Thee most ridiculous film....

Konrad von Carstein

Castor Troy: If I were to send you flowers where would I... no, let me rephrase that. If I were to let you suck my tongue, would you be grateful?

OP hasn't seen Crank 2 imo.

Only film that can out-ridiculous Face/Off.

agreed, but Crank 2 took a step too far and ended just being shite. Crank 1 was tremendous fun.

For someone that hates everything, I tend to agree with you on this one.

MOST things.

I don't hate kittens, or bacon.

In fact, after that other thread about Troll Hunter, it appears I like most things. I'm a fraud.

MY LIFE IS A SHAM.

sad.gif

agreed, but Crank 2 took a step too far and ended just being shite. Crank 1 was tremendous fun.

Didn't say it was good, said it was more ridiculous than Face/Off - you're right on pretty much both counts. :thumbsup:

(Although I sat and watched Crank 2 and was entertained in a strange "every part of me hates this except the Jason Statham segment of my brain" kind of a way :ninja: )

dobmisterdobster

It's a quality film. Great story, great acting, great action scenes!

All you cinemasnobs in here. YOU ARE NOT IMPRESSING ANYBODY!

:vrface:

And it's better than The Rock, which was shite.

That's maybe because I still don't understand how he stabs himself in the heart and lives, mind.

Eh?

From my reading, everyone on this thread bar one poster likes Face/Off. :lol:

Face Off...no discussion required IMO

IMO you haven't seen 'the room'. you may not have even heard of 'the room'.

find and watch 'the room', then reconsider.

I've never met anyone who has seen it who isn't either a "wacky" student or a boring film geek.

Dont know what you expected from a film that removes peoples faces and replaces them with another. There are many films that are worse than Face off.

I've never met anyone who has seen it who isn't either a "wacky" student or a boring film geek.

I haven't seen it, but am aware of it's existence and have seen all the best clips on youtube.

Rate me! Rate me!

laugh.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You jumped out of a plane for a made up person.

I haven't seen it, but am aware of it's existence and have seen all the best clips on youtube.

Rate me! Rate me!

laugh.gif

You're a wanabee.

That's all.

You're a wanabee.

That's all.

A wanabee "wacky" student or a wannabe film geek?

If it's the latter, can my favoured portfolio of work include the combined works of Ishiro Honda?

thumbsup.gif

my point stands - it's unparalleled in ridiculousness.

That's maybe because I still don't understand how he stabs himself in the heart and lives, mind.

What the rock is amazing..

Face off is utter shite as are 90% of john woo movies, I especially hate the slowly flying birds scenes he seems to include in them all...

What the rock is amazing..

Face off is utter shite as are 90% of john woo movies, I especially hate the slowly flying birds scenes he seems to include in them all...

So explain the stabbing himself in the heart bit. I genuinely don't get it. He stabs himself in the heart, the place gets bombed, he somehow wakes up and jumps out in time.

MAKES NAE SENSE.

And that's coming from me, who thinks Son of Godzilla is a documentary.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The Rock is mint.

Losers whine about doing their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen

I didn't enjoy The Rock or Face/Off. However, when talking about ridiculous movies, you need look no further than M. Night Shyamyshammylan. Unbreakable being the worst movie I have ever paid to go and see.

I didn't enjoy The Rock or Face/Off. However, when talking about ridiculous movies, you need look no further than M. Night Shyamyshammylan. Unbreakable being the worst movie I have ever paid to go and see.

"Signs" creeped me out like ****.

Calling it Unbreakable was a typo actually meant to say Unbearable as a warning to all filmgoers

Unfortunately by the time it came to release and all the posters had been done it was too late

Not really but I cannot come close to describing my hate for that film, I came out the cinema incredibly fecked off, the Village is a close second. The guy is a prime example of having a good 1st film then disappearing up his own arse

PS I love Face/Off and the Rock, perfect examples of films where you can just sit down and switch off your brain for a couple of hours

PPS IJ he survives because he's Nic f*****g Cage

PPS IJ he survives because he's Nic f*****g Cage

He didn't do that very well in Kickass.

Anyway - HE STABS HIMSELF IN THE ******* HEART.

Calling it Unbreakable was a typo actually meant to say Unbearable as a warning to all filmgoers

Unfortunately by the time it came to release and all the posters had been done it was too late

Not really but I cannot come close to describing my hate for that film, I came out the cinema incredibly fecked off, the Village is a close second. The guy is a prime example of having a good 1st film then disappearing up his own arse

This man knows his shit. thumbsup.gif

PS I love Face/Off and the Rock, perfect examples of films where you can just sit down and switch off your brain for a couple of hours

This man knows feck all. down.gif

It's an adrenaline/smack/random drug injection to re-start his heart after he's been infected by the nerve gas obviously

I'm no having it. Stabbed in heart = death.

Fact.

I'm no having it. Stabbed in heart = death.

Fact.

Uma Thurman didn't die in Pulp Fiction

FACTAMUNDO!

BH, I will watch almost anything, sometimes the mood calls for watching a shite film (pretentious **** is lower than shite so unless the marketing has managed to hide the pretentious wankery I won't watch it)

Speaking of which, what is the room?

I've got to say that with the bit in bold you have a winner.

All his films use the same trick of deliberately not showing something that should be obvious until the very end, or lazily don't even try and explain the root of the plot. To me I'll see you on Unbreakable and raise you "The Village".

- Unbreakable - truly awful.

- Signs - lightweight and truly awful, again based on not explaining how the characters get from A to B, without noticing the obvious, via editing.

- The Village - we are supposed to believe the characters had no idea that they were living in a sealed off reservation in present day. Riiight.

- The Happening - truly ridiculous premise that is not explained/justified.

I think I might have seen one of his other films on TV and switched it off. His standard formula does nothing for me other than make me switch off.

I've got to say that with the bit in bold you have a winner.

All his films use the same trick of deliberately not showing something that should be obvious until the very end, or lazily don't even try and explain the root of the plot. To me I'll see you on Unbreakable and raise you "The Village".

- Unbreakable - truly awful.

- Signs - lightweight and truly awful, again based on not explaining how the characters get from A to B, without noticing the obvious, via editing.

- The Village - we are supposed to believe the characters had no idea that they were living in a sealed off reservation in present day. Riiight.

- The Happening - truly ridiculous premise that is not explained/justified.

I think I might have seen one of his other films on TV and switched it off. His standard formula does nothing for me other than make me switch off.

As I said, Signs freaked me out - mainly that birthday party scene.

But aye. Mel Gibson is a priest that's lost his religion.

Aliens try to boot his arse, and he FINDS HIS RELIGION AGAIN.

Eh?!

How does that work?

The existence of aliens is proven, and you start believing in God again?

I'm no sure that he thought that one through.

As I said, Signs freaked me out - mainly that birthday party scene.

But aye. Mel Gibson is a priest that's lost his religion.

Aliens try to boot his arse, and he FINDS HIS RELIGION AGAIN.

Eh?!

How does that work?

The existence of aliens is proven, and you start believing in God again?

I'm no sure that he thought that one through.

"Tell Merrill to swing away."

Did you really need a prophecy from your dying wife to tell your brother to hit the alien with a big ******* baseball bat?

Crank and Crank 2 are ridiculous but hilarious.

Tarentino and Rodriguez's grindhouse were pretty silly.

Rubber - I struggle to even comment.

Archived