The Hamilton Hall - Confetti, Polis & Lipstick

Craigieboy

One of the highlights of HH for me was the chap in the Queens face mask then the whole place singing the queen is a jambo.

Brilliant!

Got a good photo of that.

Will try to put some up later.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Was not my plan Iain, trust me. Totally regret it now after looking at what happened at Hamilton Hall and the match.

I could not keep my eyes open from about 3.30pm. I do not sleep on bus journeys, so the trip down was like an overnighter for me. Perked up when I arrived in London, however walked fecking miles in the morning seeing some of the touristy bits.

I only had a few pints in the morning / afternoon (counted about 7 in total) and just could not stay awake. I will never, ever travel on a bus to England ever again. It was sheer toture for someone at 6ft 6.

Am I allowed to :rofl: ?

mutley-pmsl.gif

portobellojambo1

Was not my plan Iain, trust me. Totally regret it now after looking at what happened at Hamilton Hall and the match.

I could not keep my eyes open from about 3.30pm. I do not sleep on bus journeys, so the trip down was like an overnighter for me. Perked up when I arrived in London, however walked fecking miles in the morning seeing some of the touristy bits.

I only had a few pints in the morning / afternoon (counted about 7 in total) and just could not stay awake. I will never, ever travel on a bus to England ever again. It was sheer toture for someone at 6ft 6.

Should you ever have to do the megabus again (although it sounds like you won't) take a half day from work on the day you are travelling, sleep for about 4 hours, then go to the pub (we met in Mathers, Broughton Street), get absolutely mangled, and it helps. On these sort of bus journeys it is all about catching the odd half hour's kip here and there. After we had eaten in London on the morning of the Millwall game all the energy came flooding back.

You missed a superb day out by the way, an all nighter for some, given the last person in our group left the pub we were in at 08:45 am on Friday morning.

Didn't go into Liverpool Street, but spent all day/night up in Finsbury Park, a get together with PHSC, Livingston Hearts SC, Willie Bauld Memorial SC, and anyone else that wandered into the boozers.

Top notch, a bit like Braga without the sun and the fountain.

The Old Tolbooth

I know he is not on the thread but whats happened to CC

He has not reported in.

Missing in Action ???

:whistling:

He was feckin awake at midnight when I was bolloxed and physically drained, wanting to go to bed, but it took little encouragement when he came down from the room to meet me and we found a pub open, oops! :booze:

One of the boys in our group had one, I believe we were seen on tv! :lol:

We were all seen on TV I think mate, apart from Chester Pishpot who was sleeping :rofl:

Hi porto,must have seen you in finsbury park(twelve pins?)before the game,met up with the rest of the livi boys there,had been in liverpool st earlier on.

chester copperpot

He was feckin awake at midnight when I was bolloxed and physically drained, wanting to go to bed, but it took little encouragement when he came down from the room to meet me and we found a pub open, oops! :booze:

We were all seen on TV I think mate, apart from Chester Pishpot who was sleeping :rofl:

I can see I am going to find it difficult living this down. You weren't moaning when I phoned you for a pint when you got off the train.

Oh aye, we bumped into Borthers and bighusref, I seem to remember licking his face.

The Old Tolbooth

I can see I am going to find it difficult living this down. You weren't moaning when I phoned you for a pint when you got off the train.

Oh aye, we bumped into Borthers and bighusref, I seem to remember licking his face.

You asked me to bring you a kebab to the room after you'd had 6 hours kip ya lazy fekker, no way was I venturing back streets of Kings Cross looking for a seedy kebab shop to feed you in that state, I'd have been raped and left for dead! :ninja:

Asking you to come down and meet me so we could find a kebab shop, and then getting no further than a pub that was open until 3am was a mistake though, I was dying yesterday! (still managed to kick yer arse at pool in a drunken state though :P )

Good laugh with BH, Dazo, and erm, whoever else was there :unsure:

chester copperpot

You asked me to bring you a kebab to the room after you'd had 6 hours kip ya lazy fekker, no way was I venturing back streets of Kings Cross looking for a seedy kebab shop to feed you in that state, I'd have been raped and left for dead! :ninja:

Asking you to come down and meet me so we could find a kebab shop, and then getting no further than a pub that was open until 3am was a mistake though, I was dying yesterday! (still managed to kick yer arse at pool in a drunken state though :P )

Good laugh with BH, Dazo, and erm, whoever else was there :unsure:

Oh aye, Dazo was there. It's all a bit hazy likes. There was a really really sound guy who was with Dazo, but nae idea what his name was.

portobellojambo1

Hi porto,must have seen you in finsbury park(twelve pins?)before the game,met up with the rest of the livi boys there,had been in liverpool st earlier on.

