John Sutton

siegementality

Elliott is not pish! Calum aye, Steven..no! My only gripe about S.E is he doesn't score enough goals for a forward but his workrate is second to none, the only one that comes close is Stevenson for that.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

The Daily Mail and Ewen Cameron... All we need now is for Chick Young to confirm this and we will have the complete holy trinity of guff on this story.

The only quote from Sergio that I have read is that all his strikers have different qualities and that compared with Elliott, Sutton is less mobile. Speaking of Elliott, is it JKB accepted fact that he is "pish" now then aye? :o

I simply don't believe this story at all.

PS may not fancy Sutton (who by all accounts has been less than stellar since pre-season), but why on earth would he tell him he had no future at the club? It's still early in the season, but the transfer window has closed, and all the managers are more or less stuck with the players they have until January. Even if PS hadn't only seen Sutton play a few times, this would be the worst possible time to write off any player, least of all one who has just signed for the club.

Paper talk for me.

Gregory House M.D.

erm no, no it wasnt. HTH.

Oh well makes no difference, my first statements still true.

HTH.

Given the chance I'm sure Sutton will do the job for us. I'm sure over his career he averages almost a goal every 3 games which who give him 15 or so goals a season not bad for a hearts striker given the problems we've had up front in recent times

Sutton deserves a chance If stevo,rudi, kyle and our wingers and get a few as well might be a good season for us.

I simply don't believe this story at all.

PS may not fancy Sutton (who by all accounts has been less than stellar since pre-season), but why on earth would he tell him he had no future at the club? It's still early in the season, but the transfer window has closed, and all the managers are more or less stuck with the players they have until January. Even if PS hadn't only seen Sutton play a few times, this would be the worst possible time to write off any player, least of all one who has just signed for the club.

Paper talk for me.

Hopefully it is just papertalk. Sutton's only been here a couple of months, was his contract 3 years? If so then Vlad will get his way, in otherwords... Sutton will still be here when Paulo's been handed his p45.

Gregory House M.D.

Given the chance I'm sure Sutton will do the job for us. I'm sure over his career he averages almost a goal every 3 games which who give him 15 or so goals a season not bad for a hearts striker given the problems we've had up front in recent times

Sutton deserves a chance If stevo,rudi, kyle and our wingers and get a few as well might be a good season for us.

A goal every 2.8 games I think. Feck knows how.

Gregory House M.D.

Hopefully it is just papertalk. Sutton's only been here a couple of months, was his contract 3 years? If so then Vlad will get his way, in otherwords... Sutton will still be here when Paulo's been handed his p45.

your hatred of PS is tedious.

I read todays Mail and if it's true I'm not happy with the manager. Jock Stein said he needed at least five games looking at a player before making his mind up.

The manager has not given Sutton enough time. Including last season I have seen Sutton more than five times and I think he is a good player. If he did not rate Sutton

why did he not buy someone in the transfer window? If Kyle and Sutton were our front two I would pay to watch them !! I think most teams would fear them Kyle to batter them and score and Sutton to score the scraps.

How do you know that Paulo hasn't watched dvds of Sutton from last season and this season and decided he doesn't suit the system?

I agree Sutton would probably score goals with a partner but surely you can see he doesn't have the movement or mobility for Paulo's system.

A new manager not rating a player he has inherited in his squad is nothing new in football.

your hatred of PS is tedious.

Hate Sergio? No! Deserves a chance but then so does every player who's been in and out of the squad over the last couple of years. The ones that should be booted are the ones who've been here quite a long time and made little or no impact like Calum Elliot and Gary Glen. Sure, they've had injury problems but they've had them for years, taking a wage etc.. time for them to play at the level that suits them...1st division.

Gregory House M.D.

Hate Sergio? No! Deserves a chance but then so does every player who's been in and out of the squad over the last couple of years. The ones that should be booted are the ones who've been here quite a long time and made little or no impact like Calum Elliot and Gary Glen. Sure, they've had injury problems but they've had them for years, taking a wage etc.. time for them to play at the level that suits them...1st division.

