Obua - 7 tidy and simple play

Taouil - 8 excellent MOTM

Stevenson - 7 good game

Elliot - 6 works hard

Subs

Temps - 6 looked sharp

Sutton - no time

Robinson - notime

Overall easy game, whole team strolled it, maybe could have threatened more but will take the points. Would have liked to have seen Rudi get a run out but the bench today shows we have strength and depth to the squad.

MacDonald - 6 - Quiet game for him

Hamill - 7 - Well taken penalty earns him an extra point

Grainger - 6 - Solid and worked hard. Delivery was disappointing at times

Jonsson - 7 - Worked well. Deserves a run in there

Zaliukas - 8 - Man of the match. Very good today

Mrowiec - 7 - Solid game out of position

Taouil - 8 - At the heart of all the good moves we produced

Black - 6 - Worked hard and got stuck in

Stevenson - 7 - Unlucky not to score

Elliott - 6 - Worked hard but never looked threatening

Obua - 7 - Some very nice touches and one player who has blossomed under Sergio

Subs

Templeton - 2 - One good run

Sutton - 1 - No time

Robinson - 1 - No time

Agree bar Black and Grainger.Another stupid booking,getting beyond a joke with Black.Works hard but some poor passing and a dreadful shot in the first half so i give him 5.

Grainger a 7,up and down the wing all day,defended well and a lot of good balls in.

Geoff Kilpatrick

how did mrowiec do at CB? is it worth keeping him there with jonsson in midfield?

I think Zal looked more comfortable with him than he does with No 6. Interesting that Zal played on the left and Mrowiec on the right, whereas with No 6 the roles are reversed.

Where are people getting the 7 and 8's from ? Thought we were pretty poor for most of the game against a St Mirren side who lacked unbelievably less ideas than us.

From Perth to Paisley

I think Zal looked more comfortable with him than he does with No 6. Interesting that Zal played on the left and Mrowiec on the right, whereas with No 6 the roles are reversed.

Zal has played on the left all season. Granted "no 6" played there with pressley.

MacDonald - 6 - Quiet game for him

Hamill - 7 - Well taken penalty earns him an extra point

Zaliukas - 8 - Man of the match. Very good today

Mrowiec - 7 - Solid game out of position

What game were you at! Stevenson scored!

Zal???

Did you listen on the radio?

Taouil - 8 - At the heart of all the good moves we produced

Black - 6 - Worked hard and got stuck in

Stevenson - 7 - Unlucky not to score

Elliott - 6 - Worked hard but never looked threatening

Obua - 7 - Some very nice touches and one player who has blossomed under Sergio

Subs

Sutton - 1 - No time

Robinson - 1 - No time

Bigmac it's easier to read your posts when you don't put it in the middle of the post you quoted.

It was an OG Stevo didnt score

Libertonian_II

Right result obtained by industrial grade football. When I saw the team I wasn't exactly overflowing with confidence. Didn't think there was any goals in it

McDonald 6 not a lot to do

Hamill 6 corners were rubbish today.

Mroviec 6 as long as all he has to is header or kick the ball away, he's comfortable

Zaliukas 8 no bombscares and some good defending MoTM

Grainger 6 final delivery let him down

Stevenson 6 for the goal but pedestrian otherwise

Black 4 can't pass and still gives away silly free kicks.

Taoiul 8 good second half display and added a wee bit flair and skill

Jonsson 6 Much better in the second half but caught in possession at times

Obua 7 good defensive work. Solid display

Elliot 2 how did it it take him so long to get hooked?

Sutton 2 no time

Templeton 3 couple of good runs

Robinson 1 no time

Where are people getting the 7 and 8's from ? Thought we were pretty poor for most of the game against a St Mirren side who lacked unbelievably less ideas than us.

You speak the truth.

Apart from the 3 points.....Taouil was the only plus point in what was a pretty gash match.

Zal has played on the left all season. Granted "no 6" played there with pressley.

Yes that's right - it's not improved Zal's distribution playing on that side of defence.

Comfortable game - we just starved them of the ball and the most threatening they appeared was when we made a mistake. Tops for us were Taouil - could take the ball with his back to goal and still go forward, and Egg who had a decent game in midfield. Interesting decision to slot Adrian Pole back into defence and not Egg.

Happy with 3 points and a clean sheet - has Sutton lost some of the weight he seemed to be carrying at the start of the season and been working on fitness?

You speak the truth.

Apart from the 3 points.....Taouil was the only plus point in what was a pretty gash match.

Really? What about a clean sheet, Obua playing well, Eggert back in CM?

You speak the truth.

Yep, look how we played in the first game of the season and people are handing out 7's and 8's like confetti for that.

MacDonald - 5 - Kicking was awful. Nothing else to do.

Hamill - 7 - Well taken penalty.

Grainger - 7 - Solid enough.

Zaliukas - 7 - For his run and nutmeg.

Mrowiec - 6 - OK.

Taouil - 7 - Played well.

Black - 5 - Needless booking.

