Lauri Dalla Valle (NHC)

Morgaro Gomis

Morgaro Gomis

FM 2007 genius.

Are you sure it's Inter Milan and not FC Inter in Finland?

Could well be, I don't know much about him. I may have misread the article.

Morgaro Gomis

whys that? cos he was good on Football manager

Nope, just because he is rated quite highly by Fulham - he's been given a loan deal till january with the option to extend till the end of the season if they want to. Good choice, imo, as it allows them to keep him if he does well, and get rid if he isn't bringing the goods.

Charlie-Brown

I am not one who agrees with loaning in EPL teams youngsters unless they are young Scottish players in which case I can see that it least provides some help or benefit to the Scottish national teams if younger Scottish players are getting regular game time however loans like this one seem to provide zero long term benefit to Scottish football at all - obviously it will impact on the chances or opportunities United's own young players will get, Scottish national teams don't benefit in any way - it seems the only long term benefit is to the parent club and the player himself.

I am not one who agrees with loaning in EPL teams youngsters unless they are young Scottish players in which case I can see that it least provides some help or benefit to the Scottish national teams if younger Scottish players are getting regular game time however loans like this one seem to provide zero long term benefit to Scottish football at all - obviously it will impact on the chances or opportunities United's own young players will get, Scottish national teams don't benefit in any way - it seems the only long term benefit is to the parent club and the player himself.

I agree with this completely. It`s a short term fix and is another way of insuring the gap between larger clubs and smaller clubs continues to widen.

Sheriff Fatman

FM 2007 genius.

Are you sure it's Inter Milan and not FC Inter in Finland?

Definitely Inter Milan, but he didn't stay there long before he went back to Finland.

Had a very bright future in his teenage years, but failed to establish himself in the Liverpool first team. Although none of the youngsters were given much of a chance with Benitez, he wasn't a stand out performer in the reserves.

Will still be a decent signing at this level I think.

You could argue that he brings quality to Scotland and that other players will have to raise their game.

He might come with a 9 to 6 training mentality that will rub off on others.

It's all about balance.

Had a very bright future in his teenage years, but failed to establish himself in the Liverpool first team. Although none of the youngsters were given much of a chance with Benitez, he wasn't a stand out performer in the reserves.

Will still be a decent signing at this level I think.

Hard to say,Galbraith had a better pedigree and he has been average at best.Stokes on the other hand. :unsure:

Pashes me off when teams like Motherwell and Dundee Utd can get in loan signings to boost their squads and we don't! Obviously scouting etc is a no-no at Tynecastle. Even Rangers and Celtic pick up a Weiss or a Keane to help them out while we fekaboot playing players out of position, doing the team no good whatsoever. It makes you realise why we've won only ONE game in the League since March.

Charlie-Brown

You could argue that he brings quality to Scotland and that other players will have to raise their game.

He might come with a 9 to 6 training mentality that will rub off on others.

It's all about balance.

Last season Rangers brought in EPL loans like Vladimir Weiss, El Hadj etc yet after these players got injured or dropped out it was the likes of Wylde, Hutton and Jamie Ness that emerged for Rangers - Wylde in particular hardly played at all whilst Weiss was there yet emerged strongly in the latter part of the season after Weiss was ruled out with injury!

Archived