Villa determined to land Davis (NHC)

tartofmidlothian

chester copperpot

He has been off the boil now for about 18 months. Great first season or so.

Eh?

Davis and Jelavic are the reason Rangers are not struggling to make top 6 IMO. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but ye catch my drift blood.

We_are_the_Hearts

He has been off the boil now for about 18 months. Great first season or so.

Eh? He is the best midfielder in the SPL by a long way. The only reason he isn't in the Premiership is his nationality!

Eh?

Davis and Jelavic are the reason Rangers are not struggling to make top 6 IMO. Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but ye catch my drift blood.

A lot of Rangers fans have said the same. The guy is a good player but isn't playing to his full potential.

chester copperpot

A lot of Rangers fans have said the same. The guy is a good player but isn't playing to his full potential.

S'all about opinions I suppose, no matter how wrong you are. wink.gif

kingantti1874

Eh? He is the best midfielder in the SPL by a long way. The only reason he isn't in the Premiership is his nationality!

He was in the premiership at several clubs though and wasn't exactly a standout or even a first choice... More of a reflection of the spl of the spl than the player... I.e it's utter pish

chester copperpot

He was in the premiership at several clubs though and wasn't exactly a standout or even a first choice... More of a reflection of the spl of the spl than the player... I.e it's utter pish

He's pretty handy with a cue as well so I've been told.

599.jpg

Well somebody had to.

Aston Villa and Fulham are the only other clubs he has played for. That's not "several". He played a lot at Villa and moved on when they started splashing big money to make the top four.

I guess being played out of position most of the time wont help.

Think there is too much hype to Davis TBH. When he is good, he is an excellent player, but i've also seen him be pretty anonymous in a lot of games too.

Top SPL player on his day, but exactly the kind of signing i'd be worried about if I was a Villa fan. He wouldn't take them forward.

Actually disagree about hype over Davis. Unless i'm missing something i don't really think he is hyped up all that much (by OF standards maybe)

He was one of the league's best players last season.

kingantti1874

Aston Villa and Fulham are the only other clubs he has played for. That's not "several". He played a lot at Villa and moved on when they started splashing big money to make the top four.

Well ok 2 but hardly a standout at fulham, if he was premiership class he'd be in it simples - good player at spl level

We_are_the_Hearts

He left Villa when he was 22 and left the Premiership at 23. To put it into perspective, the same age as our own Temps who is still a "prospect" according to Hearts fans. He has matured as a player and there is o doubt he could back down South and hold his own.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He left Villa when he was 22 and left the Premiership at 23. To put it into perspective, the same age as our own Temps who is still a "prospect" according to Hearts fans. He has matured as a player and there is o doubt he could back down South and hold his own.

True enough but... While Temps has a move up in standard ahead of him, Davis took a step down.

I actually think he is an excellent player though... Unfortunately, would rather he left for the Prem or Champ for nowt though... Cannae abide the orcs getting a wedge of dough for anyone while they are in the financial mire. :(

Archived