Stevenson - 7 - Done ok.

Elliott - 6 - Worked hard.

Obua - 8 - Played well and my MOTM

Subs

Sutton - 1 - No time

Robinson - 1 - No time

MacDonald 6 Nothing to do, poor kicking.

Hamill 5 Decent pen, but dived in a lot today

Zaliukas 6 Did what he had to with ease, nice run for pen and sublime piece of skill in second half.

Mroweic 6 Did ok, solid enough, couple of poor passes

Grainger 6 Better second half, great cross for second goal.

Black 5 Must do more in a game than get booked, gave ball away as well, okay at times but not enough times..

Obua 6 Better than Black, but still must contribute more.

Jonsson 6 Did well, got involved, took game forward.

Taouil 7 MOTM made things happen all over park.

Stevenson 6 Good effort from him, was blowing oot his erse last 15 though.

Elliott 6 Made runs to make space for others, longer studs and he would have scored.

Templeton 5 Some neat work/control

Sutton 4 Looked up for it in his cameo

Robinson 1 No time.

I thought we were poor in first half but after taking the lead we improved.

Nothing to do with the passing game tactics, but some of our basic ball control in the first half was shocking.

PS To the fans who booo when the ball goes back the way, if a forward pass is not on (and due to the lack of movement in front of the defenders this will happen a lot), would you rather we kept possession of the ball or would you prefer an aimless punt up and oot the park?

I had to leave a few minutes after the second goal because this bug I have had me pretty much bent double, but here's how I saw it:

MacD - 6 - Poor kicking but dealt comfortably with everything else.

Hamill - 7 - Robust in the tackle, looked to get things moving. Better in the first than in the second.

Zal - 7 - Comfortable with everything thrown at him.

Mrowiec - 6.5 - As above, but needs to try and cut out the cross-field hospital passes. Did well out of position.

Grainger - 8 - Good quality crosses into the box, always tried to get forward.

Black - 4 - Other than give away petulant fouls and blast 30 yard shots a mile over the bar when we have guys in space, I have no idea what he brings to the team. First touch was decent, but then again, he's a professional footballer, so it should be.

Obua - 7 - Good in possession, got stuck in. Christ, did I just say that about Davey-O? The problem with him though, and most of our central midfielders, is that they don't contribute directly to the attack enough for me.

Jonsson - 6 - Finally seems to be finding form. Always tried to find space to receive a pass and was solid in the tackle.

Taouil - 8 - Sublime first touch, excellent on the ball if a little ballgreedy at times. Looked to be our main creative outlet ahead of Granny Danger and Stevo.

Stevo - 7 - Got stuck in and linked the play better as the game progressed.

Elliott - 6 - Ran like **** but had limited chances.

I found myself pretty frustrated at times in the first half today. St Mirren were mince and we just didn't seem brave, organised or hurried enough to attempt to punish them. The midfield and forwards didn't link up well enough and everything was focussed down the left. Having an option on the right as well would've been useful and given us a bit more scope but would've sacrificed our balance. We've still got nowt in the middle of the park but hopefully this'll get resolved with Taouil finding his form. We definitely need to take more risks when we have teams stretched, though.

Second half was much improved, but I can't help but think this was much due to the penalty we got. Had we gone in 0-0 I reckon it would've been a lot more cagey and nervous. We need a positive, attacking performance for 90 minutes to get the majority of fans onside with PS's patient build up, IMO.

Anyone else concerned that Robinson and Sutton didnt want to go down tunnel at FT

Late subs always stay on the pitch (or come back out) to do a fairly intensive warm down. I presume its part of their conditioning regime.

The Establishment

Can't agree with this. Cross for the second goal was inch perfect. Compare his corners with Hamill's and it is chalk and cheese. 2 brilliant corners in a row that noone attacked in the first half and I think he crossed for Obua's header too.

Half a point off for his cutback when he got injured but 7.5 from me.

I thought we were poor in first half but after taking the lead we improved.

Nothing to do with the passing game tactics, but some of our basic ball control in the first half was shocking.

PS To the fans who booo when the ball goes back the way, if a forward pass is not on (and due to the lack of movement in front of the defenders this will happen a lot), would you rather we kept possession of the ball or would you prefer an aimless punt up and oot the park?

Couple of times we had free-kicks inside their half, from where we worked the ball back to McDonald who duly punted it up the park. That's not keeping possession.

Generally better through, especially second half when we worked harder to close them down and force the mistakes from their defenders (basically what they did to us first half). Good to hear Sergio's admission after the game that we need to mix it up a bit and go long sometimes, given how poor our defenders are with the ball at their feet!

McDonald - 6 - Nothing to do.

Hamill - 5 - Got a chasing off Hasselbaink first-half, better once he went off.

Zaliukas - 6 - Solid enough and broke forward well a couple of times. good work for the penalty

Mrowiec - 3 - Awful passes in the first fifteen, then resorted to hoofing it straight back to their defenders for the rest of the game.

