Post Match Kids friendly bars near Tynie

PTBCAL

Originally posted this in the Shed but only got one helpful response (thanks anyway) so I thought I would ask the same question here.

Does anyone take their kids to a pub/club near Tynie after the match that shows the footie on SKY/ESPN and if so how do they rate them? Thinking along the lines of Ardmillian, BMC, Murrayfield Sports Bar (old Westfield) etc.... or anywhere else for that matter.

Just looking for a decent venue going forward to take the kids for an hour or 2 post match..

Thanks for your help in advance.

Originally posted this in the Shed but only got one helpful response (thanks anyway) so I thought I would ask the same question here.

Does anyone take their kids to a pub/club near Tynie after the match that shows the footie on SKY/ESPN and if so how do they rate them? Thinking along the lines of Ardmillian, BMC, Murrayfield Sports Bar (old Westfield) etc.... or anywhere else for that matter.

Just looking for a decent venue going forward to take the kids for an hour or 2 post match..

Ardmillan or BMC i would say. I don't know about what channels the Ardmillan has but BMC has both SS and ESPN.

Ardmillan or BMC i would say. I don't know about what channels the Ardmillan has but BMC has both SS and ESPN.

Cheers - but can Kids watch the game in the BMC? I know they are not allowed in the lounge so does it show footie where the kids sit?

Cheers - but can Kids watch the game in the BMC? I know they are not allowed in the lounge so does it show footie where the kids sit?

That's a good question actually! Sorry i don't know.

Bensons on Dalry Road apparently lets kids in now. Used to be the Balmoral before it was burnt down.

ernie winchester

Ardmillan doesn't have ESPN now - was in after the derby - but Caley Sample Room does. Both kid friendly.

Ardmillan doesn't have ESPN now - was in after the derby - but Caley Sample Room does. Both kid friendly.

The old Blue Lagoon?

the shandon snooker club is where we go open early as well

Here's the answer. Kids allowed, SKY Sports and opens early...Can't beat it really...Oh and it's a simple 5 min walk downhill :thumbsup:

Gorgie Mills bowling club

Donst have sky sports or espn but will let you in no problem.

tommythejambo

Yep, The Mercat will let you in no problem.

Worst job I've ever had was in there. 3/4 years on and I shudder at the name.

Bensons on Dalry Road apparently lets kids in now. Used to be the Balmoral before it was burnt down.

We got turned away on Sunday. Police came in earlier and they had to hid the kids in the kitchen! They don't have a license to allow kids in.

Thanks guys.

Shandon is a no no thanks to my brother being barred.

So will give the others a go - thanks again.

Fxxx the SPFL

I think they do I am sure they had only put signs up on sunday on Polis advice so that they wouldn't be landed with possible nob ends causing trouble whilst uber fans were at the game.

Thats what I heard.

jambojim1986

When i was younger my dad used to take me to merchiston hearts s.c. don't know what the crack with it is these days though.

Thanks guys.

Must have been a really bad boy to get barred from a Phil Maranello shop !

Yes they can. They have a TV up stairs but you need to be a bit sharp if you want a seat.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for my entertainment on my last night

Down stairs in the Golden Rule

So long as the kids are kept out of the top bar. Thanks :thumbsup:

Before games, yes no problem as they have upstairs open! Post match upstairs is usually closed, but there are 2 bars downstairs, one that allows kids in and one that doesnt, which is at the back of the club. The problem is that the one that allows kids in (first left as you enter) isn't always open after games!

NO sport tho :angry:

There's a nice looking place just beside Gorgie Farm.

Have you looked at the customers tho ? :whistling:

Archived