Tom White & Dave MacKay at Half Time

Hearts Heritage

Thanks for that, dont know why but it brought a tear to my eye, a great player and my Hearts hero. How brilliant did our fans sound in that as well!

You are not the only one, Typhoon. Not ashamed to admit that it moved me hugely on Thursday night and watching it again still moves me.

On Tom White, I have to admit that I don't know loads about him. I had a look at Wikipedia and note that his stats for Hearts are fantastic. Any of our older Kickback posters able to recant some stories of his playing days?

DM never had to say a word but his glances at the Hearts support was something special when you saw it on the big screens.

You are not the only one, Typhoon. Not ashamed to admit that it moved me hugely on Thursday night and watching it again still moves me.

On Tom White, I have to admit that I don't know loads about him. I had a look at Wikipedia and note that his stats for Hearts are fantastic. Any of our older Kickback posters able to recant some stories of his playing days?

i actually think it was Rob White, nephew of Tommy White and son of John White star of the 1961 Spurs double side, Rob has written a fantastic book "the Ghost of White Hart Lane" a book about the father he never knew, Rob was only 6 months old when his father died after being struck by lightning on a golf course in July 1964

Archived