Bigoted songs & stabbings last night !

hoof.hearted

It was a fantastic day/night, but before we go patting ourselves on the back, we need to accept that a vocal minority ( the usual culprits) let us down with "oh Edinburgh...", "Fenian blood", "the sash", "derry's Walls" etc.

Most embarrassing was on train from Liverpool Street WHL. Thankfully not too many in our carriage so shouted them down. Was a more on concerted effort from them in the q to get in Stadium and bizarrely in the toilets at half time (wtf???)!

All in all, we were magnificent. If we can create a fraction of that passion tomorrow, the Hobos won't know what's hit them.

Nanananananananana... paulo Sergio, Sergio, paulo Sergio.....!!!

Coburg Hearts

I just don't see what either the head of the church of Rome, or a political organisation from the island of Ireland has to do with HMFC...so why sing about either? Also I think its only a matter of time before we are censored for the Hibees are Gay song. (As Metz Jambo mentions above.)

Where did I say it mattered?

The day your last point comes to pass is the day the inmates take over the asylum.

I just don't see what either the head of the church of Rome, or a political organisation from the island of Ireland has to do with HMFC...so why sing about either? Also I think its only a matter of time before we are censored for the Hibees are Gay song. (As Metz Jambo mentions above.)

As Shawn Lawson said earlier in this thread Thursday proved that you can create a superb atmosphere, with male female, young and old Hearts fans alike just singing songs that don't have another agenda.

Well done to everybody who travelled down to support the team despite losing the home leg so heavily. One of my favourite nights as a Hearts fan...ever!

You are of course correct. I wasn't advocating singing any song, just stating a point.

Like bighusref, I'm not in for a debate, but those who support a terrorist organisation generally support that particular creed, religion, or political party and is therefore sectarian. Those who oppose it come from all creeds, religions, or political parties and is therefore non-sectarian.

Your last sentence is self evident.

--

It is either fair game in a football stadium or it isn't. That must be applied equally to both sides of the argument. I would rather fans stuck to football songs, personally.

Ryan Gosling

The folk who want us to be seen as a separate entity from Rangers do us no favours when they sing stuff like Ten German Bombers - the last time I heard that was when Rangers stuck 4 past us last year.

So i misheard FTP & the IRA tagged on the the Hibees are gay song?

yesh heard that too, but it soon stopped after only a minority of the fans there sang it.

what a trip that was brilliant the hamilton hall was fantastic the atmosphere was phenomenal we sang in the pub in the station on the train which was brilliant we were actually shaking it haha in the street on the way to the ground inside the ground back on the street after the game again my throat is agony but it was worth it

I'm sure someone will be on at some point to moan about something. Some people just can't help themselves :rolleyes:

As predicted. Heard "Kickbacks for masturbators" sung a few times, no one seemed to mind though.

it's a bit rich to come down on people who point out that there were bigoted songs sung on a thread about how there were no bigoted songs sung.

what chance does that leave people with? it's verging on fascism....

Seriously guys, can we not just reflect on a brilliant night to be a Hearts supporter without the use of the words 'but', 'despite' and 'however'.

Was Hello Hello sung? Probably, but why focus on that?

Old Pivotonian

So to summarise:

Despite the frequent insistence on here of many who should know better that naughty songs are necessary, Hearts aren't a family club, and that the "sweetie rustlers" and "PC brigade" were driving the passion out of football, last night saw:

- Thousands of Hearts fans sing their hearts out all night long, create an absolutely cacophonous din, and draw comment and appreciation the length and breadth of the land

- Men, women and children all sitting (and standing) together, supporting their team and having a party which will be remembered for years to come

- No bigoted songs, and not even the remotest hint of trouble anywhere

Everyone there last night represented what this club is actually all about. It is a family club, a special club, a completely unique club: which represents the very best of what Scotland has to offer. And I write this feeling a mixture of jealousy and utter shame that I wasn't there. :(

Seriously though: everyone at White Hart Lane deserves a mighty pat on the back. Just like Paris 1984, I think this was an away trip which will be talked about for decades to come. :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more. In years time I will still remember Hearts fans singing throughout the entire game. I lost count of the people in the pubs afterwards and the following day who congratulated us on giving out team such support.

Imagine if we were able to generate support like that at every game?

Archived