IPHONE 5

HMFC-1874

are you buying the iphone 5?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. are you buying the iphone 5?

does anyone know when its out and are you thinking about buying it. if yes what do you look forward to the new iphone the most?

for some intresting things about apple and other things check this .

My link

does anyone know when its out and are you thinking about buying it. if yes what do you look forward to the new iphone the most?

for some intresting things about apple and other things check this .

My link

isheep.jpg

my 3GS contract is up in a matter of days so will be checking out the prices for this. IF they are after ??? for it and want to charge me higher than my current contract they can bolt. iphone signal issue for me is a biggie - hate not getting a signal because a blade of grass is 2mm higher than the others(!) which somehow seems to block out my signal but not anyone elses (who all have HTCs etc).

isheep.jpg

I hate stuid posts like this.. Especially given there are more android phones than iPhones in circulation.. Is there am htc "no quite as good as an iPhone" sheep pic?

Ps I have had both and am currently using an htc hd7, all round the iPhone is far and away the best device... So I may buy the 5.

And it's supposed to be out oct 7th

My upgrade is due now, the guy in shop said just to wait till October a few weeks ago... So thats what i will do...Will see what the cost is tho...

Having just got an iPhone 4 no

To be fair to Apple, each time they've released a new model of the iPhone, they've offered a free upgrade to those who'd only recently bought the previous model, so you might be lucky.

wonder who the first kickbacker to nick one will be.

It'll no count as some weegie bas will have left it in a boozer the daft smelly tramps ?

Sheriff Fatman

It'll no count as some weegie bas will have left it in a boozer the daft smelly tramps ?

Apple must have a lot of staff from the Weege, they keep leaving their prototypes in pubs.

If you find one and some guys turn up at your house claiming to be the police check their ID very quickly as it will probably be Apple employees posing as police.

The iPhone5 is going to be another extremely good piece of kit let down by Apple's nanny state mentality as to what you are allowed to do with your own phone.

Apple must have a lot of staff from the Weege, they keep leaving their prototypes in pubs.

If you find one and some guys turn up at your house claiming to be the police check their ID very quickly as it will probably be Apple employees posing as police.

The iPhone5 is going to be another extremely good piece of kit let down by Apple's nanny state mentality as to what you are allowed to do with your own phone.

So many people see this as a weakness when in reality that is the whole point sheriff, what apple realised is that the majority of people don't want to tinker, they don't want freedom-they just want it to work perfectly with no hassle and whilst it doesn't do much that's unique - it does do most things so much better than the competition... apple want to define the experience with ios an osx to ensure everything just works as described - and that's why they are now the most valuable company on the planet by Market cap... $350+ bn last time I looked just above exxon and Microsoft

Sheriff Fatman

So many people see this as a weakness when in reality that is the whole point sheriff, what apple realised is that the majority of people don't want to tinker, they don't want freedom-they just want it to work perfectly with no hassle and whilst it doesn't do much that's unique - it does do most things so much better than the competition... apple want to define the experience with ios an osx to ensure everything just works as described - and that's why they are now the most valuable company on the planet by Market cap... $350+ bn last time I looked just above exxon and Microsoft

You don't have to make an operating system highly intuitive by completely locking it down.

I do like the OS, I do like their hardware. I don't like Apple moralising about what software I run on my own possessions.

Market cap is just a measure of what speculators think of the shares, but Microsoft and Exxon have larger income and profit (in the case of Exxon, much larger) it is not a real number. Apple's market cap is more to do with their refusal to spend any of the money they earn (including not giving dividends on their shares).

Upgrade's due in March, so hopeully Apple will have knocked out any bugs with the OS by the time I get around to getting one.

my 3GS contract is up in a matter of days so will be checking out the prices for this. IF they are after ??? for it and want to charge me higher than my current contract they can bolt. iphone signal issue for me is a biggie - hate not getting a signal because a blade of grass is 2mm higher than the others(!) which somehow seems to block out my signal but not anyone elses (who all have HTCs etc).

they have moved the signal but on the new iphone

You don't have to make an operating system highly intuitive by completely locking it down.

I do like the OS, I do like their hardware. I don't like Apple moralising about what software I run on my own possessions.

Market cap is just a measure of what speculators think of the shares, but Microsoft and Exxon have larger income and profit (in the case of Exxon, much larger) it is not a real number. Apple's market cap is more to do with their refusal to spend any of the money they earn (including not giving dividends on their shares).

Well 3bn more in the first quarter of 2011, still phenomenal performance for a tech sock especially since 06! And set to be much closer in 12

I think their company mantra is if you want us to define the experience and ensure your device works by an iOS device, if you want to tinker / side load software etc buy something else, that's the question they are posing to the consumer...

