what happens to Paulo Sergio (LEGEND)

skacel goal

I like Paulo, but am not so sure he'll be around next season. Only on a 1 year deal is he not?! (albeit with a 2nd year option).

Very happy with what he's trying to do, just a bit unconvinced by his selections. Still think the best team I've seen put out this season was the one at WHL.

Jambof3tornado

If come the midway point of the season we are playing decent football and have an eye on 2nd/3rd place then Paulo will be doing fine.

Come the end of the season who knows what will happen.

He'll need Vlad to back him in the transfer windows, if it doesn't happen he might walk instead of waiting for the dreaded phone-call from Vlad's office.

I like Paulo, but am not so sure he'll be around next season. Only on a 1 year deal is he not?! (albeit with a 2nd year option).

Very happy with what he's trying to do, just a bit unconvinced by his selections. Still think the best team I've seen put out this season was the one at WHL.

That team had great energy about it due to the young guys getting a chance. Compare and contrast with the team at Inverness!

surely Fedetovas comments last month were a bit tongue in cheek, that we must finish FIRST this season :ermm:

He will become the Hibs new manager.

Templeton'sUnderpants

If we don't finish first then PS, every player, Vlad, me, you and every hearts supporters granny should be sacked.

I will accept nothing less.

I would agree that the best performance so far this season must have been at WHL, although most of us were high on alcohol and an away european tie! The boys that night in north London played their hearts out for the jersey, yes we could have lost but even though it was not Spurs first choice eleven I would have been surprised if any other SPL side, including the Uglies, would have done better.

For What its worth my old man was in hospitality at the inverness game and got speaking to Jim Spence. Jim said he had a 25 min of the record chat the PS and said he was a magnificent guy and has exciting plans for hearts in what he is aiming to achieve.

I hope vlad and the fans are patient with PS as I have a feeling he could be a top coach for us. All his previous jobs got him noticed by bigger clubs and he his moves up because he was performing well. Maybe Sporting came to soon and PS did mention he is looking to grow up and learn as he is still a young manager. Maybe this means staying in one place for a few good years, working on a long term project. I think this is what we all need :whistling:

surely Fedetovas comments last month were a bit tongue in cheek, that we must finish FIRST this season :ermm:

Except he never said that.

To paraphrase Serg he siad why should we accept that Hearts can never finish above third. No timelines were attached to the comment.

I for one agree why should we have the mentality and lack of ambition that we can never finish above third. Not saying we will do it this year or indeed soon but we need people at the club with some ambition.

He will be beheaded in the Grass Market at sunset.

His head will then be placed on a spike to the left of the home dugout as a warning to the new manager.

He will be beheaded in the Grass Market at sunset.

His head will then be placed on a spike to the left of the home dugout as a warning to the new manager.

You're not taking this thread seriously are you? :unsure:

jamboinglasgow

For What its worth my old man was in hospitality at the inverness game and got speaking to Jim Spence. Jim said he had a 25 min of the record chat the PS and said he was a magnificent guy and has exciting plans for hearts in what he is aiming to achieve.

I hope vlad and the fans are patient with PS as I have a feeling he could be a top coach for us. All his previous jobs got him noticed by bigger clubs and he his moves up because he was performing well. Maybe Sporting came to soon and PS did mention he is looking to grow up and learn as he is still a young manager. Maybe this means staying in one place for a few good years, working on a long term project. I think this is what we all need :whistling:

Very interesting, did Jim give any examples of his plans.

Very interesting, did Jim give any examples of his plans.

Dont think he let on that much :down: . He did think that PS is an inspiring guy and liked his attitude towards the game though.

No idea. What do you think will happen? :)

nothing, I think lol. I think it was just a case of the board of directors suggesting we should aim higher than 3RD :)

Except he never said that.

To paraphrase Serg he siad why should we accept that Hearts can never finish above third. No timelines were attached to the comment.

I for one agree why should we have the mentality and lack of ambition that we can never finish above third. Not saying we will do it this year or indeed soon but we need people at the club with some ambition.