That's where we were. We had been planning on going to The World's End, but Livingston Hearts arrived before us and had gone in. Said the pictures on the internet etc. gave the impression of a completely different pub (apparently a lot of the photos suggested what was being used for advertising was the World's End in Camden Town). They weren't overly impressed.

So The Twelve Pins was our chosen venue pre match, and a wee boozer over the road, The Blackrock, was used post match. Both places were fine (Blackrock isn't the poshest place on the planet but it sold booze and was rocking at night) and both must have made a fortune that day.

Oh aye, Dazo was there. It's all a bit hazy likes. There was a really really sound guy who was with Dazo, but nae idea what his name was.

His name was Alan. thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, he recently changed his name to Ian in support of his favourite player.....

CC, if it's any consolation my mate fell asleep in Hamilton Hall, woke up after everybody had left for the game and had no idea where he was going. He spent the next 4 hours on tubes before getting back to the hotel with no idea what the score was :lol:

He then proceeded to miss our train home from Euston yesterday afternoon and ended up on the Glasgow train himself :lol:

chester copperpot

His name was Alan. thumbsup.gif

Seriously though, he recently changed his name to Ian in support of his favourite player.....

I know you were there BH, I remember licking your face. There was a guy with Dazo though that was sound as a pound, just cannot for the life of me remember his name.

And Joe, that has cheered me up a bit mate, not much, but a little bit.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I know you were there BH, I remember licking your face. There was a guy with Dazo though that was sound as a pound, just cannot for the life of me remember his name.

And Joe, that has cheered me up a bit mate, not much, but a little bit.

I feel kind of honoured to have gotten the tongue in the ear treatment as well as the face licking :yucky:

You clarty ****** !!

0511-0907-1220-3969_Cartoon_of_a_Man_Asleep_in_His_Easy_Chair_clipart_image.jpg

chester copperpot

I feel kind of honoured to have gotten the tongue in the ear treatment as well as the face licking :yucky:

You clarty ****** !!

0511-0907-1220-3969_Cartoon_of_a_Man_Asleep_in_His_Easy_Chair_clipart_image.jpg

It's my party piece.

ArthurAxident

When we got off the tube from Kings x at Liverpool St and entered the main station concourse the noise from the HH was amazing i've not had a euro shiver up my spine like that since i entered the stadium in Paris in 84.:woot:

Dean Winchester

By the time we're leaving for the game I'm fairly sure with the state I'll no doubt be in I won't need to be taking anymore drink with me :lol:

Poof. tongue.gif

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I made the game.

:verysmug:

chester copperpot

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I made the game.

:verysmug:

Never has a smilie been more apt! :thumbsup:

Here are a few videos i took from hamilton Hall,sorry the quality is pretty poor

I think Hamilton hall is probably the best pre match gathering I have ever attended in my 42 years. Well done to all.

Hamilton Hall was magic but jumped from the White Hart and the Railway and they were buzzing as well. I would guess that was the busiest and best takings Hamilton Hall has ever done on an afternoon....and the Tesco Express did awright an aw. lol

Don corleone

I've a couple o top vids of Hamilton Hall. If I ever work how to publish to ya tube from an I phone I'll post em up

Hamilton Hall was magic but jumped from the White Hart and the Railway and they were buzzing as well. I would guess that was the busiest and best takings Hamilton Hall has ever done on an afternoon....and the Tesco Express did awright an aw. lol

Dirty Dick's was where the intelligentsia were. Nice pint of Bombardier as well.... :thumbsup:

Hamilton Hall was, indeed, a fantastic meeting place.

The place was absolutely jumping, could even hear singing when I was in McDonalds.

