Shareholders dinner

Mr Loverman

PS (and backroom)was the guest at tonights Shareholder dinner. First, and most importantly the food was decent, better than before so well done to Saltire, the new caterers.

Paulo was very open and honest with his answers to questions posed and quite amusing.

Main points for me were:

He's not at all happy with no players coming in before the deadline - he identified 2 x Portuguese players in his Plan A or 3 x Scottish players for his Plan B. He'll speak to his bosses about this if he hasn't already done so.

He was asked about Mikey Stewart - he replied, he's not my player and that he was offered him but he had higher priorities other than a midfielder.

I really like his thoughts on how he wants players to train (high intensity at all times but varying the volume of it depending on when the game is) and also they can do the fitness stuff whilst playing football rather than separate to it. He's more than happy to vary his tactics depending on the opposition - when asked about what he'd do against Ayr in the Wee Cup, he replied "if Ayr play the drums, there's no point in us trying to do the waltz!"

All, in all I think we've got a great Manager who will instil a good work ethic amongst our team, playing clever, high intensity football with a strong will to win.

I could not go tonight, so cheers for that.

You're welcome.

There a fair bit more which I'm sure others will add.

One point though, is there normally an HMFC employee taking notes throughout at these events? I've never spotted this before but did tonight.

You're welcome.

There a fair bit more which I'm sure others will add.

One point though, is there normally an HMFC employee taking notes throughout at these events? I've never spotted this before but did tonight.

yes, ever since mr r took over.

Toxteth O'Grady

PS (and backroom)was the guest at tonights Shareholder dinner. First, and most importantly the food was decent, better than before so well done to Saltire, the new caterers.

Paulo was very open and honest with his answers to questions posed and quite amusing.

Main points for me were:

He's not at all happy with no players coming in before the deadline - he identified 2 x Portuguese players in his Plan A or 3 x Scottish players for his Plan B. He'll speak to his bosses about this if he hasn't already done so.

He was asked about Mikey Stewart - he replied, he's not my player and that he was offered him but he had higher priorities other than a midfielder.

I really like his thoughts on how he wants players to train (high intensity at all times but varying the volume of it depending on when the game is) and also they can do the fitness stuff whilst playing football rather than separate to it. He's more than happy to vary his tactics depending on the opposition - when asked about what he'd do against Ayr in the Wee Cup, he replied "if Ayr play the drums, there's no point in us trying to do the waltz!"

All, in all I think we've got a great Manager who will instil a good work ethic amongst our team, playing clever, high intensity football with a strong will to win.

Hardly surprising

jamboinglasgow

Disappointed that Vlad didn't back him with his signings, hopefully its just early trust issues which Vlad and Sergio can iron out and Vlad backs Sergio in January. I think we have a manager in Sergio who can change Hearts into a better club but needs time and backing, please Vlad give him this.

He was excellent. Very, very intelligent. And his humour went down well.

It did concern me that he was so upset about not getting the signing in. Perhaps he will get some leverage in January. He did say that he will get on with it and was happy to work with what he has.

He'll not he messed around though. Id like to be wrong but I don't think he will be here long.

Any chance I could win a raffle prize at some point? :thumbsup:

its not my roll now, young lisa has taken this on so i canny fix it for you , unlike before, ha ha

its not my roll now, young lisa has taken this on so i canny fix it for you , unlike before, ha ha

I'll have a word with her next month :thumbsup:

why wait till next month as the next dinner is 29th september. :whistling:

well it was the 28th at first.......looks like I dropped the ball on that one (did you see what I done there?) :whistling:

He was excellent. Very, very intelligent. And his humour went down well.

It did concern me that he was so upset about not getting the signing in. Perhaps he will get some leverage in January. He did say that he will get on with it and was happy to work with what he has.

He'll not he messed around though. Id like to be wrong but I don't think he will be here long.

If Hearts are being run on more prudent terms, this is perhaps a simple issue of the budget for the year having been exhausted, maybe they expected to sell a player prior to the window to finance PS signings and this did not materialise? I'd like to think this is more initial dissapointment on PS behalf and that he will be happy to work with what he has for the time being. He himself probably sees Hearts as a gateway into English football.

Main points for me were:

And I'm sure he thought this info wouldn't get broadcast on the internet!ie. 'I'm sure this will be kept in the family'. More ammo for the meedja! Jeez!

:ninja:

And I'm sure he thought this info wouldn't get broadcast on the internet!ie. 'I'm sure this will be kept in the family'. More ammo for the meedja! Jeez!

:ninja:

Thw weeg medjia will be on this like flies on skubala!!!

Show me a manager who doesn't want more players. Fact is we did most of our dealing in the summer under JJ. We're still under the financial cosh and VR doesn't write blank cheques.

If PS wants to make a move to England (and he almost certainly does medium term) then he needs a 3rd place finish (or cup final) to get their attention down there. He'll have to do the best he can with a reasonable (but not great squad) and hope for an addition or two in January.

Howdy Doody Jambo

How long will he be here , one way or another 18 months max

Vlad has not backed him yet in the transfer market , January is always a poor window to get in any decent players if any , If we don't finish 3rd he may be gone without signing a player of his own choice

PS will need a few months to implement his style , the timing was all wrong for a change of manager , he should have been brought in when the last campaign ended

Archived