108 Competitive games vs Hibernian since 1983

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

It was grim. Although we managed to keep the score down in most of the games we lost, there's no doubt that the potential gulf between the two teams during a long stretch of that period was huge. The 0-7 was a blip that I still think can be put down to the disgraceful state some of our players had allegedly got themselves in the previous night, and apart from that Hibs only managed a three-goal margin twice. My first game at Tynecastle was in 1970 and I contrived to miss both our 4-1 "revenge victory" in 1973 and the McQuade/O'Connor game at ER in1978. I had to wait a long, long time for my first competitive derby win.

The Hearts players thought the game was going to be called off. The worst one I was at though was the 3-0 in 1976. Hearts were 'up for it' 3 goals in about 10 minutes settled that one. And we got drenched. Back in Musselburgh by almost half-time.

Even worse as a chart

Victor Meldrew

The Hearts players thought the game was going to be called off. The worst one I was at though was the 3-0 in 1976. Hearts were 'up for it' 3 goals in about 10 minutes settled that one. And we got drenched. Back in Musselburgh by almost half-time.

Even worse as a chart

It's things like that that really bring home how **** we were in the 1970s. I feel blessed that it was before my time. Total respect to the guys that followed the club through it all.

Cut The Crap

The worst one I was at though was the 3-0 in 1976. Hearts were 'up for it' 3 goals in about 10 minutes settled that one. And we got drenched. Back in Musselburgh by almost half-time.

My first visit to Easter Road. Saw a guy get carried out with a dart in his heid.

The good old days, eh?

Hearts Heritage

It's things like that that really bring home how **** we were in the 1970s. I feel blessed that it was before my time. Total respect to the guys that followed the club through it all.

It was a weird time following them as a teenager. The spine of the team was

Cruikshank

Anderson

and

Ford

We just gradually got worse a bit like boiling a frog we never noticed.

The relegation season we beat Leipzeig 5-1, got to 2 semis and despite being in the bottom 2 we thought our 2 games vs Ayr United would save us.

Archived