Webster

andi17

Victor Meldrew

I can't be the only one that can't make sense out of the OP

The OP appears to have a bet on that Webster would score the first or the last goal. He is eager to know whether he has been given the second goal.

Harry Palmer

He did score the 2nd but it looked to me as though the linesman wasn't giving it.

He'll likely be credited with it though.

Good job Mr Jonsson made sure.

Ryan Gosling

I was fortunate enough to see the referee's report sheet after the game, and the goal was given to Eggert. The linesman never saw the ball cross the line.

If the linesman didnt see that ball cross the line he shouldnt be doing the job. If Eggy hadnt stuck it away I dont think it would have been such an easy win. Once again it shows how inept our officials are.

If the linesman didnt see that ball cross the line he shouldnt be doing the job. If Eggy hadnt stuck it away I dont think it would have been such an easy win. Once again it shows how inept our officials are.

The assistant ref should be given a months leave of absence.

It was clear as day over with no players obstructing his view.

I was fortunate enough to see the referee's report sheet after the game, and the goal was given to Eggert. The linesman never saw the ball cross the line.

Are they still writing and submitting these reports in pencil?

It will all be sorted after the viewing of Sportscene last night.

Are they still writing and submitting these reports in pencil?

It will all be sorted after the viewing of Sportscene last night.

Yeah but the whistle wasnt blown until Eggert put it in

The linesman should be bang in line with the byeline at a corner!!!!

I cannot see how he would not see that ball over the line and if he didn't then it's one of 2 things.

1. He cheated

2. He is totally inept and shouldn't be doing the job

I recorded the game and watched the replay of the goal in slow motion. Before Eggert puts the ball in the net the linesman had started running towards the half way line.

I recorded the game and watched the replay of the goal in slow motion. Before Eggert puts the ball in the net the linesman had started running towards the half way line.

I'll need to do slow mo, because in real time it looked like he waited till the Jonsson effort hit the net.

Gregory House M.D.

It was Andy Websters goal. I have more than a funny feeling that DJ was extracting the urine.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He did score the 2nd but it looked to me as though the linesman wasn't giving it.

I take it you never celebrated Mr Websters stunning goal, Arnold? :smuggy:

'Waster' was it not? 'Kids on he's injured' wasn't it? Hmmmm? HMMMMMM?

hearts_crazy

Help mi oot guys done webster first goal last goal whos gettin the second goal

Jesus. WTF are they teaching in schools these days?

Actually I was going to answer this but I seriously don't know what the question is.

On a serious note, it was lucky Egg was calm enough to see it through. all the other players were jumping up and down appealing but he was clever enough to make sure. He didnt even appeal, just watched the ball.

hearts_crazy

The linesman should be bang in line with the byeline at a corner!!!!

I cannot see how he would not see that ball over the line and if he didn't then it's one of 2 things.

1. He cheated

2. He is totally inept and shouldn't be doing the job

Actually if you look at the view that was in line with the bye line, after the first shot the linesman is seen running back up the pitch the way they do when a goal is scored, which makes me think that the linesman saw it cross the line. If he didn't then as you say he is simply not up to the job at any level far less SPL because that view i'm on about is exactly the view he had. It wasn't even borderline, like was said in the commentary it was almost in the back of the net

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I noticed that too, only caught by ground level camera, he was clearly running back to halfway line by the time the ball hit the net. I reckon the linesman was giving the goal but the ref hadn't realised it by the time Eggy put it away, so he gave the goal to Eggy happy to sort it out later. Was great reaction from the lad and he deserves a lot of credit for it. Pity for Hibs it wasn't Sodje on the line, the way he cleaned out Kello he'd have put the ball over the stand, that's if he hadn't taken Webster's head off first, with both feet.

Auldreekie1874

I had Webster last with Skybet and they had refunded my cash!

