Slightly disappointed...

fordy

That PS hasn't signed anyone.We all know where our problems are. I know JJ was was allowed to sign players, but i thought 'Oor Vlad' would have given him the 'nod' to bring in at leaast one player. It could be that Vlad is 'banking' on youth this season.Here's hoping somebody comes in before the end of the transfer window..

Why not give them a run in the team as what's the point in having the best scouting system if they don't get a chance to show we don't need to waist money when it's on your doorstep waiting to get the nod.

Italian Lambretta

We don't need to waste money on mercenaries when we have plenty of good young lads who have been learning how to pass the ball over the last few years.

Time for them to step forward and take this team to a new level :thumbsup:

That PS hasn't signed anyone.We all know where our problems are. I know JJ was was allowed to sign players, but i thought 'Oor Vlad' would have given him the 'nod' to bring in at leaast one player. It could be that Vlad is 'banking' on youth this season.Here's hoping somebody comes in before the end of the transfer window..

I think PS will slightly disappointed as well.

Its fair to say he is probably discovering what VR is like. All signing targets will no doubt not fit VR's criteria and he's probably discovering that he has to find players that are free. Not many of them left in the last 3 days of the transfer window. And for good reason.

I'm not expecting any further signings.

Nobody has left since he taken charge, so for me it makes sense that nobody has come in.

Posters who bang their drum about not signing anyone are usually ones who get their knives and forks out when debt threads appear (not aiming at the OP)

Cant have it both ways.

Drylaw Hearts

Nobody has left since he taken charge, so for me it makes sense that nobody has come in.

Posters who bang their drum about not signing anyone are usually ones who get their knives and forks out when debt threads appear (not aiming at the OP)

Cant have it both ways.

Whilst I completely agree with this.....

I think there is still enough left in the kitty for a player or 2.

We'll be linked with three players on transfer deadline day.

We'll sign one, one will be almost completed but won't happen for whatever reason and the other will be nothing more than a pipe dream.

I have no knowledge, this is just my prediction.

By all accounts the Wallace + Tie money were needed for the tax bill. There may have been a bit left over, but I really think we should start looking at the size of the squad. There are players on the books who ain't gonna get a look in.

Drylaw Hearts

By all accounts the Wallace + Tie money were needed for the tax bill. There may have been a bit left over, but I really think we should start looking at the size of the squad. There are players on the books who ain't gonna get a look in.

We most definitely need to get rid of few if we can.

Starting with The Balogh.

His contracts up in January is it not?

I think there may be a huge purge next summer. Lots of contracts expiring IIRC.

Drylaw Hearts

His contracts up in January is it not?

I think there may be a huge purge next summer. Lots of contracts expiring IIRC.

I think you're right.

He'll be offski before the window closes imo.

Bert Le Clos

Quickly followed by Gary Glen, Callum Elliot, and although he's useful in some games, Adrian Mrowiec. He doesn't contribute enough regularly for me, and we now have a squad which can cover a lot of positions; Hammil, Eggert, Black and Robinson can all play in midfield. McGowan andEggert can both cover at centre half.

I'd also move on Obua. Not only for his ability, which is not as bad as many make out, but for the wage he's rumoured to be on.

The problem is these players have no incentive to leave Hearts as they won't get the same money elsewhere. And on previous performances no clubs are going to be rushing to sign them either.

Cant have it both ways.

I feel that Mr Paulo has looked at what we have and felt it is enough to start working away with just the now, to see who can fit into the style and system he wants, or he may even have sounded out a few players but they would not fit into our budget.

I would give the rest of this transfer window a miss to allow Mr Paulo time to assess the whole squad, see who fits into his style of football, and if needed during the winter window get player(s) needed if possible

At least we are getting 2 million for Gowser. That should keep the wolves from the door for a while.

I heard Paulo only agreed to take the job because Vlad guaranteed he could have the ?2m from Gowser to spend on players.

JamboAberdeen

Swift appointment of Paulo after JJ sacking indicates Vlad and him had discussion, and agreed what should be done way before.

And probably Paulo was told to utilise what we have now, especially youngsters.

So I'm not expecting any new signings unless Barca makes 20m bid on Temp.

Also we'll see massive clear out next summer, with fewer new comers to create space for Academy products.

Francis Albert

I heard Paulo only agreed to take the job because Vlad guaranteed he could have the ?2m from Gowser to spend on players.

Sure.

Francis Albert

Would be nice, but since the kitty is currently standing at about minus ?30m it would be a welcome surprise.

Drylaw Hearts

Would be nice, but since the kitty is currently standing at about minus ?30m it would be a welcome surprise.

I think JJ was given a budget for the season and unless that budget had changed there will still be some money left to spend.

