Who is available on a free now

I.T.K

Just thinking if Hearts will get anyone on a free today or tomorrow.

I believe the following are available;

Stephen Hughes

James McFadden

James Beattie

Michael Stewart

Maniche. ;-)

and plenty more.

Any idea who we should be looking at.

We have just brought in Tapping, so whats the point in bringing in ANOTHER midfielder?

We now have:

Driver

Temps

Black

Arvy

Skacel

Stevenson

Obua

Mrowiec

Suso

Taouil

Tapping

Jonsson and Hamill can also play there

THEN, we have the youngsters to come in:

Robinson

Prychynenko

Johnny Stewart

David Smith

Holt

Why, oh why, would we possibly need to bring in Mikey Stewart when we have all of this baggage?!

We have just brought in Tapping, so whats the point in bringing in ANOTHER midfielder?

We now have:

Driver

Temps

Black

Arvy

Skacel

Stevenson

Obua

Mrowiec

Suso

Taouil

Tapping

Robinson

Prychynenko

Johnny Stewart

David Smith

Holt

Why, oh why, would we possibly need to bring in Mikey Stewart when we have all of this baggage?!

Because we're very silly!! :teehee:

I agree we have lot of midfielder's but I still think we are missing the Cameron, Hartley, Bruno, type player.

I see Tapping as U19 player and I dont see Stewart as the answer.

Drylaw Hearts

Let's not pin our hopes on a young player being our answer to our striking problems.

We did that with Gary Glen, Jamie Mole and Clum.

Let's not pin our hopes on a young player being our answer to our striking problems.

We have to give the chance to flourish, not fail.

We did that with John Robertson, Gary Glen, Jamie Mole and Clum.

Ricardo Quaresma

We now have:

Driver

Temps

Black

Arvy

Skacel

Stevenson

Obua

Mrowiec

Suso

Taouil

Tapping

Robinson

Prychynenko

Johnny Stewart

David Smith

Holt

Think he has been quoted as "able to play a number of defensive positions" and may be cover for Danny Grainger

Aberdeen failed in with a sensational late bid to secure Scotland star James McFadden on a short-term deal. The 28-year-old is out of contract at Birmingham City. (The Sun) whistling.gif

There's a reason McFadden still doesn't have a club and that is his wage demands don't match up to his recent career and injuries.

Tapping isnae for first team. Still think we need somebody to take the ball off the cb's wen thy kp passing it back n forward n then create something

McFadden is a stickon to sign for one of the gruesome. Would have been signing of the season for the sheep (who obviously had no chance)

Templeton'sUnderpants

Edwin de Graf is available on a free.

Just saying;-)

Would be hilarious if we signed him and he turned out to be phenomenal for us though.

I'd take McFadden in a heartbeat. Class player

I was about to criticise him for rarely passing the ball (at least when I've watched him for Scotland), only dribbling or shooting and questioning how he'd fit into our system; then I realised that's very similar to Templeton in some regards.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What striking problems?

I don't think McFadden is the sort of player we should be signing.

He would command a decent salary, and with his recent injury woes there would always be a risk that they could flare up agian and we'd end up with another highly paid player not playing.

He's a great, exciting player but perhaps not a risk we can afford to take.

If he signed I'd be over the moon, but if I was Vlad I would stay well clear.

I agree we have lot of midfielder's but I still think we are missing the Cameron, Hartley, Bruno, type player.

I see Tapping as U19 player and I dont see Stewart as the answer.

But does PS?

What time is John Wilson available on a free ?

plenty of hustle, makes elusive runs, great determination but just falls short when it comes to hitting the target. Its a no thanks from me

Are you joking ?

We are never going to get the complete article as a striker we have some decent pros with very good attributes in their own rights, we had striking problems when all we had was Christian Nade and an injured Mike Tullberg.

Gregory House M.D.

We are never going to get the complete article as a striker we have some decent pros with very good attributes in their own rights, we had striking problems when all we had was Christian Nade and an injured Mike Tullberg.

I thought Tullberg was going to be a good striker. Whatever happened to him?

I thought Tullberg was going to be a good striker. Whatever happened to him?

He turned out to be injured and shite, think he went back to Seria A to get pumped off somewhere else

I'm still waiting on the call from Paulo, my 5 a sides skills have finally been noticed it would seem :smuggy:

Coburg Hearts

plenty of hustle, makes elusive runs, great determination but just falls short when it comes to hitting the target. Its a no thanks from me

He's been close to the bench recently but is a not proven striker. The juries still out I'm afraid.

He's been close to the bench recently but is a not proven striker. The juries still out I'm afraid.

Yup, seems to go to ground quite easlly. promises a lot but no real end product,

Sexton Hardcastle

What striking problems?

During the Derby highlights the boy mentioned "Elliott looking for his first goal in 10 games".

Thats a good 10/11 hours of football.

Rather have Steffi Graf!!

rather have VAN DER GRAFF, at least he would GENERATE some excitment, (sorry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

During the Derby highlights the boy mentioned "Elliott looking for his first goal in 10 games".

Thats a good 10/11 hours of football.

Assuming he's played every minute of those games - which he's no.

Stevenson has 7 in 14. Sutton got a double about two weeks ago. Smith put in a great performance against Spurs last week.

Striking problems in when you have Makela and Nade to pick from.

Diouf has just been released by Blackburn - what club would touch him though?

There will be plenty of agents hawking their released players round clubs over the next week and a half.

Stevenson has 7 in 14. Sutton got a double about two weeks ago. Smith put in a great performance against Spurs last week.

Yep I'd agree with that, 2 or 3 seasons ago we'd have killed to have the strikers that we've got now.

I don't think we have that big a problem up front.

Diouf has just been released by Blackburn - what club would touch him though?

There will be plenty of agents hawking their released players round clubs over the next week and a half.

Ally was talking greasy about him coming back up to them, he's probably is in transit right now

Edwin de Graf is available on a free.

Just saying;-)

Completely mis-used at the hobos - an attacking midfielder with the technique that 10 years in the top Dutch league demands? Wasnt fancied by their hoofmeister boss (as midfield is essentially bypassed).....

If he applied himself he'd be a better signing than Stewart, in my opinion

Sexton Hardcastle

Every minute would be 15 odd hours.

I like Elliott. He put in a very good shift at the weekend.

Im not saying we need more options. Still the midfield that is lacking.

linkin- hearts

We can't all be wrong every time, can we?:whistling:

rudi must stay

Completely mis-used at the hobos - an attacking midfielder with the technique that 10 years in the top Dutch league demands? Wasnt fancied by their hoofmeister boss (as midfield is essentially bypassed).....

If he applied himself he'd be a better signing than Stewart, in my opinion

he'd be an poor signing. The Dutch league is the same standard as the SPL IMO, and from what I've seen of him he wouldn't score many goals for us, he regularly missed open goals.

The real difficulty in signing anyone now is that they are likely to be average or come with baggage otherwise they would be signed up by now.

Maniche - too old/slow/past it?

McFadden - wage/injury situation?

De Graf - average/no better than we have.

Beattie - past it?

Diouf - wage/attitude?

Hughes - no better than we have.

and so on.

Archived