I reckon PS looks at players like

desmondo

Sutton Black even Stevenson and thinks no way, and will think the same with Kyle

I like the above three/four but i can see where he is coming from

We need pace youth and ability to bring back glory and i see PS doing just that given time and those that dont fit the criteria will be shifted :thumbsup::ninja:

kyle's done nothing wrong dont see why he shooudn't be given his chance when fit him and smith up front :thumbsup:

kyle's done nothing wrong dont see why he shooudn't be given his chance when fit him and smith up front :thumbsup:

Kyle is the business but i feel PS will use youth sure over the season water will find its level but no matter what i feel optimistic for the season ahead :thumbsup:

Kyle will struggle. I actually think he does rate stevo and fully expect him to start tomoro along with blackie.The way ps is trying to get us playing isn't really playing to the strengths of players like kyle.I'm pretty positive about the season ahead, ps has come in, set down how he wants to play and has tried different players out to find who is most effective in what positions. Certainly have no moans with ps........yet

If PS watched Hearts v Spurs and didn't think Black was MOTM, he was on drugs.

Also IMO, he likes Stevo.

PS aint stupid, he will find out the players who give maximum effort, those who have

technical ability, and those with no future at the club.

I know its early day's, but PS seems to know what he's doing, I'm excited about the way he's got the players passing the ball, the

way they are all fighting to win possession and making space for the next pass.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT, THE FUTURE IS PAULO SERGIO!!! :thumbsup:

If PS watched Hearts v Spurs and didn't think Black was MOTM, he was on drugs.

Also IMO, he likes Stevo.

Then he must have been on drugs -- Black was just what he is average -- if you know your football and I hope PS does then Driver was clearly our best player that night and given just a couple of months will prove it on a regular basis -- at this time we are fortunate to have a few decent wide players so he can be eased back in.

Oh sugar i didny realise that Black and Driver were on the park the other night then again i thought Kello was playing :woot:

Yep I go to most games :woot:

Then he must have been on drugs -- Black was just what he is average -- if you know your football and I hope PS does then Driver was clearly our best player that night and given just a couple of months will prove it on a regular basis -- at this time we are fortunate to have a few decent wide players so he can be eased back in.

Well looking at the MOTM poll, Stevo was "clearly" our best player......

Anyway, I probably worded that initial post wrong. If PS didn't see that Black was one of the few good players that night, he needs his head checked.

I agree Driver was good, but so was Black. The MOTM poll will show you that.

Anyway, I probably worded that initial post wrong. If PS didn't see that Black was one of the few good players that night, he needs his head checked.

To much Dwink FFS was Stevo playing :woot: my mate reckoned we never conceded a penalty till today :lol::woot:

Gregory House M.D.

I love Kevin Kyle. Hands down the best striker we have.

With two open play goals. Suttons matched him already.

Black has good physique and pretty good mobility. Think this is what PS likes. That and quick feet. To turn defense into attacks fast. Its the best way of really playing football and the most attractive to watch.

You dont need to be 6"5 or massive built to be a good central defender ie Baresi, Cannavaro etc (mad equivalents i know :-)). Just get the feeling he wants a bit more from each player than to be able to play in only the one position. Wants players to link up well via good passing. This in my opinion, if he nails it, will defeat Celtic/Rangers more often than going for the target man up front. The more possession you give to the old firm the worse it is as they've got better passers of the ball to attack with. You dont want to waste possession against any team, especially the old firm. Obviously the punt up the field works against the lesser teams. But if we really wants to challenge the old firm, you have to beat them by playing better football. Every punt from us up field that doesnt get to one of our players is simply wasting possession and giving the other team the chance to attack. Its been done for years in British football. Where as on the continent its passing. Keep at it, eventually the players will get it down to a tee.

Mind the passing of Fulton, Salvatori & Cameron :)

Oh sugar i didny realise that Black and Driver were on the park the other night then again i thought Kello was playing :woot:

Yep I go to most games :woot:

If you look it states Hearts v Spurs so assumption was we were talking about the home leg -- as I was at the away game I was fully aware of who was playing :rolleyes:

JamboAberdeen

I love Kevin Kyle. Hands down the best striker we have.

You have to say "if fit".

He is unlikely to be fit again, at least near future.

That means KK is not our best striker.

Sutton is more mobile with higher scoring record.

If we try to play passing game, he is more useful than KK.

Gregory House M.D.

KK is our best targetman, he's about 3rd or 4th in striker terms.

KK is our best targetman, he's about 3rd or 4th in striker terms.

3rd or 4th? I'd love to hear who you think is better.

KK brings more than goals, he's the best targetman in the SPL easily, he will challenge for everything and not care if he gets a bump or bruise, and that's what we need right now. Sutton is a big fairy, he looks decent with the ball at his feet but based on his performances this season, isn't good enough to merit a start.

As I keep saying, everyone has definitely forgotten how good KK is.

KK brings more than goals, he's the best targetman in the SPL easily, he will challenge for everything and not care if he gets a bump or bruise, and that's what we need right now. Sutton is a big fairy, he looks decent with the ball at his feet but based on his performances this season, isn't good enough to merit a start.

folk seem to forget that KK also played with Kilmarnock, who also play the same style that Paulo is starting to install, and im sure KK done well playing that system as well.

folk seem to forget that KK also played with Kilmarnock, who also play the same style that Paulo is starting to install, and im sure KK done well playing that system as well.

KK mostly played with Kilmarnock while JJ was boss, so it was JJ's system rather than their current one.

does PS want to play with a target man? he's trying to get us away from the route one style football that suits KK.

Are you guys nuts - there was NO MOTM that night. Every single player in maroon was honking.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sutton Black even Stevenson and thinks no way, and will think the same with Kyle

I like the above three/four but i can see where he is coming from

We need pace youth and ability to bring back glory and i see PS doing just that given time and those that dont fit the criteria will be shifted :thumbsup::ninja:

Sergio has been pretty complimentary about Black to date and ANYONE can see the clear merits of Kevin Kyle. Kyle can play a wee bit too mind, not just a big huddy.

Neither is mobile in the least. Let's get that straight. Therefore it becomes about who is bravest and that is KK by a mile. Only think that will determine who gets more games is Kyle's lack of fitness. We have far too many one-paced strikers at the club IMO.

JamboAberdeen

Neither is mobile in the least. Let's get that straight. Therefore it becomes about who is bravest and that is KK by a mile. Only think that will determine who gets more games is Kyle's lack of fitness. We have far too many one-paced strikers at the club IMO.

Sutton played more games, scored more goals, and more open goals in total last season.

Only advantage KK has is as a target man, which has lesser importance under Paulo.

Also a player rarely stays fit is just a luxury goods

See Hargreaves, Owen or Woodgate, they are simply no use.

Think KK may have played his last game, even if he manages to make comeback, his playing career is numbered.

With no disrespect for KK who played massive part on our winning run last winter, we should move on.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think he is a better footballer than people give him credit for. I see no reason whatsoever why he would be ineffective with the ball played to his feet rather than his head.

...a bit disco

I think he is a better footballer than people give him credit for. I see no reason whatsoever why he would be ineffective with the ball played to his feet rather than his head.

Jan Koller anyone?

As BIG a huddy as you'll ever see in World Football yet fit in with no problems to some good footballing teams.

Archived