Francis Albert

I think JJ was given a budget for the season and unless that budget had changed there will still be some money left to spend.

That would be good. But we should only spend it if there is someone available within it who can improve the squad. if it's not spent it doesn't mean (as others have implied) that Vlad has done the dirty on Sergio.

Bull. He had big money offers from other clubs who would be able to give him a lot more than 2mil for transfers.

Ray Winstone

I think Thursday has shown that we have more depth in our squad than most poeple give us credit for.

A creative midfielder away from having a complete team in my opinion.

Fermit the Krog

Its fair to say he is probably discovering what VR is like.

Yes I'm sure a highly intelligent man like Paulo Sergio would not have done his homework on the owner before moving to a foreign country and is only now 'discovering' how he operates.

So no, It's fair to say **** all.

:thumbsup:

Bull. He had big money offers from other clubs who would be able to give him a lot more than 2mil for transfers.

My post may not have been serious.

Drylaw Hearts

That would be good. But we should only spend it if there is someone available within it who can improve the squad. if it's not spent it doesn't mean (as others have implied) that Vlad has done the dirty on Sergio.

Obviously.

Anything we have burning a hole in the pocket should be spent on a striker.

I think Thursday has shown that we have more depth in our squad than most poeple give us credit for.

A creative midfielder away from having a complete team in my opinion.

A creative midfielder and a striker imo

Very interesting. Can you say any more then what you have said?

I have heard that it is a Portuguese defender but definetly not Maniche. :(

At least we are getting 2 million for Gowser. That should keep the wolves from the door for a while.

That DOF at Breda knows his shit. :(

As for the thread, I firmly believe that Sergio had two transfer target lists, one if we made the groups and one if we got pumped out. I fully believe we will be consulting list B and trying to sign one or two before the close of the window.

That DOF at Breda knows his shit. :(

He has had a fall out with one of the major sponsors. His position is now unattainable.

sad.gif

He has had a fall out with one of the major sponsors. His position is now unattainable.

sad.gif

SIGN HIM, MR ROMANOV!

His scouting stats on Football Manager are frighteningly good, there are also youtube videos of him scouting some awesome talent.

I think you made GA's point for him.

Enough left in the kitty? Only if you ignore the "IOU ?30M"

jamboinglasgow

SIGN HIM, MR ROMANOV!

His scouting stats on Football Manager are frighteningly good, there are also youtube videos of him scouting some awesome talent.

the scary thing is thats what some managers actually do (well in terms of youtube videos its agents dvds which are really the same thing, the best bits of a player cleverly edited to make him look better.) As for Football Manager, Everton have a deal with the developers of FM (Sports interactive) to have their database of players to use it to find some obsecure players who may have talent.

Tim Vickery (the BBC's South American based football correspondent (and one of the best football journalists out there) was saying on the BBC world football phone in a couple of weeks ago that he once got a phone call from a premier league manager asking him about a player from his area, the manager had got a DVD from the players agent and he looked handy. However Tim told the manager the player is actually useless and would not be wise signing him, so the manager did not. A couple of weeks later another manager in the premier league signed the same player based solely on DVD of the player, and as Tim predicted the player was useless.

For the folk saying we have no budget remember we still have Wallace's wage free and I'm sure we can get someone of decent quality for that

the scary thing is thats what some managers actually do (well in terms of youtube videos its agents dvds which are really the same thing, the best bits of a player cleverly edited to make him look better.) As for Football Manager, Everton have a deal with the developers of FM (Sports interactive) to have their database of players to use it to find some obsecure players who may have talent.

Tim Vickery (the BBC's South American based football correspondent (and one of the best football journalists out there) was saying on the BBC world football phone in a couple of weeks ago that he once got a phone call from a premier league manager asking him about a player from his area, the manager had got a DVD from the players agent and he looked handy. However Tim told the manager the player is actually useless and would not be wise signing him, so the manager did not. A couple of weeks later another manager in the premier league signed the same player based solely on DVD of the player, and as Tim predicted the player was useless.

I fully believe it, buddy.

As the researchers tap into local fans/scouts, they do have a depth of statistical data. Obviously, we all know that these stats can only take you so far and as football opinion is so subjective that even if a player, say, Romanian, is highly rated as a teenager, he won't always be the next Hagi.

However, this guy from Breda, he's different.

Francis Albert

For the folk saying we have no budget remember we still have Wallace's wage free and I'm sure we can get someone of decent quality for that

Even without Wallace's wage I suspect our wage bill exceeds by some margin our entire income.

That can't go on forever.

I am not convinced that for what we will pay we will do better in the striking department than Kyle, Sutton or Smith. It wasn't so long since Kyle and Sutton were most people's idea of the answer.

Archived