Bigoted songs & stabbings last night !

hoof.hearted

Hawick Jambo

Spot on but is it reported at all in the Scottish Media

Sickening bunch of sycophantic Old Firm arse lickers

Jambo Forever

They are reeking of jealousy after last night. Claiming we embarrased ourselves by having a good time. They are an odd bunch

Italian Lambretta

I'm sure someone will be on at some point to moan about something. Some people just can't help themselves :rolleyes:

shaun.lawson

So to summarise:

Despite the frequent insistence on here of many who should know better that naughty songs are necessary, Hearts aren't a family club, and that the "sweetie rustlers" and "PC brigade" were driving the passion out of football, last night saw:

- Thousands of Hearts fans sing their hearts out all night long, create an absolutely cacophonous din, and draw comment and appreciation the length and breadth of the land

- Men, women and children all sitting (and standing) together, supporting their team and having a party which will be remembered for years to come

- No bigoted songs, and not even the remotest hint of trouble anywhere

Everyone there last night represented what this club is actually all about. It is a family club, a special club, a completely unique club: which represents the very best of what Scotland has to offer. And I write this feeling a mixture of jealousy and utter shame that I wasn't there. :(

Seriously though: everyone at White Hart Lane deserves a mighty pat on the back. Just like Paris 1984, I think this was an away trip which will be talked about for decades to come. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Heard hello hello a coupke of times.

Spurs fans briefly (and of course rather quietly) sang their version of it at the home leg.

scott herbertson

NONE!!!!

Cos the old firm & the hobo's wern,t in town.

while I am no sympathiser i think it is unfair to lump hibs in with the OF.

If hibs had played spurs I think there would have been many more spurs goals, a lot fewer scots fans and fewer songs, and possibly a wee bit of bother with their childish casuals, and it have been a lot smellier. But not bigoted I think

So i misheard FTP & the IRA tagged on the the Hibees are gay song?

:jjyay:

That song cracks me up every time.

Oh aye, Hello Hello was sung before kick off and there were a few drunken sing songs outside the ground. Nothing serious to be fair.

Gid night though

ginger jambo98

Spurs fans briefly (and of course rather quietly) sang their version of it at the home leg.

Nipped into the Ship Inn - on the main drag from WHL to Seven Sisters - after the game. Couple of diamond geezer spurs fans there sang their version and also a belting song about Nicola Berti. Can't remember the Berto words but the other went something like

Hello Hello

We are the tottenham boys

Hello hello

You'll know us by our noise

And if you are an Arsenal fan

Surrender or you'll die

We will follow the tottenham

Good guys in there. Not the bonniest of howffs but we were made very welcome by the local yeeee-doooohs.

hoof.hearted

while I am no sympathiser i think it is unfair to lump hibs in with the OF.

If hibs had played spurs I think there would have been many more spurs goals, a lot fewer scots fans and fewer songs, and possibly a wee bit of bother with their childish casuals, and it have been a lot smellier. But not bigoted I think

Meant the stabbing bit. Those inbreeds can't play a pre season friendly without major grief.

Sad to say though there were a few of the old,fat bigoted CSF and their lap dogs around -- that was the one thing that I felt let us down.

Listening to some of their bigoted nonsense just made me feel pity for them -- not a brain between them.

heartsfc_fan

:laugh: I clicked on this thread thinking...."awwwww feeek.....what's happened"

Needless to say Hearts fans are great in european away games :smuggy:

We have some arseholes in our support. They were arseholes last night.

The majority were great. A truly fantastic support. A credit to HMFC and a credit to our country. Medals to every ***** that made it down.

Best atmosphere i've ever been a part of.

Was saying on the way back how pleased I was not to hear Edinburgh is Wonderful or any of the biggoted rubbish.

Didn't hear the song quoted up in the top tier. (Although I understand from the Celtic fans that singing about the IRA is merely political :whistling:)

Dalstonjambo

If you mean in the ground i never heard this

Midfield Dynamo

Nah........ you might have heard it from a few ar$eh*l?$ but the other 3,950 supporters just sung "All the Hibees are gay."

There is no story here, so jog on!

I can't believe someone is dragging up the old biggoted nonesense.

Nah........ you might have heard it from a few ar$eh*l?$ but the other 3,950 supporters just sung "All the Hibees are gay."

When it's in a thread claiming that we never sung ANY bigotted songs it deserves to be brought up. We were fantastic last night. But we don't need to lie about how good we were. I heard it 3 time max out of about 80 mins of constant singing.

From where I was standing it was chanted quite a few times. I was disappointed that the father of the son, who I was standing next to did not stop him singing it

Was saying on the way back how pleased I was not to hear Edinburgh is Wonderful or any of the biggoted rubbish.

Didn't hear the song quoted up in the top tier. (Although I understand from the Celtic fans that singing about the IRA is merely political :whistling:)

Firstly, I had a great night last night, really enjoyed it and loved the feeling of being part of what I have only heard on TV or Radio previously in terms of watching Hearts outside of Scotland.

