Socrates in intensive care

Carl Fredrickson

J Cheever Loophole

He used to smoke 60 fags a day in his peakninja.gif

I'm sure he's a qualified Dr of sorts

yabadabadoo1874again

Elegant footballer...educated...1 in a million...integral part of a sensational side!!! .... hope all goes well!!! ... : )

shaun.lawson

He used to smoke 60 fags a day in his peakninja.gif

He still does I think! Meaning this has been coming. Hopefully he'll be fine - but what made him such a fabulous player is he's a total individual, who lives his life the way he wants. If he recovers, but is no longer able to do that, that'd be very sad - because then he just wouldn't be Socrates any more. :(

Most important thing is he recovers though. Best wishes big man. :thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Thought you meant the JKB poster who goes by that username.

So did I.

:sweat:

Johanes de Silentio

Just a fantastic player - really hope he recovers.

The message is clear, guys:

don't smoke.

Worth watching that clip just to see Narey's goal again, really annoyed them that!! :whistling:

Paulo Sergio listed on the Brazillian bench? :o

Anyways, hope big Socrates pulls through this.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I saw him play at Garforth Town in Leeds six or seven years ago. Most bizarre appearance ever. Minus 10 degrees so he stood smoking in the dug out in this massive overcoat until Garforth put him on for the last 20 mins. Almost scored with his first touch, then realised he hadn't played properly for 20 years and blew out his arse until full time

Harry Palmer

Watching the clip at the bottom....."What a Goooooooooooal!" It's in the background when Narey thunders in the goal....

Costa Rican ref? :seething:

Anyway, he's a doctor and should know better. Want him to get through this.

Hope he still has his beard.

Edit: Alan Guff... :blink:

Best wishes to the big man.

I saw the thread title and then noticed you were the last person to post on it, so I was busy thinking how amazing modern technology and smartphones were when folk could post from hospital....and how quickly you must be recovering in order to be able to do so...

So I'm glad it's not actually you. But if it had been you I would have been impressed at your determination to continue posting even in the most extreme of personal circumstances. :biggrin:

jamboinglasgow

The '82 World Cup was a watershed moment in my life, and still the best World Cup I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO0SaDcN4SE

It speaks volumes about Socrates and his fellow Brazil players at that tournament that despite getting knocked out by Italy in the second group stage, they ate held in higher regard by the country then the victorious 1994 team.

But it is one of the best ever world cups, both in excitement and controversy. The rise of Paulo Rossi, Schumacher taking out Battiston, etc.

Socrates is a dude and is cool as .... and a great player, but the coolest, no, that is reserved for The Buzzbomb.

I saw the thread title and then noticed you were the last person to post on it, so I was busy thinking how amazing modern technology and smartphones were when folk could post from hospital....and how quickly you must be recovering in order to be able to do so...

So I'm glad it's not actually you. But if it had been you I would have been impressed at your determination to continue posting even in the most extreme of personal circumstances. :biggrin:

I suspect my posting skills are not actually sufficiently elite to keep you all updated in such circumstances. I may even have, perish the thought, not have been thinking too much about Kickback in such a situation.

I suspect my posting skills are not actually sufficiently elite to keep you all updated in such circumstances. I may even have, perish the thought, not have been thinking too much about Kickback in such a situation.

Some folk just aren't committed to the cause...

geek.gif:)

Archived