So why the reluctance to be slightly positive about him then. If Gary Glen's released I think it'll come back to haunt us. I think he can score goals. Didn't Dundee United enquire about him at the beginning of the summer?

Shame for Sutton, but if PS doesn't feel he is suitable for the style of football we are playing, then so be it.

Sutton hasn't looked that great since he came in. Very unfit.

well a lot of folk seem to be taking the mail/camerons story as given, if that wee welter has had a scoop, then his tale infered that Sutton had thrown the toys out the pram.

Anyone agree that this sort of lack of discipline should be tolerated??

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we got rid off Sutton and kept Glen i would be utterly bemused to be honest... People say that Sutton doesn't move about enough? Gary Glen has probably travelled less than a thousand metres in his entire Hearts career and is one of the laziest players I have ever seen in maroon (let's not mention the one lazier striker, as he gives me nightmares still).

Did I mention that I think the Daily Mail are full of pish? :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

If we got rid off Sutton and kept Glen i would be utterly bemused to be honest... People say that Sutton doesn't move about enough? Gary Glen has probably travelled less than a thousand metres in his entire Hearts career and is one of the laziest players I have ever seen in maroon (let's not mention the one lazier striker, as he gives me nightmares still).

Did I mention that I think the Daily Mail are full of pish? :thumbsup:

Nade would leave Sutton in his dust. FACT.

Gregory House M.D.

ahem! You're hatred for JS is tedious :whistling:

I don't hate Sutton. I just think he's shite. Christian Nade was hugely faster than Sutton. He was quite lazy but his main fault was his sideways runs from touchline to touchline with the ball. He never entered the box much.

So why the reluctance to be slightly positive about him then. If Gary Glen's released I think it'll come back to haunt us. I think he can score goals. Didn't Dundee United enquire about him at the beginning of the summer?

I've never said anything negative about him, i'm just a naturally wary person, always have been. If you're referring to the comment about Sergio's p45 then going by Vlad's previous history then even you would have to agree to a point surely?

The main point in your post... i disagree that Glen's release would come back to haunt us. I agree that he may well score a couple of goals here and there but he's 1st Division level at best. I watched him a couple of times last season and to me he looked like a 35 year old at the end of his carreer than a young lad at the start. He's been here enough time now for most to realise he's just not good enough for SPL level.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

What a load of shit the article is too, have a proper read of it, nothing to back up the claims, not even a Sunesque 'source close to the club' or 'an insider claims' or even 'reports from inside Tynecastle suggest'. :rolleyes:

So no quotes then? Just a speculative paragraph as the evidence for him being told he "has no future"...

It starts with...

"... Striker John Sutton has been told he has no future at Hearts ? less than four months after joining the club... "

It then goes on to say this by way of explanation...

"...Sutton has started only two of Sergio?s six matches in charge so far and was on the bench for the goalless draw with Kilmarnock following the embarrassing 5-0 Europa League defeat to Tottenham at Tynecastle. He was also left out the following week for the derby win over Hibs at Tynecastle... "

then inexplicably...

"... Hearts look short of decent forward options should he remain out of favour, with Kevin Kyle still sidelined because of a troublesome hip injury... "

But haud oan a minute here... I thought he was told he "has no future at the club"?... Now there is a suggestion that he might not "remain out of favour"?? Eh?

I smell shite! :yucky:

:lol: Shan article.

jack D and coke

Not entirely surprised tbh. Sutton when we signed him was perhaps the one out of the four that I was most pleased about but after seeing him in action I couldn't believe how bad he is. His scoring record would suggest otherwise but he looks absolutely murder to me.

Sergio isn't the only one whose not impressed and he sees him in training everyday. No loss whatsoever IMO. A player suited to the motherwells and Raiths of the football world.

Gregory House M.D.

