Next 4 SPL games

alex plode

All be it we are not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment but our next 4 games are the following ;

Hibs (h)

Inverness (a)

St Mirren (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Obviously we need to take each game as it comes but looking at the overall picture we need to aquire a minimum of 10 points with 12 not being out our grasp. If we manage to achieve 12 I can see our season kick starting and the players may start to regain some much need confidence.

Thoughts?

Realistically we should be getting 12 points from that set of fixtures. If we were to drop any i'd expect it to be by drawing at St Johnstone. Anything less than 9 (at the very least) isn't good enough IMO. We should be beating teams outwith the OF week in week out

All be it we are not exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment but our next 4 games are the following ;

Hibs (h)

Inverness (a)

St Mirren (h)

St Johnstone (a)

Obviously we need to take each game as it comes but looking at the overall picture we need to aquire a minimum of 10 points with 12 not being out our grasp. If we manage to achieve 12 I can see our season kick starting and the players may start to regain some much need confidence.

Thoughts?

Hibs (h) - win

Inverness (a) - draw

St Mirren (h) - win

St Johnstone (a) - draw

8 points for me.

Guildford_Jambo

Hibs (h) - win

Inverness (a) - draw

St Mirren (h) - win

St Johnstone (a) - draw

8 points for me.

Hibs (h) = Draw (just back up from the game against Spurs)

Inverness (a) = draw

St Mirren (h) = win

St Johnstone (a) = win

so 8 points would be realistic I think

Horatio Caine

Everybody's predicting we'll beat St Midden. I hope we do, but I suspect this may be the hardest of the 4 games. They, by all accounts, are not the same proposition that they were last season. The Hobos found that out on Saturday. They're the kind of team who will sneak away with points from us.

Not too confident about the other Saints match either. TBH.

Guildford_Jambo

Anyone see us potentially drawing all 4?

OUT OF INTEREST...Would you rather have 9 points (losing to hibs and winning the other 3)

or 6 points (winning against hibs and drawing the other 3?)

OUT OF INTEREST...Would you rather have 9 points (losing to hibs and winning the other 3)

What a strange question, especially from you. :rolleyes:

Guildford_Jambo

What a strange question, especially from you. :rolleyes:

away and modedit off - answer my question instead of trying to be 'funny'

Morgaro Gomis

I would prefer to take the 9 points, incuding the loss to hibs. At the end of the day, points are what matters, and I would gladly take more points over gloating rights, if offered.

FWIW - I reckon we'll beat hibs, beat Caley, Draw with St Mirren and beat St Johnstone giving us 10 points from the 4 games.

St Midden on paper will be the hardest game but the other 3 are in my opinion the worst 3 teams in the league so we should take maximum points.

Winning breads confidence and I think if we beat Hibs and ICT we will defeat St Midden.

Also our players are slowly but surely returning to fitness which can only help the team.

JamboAberdeen

Think taking maximum points is quite possible, even with JJ hoofball.

But I'm happy to take 10 points as long as there is positive sign of passing game.

so 8 points would be realistic I think

8 points realistic.... but you demand a 10 point minimum?!

Dearie me.

I predict these four games will be a whole lot trickier than some on here seem to be predicting / expecting.

Guildford_Jambo

8 points realistic.... but you demand a 10 point minimum?!

Dearie me.

I predict these four games will be a whole lot trickier than some on here seem to be predicting / expecting.

Id like us to get 10 atleast to push for 3rd place... but feel 8 points is far more realistic

Archived