John Wilson Trial Thread (merged threads)

topcat

Footballfirst

Radio Scotland reporting

Guilty of Breach of the peace

but Not Proven on main charge

That sounds about right from what's been reported. Sentence?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

That sounds about right from what's been reported. Sentence?

Dont care but he's probably done enough time to cover any sentence. Main thing is the guy wont get to do it again at Tynecastle.

He'll be a free man tonight, get that right round ye Salmond and yer show trial.

Good outcome. Maybe in the interest of balance, the BBC could now do a special on the disgusting sectarian behavior of the Celtic fans that night.

Stupid of them to try to get him done on sectarian grounds, and make an example of him, when the evidence supporting that was laughable.

From what is in the public domain it sounds the correct decision.

The PF were crazy not to accept a guilty plead for assault but push for the sectarian grounds part. Probably under pressure from that fat idiot Salmond though who seemed at the time at least determined to push through daft and unworkable laws and sentences.

Commander Harris

Can't condone Wilson's actions but I've got to say I'm pretty pleased with this outcome.

A lot of this definitely seemed to be politically motivated (particularly the insistence on the sectarian aggrevation despite the lack of evidence and him serving the maximum time on remand) so I'm glad that a jury saw through that. I honestly think that this is a victory for justice and the independence of the court from political interference.

Jambof3tornado

How are they gonna manage to give him 20 years now ?

Probably by keeping a lookout for him and the 1st time he steps out of line its big story time again.

Jambof3tornado

From what is in the public domain it sounds the correct decision.

The PF were crazy not to accept a guilty plead for assault but push for the sectarian grounds part. Probably under pressure from that fat idiot Salmond though who seemed at the time at least determined to push through daft and unworkable laws and sentences.

Unworkable but not daft. Attempting to better our proud nation can never be seen as daft.

Can't condone Wilson's actions but I've got to say I'm pretty pleased with this outcome.

A lot of this definitely seemed to be politically motivated (particularly the insistence on the sectarian aggrevation despite the lack of evidence and him serving the maximum time on remand) so I'm glad that a jury saw through that. I honestly think that this is a victory for justice and the independence of the court from political interference.

if the politicians where that desperate to hang out a football fan for sectarian abuse why not go for those fans who have been banned from Ibrox and Parkhead THIS season for sectarian abuse

Unworkable but not daft. Attempting to better our proud nation can never be seen as daft.

The fact is is unworkable makes it daft in itself.

rossthejambo

Celtic fans absolutely seething.

Not looking to condone his actions but anything that riles that lot is particularly pleasing. :verysmug:

Had to be not proven after Lennon said he called him a fenian

Who could believe him ?

Who could believe him ?

....only, Lennon didn't say that! :blink:

Who could believe him ?

Lennon never said that at all.

Gregory House M.D.

Cleared. Only found guilty of Breaching the Peace!

In my happy old days walking the track at Tynecastle and Easter Road whilst observing our invited guests from the West my religious affinities when identified by both pedantic parties have identified me as a dirty orange protestant child of an unmmarried couple, I have also been described as a dirty fenian pope loving C, not catholic but a very obscene four letter word. I have arrested numerous of those religious critics, but honestly never considered charges under the religious title. Strangely enough there was on occasion a religious context to these incidents and God obviously had his presence in it, as it seems some of these individuals received slight injuries when falling down stairs in the old Central police station. There is truth in the old saying God will get you.

Italian Lambretta

I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour that the Jury was overheard singing the Paulo Sergio song and doing the Bouncy :lol:

:flagwave:

loveofthegame

The right result. The man has suffered more than enough by being stuck in Saughton for the last 2/3 months for something that he'd of been released the next day for had it happened in the street.

A ludicrous trial all round.

Coburg Hearts

That is the icing on the cake, then.

Sexton Hardcastle

The number of idiot Celtic fans on facebook questioning how he can be proved innocent when thousands of people "ran on the park"

Uhuh, read the full story you morons.

JW For PM

And the moral of they story?

It's perfectly acceptable to try and batter Neil Lennon :thumbsup:

What a shambles of a report on the Beeb!!!

Fact is that the Crown Office boobed in bringing in the religious element.

Why is he still in custody ?

I cannot think of any breach of the peace term exceeding 3 months in prison -- this is being politically motivated for show.

Given the verdict he should have been released immediately.

Seymour M Hersh

The BBC are outraged too by the sound of reporting glasgow. Reval Alderson makeing a complete james of himself.

:pleasing:

Gods a Jambo

Have to say, I am glad for the guy, suffered more than enough at the hands of daft hole Salmond. I said on a thread after the incident, that the guy didnt look the full shilling and its now pointed out he has learning difficulties. I feel a bit sorry for the boy too, moment of madness and it turns into this.

Fecking brilliant news and it shows up the politicians and Crown Office for the bunch of useless arseholes that they are.

To try and get a conviction on one uncorroborated claim by a guy who had 16,000 people shouting all around him was utter lunacy in the first place. There's no doubt that COPFS have been rail-roaded into this by the politicians but common sense should have won the day.

If they'd just done him for stright-forward assualt and breach the jury would have found him guilty in 5 seconds flat.

Edit: Apparently his dad is catholic and his daughter was baptised :lol: How the feck did they ever expect to get a conviction ? Useless twats.

The Comedian

But, but It's Lennon so it must be sectarian. It must be.

:jjyay:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"The jury was pure proddy scum n'that so they wur"

Tossers.

GIRFUY. Every Celtic fan that wanted their 'victim' status validated.

:verysmug:

**** you all. Every last one of you.

Archived