However, 'Edinburgh is wonderful' was certainly sung on the train from Liverpool St to WHL, the 'f' blood version of hello, hello and the FTP and the IRA mix of the Hibees song were sung within the stadium more than once. Whether that is 'daft (easily led) boyness', alcohol or total arseholes unable to help themselves is subjective and accordingly we will all have our opinion. A mix of all three probably.

They were in the minority though.

A song I had not heard sung by Hearts supporters before was Ten German Bombers which was being blasted out at Liverpool St. Didn't offend anyone but Germans I suppose (and maybe not many of them), I just wondered why it was being sung and why I hadn't heard it before. I have looked it up since getting home and apparently English children sang it post war. Nice that our support had researched their audience so thoroughly!

I won't let these songs spoil what was the second or third best night I've had as a Hearts supporter.

Top day/night.

So to summarise:

Despite the frequent insistence on here of many who should know better that naughty songs are necessary, Hearts aren't a family club, and that the "sweetie rustlers" and "PC brigade" were driving the passion out of football, last night saw:

- Thousands of Hearts fans sing their hearts out all night long, create an absolutely cacophonous din, and draw comment and appreciation the length and breadth of the land

- Men, women and children all sitting (and standing) together, supporting their team and having a party which will be remembered for years to come

- No bigoted songs, and not even the remotest hint of trouble anywhere

Everyone there last night represented what this club is actually all about. It is a family club, a special club, a completely unique club: which represents the very best of what Scotland has to offer. And I write this feeling a mixture of jealousy and utter shame that I wasn't there. :(

Seriously though: everyone at White Hart Lane deserves a mighty pat on the back. Just like Paris 1984, I think this was an away trip which will be talked about for decades to come. :thumbsup:

Great post Shaun. let's not forget also that this was for a game that barring a miracle was going to see us ousted from a tournament. Like you, I wasn't there but I feel as if I was and I am immensely proud.

Firstly, I had a great night last night, really enjoyed it and loved the feeling of being part of what I have only heard on TV or Radio previously in terms of watching Hearts outside of Scotland.

However, 'Edinburgh is wonderful' was certainly sung on the train from Liverpool St to WHL, the 'f' blood version of hello, hello and the FTP and the IRA mix of the Hibees song were sung within the stadium more than once. Whether that is 'daft (easily led) boyness', alcohol or total arseholes unable to help themselves is subjective and accordingly we will all have our opinion. A mix of all three probably.

They were in the minority though.

A song I had not heard sung by Hearts supporters before was Ten German Bombers which was being blasted out at Liverpool St. Didn't offend anyone but Germans I suppose (and maybe not many of them), I just wondered why it was being sung and why I hadn't heard it before. I have looked it up since getting home and apparently English children sang it post war. Nice that our support had researched their audience so thoroughly!

I won't let these songs spoil what was the second or third best night I've had as a Hearts supporter.

Top day/night.

Heard that german bombers song before the Derby last november as well. :down:

Cappuccino Kid

Jog On...who the f.. are you? Danny Dyer. LOL

By your own admission there may have been a few people singing it but lower 36 or 37 were more than a few.

I may be wrong but i don't think we even had 4k tickets in our end. Not sure those in the other stands were really singing too loudly but hats off if they were.

Now was i condoning or condeming it?

Hello, Hello was sung. Also, when the "Hibees are gay" song was sung, there were some that sang the FTP and IRA bit but they were dwarfed by those that were singing the Hibs bit.

As an aside, and I don't want to get into a debate about it, I have never understood why hating a terrorist organisation is sectarian. mellow.gif

Gregory House M.D.

Sadly, the first did happen once. Despite most Hearts fans trying to sing over it. Except from that, it was a fantastic atmosphere!

Chris Benoit

Hello, Hello was sung. Also, when the "Hibees are gay" song was sung, there were some that sang the FTP and IRA bit but they were dwarfed by those that were singing the Hibs bit.

As an aside, and I don't want to get into a debate about it, I have never understood why hating a terrorist organisation is sectarian. mellow.gif

:spoton:

Just got back from london this morning,felt very proud that our club showed the rest of them how to behave.I was lucky enough to be sitting at the front row behind the hearts flags,even got seen on the back page of EEN and spotted on scottish news..amazing atmosphere their and i dont care wot the hibs throw at us tomorrow,we achieved something that they would possibly never experience and we should hold our heads up as we have nothing to be ashamed of.thumbsup.gif

Incredible support from the fans inside and outside the ground,i heard the cringe worthy Edinburgh is wonderful song only once and it was shouted down by other Hearts fans in the pub.Its been a long time since i seen a support back their team like we did on Thursday and it will take me a few days/weeks to recover.Special praise also for the Police,given recent events they could have been a bit heavy handed but they treated us with respect and got respect from us for doing so.

