Martin Bain Papers Revealed

Footballfirst

We want join the SPL!

Thought you wanted to join the EPL?

That was before...

You wull need to earn promotion to the SPL.

Don't you know who we are?

Yes, that's why you must earn promotion.

Just for the sake of some (fun!) idle speculation, if Rangers go breasts skywards and get thrown out of the league, and if they would need to re-apply to join in Div3, and work their way up....

Might they apply to join the English League instead....? :unsure:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All it takes is one club to kick up shit and their messed, a precedent was set with Airdrie Utd/Clydebank they wouldn't have a leg to stand on

The SPL & SFL are separate organisations though... they'd find a way.

I've said it before and will say it again, if Rangers have any sort of financial meltdown, be it insolvency, administration or closure, I will be unbelievably delighted.

Realistically....what would happen if Rangers went into Administration. What would punishment would they receive? What would be the effects on Scottish football in general and Hearts in particular?

Realistically....what would happen if Rangers went into Administration. What would punishment would they receive? What would be the effects on Scottish football in general and Hearts in particular?

Have to admit I don't know much about this stuff other than an idea I had in my head that going into administration would only result in a ten point penalty? But then I read all these comments about dropping divisions etc....?

So what's the story? Who knows their stuff on this one?

Have to admit I don't know much about this stuff other than an idea I had in my head that going into administration would only result in a ten point penalty? But then I read all these comments about dropping divisions etc....?

So what's the story? Who knows their stuff on this one?

It would be more than midly amusing if Rangers got relegated, I guess that would be beneficial for all the other teams in the SPL?

It would be more than midly amusing if Rangers got relegated, I guess that would be beneficial for all the other teams in the SPL?

Yes, of course. I can only see that being beneficial to the rest of us.

But I can't see how it would ever happen. That's all.

Yes, of course. I can only see that being beneficial to the rest of us.

But I can't see how it would ever happen. That's all.

They wouldn't be relegated but if they went bust like Airdrie did their only option would be to reapply to join the league or to take over another club like what Airdrie Utd did with Clydebank, both options would see them out the SPL but not relegated

They wouldn't be relegated but if they went bust like Airdrie did their only option would be to reapply to join the league or to take over another club like what Airdrie Utd did with Clydebank, both options would see them out the SPL but not relegated

Ahhh, right enough. These hopes are therefore hinging on them going completely bust rather than just slinking off into administration then. I don't understand enough about the finances of the situation to really get involved in this one but at the moment I just can't imagine that ever being allowed to happen. We're not that lucky, for starters.

I shall watch and read with interest though, just in case. :)

Might get our 14, 16 or 18 team top league after all.

or 42 team top tier to encompass Der Hun at the bottom of Div 3.

In fact I may be wrong it depends how the SPL works promotion. It depends if the SFL champions and runners up are accepted if a team goes bust or if the teams would have to apply for membership to the SPL that way Rangers 2 would no doubt get back in :(

or 42 team top tier to encompass Der Hun at the bottom of Div 3.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that suggestion, or possibly just sneak off to the Bookies and put a couple of quid on it...! :blink:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Some creditors have been paid; if Rangers crash i think we are all in trouble.

The only way that could happen is if Sky or TWI (the overseas rights sellers) claimed a force majeure with the broadcast rights but that's a weak argument.

Could you explain how thats so please? As it stands our marquee names bring in a pittance in TV, most of which stays with the old firm. Other than a few games a season where we get a couple of thousand extra fans, how would rangers going under harm us?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Aye, if I was a Rangers fan, this is exactly what I would feel too. I think you will all be in trouble too. :)

After assessing all the information regarding the situation at Ibrox, a ?100k fine for Hearts seems the only logical outcome.

:D :D

All it takes is one club to kick up shit and their messed, a precedent was set with Airdrie Utd/Clydebank they wouldn't have a leg to stand on

I believe (actually, I know for certain) that an even better precedent was set, in writing, closer to home, when "the bunnet" tried to restructure their kissing cousins...............

Martin Bain got an arrestment for ?480k on Rangers today

http://news.stv.tv/s...-of-insolvency/

:lol:

but.. but how can this be??? this is one of those "historical" issues that "isn't new" and therefore should not be in the news.

i feel confident in believing that rangers will soon explain this move as 'malicious' and that it has been brought about by 'those determined to damage the club'.

but.. but how can this be??? this is one of those "historical" issues that "isn't new" and therefore should not be in the news.

i feel confident in believing that rangers will soon explain this move as 'malicious' and that it has been brought about by 'those determined to damage the club'.

It does mean however that Rangers are running in a credit position on their main bank account and had funds available to be set aside..

Oh and the court believe he has a case worth fighting for.

I'm warming to the smary git.

Craig Whyte is right in one respect though, given that Martin Bain would have been involved in the running of the EBTs which are the greatest risk to their future. Nice bit of irony if MB was to trigger an insolvency event resulting from his actions while he was on the Ibrokes board.

