Were you hit by a bus outside Robbos....

coppercrutch

coppercrutch

Someone was, and I think he is a poster on here if I remember his pic correctly.......

PS. Got into the Ambulance by himself so don't think he's a goner !!! ;)

coppercrutch
Hit by a bus?!! Ouch. What happened?

Just saw the ambulance when I was getting off the bus. He was walking so not sure what happened, not too bad by the looks of it. I am sure he will be on sometime to let us know !!!

Sat evening in the A & E. Can't think of anything worse..........

Wilson Wood, Would You?

Possibly a season ticket for next season would be ;)

coppercrutch
Possibly a season ticket for next season would be ;)

Good point !! I really want a half season ticket. By that I mean first half only.

Just saw the ambulance when I was getting off the bus. He was walking so not sure what happened, not too bad by the looks of it. I am sure he will be on sometime to let us know !!!

Today's events have affected some worse than others, perhaps...hehe. Only kidding, I hope they're ok...whoever it is. I'm sure they'll come and tell us the story as soon as they're done at jakepiece central. Think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than visit A&E on a Saturday night...

coppercrutch
Today's events have affected some worse than others, perhaps...hehe. Only kidding, I hope they're ok...whoever it is. I'm sure they'll come and tell us the story as soon as they're done at jakepiece central. Think I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than visit A&E on a Saturday night...

You are right about that one !! Whenever I have the misfortune to go there, and it has usually been a non weekend night, it is full of jakies ?!!

Do they hurt themselves more ? Are Jakies more prone to accidents or something ?

One of life's little mysteries. :rolleyes:

You are right about that one !! Whenever I have the misfortune to go there, and it has usually been a non weekend night, it is full of jakies ?!!

Do they hurt themselves more ? Are Jakies more prone to accidents or something ?

One of life's little mysteries. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just their idea of a good night out?

Free drugs and all their pals will be there too.

Having been put on the heroin based painkiller they give out for a month last year after surgery I cant blame the guys

The stuff is brillant :P

Having been put on the heroin based painkiller they give out for a month last year after surgery I cant blame the guys

The stuff is brillant :P

You sound so much like a hibby sometimes

:P

the general

he was hit by a small white van,the bus drivers were witnesses - by all acounts he is ok but I will updae you if and when we hear more

thanks for your concern and thoughts though

It was Makween. Stupid *******.

He has a minor break in his leg; I've just got back from the NRI with him. He feels extremely embarrassed, so please feel free to take the utter pish out of him as much as possible.

rudi must stay
It was Makween. Stupid *******.

He has a minor break in his leg; I've just got back from the NRI with him. He feels extremely embarrassed, so please feel free to take the utter pish out of him as much as possible.

i'm sure you don't really need to ask people to do that.. Good to hear he's alright

i'm sure you don't really need to ask people to do that.. Good to hear he's alright

Aye, he's a bit shaken up but fine. Could've been a hell of a lot worse.

He's still a silly ****. Cheers for the sentiment though, mate.

Just got home now - cheers for the posts, everyone :P

My leg isn't even really that sore, I was quite surprised to find out that it was broken. Could've been a lot worse, so it's really more about being shaken up than anything else. Sure that I'll see everyone again next week or at some stage in the near future, but thanks to everyone who sat with me and helped out - really appreciated it.

In saying all of that, the nurses at the hospital (especially the radiologists) are tidy as. Even better than the ticket office. :P

WorldChampions1902
Got into the Ambulance by himself .........;)

The NHS ain't what it used to be :)

Good to hear it's nothing serious.

Someone was, and I think he is a poster on here if I remember his pic correctly.......

PS. Got into the Ambulance by himself so don't think he's a goner !!! ;)

that's no way to speak about dee !

maroonedinoz

It wasn't the bus that we are all worried might take out Vlad one day was it.....

On a serious note, glad to hear he is ok...

Boab Mugabe

My leg isn't even really that sore, I was quite surprised to find out that it was broken. Could've been a lot worse, so it's really more about being shaken up than anything else. Sure that I'll see everyone again next week or at some stage in the near future, but thanks to everyone who sat with me and helped out - really appreciated it.

In saying all of that, the nurses at the hospital (especially the radiologists) are tidy as. Even better than the ticket office. :P

Bloody hell, sounds mental! Are you on the wooden crutches? Those are a nightmare to get used to.

I hope you insisted on the morphine. When I've been injured I depended on copious amounts of that and codeine to get me through recovery. :ninja:

Neil MacFarlane just about keeked himself when told his entire fan club were nearly wiped out in a traffic accident.

Get well soon Makween and good luck with nipping a nurse.;)

ya maniac i will hold back on ripping the pish untill i see you ;);) as for the accident such things happen unfortunately to guys who get in the nick that we do at games :P:p

you could say its a occupational hazard:rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyway rest up and get well soon my man and i look forward to bumping into you at a game real soon(no pun intended);)

tj.

Oh no, he will be on here al the time, with being off work...