Tesco did a roaring trade...drunk dry by 6ish! :lol:

As for the "confetti" - there was a wee laddie in amongst all the big boys up on that balcony throwing handfuls of "condiment confetti" on folk below. He was right in the middle of it all and fair enjoying his wee self with his sauce chucking mates. If I were his Mother I'd be most ashamed :whistling:

I've a couple o top vids of Hamilton Hall. If I ever work how to publish to ya tube from an I phone I'll post em up

It's very easy mate, I only got told how to do it yesterday.

When watching the video on your phone press the wee envelope on the bottom and select send to YouTube. You will be asked to enter your YouTube username and password.

Once you've entered that it will go to your YouTube and from ther you can copy and paste to kickback.

Tesco mmust av ran out o drink,trying to get served in in the Ham Hall was not impossible but when a want a pint a want a pint,no 35mins later!

Like loads o boys on the boxes o beer/cider an no prob from police either.

Great trip,lets follow on to Sun an rape they muppets. :thumbsup:

Not trying to be a funny cu*t but why in this day and age would anyone travel down to London on a bus?

Maybe some folk who didn't have the cash to spare but wanted to be there to support the team so took the cheapest option to get there?

Doctor FinnBarr

Maybe some folk who didn't have the cash to spare but wanted to be there to support the team so took the cheapest option to get there?

Copperpot could just have slept at home and saved on the bus fare as well!

:whistling:

The atmosphere was absolutely amazing! got some absolutely cracking videos. how many jambos do you reckon there were in the hamilton hall?

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

Paper planes fi Curry Club menus was a laugh too!!

The wee glass collector grabbed me at one point and attempted to sing the Hearts song!! Wee legend haha.

Just home now !!!! what an amazing few nights! Was in a club in East London last night and on our way home had some Cockneys signing hearts songs with us! Thought the crowd, both us and the English, the police and all the bar staff were incredible and really welcomed us!!

HARRY IS A JAMBO

Paper planes fi Curry Club menus was a laugh too!!

The wee glass collector grabbed me at one point and attempted to sing the Hearts song!! Wee legend haha.

They were loving it! As was the token Gooner. Bald guy in dark suit, he come in for his lunch and ended up phoning his work and took a half day, needless to say a couple hours later he was smashed and joined in the banter.

It's great we can leave such an impression on people from the places we visit.

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

They were loving it! As was the token Gooner. Bald guy in dark suit, he come in for his lunch and ended up phoning his work and took a half day, needless to say a couple hours later he was smashed and joined in the banter.

It's great we can leave such an impression on people from the places we visit.

Was talking to a few spurs boys at the bar and they said the place was usually full of spurs but people they knew walked in saw us and walked straight back out.

They said they thought it was amazing though and loved being a part of it. "we ain't gonna walk out just cos your lot are singin songs, best this place has been in a while"

Made me feel all emotional to be honest!

<br />Maybe some folk who didn't have the cash to spare but wanted to be there to support the team so took the cheapest option to get there?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This for me. Got bus down cos spent a lot goin to budapest and couldn't afford to spend money on flights or train. Great day out but will never get the bus on a journey like that again, torture

Prenticeonthewing

<br /><br /><br />

This for me. Got bus down cos spent a lot goin to budapest and couldn't afford to spend money on flights or train. Great day out but will never get the bus on a journey like that again, torture

Dito - spent over ?2000 grand for me and my two boys for Hungary - had a hard job persuading the wife to release funds for this trip - so mega bus became the only option (not one I will take again) - pretty easy for folk who didn't make the trip to critise people who went over and above - well it seems that way from some of these posts!!!!

Unfortunately couldn't attend the leg in London, but some of the stories on this thread are fantastic! Make me proud to be a Jambo! :thumbsup:

stirlingshirejambo

wasn't on the infamous mega bus but took a supporters bus instead. Only option for me had to be down and back same day. Got back 7.45 laddie at school for 8.30. Dropped off at hamilton halls picked up outside of ground. Bus maybe not as comfy as train or plane but practical and cheap. Did the job and if circumstances same next time i'd do the same again.

I take my hat off to anyone who travelled by bus. Done the same for Millwall last year and really, really struggled. Christ, I really struggled with the return train, let alone bus.

I take my hat off to anyone who travelled by bus. Done the same for Millwall last year and really, really struggled. Christ, I really struggled with the return train, let alone bus.

I didn't find the bus to be too bad, certainly never had the experiences some have mentioned. Made of sterner stuff? Maybe!

Archived