I see :)

mahgrassyshoes

That's a good point. Half the reason we have so much deadwood in the squad is the frequent changes of manager bringing in their own guys on 2-4 year contracts then the next guy not fancying them/ them being pish. The same coach for even 3 years would see a way of playing worked on and a group of youngsters being bled into the team without it all going back to square one.

It doesn't help with the media banging on about Hearts being Scotlands 3rd club too and writng us off before we've even started. Fank thuck (sic) I live in England now. At least English based papers are kinder to us when the odd report comes up.

There's a general concensus that ps needs time to implement his ideas and philosophy on the squad, he is a very good coach who knows how to play.

Remember none of these players are his signings - the players we have currently have all been signed with a view to play a Jeffries style of football and not a paulo Sergio one

Jim Spence also alluded to this on Open all Mic's. When pressed on what they discussed he said it was a conversation and not an interview but that PS was a very interesting guy with big plans for Hearts.

I just hope he gets a chance to put these plans into action......

The guy needs time, will vlad and certain sections of the support allow for this?

We do have some greetin faced twats who shout from the rooftops if we aren't sitting in second place 10 pts clear of third !!

Lochend Brazil

Unless this statement also was lost in translation, PS may aswell walk now. The wizard of OZ would fail to win the SPL with the dead wood and never beens at our club.

Possibly three to four very good spl players when fit, the rest are just filling a void.

I would like to see the team that started at White Hart Lane given a chance in the SPL i must admit.

Ryan Mcgowan should never of been dropped for sure. Man of the match at ibrox and outstanding at WHL.

Also.. Skacel is far from past it. Get him played.

Unless this statement also was lost in translation, PS may aswell walk now. The wizard of OZ would fail to win the SPL with the dead wood and never beens at our club.

Possibly three to four very good spl players when fit, the rest are just filling a void.

You just cheered me up. :)

Sydney from Sydney

I would agree that the best performance so far this season must have been at WHL, although most of us were high on alcohol and an away european tie! The boys that night in north London played their hearts out for the jersey, yes we could have lost but even though it was not Spurs first choice eleven I would have been surprised if any other SPL side, including the Uglies, would have done better.

Spurs treated that game like a training exercise and we still couldn't manage a goal. Been to most games this season and not impressed at all by Sergio. His erratic team selection suggests yet more interference from "the great one". I thought Ryan McGowan was the stand out player that night at WHL and he hasn't started a game since.

Spurs treated that game like a training exercise and we still couldn't manage a goal. Been to most games this season and not impressed at all by Sergio. His erratic team selection suggests yet more interference from "the great one". I thought Ryan McGowan was the stand out player that night at WHL and he hasn't started a game since.

I find it hard to agree with the above.

Whilst the team that PS has selected is maybe not the first 11 I would pick he has been fairly consistent in his team selcetion and I see no evidence to suggest that Romanov is interfering in team selection.

Also Ryan McGowan is not a right back, his distribution is not good enough, I think he does have a future as a centre half. The game that followed the WHL game was the derby against Hibs and Jamie Hamill was one of the best players on the pitch that day. Quite simply Jamie Hamill is a better right back than Ryan McGowan so is selected ahead of him.

mahgrassyshoes

I find it hard to agree with the above.

Whilst the team that PS has selected is maybe not the first 11 I would pick he has been fairly consistent in his team selcetion and I see no evidence to suggest that Romanov is interfering in team selection.

Also Ryan McGowan is not a right back, his distribution is not good enough, I think he does have a future as a centre half. The game that followed the WHL game was the derby against Hibs and Jamie Hamill was one of the best players on the pitch that day. Quite simply Jamie Hamill is a better right back than Ryan McGowan so is selected ahead of him.

Surely, with the way we are trying to play at the minute, good distribution will be more important at centre half? I think at the moment McGowan is seen as the back up RB. He will get some good game time this year and that will be seen as a big improvement on the past few years for the lad.

Surely, with the way we are trying to play at the minute, good distribution will be more important at centre half? I think at the moment McGowan is seen as the back up RB. He will get some good game time this year and that will be seen as a big improvement on the past few years for the lad.

In terms of distribution I don't think McGowan is a good dribbler or crosser of the ball, I think this is important for a full back. As a centre half he would only need to play a 10 yard pass to a full back of centre midfielder dropping deep to collect the ball.

Archived