It does mean however that Rangers are running in a credit position on their main bank account and had funds available to be set aside..

Oh and the court believe he has a case worth fighting for.

I'm warming to the smary git.

the tasty part for me is that martin bain (ex CEO and knower of where the ibrox skeletons are) clearly knows the urgency of arresting assets now in case of the hun baw being burst big style.

lovely biscuits.

Craig Whyte is right in one respect though, given that Martin Bain would have been involved in the running of the EBTs which are the greatest risk to their future. Nice bit of irony if MB was to trigger an insolvency event resulting from exposures resulting from his actions while he was on the Ibrokes board.

serves whyte well for allowing someone of bain's position and knowledge to become aggrieved. he should have been kept onside and negotiated with.

why would whyte risk playing with fire in this way?

the tasty part for me is that martin bain (ex CEO and knower of where the ibrox skeletons are) clearly knows the urgency of arresting assets now in case of the hun baw being burst big style.

lovely biscuits.

That can't be so.

I read otherwise in the press today.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

serves whyte well for allowing someone of bain's position and knowledge to become aggrieved. he should have been kept onside and negotiated with.

The Champion's League money will pay off that nasty Bane (Bane, get it :rofl:)

His ego got in the way, that's one of the reasons he bought them in the first place, his ego and a desire for self promotion!

Bain is a very smart guy and was rated highly by Murray, Smith, Sally et al. But when Whyte arrived he decided to clear the decks of anyone not marching to the beat of his drum, hence the night of the long knives in the boardroom

that so him and others ousted.

Sally would have been bumped too, but for the fact he is a club leg-end and binning him would have the season

tickets not being purchased and thus not allowing him the chance to mortgage this money off.

If instead he let's Sally operate with one hand tied behind

his back and signs his 3rd & 4th choice signing targets but secures the clubs main assets on long term deals so that if they are sold on it's for top dollar, he looks like he is doing his best for the club in the long term.

Sally then ultimately fails and gets bumped allowing Whyte to bring in his own man.

Whereas in fact he is only protecting his investment in the short to medium term depending on the tax case outcome.

There is still lots of mileage in this one, especially given Whyte doesn't seem to have the army of pet journalists that his predecessor did.

Maybe Keith Jackson can start a campaign in the Daily Record for all worried Rangers fans to sell their gold sovvy rings and chains to those online gold buying companies to help out at Ibrox?

The amount they could raise from Jackson and that English lotto lout alone would be staggering.

we... the great british taxpayer... DESERVE BETTER than be deprived of crucial tax revenues to HM Treasury in times of deep austerity... by free-loading, tax dodging, parasites.

:smuggy:

laugh.gif

Maybe Keith Jackson can start a campaign in the Daily Record for all worried Rangers fans to sell their gold sovvy rings and chains to those online gold buying companies to help out at Ibrox?

The amount they could raise from Jackson and that English lotto lout alone would be staggering.

Sell their rings? I'm sure i remember a story about that from here already.....

lovely biscuits.

Keith's headline for the morn...

RANGERS TRIUMPH OVER SKELETON INFESTATION

"No skeletons here, just a floor buffer we bought from Brightworks" says a unshaven Gordon Smith.

Gold is trading for about about $1829 per oz. Figure total gold raised from the world wide fan base that Rangers has would be about what ? 3 oz tops? (gold plated ciggy lighters, gold plated giro form holders, steal some electronic stuff to get the gold recycled)

That makes just under $5500. Should pay for their lawyers cab fare for a few weeks.

I did have a laugh at Radio Scotland tonight when the BBC anchor man started having a go at Jim Traynor for his paper spinning the Rangers story today in a positive way.

Traynor then asked when the BBC would be running their expose on how Craig Whyte made his money or if they had even commissioned a program into it, as it was very tough for a footy journalist to undertake a business investigation.

I did feel like emailing in to ask how the BBC can justify TWO investigations into how Vlad made his money, yet they appear to not be bothered about starting one up about Whyte. They could even question why David Murray had to sell the club in the first place, or would that be going too far?

Cardiac Rucksack

I did have a laugh at Radio Scotland tonight when the BBC anchor man started having a go at Jim Traynor for his paper spinning the Rangers story today in a positive way.

Traynor then asked when the BBC would be running their expose on how Craig Whyte made his money or if they had even commissioned a program into it, as it was very tough for a footy journalist to undertake a business investigation.

I did feel like emailing in to ask how the BBC can justify TWO investigations into how Vlad made his money, yet they appear to not be bothered about starting one up about Whyte. They could even question why David Murray had to sell the club in the first place, or would that be going too far?

why would u waste your time? they and the printed press wont pish on their own strawberries.

A source close to Craig Whyte added he was "angry and dismayed" that Martin Bain had taken this action, when he claims to have had Rangers' interests at heart.

"It was clearly intended to embarrass the club in the run-up to the first Old Firm game of the season," he said.

From the BBC tonight HAHA

Archived