Get well soon though,,,

CompleteIdiot

Get well soon ya nut! Seriously. It must be sore even if you are trying to be manly about it.

the general

glad your ok mate but you gave us one hell of a fright - well done to everyone who helped him too

ya maniac i will hold back on ripping the pish untill i see you ;);) as for the accident such things happen unfortunately to guys who get in the nick that we do at games :P:p

you could say its a occupational hazard:rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyway rest up and get well soon my man and i look forward to bumping into you at a game real soon(no pun intended);)

tj.

Jesus mate, we dinny want to kill the laddie :D

Get well soon ya nut! Seriously. It must be sore even if you are trying to be manly about it.

He might not be

I did mine and it wasn't too sore at first, it gradually got worse and worse over a few weeks as the swelling went down and they withdrew the painkillers

The shock and adrenaline at first takes your attention away from it

Sounds like he has had a lucky escape, especially given the few serious ones up that way recently

Cheers again for all the comments - especially you, Walter Kidd, don't know who you are but thanks for the concern x - just feel really lucky, could've been a lot worse. I'm going to be bouncing off the walls in here over the next few days before going back to work, usually I'm really active and go to the gym four days a week so this is going to be totally mind numbing.

Getting more x-rays on Tuesday at the fracture clinic. Hope it's the same radiologist again. I'm looking forward to it. :P

Edit : I want to be a radiologist when I grow up now, although that's unlikely at best to ever happen.

Cheers again for all the comments - especially you, Walter Kidd, don't know who you are but thanks for the concern x - just feel really lucky, could've been a lot worse. I'm going to be bouncing off the walls in here over the next few days before going back to work, usually I'm really active and go to the gym four days a week so this is going to be totally mind numbing.

Getting more x-rays on Tuesday at the fracture clinic. Hope it's the same radiologist again. I'm looking forward to it. :P

Edit : I want to be a radiologist when I grow up now, although that's unlikely at best to ever happen.

Good luck with the NHS, especially the immigrant doctors who speak no english

There an absolute joke and are incapable of making a diagnosis or decision so just fob you off each time so you see your own consultant, which is barely ever:mad:

davemclaren

A bottom six finish is not good....but throwing yourself in front of white vans. :eek:

Anyway, sounds like a lucky escape, that's one life used up. ;)

You're a complete ***** mate.

But as previously stated, it could have been a lot worse. Glad that you're ok.

At least this insurance claim will be above board, eh?

Was the van travelling fast?

Sounds a sore yin.

Think it was maybe going at about 30? That's what everyone else was saying, anyway, I never saw it until it hit me. The driver owns a shop in Sighthill, might see if I can get some free stuff. :laugh:

So how did this near death experierience come about :confused:

It was totally my fault, we'd just got off of the bus and were crossing from the Tynie Arms side of the road to go over to Robbo's, I stepped out from behind the bus without looking to see what was coming. Daft as ****, a guy I was at school with died doing that so I should've known better. Only really starting to sink in now how lucky I was.

boabyarsebiscuit
Think it was maybe going at about 30? That's what everyone else was saying, anyway, I never saw it until it hit me. The driver owns a shop in Sighthill, might see if I can get some free stuff. :laugh:

It was totally my fault, we'd just got off of the bus and were crossing from the Tynie Arms side of the road to go over to Robbo's, I stepped out from behind the bus without looking to see what was coming. Daft as ****, a guy I was at school with died doing that so I should've known better. Only really starting to sink in now how lucky I was.

Take it from me it was a scary one. I saw you step out, then BANG!! You hit the bonnet and bounced back onto the road, luckily landing on your arse and not your head - even at 30 mph had you landed head first we would probably not all be on here joking about it. You were all for just getting up and walking away but luckily someone sensible (you can always rely on a woman in a crisis) persuaded you otherwise.

From now on if you're crossing a road in my company I'll make you use a pedestrian crossing.

Take it from me it was a scary one. I saw you step out, then BANG!! You hit the bonnet and bounced back onto the road, luckily landing on your arse and not your head - even at 30 mph had you landed head first we would probably not all be on here joking about it. You were all for just getting up and walking away but luckily someone sensible (you can always rely on a woman in a crisis) persuaded you otherwise.

From now on if you're crossing a road in my company I'll make you use a pedestrian crossing.

You can hold his hand Boaby:ninja:

Funny how removing one word makes a sentence much better :)

Kenif you are scary. Why, after one hour of that post being there, did we both do that at the same time (I take longer to type obviously)

Will you marry me, soulmate?

Think I'll be trying my best to always use traffic lights for the foreseeable future anyway, even if it means going massively out of my way to do so! Seriously, thanks again to everyone that helped. Actually, anyone know what the score is with getting into / out of Tynie on crutches? I remember there was the Neil MacFarlane lookalike a while back who went to all the games with a broken leg, so it obviously must be do-able.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Think I'll be trying my best to always use traffic lights for the foreseeable future anyway, even if it means going massively out of my way to do so! Seriously, thanks again to everyone that helped. Actually, anyone know what the score is with getting into / out of Tynie on crutches? I remember there was the Neil MacFarlane lookalike a while back who went to all the games with a broken leg, so it obviously must be do-able.

If i was you id be more worried about the fact people know what you look like now, a broken leg may be just the start.

Its probably hard to duck using crutches.;)

Archived