:rofl: :rofl:

You were doing so well too.

Nade was very fast. Too lazy to show it alot but was one fast fatty.

I don't hate Sutton. I just think he's shite. Christian Nade was hugely faster than Sutton. He was quite lazy but his main fault was his sideways runs from touchline to touchline with the ball. He never entered the box much.

Was just turning the comment around on what you thought i thought of Sergio. :thumbsup:

he was like a steam enging slowly chuggin to get started but when he got there he had a fair top speed of about 15mph

Would you not say Sutton is similar to Robbo? He wasnt that quick was he? but he got in right place at right time to score our goals

but he doesnt get in the right place at the right time, so nothing like Robbo

jack D and coke

Would you not say Sutton is similar to Robbo? He wasnt that quick was he? but he got in right place at right time to score our goals

In his prime Robbo was very quick over 5 yards which is everything for a penalty box player.

Robbo and John Sutton??? Stop it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Don't know if anyone's posted this at all yet, but a wee 'source' confirming this lads...

http://www.dailymail...mes-season.html

What source? I am maybe being blind or stupid here but I have read no quotes from anyone of any standing at Hearts and not even from a trustworthy source from an unofficial standing from Hearts... Can someone point me to the evidence for all of this? Serious question by the way... I must be missing all this evidence and source confirmation. :ermm:

Napoleon  Wilson

We have NO brilliant strikers!

Our best striker at the moment is a bloody midfield player!

Kyle = OUT

Elliott = P*SH

Sutton = HASN'T AT ALL PROVED HIMSELF... YET, ANYWAY

Glen = NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Clum = LET'S NOT GO THERE!

Smith = GOOD, BUT NOT EXPERIENCED

We are forced to play folk out of position just now and it's frustrating not to have that 20+ goal striker that we haven't had in years!!

:wtfvlad:

What source? I am maybe being blind or stupid here but I have read no quotes from anyone of any standing at Hearts and not even from a trustworthy source from an unofficial source from Hearts... Can someone point me to the evidence for all of this? Serious question by the way... I must be missing all this evidence and source confirmation. :ermm:

Sportsmail Understands lad, its there in black and white! :ninja:

I'll drive him up to Dundee myself, GG = waste of space :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

NO... he wasn't...

When Nade first arrived he had quick feet and was able to move just quick enough to link up and receive pretty well. Nade then became unhappy and tried to eat his way out of the club, by then couldn't even move at a brisk saunter and little things like turning with the ball seemed to take an age... Nade turning in the box with the ball at his feet was like a slow motion Rocky scene, he should have been fitted with a reversing alarm and indicators FFS! :ermm:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sportsmail Understands lad, its there in black and white! :ninja:

Sports Mail understands digital watches but struggles to tell the time with analogue watches.

Napoleon  Wilson

He's on about our strikers being pish, hope that clears it up for you :thumbsup:

Stephen Elliott is not pish.

Now i hope that clears things up for you.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Dunk-Section G

If Sutton doesnt fit into Sergio's plans then surely neither will Kevin Kyle.

I like what Sergio is trying to do, however I am not conviced it can really happen given the way things have been in Britain for generations. Also, I dont believe our fans will tolerate the type of football he wants to play, especially given the pathetic reactions by fans at games, especially Tynecastle.

Gregory House M.D.

NO... he wasn't...

When Nade first arrived he had quick feet and was able to move just quick enough to link up receive pretty well. nade then tried to eat his way out of the club and then couldn't even move at a brisk saunter and little things like turning with the ball seemed to take an age... nade turning in the box with the ball at his feet was like a slow motion Rocky scene, he should have been fitted with a reversing alarm and indicators FFS! :ermm:

Sorry, this is pish. Nade was anything but slow. People seem to have taken this Kickback myth as if it were fact. I can tell you now that nade won a fair few 100 meter sprints in training. He was just lazy.

Gregory House M.D.

If Sutton doesnt fit into Sergio's plans then surely neither will Kevin Kyle.

