

:pleasing:

Edit - Mods title should read 'Pleasing' if you would be so kind....

2nd half performance was the best we've played this season, imo, keep going like that and we'll be a tough team to play against. I thought Obua, and Taouil in particular were standouts in the middle of the park. And if you look at the players we had on the bench, encouraging times.

Is pleaiing not something to do with ballet? ::troll:::'>

Not something I would know about Hannibaws..... :interesting:

:smuggy:

I thought we were pretty poor tbh. Elliott was awful up front and the mix in midfield wasn't working - we had no width whatsoever.

I was pleased with the three points but St Mirren were terrible, we'll need to play better than that in our next couple of games if we want to keep winning games.

2nd half performance was the best we've played this season, imo, keep going like that and we'll be a tough team to play against. I thought Obua, and Taouil in particular were standouts in the middle of the park. And if you look at the players we had on the bench, encouraging times.

We played far far better v Rangers.

I thought we were pretty poor tbh. Elliott was awful up front and the mix in midfield wasn't working - we had no width whatsoever.

I was pleased with the three points but St Mirren were terrible, we'll need to play better than that in our next couple of games if we want to keep winning games.

Could not agree more,thought we were piss poor and if that is the style of play Sergio is going we are in for a long hard season.

St Mirren were poor and with a more attacking team playing with wide players we would have ripped them apart!

The White Cockade

we did enough but nothing special

Still feel Rudi and Temps/Novi/Suso would give us far more attacking options

All this talk of "we have changed to playing passing football" is Emperor's New Clothes to me

Just don't see it

We are playing much the same as under JJ but possibly a bit more defensively minded

Could not agree more,thought we were piss poor and if that is the style of play Sergio is going we are in for a long hard season.

St Mirren were poor and with a more attacking team playing with wide players we would have ripped them apart!

This - I'm getting ripped on the match thread fr expressing this view but teams willcomee to tynie, score and we won't be able to get back in it... I honestly thought we were shite... More Csaba than JJ - I hope not

Expected more from them to be honest. They've made some astute signings but most of our difficulties were self inflicted and Jamie Mac won't have an easier win bonus.

Taouil gives us the craft and flair we need in the centre of the park. Played fairly narrow - Black never seems too comfortable playing the right mid role - keeps moving into the centre - but second half both Hamill and Grainger provided some width from the back.

Thought Stevo was fairly quiet by his recent standards but forced the second off Mair. Obua and Egg as good as they needed to be - and good to see Egg getting a CM run. Think he's been a victim of his willingness to play anywhere for the team - I'd like to see if he can kick on and become the player he looked he could be when he broke through.

Not the best game I've ever seen but a win and three points further up the table. :thumbsup:

Not bad at all. We actually played some really nice stuff today and Mehdi and Stevo looked superb at this level. If we can get Temps and Driver fit and firing, we could have a decent team.

I thought the 2 centre halves were both excellent. Mrowiec marked Thompson superbly. Thompson's a big, strong lad and Adrian won everything in the air.

Zal showed some great skill for a central defender as well.

Eggert was quality in centre mid and showed that he probably should be first choice for that position.

I wish Paulo had brought on Sutton for Elliott a wee bit earlier and given him some game time.

Quite enjoyed it today.

If we give PS time, he will develop a good team, capable of beating ANY team in Scotland, he set out today to stifle st mirrens passing game and then dominate, PS clearly does his homework and im looking forward to seeing his plans develope.

Not bad at all. We actually played some really nice stuff today and Mehdi and Stevo looked superb at this level. If we can get Temps and Driver fit and firing, we could have a decent team.

I thought the 2 centre halves were both excellent. Mrowiec marked Thompson superbly. Thompson's a big, strong lad and Adrian won everything in the air.

Eggert was quality in centre mid and showed that he probably should be first choice for that position.

I wish Paulo had brought on Sutton for Elliott a wee bit earlier and given him some game time.

Quite enjoyed it today.

:scenes:

Took a pal along this afternoon because the guy i go to the games with couldn't get away from work. He hasn't been to Tynie for a competitive game for a few years and he was bored oot his tits during the first half. Said that there's nothing happening from midfield to front and the lack of someone up helping Elliott is shocking. Something we should all know already. Played better in the second half and happy to get 3 points but said it's no surprise the atmosphere was crap watching that all the time. Still.... 3 points is 3 points i suppose but it's not that pleasant to watch.

The way some people were going on...you would think we had lost the game FFS.

It is obvious to the REEL PHAN that we are making progress under PS.

I thought we were poor and Str Midden actually broke quicker and more effectively than us.

McGowan for Hamill, Hamill for Jonhson and Johnson for Mrowiec. If PS wants to play a passing game then get the players who can pass in their right positions. I would love to see Robinson get more than a token 5 minutes and also Elliott should have been pulled long before he was.

PS really needs to utilise the substitutes far better than he has been doing. Other than that we won so we shouldnt be too down hearted.

I thought we were poor and Str Midden actually broke quicker and more effectively than us.

McGowan for Hamill, Hamill for Jonhson and Johnson for Mrowiec. If PS wants to play a passing game then get the players who can pass in their right positions. I would love to see Robinson get more than a token 5 minutes and also Elliott should have been pulled long before he was.

PS really needs to utilise the substitutes far better than he has been doing. Other than that we won so we shouldnt be too down hearted.

j&j-powder.jpg

Stevo was excellent again today, Tauoil and Obua had pretty decent performances. Zal had a great game his skill in the 2nd half on the left wing was superb lol and i honestly thought he was getting booked for his blatant dive. Mrowiec aint no centre half so i forgive him for his poor performance. Elliott worked hard all day long so thumbs up from me. Full backs strolled it and blacky was average.

The style we played today was shouting out for rudi to play in behind elliott. Obviously not trying hard enough in training coz he's easily our most talented player and would score plenty and set up plenty in that team.

Who else was praying for Sutton to bag one today? Feel sorry for him, i like him and think he should be in the team.

It was a good 3 points, but against tougher opposition this system is going to cause problems as this pool of players are not right for it. Square peg, round hole.

jambos are go!

like it or hate it it was a change from last season when teams were able to overrun our midfield in the second half at Tynecastle

alicante jambo

3 points/2 goals scored and a clean sheet thatl do lads well done.Ok we played dire but if it were rangers or celtic and the same situation occured we would all be on here gloating.

Agree about Elliott, he just does not cut it for me. No pace, urgency and most of all does not seem to have an eye for goal, not great when you are supposed to be a striker.

I didnt see the game. How did the midfield line up? Was it Obua and Stevo out wide?

It was more a 4-3-3 with Eggert Obua and Black in midfield and Stevo Taouil and Elliott the front three.

Quite enjoyed it today.

You've said everything I would have.

:thumbsup:

Still a bit tippy tappy a lot of the time IMO.

Would like to see more movement in the final third and more incisive passing from midfield but do think we're heading in the right direction under PS.

We need the strikers to up their workrate in and around the box. That for me is the weakest part of our gameplan.

Firstly we controlled the game and could of go and away with a couple more goals. But if we want to pass the ball, when the defence has it black/eggy need to show for it, the amount of times they were static whe the game was passed around them, we are crying out for a box to box midfielder in this style of team.

Also when temps came on the pace quickened and we turned good possession play into attack well.

For me pass marks to most apart from black/eggy/elliott

Don't think we were very good at all tbh, but we controlled the match, played some half decent stuff in spells and were never under threat against a team that were supposed to be contenders to take us. Almost an OF type performance in a way - dull as dishwater, but let's have it right, you'll take that every week if the outcome is the same.

Archived