The EPL

johnjl

Watched most of what's been on tv so far and the two Manchester sides look like they are going to run away with it this year. Chelsea may have been winning but hardly in the same manner.

The question is - Is the EPL heading towards a two horse race ( similair to la liga ) or are teams like Arsenal and Spurs just starting slowly?

Can anybody mount a serious challenge to City and United?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Watched most of what's been on tv so far and the two Manchester sides look like they are going to run away with it this year. Chelsea may have been winning but hardly in the same manner.

The question is - Is the EPL heading towards a two horse race ( similair to la liga ) or are teams like Arsenal and Spurs just starting slowly?

Can anybody mount a serious challenge to City and United?

I seem to remember Chelsea starting the same last season, did they not win 5 or 6 and score 5 or 6 as well in a few games before dropping off ?? Could be wrong.

I seem to remember Chelsea starting the same last season, did they not win 5 or 6 and score 5 or 6 as well in a few games before dropping off ?? Could be wrong.

Yeah drogba and malouda were on fire. The difference is that Man U tend to start slowly and finish well. Man city now have the best squad of players I can remember in British football.

I just hope there are a few teams at least competing for top by January.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

They certainly won the first couple by 5 or 6, not sure if their winning start went on longer than that, it probably did.

The two Manc teams look streets ahead so far, Arsenal look like they'll struggle and Spurs have already been pumped by City. Up to Chelsea to stop it being a two-horse race imo.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Yeah drogba and malouda were on fire. The difference is that Man U tend to start slowly and finish well. Man city now have the best squad of players I can remember in British football.

I just hop there are a few teams at least competing for top by January.

Man spew Vs Chelski is coming up this Sunday, that should give a decent guide as to what may transpire in the future games.

Surely Man spew cannot stick a barrow load past Chelski ?

Man spew Vs Chelski is coming up this Sunday, that should give a decent guide as to what may transpire in the future games.

Surely Man spew cannot stick a barrow load past Chelski ?

I hope not but I wouldn't bet against it. I think the guy Sturridge could do well if given a run up front and Mata comes with a great pedigree but I have doubts about Lampard while Malouda and Kalou have been off form for a long time, and the least said about Torres the better.

I think if man u are allowed to dictate the tempo of the game and Nani and Young are on song they could absolutely hammer Chelsea.

Chelsea are grinding out results without hitting their stride yet. United and City's tests will come when they are in a tighter game and are up against it a bit. They are not going to go the whole season pissing all over teams.

TBH, history shows that United will cope and whilst the jury is maybe a bit out in City at this time on the above, I think they will cope fine.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I hope not but I wouldn't bet against it. I think the guy Sturridge could do well if given a run up front and Mata comes with a great pedigree but I have doubts about Lampard while Malouda and Kalou have been off form for a long time, and the least said about Torres the better.

I think if man u are allowed to dictate the tempo of the game and Nani and Young are on song they could absolutely hammer Chelsea.

Its at Old Trafford as well, that gives Manure a 2 goal start the way they are playing at the moment. We shall see though.

Football always throws something up to make it interesting.

My mate went to Arsenal on the weekend and he said to me they where played of the park by Swansea, we have seen Spurs without 2 very good recruits and they looked reasonably handy. It could be up to the Mickeymousers to put up a challenge.

Its at Old Trafford as well, that gives Manure a 2 goal start the way they are playing at the moment. We shall see though.

Football always throws something up to make it interesting.

My mate went to Arsenal on the weekend and he said to me they where played of the park by Swansea, we have seen Spurs without 2 very good recruits and they looked reasonably handy. It could be up to the Mickeymousers to put up a challenge.

Yeah arsenal are a real worry tbh. Song and Gervinho back this weekend will help and when Vermaillen and Wilshire return from injury they may go on a wee run but 5th or 6th looks the best they will do.

Oh and as long as Jamie carracher is playing in defence Liverpool won't be challenging for titles IMO.

I just hope there are a few teams at least competing for top by January.

Actually I would hope for the fewer teams competing the better.

One of the main things the englanders use to slag off Scottish football is the fact that it's always a 2 horse race.

They conveniently over look the fact that even though their league is far bigger in terms of number of teams there is only ever at best 3 or 4 teams with a realistic chance of the title.

With the one off exception of Blackburn, how many teams have won the EPL since it was introduced ?

Early days yet in the EPL but the two Manchester teams have been very impressive so far.Not sure if it will be a two horse race and think Chelsea will have a big say this season and I wouldn't count out an improved Liverpool team this season.

I fear Chelsea may get a bit of a doing at the weekend. Defensively they've looked a bit ropey at times.

That said, their record at Old Trafford is actually pretty good but Man U just seem so on song at the moment.

City are also looking devastating. The lad Aguerro could just be the signing of the season.

Archived