I like what Sergio is trying to do, however I am not conviced it can really happen given the way things have been in Britain for generations. Also, I dont believe our fans will tolerate the type of football he wants to play, especially given the pathetic reactions by fans at games, especially Tynecastle.

That's been a given since day 1 for me.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry but Nade was not fast. When he first arrived he had quick feet and a footballing brain but by the time he left he was almost completely immobile. Nade had some skill but his physique towards the end of his time at Hearts prevented him even being able to use that properly, the guy was not always fat either, there were times he was just laden down with muscle and unable to use his skills due to his cumbersom body shape. I lost count of the times he would get the ball caught under his feet or get past someone only for them to just run back in front of him and take it off him again.

Maybe the 100m thing is true, I dunno, what I do know is that he never had the stamina to last 90 minutes so maybe he should have worked on that rather than piling on muscle mass and strength... A quick 100m is no good if after that you need to go and lie down FFS.

siegementality

I don't think we are good enough to play with a player like Sutton at the moment. We need good movemnet from all our forward thinking players. He obviously is looking for 2 central midfielders, a floater in front of them and 2 wide men supporting a striker. If the striker has good movement then it creates space for the other forward thinking players. Makes us harder to defend against.

Funny, I don't think we are good enough to play without a player like Sutton at the moment.

Nade was fast, **** me, I really have heard it all now. Nade was better than..............sorry, can't think of anyone off hand.

John Sutton would do a job for us but maybe doesn't fit with the managers philosophy. No biggie but I hope PS is allowed to sign someone who is.

Still think John Sutton is a useful player to have on the bench if things are going wrong - he will always score goals.

Some times playing pretty football is not the answer and a more direct approach is required - Sutton gives us that option if required.

Nade would leave Sutton in his dust. FACT.

Maybe he would, but I doubt it. I can't decide if this is shite or tremendous trolling on your part.

What I don't doubt is that if the sprint was more than say 30 metres, Nade would spend the next 10 minutes doing sweet FA, drifting out to the touchline for a rest.

I don't know if Dundee Utd had an interest in Gary Glen or not. What I do know is John Sutton has scored more goals for St Mirren and Motherwell than any striker has for Hearts recently, including Gary Glen.

alwaysthereinspirit

I hope our new manager turns out to be the greatest manager we've ever had at Hearts. If he did tell Sutton he has no future at Hearts (doubt it) then he wont be our very own special one.

The Mighty Thor

There's some shite being spouted in this holocaust of a thread.

So far all our strikers are shite. All of them.

John Sutton is not only shite but he is immobile.

John Sutton's 17 goals last year don't count for anything because they were all against St Mirren

Hearts are now flair-meisters of Brazillian/Lochend proportions

Vlad wants his teams playing beautiful passing football

Paulo Sergio is the messiah.

:vrface:

The reality is Sergio is trying to change the way Hearts play. He's got a job on as we have some less than gifted footballers. This new mantra that we are suddenly a flair football team is begining to grate. It's so lochend it's unbelievable.

Sergio is trying to change the pints, fags & kebabs mindset of SPL players by changing the training regime. He's got a job on there too because SPL players are inherently lazy barstewards who are fond of the bevvy, fags and mechanically recovered lamb. This is evidenced by Kevin Kyle (a paragon of health) moaning to sportsound about the training hours.

John Sutton has not suddenly become a shite footballer. It will probably take him time to adjust to Hearts. In fact watching him against us last season he fitted in well to a Motherwell team that played some pretty good attacking football against us. In fact i think Sutton may have scored one of his 17 goals against St Mirren against us.

I hope Sergio is able to turn the culture at Hearts around but the inescapable truth is (as Jambonian pointed out) that his tenure at Hearts will in all probability be over before Sutton's contract is up. In fact given the lifespan of most of our managers/head coaches his tea will probably be oot before he's had a chance to bring his own players in.

Archived