I have never understood why hating a terrorist organisation is sectarian. mellow.gif

If this is the case, then supporting them isn't sectarian either, thus legitimising the Celtic fans' support of them as a political organisation. FTP certainly is sectarian.

Thursday was as close to an 'acceptable' minority as you possibly could have.

Agreed.

If this is the case, then supporting them isn't sectarian either, thus legitimising the Celtic fans' support of them as a political organisation. FTP certainly is sectarian.

Purposely didn't include the Pope as that is obvious. As for them, I suppose it depends on why the support them and what they are saying. Anyway, don't really want to get into a debate on this, it never goes well. thumbsup.gif

Purposely didn't include the Pope as that is obvious. As for them, I suppose it depends on why the support them and what they are saying. Anyway, don't really want to get into a debate on this, it never goes well. :thumbsup:

Agreed.

:thumbsup:

scott herbertson

I thought the range of songs was great and the balance between Hearts songs and anti- Hibs digs was about as good as we have ever had. Our proportion of erseholes is diminishing fast and the club must be proud of its supporters. Our reputation will be high with London Police etc

All good (apart from my heid which hasn't recovered from the deadliness which is the mix between me and a corporate free bar for 6 hours - at one point I had a pint , a glass of red wine and two shorts in front of me. Still feel quesasy thinking about it)

Oh dear It seems whilst everyone was having a blast some fans sat with a pen and note pad analysing each and every song.

How funny was the "all polis are gay"song when the mets finest came in!genius.Sure it offended someone tho.

I thought the range of songs was great and the balance between Hearts songs and anti- Hibs digs was about as good as we have ever had. Our proportion of erseholes is diminishing fast and the club must be proud of its supporters. Our reputation will be high with London Police etc

All good (apart from my heid which hasn't recovered from the deadliness which is the mix between me and a corporate free bar for 6 hours - at one point I had a pint , a glass of red wine and two shorts in front of me. Still feel quesasy thinking about it)

:thumbsup:

Oh dear It seems whilst everyone was having a blast some fans sat with a pen and note pad analysing each and every song.

How funny was the "all polis are gay"song when the mets finest came in!genius.Sure it offended someone tho.

Probably had to be there? :whistling:

Greg Metz Jambo

Well I read here comment about the version of "all the hibees are gays" but to be honest BOTH songs are not "acceptable" in numerous countries.

One is apparently considered as bigotery, but the other one is clearly homophobic, even "just for fun"... Paris SG and Olympique Marseille have been heavily fined for such "just for fun" songs ...

It will come sooner or later to Scotland also ;)

We have some arseholes in our support. They were arseholes last night.

The majority were great. A truly fantastic support. A credit to HMFC and a credit to our country. Medals to every ***** that made it down.

Best atmosphere i've ever been a part of.

Hear hear loved every minute even Shrek the Musical !! the next night !!

cumbernauldjambo83

10 German Bombers was beyond cringe material, absolute pitiful!

ATTENTION SEEKING PLANKS!

Incredible support from the fans inside and outside the ground,i heard the cringe worthy Edinburgh is wonderful song only once and it was shouted down by other Hearts fans in the pub.Its been a long time since i seen a support back their team like we did on Thursday and it will take me a few days/weeks to recover.Special praise also for the Police,given recent events they could have been a bit heavy handed but they treated us with respect and got respect from us for doing so.

Second the observation about the police - They were very relaxed from our observations.

Even late night when we looking for a place we knew was open later, the police helped us find it telling us to have a great night. :thumbsup:

I really didn't know what to expect from the trip given what happened at Tynie - You'd think we were 5-0 up by the time the parties started to get going post lunchtime - thoroughly good time and laughs a-plenty.

Another maroon event for sure.

Coburg Hearts

Like bighusref, I'm not in for a debate, but those who support a terrorist organisation generally support that particular creed, religion, or political party and is therefore sectarian. Those who oppose it come from all creeds, religions, or political parties and is therefore non-sectarian.

Your last sentence is self evident.

--

Baird, King and Michael

Like bighusref, I'm not in for a debate, but those who support a terrorist organisation generally support that particular creed, religion, or political party and is therefore sectarian. Those who oppose it come from all creeds, religions, or political parties and is therefore non-sectarian.

Your last sentence is self evident.

--

I just don't see what either the head of the church of Rome, or a political organisation from the island of Ireland has to do with HMFC...so why sing about either? Also I think its only a matter of time before we are censored for the Hibees are Gay song. (As Metz Jambo mentions above.)

As Shawn Lawson said earlier in this thread Thursday proved that you can create a superb atmosphere, with male female, young and old Hearts fans alike just singing songs that don't have another agenda.

Well done to everybody who travelled down to support the team despite losing the home leg so heavily. One of my favourite nights as a Hearts fan...ever!

Poofist. :nono:

Seriously, though, the fans did us proud. :walk_man:

Archived