Got onto the live support and they've sorted it :)

I had Grainger first and last with skybet and they refunded me too. I never bothered with the live support though :lol:

Ryan Gosling

I looked at the linesman and missed Eggert scoring it but he didn't run to the halfway line. I can assure you, the goal will be awarded to Eggert. It can't be given to Webster because play never stopped. The Dubious Goals panel can't award it to anyone else. The linesman has to run all the way back to halfway, he took a step to the left to see better - woeful officiating.

rossthejambo

I looked at the linesman and missed Eggert scoring it but he didn't run to the halfway line. I can assure you, the goal will be awarded to Eggert. It can't be given to Webster because play never stopped. The Dubious Goals panel can't award it to anyone else. The linesman has to run all the way back to halfway, he took a step to the left to see better - woeful officiating.

I had a feeling that that would be the case. Eggert fully deserves the goal IMO B)

That's what I was thinking.

If Eggert had missed there would have been no "dubious goal" had Webster's header not been given.

Dubious goals is only for deflections etc.

Wasn't exactly the clearest post I've ever read

Quite a lot of posts seem to fly way over your head to be fair!

To assist my fellow KBers, this is what the above means in English

Gentlemen, please assist me. I backed Webster to score the first/last goal and am desirous to learn whether he was in fact credited with the 2nd goal (so that I may know whether or not the Cream Cookie will cough up).

JamboAberdeen

It was Webster's goal for sure, but will/should be credited to Eggert.

Credit of goal scorer changes after game when both players involved in same sequence, but the ref didn't stop game at Webster's attempt, meaning his attempt and Eggert's attempt were treated as separate plays.

To credit Webster is awarding another goal after the game, like Lampard effort against Germany at the last world cup.

Thanks god we had Eggert calmly put the ball back of the net, otherwise the goal wouldn't have been given, and JKB would've been full of "GFA GTF" screamers.

What makes you think that? The linesman is clearly seen running back to the halfway line before Eggert hit the rebound in. By doing that he indicates a goal.

Ryan Gosling

What makes you think that? The linesman is clearly seen running back to the halfway line before Eggert hit the rebound in. By doing that he indicates a goal.

No he isn't.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

hearts_crazy

To assist my fellow KBers, this is what the above means in English

Gentlemen, please assist me. I backed Webster to score the first/last goal and am desirous to learn whether he was in fact credited with the 2nd goal (so that I may know whether or not the Cream Cookie will cough up).

Ahhhhhh! Now I get it. Now, what language was the original written in?

Ryan Gosling

He isnt standing still. Cheers :rolleyes:

I saw the linesman take two steps to his left, then stop. The referee has awarded the goal to Jonsson, because play had not stopped when he netted it, as the linesman never indicated a goal.

Cheers.

:smuggy:

The linesman has to run all the way back to halfway, he took a step to the left to see better - woeful officiating.

I saw the linesman take two steps to his left, then stop. The referee has awarded the goal to Jonsson, because play had not stopped when he netted it, as the linesman never indicated a goal.

Cheers.

A couple of more posts and he will just about be at the half way line.

Cheers.

emot-smug.gif

Ryan Gosling

A couple of more posts and he will just about be at the half way line.

Cheers.

emot-smug.gif

:lol:

Very good.

As I've said I'd prefer it was Webster's goal but I'm certain it's Eggert's.

:lol:

Very good.

As I've said I'd prefer it was Webster's goal but I'm certain it's Eggert's.

thumbsup.gif

To be honest I think both of them deserve a goal. Think Eggert has looked very comfortable at centre midfield past couple of games. Delighted PS seems to see him as a midfielder.

Neither the referee or linesman signalled the goal when Webster scored, having wathched the highlights the linesman should be pulled up by the SFA as the ball was well over.

But I doubt anything will happen. What if the follow up had not gone in?

Ryan Gosling

thumbsup.gif

To be honest I think both of them deserve a goal. Think Eggert has looked very comfortable at centre midfield past couple of games. Delighted PS seems to see him as a midfielder.

He adds a bit of steel and, unless it's just me, he seems to be a lot bigger physically as well.

Cheers.

We'll agree to disagree. We'll not fall out about it. Lets hope we have a similar debate when we score the second in the next match against them. :thumbsup:

Ryan Gosling

We'll agree to disagree. We'll not fall out about it. Lets hope we have a similar debate when we score the seventh in the next match against them. :thumbsup:

Fixed that for you.

Archived