Anyway, I like them all... Think wp7has a huge amount of potential if a few loose ends can be squared off

Does anyone know what will be the major differences between iphone 4 and the new model ?

If you go to sites like "Engadget", or just Google "iPhone 5", you'll get any amount of speculation, but no hard facts.

I share the belief that the new handset will be announced late this month or early next (I'd back 7th Oct, as was mentioned in an earlier post) but Apple have not yet said anything definitive.

I'm planning on it. My current contract ran out a few weeks back, so ready to jump ship. Meanwhile, making do with my current phone with a shattered touchscreen (which still works, remarkably).

Looking forward to changing from my current phone, operating system and network (HTC, Android and T-Mobile), as I haven't been too impressed with any of them.

I'm planning on it. My current contract ran out a few weeks back, so ready to jump ship. Meanwhile, making do with my current phone with a shattered touchscreen (which still works, remarkably).

Looking forward to changing from my current phone, operating system and network (HTC, Android and T-Mobile), as I haven't been too impressed with any of them.

go iphone 5, 02 you usually can go wrong :thumbsup:

If you go to sites like "Engadget", or just Google "iPhone 5", you'll get any amount of speculation, but no hard facts.

I share the belief that the new handset will be announced late this month or early next (I'd back 7th Oct, as was mentioned in an earlier post) but Apple have not yet said anything definitive.

Thanks gasman, was in a few phone shops today and 7th Oct was mentioned more than once

I can upgrade from tomorrow and was going to get i phone 4, looks like i'll hang on for a bit then !

Even if you eventually decide you don't want to pay for, or can't afford, the iPhone 5, I'd imagine there'd be some cracking deals on the 4 with shops wanting to move their stock.

There are also rumours that as well as the 5, there may be a 4+, or a 4nano. If either of them are correct the standard 4 price is bound to fall.

:thumb:

I live in the US so it'll be Verizon, and 4LTE, for me, most likely.

Nice, how are internet deals over in the US?

Over here it's good for iPhones like 02 you top up ?10 and you get a good amount of usage for the month.

Thanks again for the info, I will wait in the wings and see what happens

When the 4 came out, bizarrely, Tesco.com were offering the best deals for Contract and PAYG.

They were selling the handset only, cheaper than Apple, and the contracts cheaper than O2, who's network they use.

:blink:

When the 4 came out, bizarrely, Tesco.com were offering the best deals for Contract and PAYG.

They were selling the handset only, cheaper than Apple, and the contracts cheaper than O2, who's network they use.

:blink:

every little helps rolleyes.gif

Sheriff Fatman

What is everyone looking forward to the most about the new iPhone 5?

The rumours about the iPhone 6 that will start 5 minutes after the 5 comes out .

Nice, how are internet deals over in the US?

Over here it's good for iPhones like 02 you top up ?10 and you get a good amount of usage for the month.

Not sure, don't pay much attention. Contract ends up costing me about $90 a month for unlimited usage of everything, plus a few calls back to the UK.

I'd imagine the iPhone 5 will probably cost about $200 up front, with a 2-contract. I'd say you can get much better deals for phones over in Blighty. I suppose they've got to put up a lot more masts here, though....

iphone4 is the dugs, best phone I have ever had. Agree with other posters that Apple need to allow other software to be used(specially flash for adult entertainment).

Cant remember who mentioned the 3310 earlier but in its day that was the dugs.

Both brilliant in their simplicity.

I've made the move from a Blackberry to an iPhone.

Amazing bit of kit it has to be said but as a phone for everyday things like phoning, texting and e-mail the Blackberry pisses all over it.

However the web access is hugely better and I enjoy the ability to easily control my baking etc on the move.

So it all comes down to what you need really. And the QWERTY keyboard on the Blackberry takes some beating.

Been struggling along with a shitey old phone since I lost my 3GS in May. The Nokia handset I'm using is only two years old but it honestly feels like something from the dark ages. Not surprised Nokia are complelely messed.

Weighing up whether to buy out the last 4 months of my contract or wait til February when my upgrade date arrives. Can't wait to have a smartphone again. Just moved to London and I'm forever getting lost!

iphone4 is the dugs, best phone I have ever had. Agree with other posters that Apple need to allow other software to be used(specially flash for adult entertainment).

Download Skyfire.

It's a flash enabled internet browser for the iPhone.

:thumbsup:

However the web access is hugely better and I enjoy the ability to easily control my baking etc on the move.

Ooo I want that App, fresh scones and stuff on the move...mmmm!

:thumb:

You don't need flash for that, you must have discovered xshare by now

You don't need flash for that, you must have discovered xshare by now

Or ***.com. When the iPhone first came out it was a nightmare but there's a few good sites now :thumbsup:

Archived