Grainger - 7 - Excellent going forward. Pity his team mates couldn't read his crosses better.

Black - 3 - Woeful.

Obua - 6 - Kept it simple.

Jonsson - 6 - Unfussy. Concedes too many fouls though.

Taouil - 8 - Super game, linked midfield and attack really well. Could maybe release the ball a bit quicker at times

Stevenson - 7 - Usual hard-working shift almost got him a goal.

Elliott - 4 - Poor game by his standards. Didn't really read anything right all day.

Late subs always stay on the pitch (or come back out) to do a fairly intensive warm down. I presume its part of their conditioning regime.

The pair stood there though

ToadKiller Dog

MacDonald - 6 - nothing really much to do

Hamill - 7 - good game ,cool as a cucumber at pen

Grainger - 6 , Sneaks a six awful first half but much better second half

Jonsson - 6 - Worked hard

Zaliukas - 7 - the good Zal today

Mrowiec - 6 decent shift

Taouil - 8 - easy MOM ,a bit better shooting but looked dangerous

Black - 5 - Stupid booking

Stevenson - 7 - again worked very hard

Elliott - 6 - Worked hard needs a home game where he can nick a few goals

Obua - 7 - seems to maybe have found a role

Subs

Templeton - 3 tried to get involved

Sutton - 2 - looked keen in the short time

Robinson - 2 - No time

First half was a bit Csabaesque with too many mistakes much better 2nd deserved more than 1 goal in the 2nd half . Movement needs to be a bit sharper ,can see why maybe Sergio is playing a more solid rather than attacking side just now as the team develops , a competent win today . St Midden i thought we handled there threat up front well ,Hasselbank ran out of ideas and was replaced Thompson was no real danger to us either . Apart from Elliott and Stevenson both who looked shattered thought we seemed stronger fitness wise than the midden

Still we will need to step it up as we go into a run of more difficult games .

McDonald - 6 - Nothing to do.

Hamill - 7 - Had a steday game some good balls.

Zaliukas - 8 - Excellent Game looked comfortable all the time

Mrowiec - 7 - Did well, especially as he thought he was playing midfield until right before kick off

Grainger - 7 - Another consistent game

Black - 6 - Worked away and covered we.

Obua - 6 - decent game

Jonsson - 6 -

Taouil - 8 -

Stevenson - 7 -

Elliott - 5 -

The pair stood there though

Waiting for one of Sergio's henchmen to put them through their paces.

McDonald - 6: nothing much to do but dealt with anything that came his way. Kicking was so-so and could have been quicker getting ball to players in space but overall, OK

Hamill- 7: put in a power of work and delivered some tempting balls into the box.

Zaliukas-8: MoTM - solid at the back -strolled it. I didn't see a single misplaced pass. Good work for pen at the nutmeg was a highlight.

Mroviec-6: solid enough but his passing let him down.

Grainger-7: as with Hamill

Stevenson-7: must be shattered with the running he did. Made good runs and picked out some nice passes. Seems to be building a good understanding with Elliott.

Black- 6: lots of energy but too many passes went astray. Daft booking but it did look like a bit of a dive on Alba.

Obua- 7: good game. Put himself about a bit. Good at holding ball and looking for options.

Jonsson- 7: another solid performance.

Taouil- 8: electrifying at times but mainly in second half.

Elliott- 7: bit of a thankless task at times but ran his socks off and came close a couple of times.

Subs - not really on long enough to get involved.

Overall, a very professional performance.

Generally agree with the body of opinion.

Taoul, Obua, Grainger, Eggie, Black - All Up there competing for MOTM.

But - Elliott for me was just not good enough.

Rating of 4 for me.

Decent effort. Work rate was OK.

Not much else tho & that's not enough..

Not got a goal scorer's instinct.

Allows him self to be marked in the box far too easy.

Make a run across you'r marker - FFS ! Get in front of him in the box when it matters FFS !

Nice bloke but needs to do more imo - get nasty & hungry for goals !!!

Right result obtained by industrial grade football. When I saw the team I wasn't exactly overflowing with confidence. Didn't think there was any goals in it

McDonald 6 not a lot to do

Hamill 6 corners were rubbish today.

Mroviec 6 as long as all he has to is header or kick the ball away, he's comfortable

Zaliukas 8 no bombscares and some good defending MoTM

Grainger 6 final delivery let him down

Stevenson 6 for the goal but pedestrian otherwise

Black 4 can't pass and still gives away silly free kicks.

Taoiul 8 good second half display and added a wee bit flair and skill

Jonsson 6 Much better in the second half but caught in possession at times

Obua 7 good defensive work. Solid display

Elliot 2 how did it it take him so long to get hooked?

Sutton 2 no time

Templeton 3 couple of good runs

Robinson 1 no time

Why???

Elliott is by far one of our best players? He barely got any service that turned into a goal scoring opportunity. He needs either a second striker or a good creative midfielder/winger to give him these chances. Yesterday he got neither and still played prety well!

Archived